Zoomers will never experience the most aesthetic decade of design

Attached: netscape8beta.png (830x616, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

think-async.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=CPRvc2UMeMI
youtube.com/watch?v=qTsaS1Tm-Ic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: ace790dd9e1a9246ebfeccf6565afe10.jpg (1024x768, 163K)

Attached: Microsoft_Office.png (800x433, 165K)

by aesthetic do you really mean eyesore?

Attached: WMP 9.jpg (1024x600, 106K)

>Found the zoomer

Attached: Windows_Vista_Flip_3D_AERO_Glass.jpg (1600x1024, 226K)

Boy, that's nothing compared to the lines of a '57 Chevy.

Attached: Windows-10-Office-Outlook-2003.png (1023x768, 159K)

Man i miss Aero and Vista file explorer. it was so efficient.

Attached: Sshot114(v2).png (273x364, 135K)

I want to go back

Attached: sigh.png (498x383, 411K)

Attached: 882418-microsoft-plus-for-windows-xp-included-games-windows-screenshot.png (801x570, 471K)

How lucky they are

>muh minimalist squares

I unironically used MSN Explorer.

Yes, they're just nostalgia fags who try hard to rationalize their nostalgia faggotry.
It all looked pretty shit, but it's not much better nowadays. It's just different shit.
t. 30yo Boomer

Attached: 1537968521289.png (600x373, 92K)

>My Briefcase
Now THAT was a feature I just never understood.

Things kept getting better and then peaked at around Windows Vista/7. Then started to get worse with Windows 8.

It's basically a shitty zip file.

With automatic synchronization between copies. Never quite worked properly though.

I remember downloading the first beta release of Napster on BetaNews back when I was in high school. There were like 500 people on the network and I couldn't find fuck all so wrote it off (and went back to FTP mp3 piracy).

Some time later a guy a knew was telling me about this Napster thing where you could download free music and I told him I tried it and it was shit, would never catch on ;)

I remember when everything had "skinz". It was pretty much a requirement for every app. I think it started with WinAmp and spread like wildfire.

I'm not sure even Firefox still does.

Remember Xfire? the program that did everything discord does, and most of what steam does, was written in C/C++ used nearly no RAM at all and worked better than both do too.

Why do wangtards always get nostalgic about their old botnet shit?

Attached: normalfamily.jpg (3908x2242, 796K)

I remember, I really like that it saved your chats locally if you wanted. Steam has no such option, and Discord, god knows where it's uploading all that. It was a simple .txt file too.

>god knows where it's uploading all that
Discord has everything stored on its servers and sells that data to advertising companies.

It's more likely stored directly onto the NSA's servers. why do you think it's free?

Lol yea, it was far better solution with video, streaming, voice, text, and playtime of all your games..

The GUI was more user friendly back then and i really don't understand how Microsofts developers could change to the shit it is today. Who the fuck needs flat design, where you can't even distinguish two different windows laying over each other.
You never know what field to klick in and which of them is active. A mess.
Win7 with Aero Glass was the peak of GUI development. Everyting after that was a direct path down the drain of unusability.
That's the reason i still run Win7 and will never downgrade to Win10.

#MeToo

Attached: Skärmklipp Winamp.jpg (2560x1440, 467K)

Why use Windows when much better operating systems exist?

Xfire was great. We had out chats, favourite servers and could join any time and even see the gamers active on the server.
It was stable running, used almost no RAM and were snappy like hell.
A shame that it was discontinued.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
b.. but saving your chat history locally doesn't help the GestapoNSA, that's why they have the (((cloud feature))) now.
It's all for your best. Believe them.

Compared to Xfire, Discord is shit. Certainly when it comes to protection of your privacy.

xfire even had p2p file transfer, which would saturate your internet bandwidth easily
sad that it is dead.. really sad..

There are no better operating systems available. At least not for clients.
I use CAD software a lot, due to my machine engineering job.
There are no compatible version available for Linux. So Linux and all other Unix based operationg systems aren't qualifying.
macOS/OS X are much better in that respect, because Autodesk Fusion360 supports that very well since their newest version.

I am also not very motivated to constantly hassle with tweeks and scripts to make Linux a usuable OS.
When i'm at work i have no time for such shit and when i'm at home, i want to spare my time for playing games and enjoy media content instead of tweaking Linux to a usuable state. Both gaming and media content is a pain in the ass with Linux.

Because Windows works for most people.
Got an issue?

Linux is just a kernel. Why are you comparing it to Windows?
>gaming
You could have just told me you're a manchild.

Exactly. It was one of the best and most versatile chat messengers available.

Skype was also a very good chat programm. The peak version was the 3.8.0.188.
It ran stable, had no bloatware, the GUI was usable, it was very compact and not wasting space on the desktop and file transfer was not redirected via Microsofts own servers.
And now, you can't even see peoples statuses and the buddy list is miles long, becaue they made every row much larger.

