Rx 590 undervolted

>up to 29% reduction in power consumption.
>peak efficiency between 1450 to 1500MHz.
this kills the 1060.

tomshw.de/2018/11/22/effizenzvergleich-zwischen-amd-radeon-rx-590-und-rx-580-mit-interessanten-erkenntnissen-beim-untervolting-igorslab/2/

Attached: 01-Clock-Rate-vs-Power.png (889x669, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/843871819585208322
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So - as news to exactly nobody - its a factory overclocked 580?

100W lower at 1.4GHz compared to 580.

The 1070 shits on the 1060, 580 and 590. It's the best budget card to buy right now. After that, the 2080 is good for raw power.

The 1080 shits on the 1070, 1060, 580, and 590. It's the best budget card to buy right now. After that, the 2080ti is good for raw power.

The 2080 shits on the 1080, 1070, 1060, 580, and 590. It's the best budget card to buy right now. After that, the 2080ti is good for raw power.

The 1080ti shits on the 1080, 1070, 1060, 580, and 590. It's the best budget card to buy right now. After that, the 2080ti is good for raw power.

LOL at AMD copelets, who the fuck will buy a 590 when you can get the 1070 for $320. After that, only the Vega 56 makes for good value and that's if you can buy it for real cheap because it's shit otherwise. In my country the Vega 56 is just $80 behind the 2080 which makes it a shitty deal

What are you getting a 590 for though? At best, you can pull a few more frames out of 1080p settings. You can't run 2.5K reliably with it so what's the point?

Tweaked node with less leakage.

Neat. Maybe by the time I actually get off my ass to replace my current card it'll be the same price as a 580 currently, and I can get a more efficient card with 8GB.

people that want dmc5 and re2?

>budget card
>starts over $300

>get a 590
Why would you buy a 590 is you can buy a 480 with almost the same performance and way lower cost?

i would get a used 580. you'll get better asic and better undervolting.

Stilly shitty performance per watt

It's not, it's a different process. 580 is on 14nm, 590 on 12nm.
The graph in OP alone should make it clear it's not an OC'd 580.

>still competing with 1000 series

Attached: 778878787.jpg (330x319, 70K)

>This kills the 1060
AMD released the 590 to do battle with a two year old low end GPU? They're a little late, no?

just a stop gap before navi.
can't let pajeet idle at the office.
gotta ship something.

>Nvidia release the 1060 GDDR5X to do battle with a two year old low end GPU? They're a little late, no?
heh

>heh
Nvidia only does battle with nvidia.

>doesnt know that every god damn gcn card when undervolted pretty much shits on the competition

who runs 2.5k anyway?

I'd stick with the gtx 1060. I already have it, and cuda speeds up waifu2x.

>as if the mid 2xxx series will be anything more than a overclocked 1060

>Nvidia only does battle with nvidia.
not gonna deny that, in high-end/enthusiast level of gayman.
590/580 is mid range and AMD has a "good" shot of getting some marketshare, but releasing a new fucking rerebrand of the 580 is shit- no questions ask. for nvidia to release a new 1060 is kinda of a weird move if they don't care about AMD, right?
>undervolt
how about release some cards NOT set at 1.2V out of the box? let's be honest: how many people buying AMD cards will do some testing with a undervolt? normies won't.
>I'd stick with the gtx 1060
ofc you stick with it until AMD/Nvidia go to TSMC's 7nm around 2019/2020.
i, too, will stick with my 1070 until i upgrade to 4k when it's mainstream aka midrange cards (up to 400$/€ will be capable of 4k 60Hz at least).

rooting for Intelaviv to release a competitive card to disrupt the market. same as AMD to reenter the enthusiast market with a big Navi card

Attached: 1529567124804.jpg (757x627, 87K)

>how about release some cards NOT set at 1.2V out of the box? let's be honest: how many people buying AMD cards will do some testing with a undervolt? normies won't.

thats pretty much a given very few people actually dont undervolt their amd cards..

