Which one do you use?

Which one do you use?

Attached: Fire-TV-Stick-vs-Roku-Streaming-Stick-boxes.jpg (620x335, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2149
reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/5sene4/chromecast_ultra_maximum_supporter_bitrates/
eztv.io/ep/1287486/supernatural-s14e06-720p-hdtv-x264-sva/
youtu.be/fjmwhkbjspI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None, they're both botnet.

Plex + deluge

Roku. Does the job and does it well.

They both support PLEX you fucking moron.
deluge is garbage, use utorrent.

You HAVE to be a macfag, I just can't comprehend this level of faggotry any other way.

I like my Roku. It just works.

Attached: premier.png (790x467, 169K)

interface for Roku is better imho. Amazon's is a clusterfuck, especially if you want to get a new channel

>using adwaretorrent
kill yourself

neither whats the fucking point

Honestly I prefer just using the PLEX webapp on a computer, but chromecast + PLEX for Android is fine too.

lol nigger there is no adware in the Linux utorrent and its the only torrent client that supports using a socks proxy so you don't get DCMA'd by faggots.

you can use socksv5 on deluge cianigger.
if utorrent isn't adware then why does it use the adware license? why isn't it FOSS?
fuck off cia

No you can't you doublenigger dipshit. It doesn't work.

I used to have a full HTPC (and before that a full computer) in my bedroom but the noise (fans and sometimes it would reboot due to being Windows) made it less pleasant to sleep in. Having it in my spare bedroom (now semi-office) has made things a lot quieter and nicer to sleep in.

The HTPC is now in the same room as my desktop and I run Plex on a Roku in my bedroom and living room TVs. It's a much better experience overall.

Fpbp

OP Is a Netflix nig nog

works on my machine.

No, actually it doesn't.

You are just too fucking stupid to realize that its broken.

dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2149

Attached: muhnips.png (354x528, 205K)

I mean fucking come on dude, if you had spent 2 seconds sniffing traffic you would have noticed that your fucking client was contacting addresses other than your fucking socks proxy.

How much of a tech illiterate retard do you have to be?

Unless I can play pirated anime with subtitles with Mkv files I'm not interested in either.

Rhetorical question, one that buys a Mac.

Attached: ihavenoface.jpg (600x800, 73K)

None, I use my ol' trusty PS3. It got Spotify, Youtube and Netflix, that's all I need and care.

>using torrents in the year of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, 2018
>not upgrading to usenet yet
ishiggy

PLEX supports basically everything and the metadata tagging shit is flawless.

Attached: wew.png (1919x990, 1.13M)

A lot of releases show up on torrent trackers before they hit usenet. I use both on sonarr and had to set a 30 minute priority delay on torrents just to get it to pull from usenet instead of torrents.

I use a VPN. got no reason to use adware

Nah I mean like hooking up a USB or micro SD and just play some pirated files on there. I don't want to stream

Proxy is safer than a VPN connection, as it is application level and guaranteed not to leak.

>utorrent
>2018
You should see if you can get your parents charged with child abuse for dropping you on your head so much

Like what? Every major TV and movie group released to usenet first.

Usenet is only kinda shitty for music, especially in today's spotify/single world.

>guaranteed not to leak
I mean if it actually works lol.
(deluge doesn't!)
Oh, I like to watch shows on my phone during breaks at work if I left off somewhere good. Shit is just convenient.

VPN can't leak anything. everything you do including DNS is encrypted and comes out unencrypted from another IP. as far as the ISP sniffers are concerned you're on a different LAN.
also I don't let my computer connect to the internet unless it knows it's connected to VPN.

>Every major TV and movie group released to usenet first.
Maybe my indexer sucks then. Haven't had a release hit first on usenet in almost a month.

Attached: wew.png (1161x606, 127K)

lol ISP sniffers detecting different LANs?
You have absolutely no idea about anything you useless macfaggot. Go fire up your 3rd party shitware VPN software and regurgitate the bullshit about it being leak proof when you didn't even know that deluge proxy support is broken.

Doesn't the roku have live digital TV and the Amazon Prime Video app anyway? kek

Kazaa

Both are shit. But while this thread is up, someone help.

Attached: wew.png (575x323, 35K)

I mean if it works it works. But you probably have a 1gbit lan connection by virtue of having bought your router in the last 20 years, so streaming is hardly a bottleneck.

This does not state max bitrate. A lot of these devices have bottlenecks with high bitrate content as they were designed around Netflix not full 4K blu rays.

I don't know how it is with all that weeb shit you're watching. I imagine that would get released to nyaa or its clones first.

I looked at the latest Supernatural Episodes:
>aired 208-11-15 from 8pm-9pm EST
>HDTV version posted to usenet 9:00:27 pm EST
>720p version posted to usenet 9:00:55 pm EST
>same version posted to TPB 10:04 PM
It may have shown up on private trackers faster than on TPB, but usenet is the first spot for most TV/movies and has been for 20+ years

Attached: file.png (1155x778, 154K)

>need cc details linked to account to activate Roku

No thanks.i just noticed this after buying the Roku ultra today.

reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/5sene4/chromecast_ultra_maximum_supporter_bitrates/

Seems like it may have issues with a lot of high bitrate formats, but for the majority of movies it should be fine.