Vista is unironically the most beautiful Windows

Remember Ventrilo?

By aesthetic they mean nostalgic. I remember Netscape times well but today that look looks like hot garbage

yea the garbage voice chat everyone used?
mumble and ts2 were always better

There are no "better" operating systems, user.
Only less shit for particular use cases.

>tfw zoomer who experienced this
it was ass just like today's designs
fuck vent

>everyone used
That's the reason you had to use it.

le jaded xD

>Linux is just a kernel. Why are you comparing it to Windows?
What a shitty argument. I could say that windows also is just a Kermel with an attached GUI.
Try using Linux kernels without a GUI, You will end up with a DOS tier OS.
And i thought you had an answer for me how i could solve the CAD and media content issue.

>You could have just told me you're a manchild.
This is called personal preferences idiot. But the bottle peeing never showering fatso you are, i won't take you that serious.

But lemme explain it for IQ deficients like you:
Windows works out of the box, supports a super wide variety of hardware and software and runs stable. It's environment also provides for the by far biggest and best choice of software available on the internet. Any more questions?
So when you ask me about why i won't chage to a "better" OS, i can seriously ask you the same question.

this design died out because normies didn't like it. now everything is flat and sterile and a lot of them now use these technologies. who would have known, huh?
i still use office 2007. it's pretty good.
yeah, it was the shit. met most of my halo ce buddies there. we played blood gulch 24/7.

>I could say that windows also is just a Kermel with an attached GUI
That would be incorrect. Windows' kernel is NT.
>Try using Linux kernels without a GUI, You will end up with a DOS tier OS
What do you mean "DOS tier"? Text only? CLI operating systems existed long before DOS. But you still need more than just Linux to run that.
>And i thought you had an answer for me how i could solve the CAD and media content issue.
I can't help stupid.
>Windows works out of the box, supports a super wide variety of hardware and software and runs stable
You need to download drivers from the web, which is retarded. Why can't NT do that for you? Your OS doesn't support good software that one might actually need, like the GNU core utilities.
>So when you ask me about why i won't chage to a "better" OS, i can seriously ask you the same question.
No you can't. Because GNU/Linux is far better than your cobbled together pajeet mess.

I'm still using 2007 though

>Remember Xfire?
tfw you'll never get to cyber with your online gf through xfire while you defend your bunkers with a heavy tank in Call of Duty UO

Attached: shot0170.jpg (1024x768, 268K)

t. brainlet couldn't install ubuntu and virtualbox

A literally “no you!!!” response. I’m not even the user you’re arguing with but kill yourself m8 your whole incoherent rambling response did nothing but point out text only OS’s existed before DOS which while true is a point completely extraneous to the argument at hand. Also
>complains about having to download drivers like a 12 year old wondering why his turtle beach headset won’t work for fortnite
If you cry about drivers I doubt you use Linux in any serious capacity other than as a fucking meme

Attached: D7E787A6-EADB-4605-9D84-3CA0F1010FE3.png (600x600, 42K)

>You need to download drivers from the web, which is retarded.
This statement clearly shows how much you are retarded about windows

>What a shitty argument. I could say that windows also is just a Kermel with an attached GUI.
and you'd be wrong. nt is the kernel windows uses.
>Try using Linux kernels without a GUI, You will end up with a DOS tier OS.
kernel allocates resources to processes. you couldn't even linux without utilities made by other people.
>Windows works out of the box, supports a super wide variety of hardware and software and runs stable.
linux distros work out of the box as well. most of them at least.
>It's environment also provides for the by far biggest and best choice of software available on the internet.
there's an alternative for everything. even if there isn't you can always run a virtual machine.

Linux pulls better drivers than OEMs make for wangblows. Fuck off, gamer.
Epin.

How is correcting him that Windows is not a kernel while Linux is equivalent to "no you". Or literally, as you said.
How is calling him stupid equivalent to "no you"?

>Epin.
I haven't had to touch a driver download page in years except for GPU drivers and that was only because I wanted the absolute latest drivers.

I'm talking about when you install, moron.

Just what the hell happened with netscape? THEY WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.

>That would be incorrect. Windows' kernel is NT.
So what, same shit different name. No matter what the Windows kernel is named, the actual comment i made is 100% correct.
So what was your point??

>What do you mean "DOS tier"? Text only? CLI operating systems existed long before DOS. But you still need more than just Linux to run that.
So you actually got the point.

>I can't help stupid.
So you try to tell me that Linux is the better OS but you can't give me a meaningful anser on the CAD issue that is on Linux?
And you call me stupid? For what? For using CAD software that is not supported by linux and vice versa?
If YOU say there are better OS's available, name me one that supports Fusion 360. If you can't STFU!!!