Ryzen sells well because it works out of the box, you don't HAVE to mess with the voltage if you don't want too. The fact that AMD's GPU'S don't work well brand new is a negative whether or not neckbeards on Jow Forums undervolt or not. Although the 580 isn't as bad as Vega, Vega, especially the 64, has the worst stock settings I've ever seen in a consumer GPU.

>dont work well
wtf are you smoking? amd always crank up the voltage because there isnt enough room clockwise to play with

plus undervolted ryzen pretty much SHITS on everything just look at the u and e series twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/843871819585208322 and the typical desktop ones..

Normies don't undervolt retard. My point is Ryzen isn't overvolted to hell and back like Vega is. Vega 64 is a complete dumpster fire at default voltage, you HAVE to undervolt it to get your money's worth. That's not acceptable in a consumer product. I don't blame normies and OEMs for choosing Nvidia because AMD products don't work correctly out of the box. "hurr everyone undervolts" is just damage control like Intel fanboys sayibg "hurr everyone delids."

sadly this.

Attached: JPG.png (1600x1600, 27K)

every single gcn is a fucking fire at default you mongol

plus why would ryzen be undervolted "like vega is"

i mean wtf are you talking about here

Try running your car without enough oil. It will save you a tiny bit of money in the short term but you will have a large bill in the near future. Electricity acts as a lubricant at the nano level.

And this is ok, why exactly? If someone said "every Intel CPU is too hot, jut delid, everyone does it" they would be mocked. Imagine buying a new refrigerator and it drew so much power that it overheated and had to throttle hard to prevent it from killing itself. And to fix the fridge's poor performance you had to force it to draw less power. People would rightfully call it a shitty fridge. Yet in thew computer hardware market it's completely acceptable to sell products that overheat by default unless you manually tweak them.

My point is that for too long both Intel and AMD have got away with practices that would be unacceptable in almost every other hardware industry. Yet fanboys defend them just because they're knowledgeable enough to tweak them to be not garbage.

you remember what changed after 7xx geforce series?
what was the main thing they removed from their cards that to this day amd still has it on?

once you find out you will understand why amd still gets TOO HOT and still EATS way too much POWER

>how about release some cards NOT set at 1.2V out of the box? let's be honest: how many people buying AMD cards will do some testing with a undervolt? normies won't.

i bought a rx560 with 52% asic. that's why.
although it will undervolt to 1.02V stock clocks.
they just want to sell crap chips and not do binning.

>amd cant do binning
might help the fact that apple sony ms and pretty much every space observatory plus cern actually get the majority of the good shit..

>brother jumped from a 960 to a 1070
>I'm still on a r9 390
>He gave me his gtx 960 and old mbo/cpu for putting his computer together and giving him a OS
What can I do with this 960?Slifire?I have the room and power but like only one game can do that.

Attached: 47457.jpg (600x375, 67K)

It doesn't, because AMD was retarded enough to not do this OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX and release it that way. Instead its overvolted to all hell, consumes an insane amount of power and generates a faggot level of heat in order to eek out the 1060's performance.

If the consumer needs to engage in this behavior themselves, its a fucking catastrophic market loss.

Why the media never ask amd about this?
There's way too much overhead, it's retarded.

The funny thing is, AMD themself chose this dumpster fire card and sent it to reviewers.

The ASIC score from GPU-z is basically meaningless and has been since the 28nm era

I bought an rx480 when they were first released, with an ASIC quality of 87%. Managed to get it bench stable to 1540MHz on air. YMMV, I suppose.

Undervolting is for chumps - my 290x achieves a 20% overclock...if I pump 1.4v into it.

Are you aware that you can undervolt 1060 too, Indian retard?

adjusting the voltage/frequency curve, yes. did the same on my 1070: 2025Mhz on 1.00V playing Witcher 3