Yeah but the aggregation on usenet isn't instant. eztv is probably a bit faster vs TPB.

That was a useful link. But chromecast is out by virtue of lacking mainstream audio codec support.

There isn't much overhead transcoding audio on PLEX, so it really shouldn't be an issue...

Close enough.
eztv.io/ep/1287486/supernatural-s14e06-720p-hdtv-x264-sva/
They don't show the release time, but I doubt it was earlier than that.

Attached: file.png (1116x62, 17K)

I do not wish to transcode.

Oh shit I didn't know you could hover for the exact time.

Mine is pretty drastically different from yours...

Attached: wut.png (1326x222, 56K)

I think its worth noting that I'm on the west coast, I am assuming you are on EST so 3+ hours. Which would make it at least 15 minutes faster..

But as my polling is 30 minutes I think that is a pretty acceptable difference in speed.

Also I just watched the trailer for Justified.

You criticize weebshit...
lol.

CSI cowboy shooting oxy

Nice, another trip to filter.

Anyone who uses utorrent were molested as kids.

Attached: 1515072780773.gif (334x183, 159K)

minutely reminder

Attached: tripshit2.png (1000x500, 415K)

>CSI
It's not a crime investigation drama. It's more like a Sopranos type show with season long storylines
>cowboy
Yeah, kinda
>shooting oxy
He shoots oxy dealers (sometimes) if that's what you mean.

It was one of the best shows on TV for a few years and won a bunch of awards. If that's all you got from the trailer for it, you may want to reconsider your thought processes.

Nigger my fan doesn't even work in my ThinkPad.
90+C is nothing.

Attached: wew.png (960x354, 77K)

The trailer was pretty bad dude, its a cowboy in a chair shooting a bottle of oxy. Granted its pretty old. But you don't really have many shows downloading that I can rag on, its the only one.

is 94C high?

Attached: gpu-z.png (392x485, 22K)

Neither because I don't sit around wasting large portions of my life consuming absolutely meaningless content that someone else has created

broken sensor or broken fan

Oh fuck actually I take that back.

Dr Who is a kids show.

I don't know what trailer you watched.
youtu.be/fjmwhkbjspI is a decent fan-made one.

If you watch other good TV (The Shield, Deadwood, early Supernatural, etc) you would recognize many of the actors on the show.

He says, as he scrolls through Jow Forums.

IMDB one, was more like some ultra short teaser.

Attached: wew.png (676x583, 275K)

I assume you pay per month? I don't own a TV so I wouldn't know

>for 5 minutes in the morning while eating breakfast before work
Nice try faggot

Apple TV because it just works and I have other Apple devices

Honestly hadn't heard of Deadwood I'm gonna check that out.

>watching teli in 20 + 1998
oy, lad, what's wrong with you?

That's a really shitty teaser to have as the main one on imdb. They aired it for season 3 when most people already knew what it was.

The second video is at least a full scene, but you don't have the context. Watch the youtube video above or download the first episode. It's pretty good with really good acting.

Haven't watched it in years t b h. It's more on there out of habit.

How exactly are they botnet again? Don't they just collect what you see?

The premium roku box is the way to go

>youtu.be/fjmwhkbjspI
Watched it and it doesn't look bad, not like CSI stuff. Maybe closer to Lethal Weapon or Midnight Texas.

>buying my mom a roku stick for xmas
>she already has a fire, but has another tv with nothing and she just cancelled cable tv
h-hopefully she likes it

Neither. I pirate my shit. They are both botnets. Fuck you normalfag. Back to Plebbit, apathetic consumer whore.

None. I don't have a tv and watch everythinf on my pc.

How do you pirate Netflix and HBO? Also still don't know how they're botnot?

Even if you pirate shit don't you use a streaming service like PLEX?

Seriously dude if you don't this isn't meant as a slight, you need to set it up.

You are a bit outdated grandpa, every group releases to private trackers before usenet now.

Shield tv

Stream link running kodi

none because television is an instrument of the kikes to poison our thoughts

guys i got one of these a while back
used it for one day, did one of those ready kodi builds but i didn't really enjoy it
any tips?

Buy one of the boxes they're a lot better than the sticks

Attached: th.jpg (474x474, 26K)

I got a MiBox and it can't even handle Full HD Blu-ray remuxes

We don't have a tv, literally why would you.

To watch things on a larger screen than my monitor?

i'm roku hard for this.

I don't watch TV

>unironically uses utorrent

Attached: pepe.jpg (248x187, 10K)

>literally released to usenet seconds after the show ends airing
>thinks they're on torrent sites first

>uTorrent
I'm not into Bitcoin mining

And where you watch it, and potentially what other devices are around, what are you watching it on, when are you most likely to watch it, etc.

I'm not the retard who thinks VPNs are somehow magically insecure.

what the fuck do you think a VPN is you retard? stop pretending you're not tech illiterate.

Is there an open source version of roku

Raspberry pi 3

I use my antenna. Its alright.

>Using the uTorrent botnet
The state of Jow Forums in 2018

I have an Intel NUC running Kodi

>watching TV in the current year
Literal boomer.

A computer dipshit. Seriously just build a cheap ass HTPC.