>You need to download drivers from the web, which is retarded.
You seem to know nothing about computers don't you?? Network, and Wifi works just fine, Graphics driver was on the bootcamp file, with all other needed drivers also. And even if i had to download drivers, where is the problem? if i happen to install a program, i download it from the internet.
Once again, you have a pointless "argument".

>Why can't NT do that for you?
Because it rains in Brunswick and in Sydney people drink tea. I see no problem with this.

>Your OS doesn't support good software that one might actually need, like the GNU core utilities.
I never needed this shit. and won't need it.
Can you please come up with an actual argument?

>No you can't. Because GNU/Linux is far better than your cobbled together pajeet mess.
Linux crashes randomly,
refuses to work with most of the hardware available.
Getting 3d graphics to fully work and accelerate is a pain in the ass
does not support usable software
does not support games
does not support CAD software
does give you a pain in the ass when using multimedia content
Does not support ASIO
does not support Thunderbolt (at least nut bug and lag free).

But hey sure, the GNU shitshow you are running is superior. hahahaha

>t. brainlet couldn't install ubuntu and virtualbox
I can, but there is no reason for me doing so. Or name one single fucking scenario i should chose Linux over Windows.
I'm waiting ....

Even though I use riced flat Linux now, I still like how aero looks. This is literally best non minimalistic window design in my opinion.

Firefox's theming API has been limited to changing the color of the tab bar and a couple of other things since Australis.

This is when I install.
I install Windows 10 and by the time I'm at the desktop all my drivers are there.
I've done this for however long windows 10 has been out and never had an issue with a driver fucking up a system update

>Messenger made defunct
>Purchase Skype

I don't get Microsoft.

see

>So what, same shit different name
No, you are not correct. NT is a kernel, Linux is a kernel. Windows is not a kernel.
>So you try to tell me that Linux is the better OS but you can't give me a meaningful anser on the CAD issue that is on Linux?
Linux is a kernel.
>If YOU say there are better OS's available, name me one that supports Fusion 360. If you can't STFU!!!
Ask Autodesk why their specific proprietary software does not support GNU operating systems.
> if i happen to install a program, i download it from the internet
No package manager? That's horrible.
>I never needed this shit. and won't need it.
Oh, but some proprietary CAD software makes or breaks an OS? Retard.
>Linux crashes randomly,
No. Nothing is random. And Wangblows is far less stable.
>refuses to work with most of the hardware available.
Such as?
>Getting 3d graphics to fully work and accelerate is a pain in the ass
No it isn't. It is on by default with the packages required.
>does not support usable software
Such as?
>does not support games
Yes it does, Tetris is even in my package manager. But games are for children, so I don't care.
>does not support CAD software
Just your specific piece of software, there are many CAD programs for GNU.
>does give you a pain in the ass when using multimedia content
No it doesn't. mpv is fine.
>Does not support ASIO
There are better alternatives.
>does not support Thunderbolt (at least nut bug and lag free)
You are retarded if you think that.

Yeah, it's so sad they messed up the GUI completely in win 8 and 10.
I understand that they wanted to create something new, but new doesn't automatically mean better.
I have hopes about that we will go back to a more XP/Vista/7 like design, when more people get annoyed by the eye strain Win10 produces.

>No matter what the Windows kernel is named, the actual comment i made is 100% correct.
it has absolutely unnecessary stuff under the hood and you can't remove any of it because it's proprietary. that's why people use linux distros - to be in control.
>Graphics driver was on the bootcamp file, with all other needed drivers also.
what do you mean by this?
>And even if i had to download drivers, where is the problem?
you don't have to on, say, ubuntu.
>Linux crashes randomly
only if you use unstable branches of software which you shouldn't do on production systems.
>refuses to work with most of the hardware available
not the case nowadays. it might not work with bleeding edge devices right when they come out because people have to write drivers for them.
>Getting 3d graphics to fully work and accelerate is a pain in the ass
not sure about this but i know that nvidia provides proprietary blobs for their cards since most of deep learning stuff runs on nvidia cards.
>does not support usable software
dunno, everything works fine on my end
>does not support games
csgo works great. valve is working on proton so windows games work on linux distros, too.
>does not support CAD software
not sure about this but like i said it's not difficult to run such software in vm configuration.
>does give you a pain in the ass when using multimedia content
what kind of content? i've never had issues.
>Does not support ASIO
what's asio? is it think-async.com/ ?
>does not support Thunderbolt
can't confirm that it does but some of my mates have thinkpad docs with thunderbolt and their computers work fine.

Fuck, stop. I almost had a real GF back then but my extreme autism convinced me she was lying about being attracted to me while her friends were cheering "go get her man".

I remember. Todays design is far better.

>No, you are not correct. NT is a kernel, Linux is a kernel. Windows is not a kernel.
You are a cherrypicking idiot, but still you could not disprove my point. Now you are desperately riding a strawmans horse. Just to not admit that i was right.

>Linux is a kernel.
Linux as a name is used to collectively name all linux based OS's. That i use the name "Linux" as i do is because i don't want to count up all 50 gazillion iterations that are downloadable. But you just want to cherrypic instead of giving me a meaningful answer.

>Ask Autodesk why their specific proprietary software does not support GNU operating systems.
Because it's their choice. and they made it, because barely 0.00000000001% of the worlds computer users use Linux. That's why. Why put millions of Euros into the development of a software when like 0.2 people on this planet will buy and use the software?

Also, as someone who worships linux that retarded, tell me why Linux isn't providing an industry standard compatible CAD software themselfes?
In a previous comment you criticized Windows for not having NT downloading all the required drivers from a central source, as Linux distros tend to do with software also (apt get). I can't find a usuable CAD software there. But hey Linux goooood muhhh.

>No package manager? That's horrible.
Not horrible at all. So there you have no point either.

>Oh, but some proprietary CAD software makes or breaks an OS? Retard.
For people who use highly specialized software it does. Or would you retardedly recommend someone to use an OS that doesn't fit the users needs?
If you do, i hope you don't work computer related jobs.
And if you happen to be a kiddo that just wastes its time to type meaningless comments, Linux may fit your needs. But everything beyond that Linux is unusable.

>No. Nothing is random. And Wangblows is far less stable.
Yes it is, Linux crashes randomly

>You are a cherrypicking idiot, but still you could not disprove my point. Now you are desperately riding a strawmans horse. Just to not admit that i was right.
How is that cherrypicking.
>Linux as a name is used to collectively name all linux based OS's.
Like Android?
>That i use the name "Linux" as i do is because i don't want to count up all 50 gazillion iterations that are downloadable
We are specifically referring to GNU/Linux. Not just the kernel.
>Because it's their choice. and they made it, because barely 0.00000000001% of the worlds computer users use Linux.
Android Linux is the most popular consumer OS in the world and Linux powers over 40% of all web servers.
>Also, as someone who worships linux that retarded, tell me why Linux isn't providing an industry standard compatible CAD software themselfes?
Because Linux developers work on Linux, not other software.
>And if you happen to be a kiddo that just wastes its time to type meaningless comments, Linux may fit your needs. But everything beyond that Linux is unusable.
Is that why Linux dominates all areas of computing?
>Yes it is, Linux crashes randomly
When? Random doesn't exist, by the way.

top lel

Attached: 1478608291-sheldoncooper.jpg (1200x675, 49K)

based

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRvc2UMeMI
that's probably the most relevant thing I learned about modern computing

youtube.com/watch?v=qTsaS1Tm-Ic

It was for file synchronisation. It was intended for laptop users for synchronising their work to external storage like a floppy disk or USB stick. I used to use it a lot.

>And Wangblows is far less stable.
Wangblows?? What is this? I thought you where a cherrypicking faggot?

I can at least tell you that Windows runs much more stable than Linux in general.

>Such as?
A shit ton of chipsets on mainboards, wifi cards and chipsets, GPU's from both nVidia and AMD/ATI, Intel and so on
To list that shit up would prolly crash 4chans servers.

>No it isn't. It is on by default with the packages required.
Liar.

>Such as?
Hey what did i mention since ages here? Are you braindead?

>Yes it does, Tetris is even in my package manager. But games are for children, so I don't care.
Teris hahahahaha.

>But games are for children, so I don't care.
See, personal preference.

>Just your specific piece of software, there are many CAD programs for GNU.
Tried out all of them. and none of them supports for example DXF files throughout and entirely compatible to other industry leading programs
Good luck creating a CAD file for weeks, realizing that your business partner can't open the file or sees a mess of a million lines and dots within the opened file.
That programs exist, does not automatically mean they are usable or compatible with industry standards.

>No it doesn't. mpv is fine.
And it works on Windows too. Where was your point?

>There are better alternatives.
Define "better".
Here we are AGAIN!!!! try at least to understand the importance of compatibility to other people in the branch.
If you have to exchange work, the files MUST becompatible to that others use.

>You are retarded if you think that.
Seriously, you try to tell me that Linux supports Thunderbold without stability problems?
I know the hassle friends of mine have with their Thunderbolt docks and displays using them under Linux. Don't try telling me shit here.

I know that feel user, it's ok, we frens here

Attached: shot0171.jpg (1024x768, 316K)

>MUH CRAZY GRAPHICAL DICK WAVING CONTEST
>LOOK ALL THE COOL EFFECTS I HAVE
>LETS USE EVERY SINGLE THING WE HAVE BECAUSE REASONS

Objectively the worst design ever made

>I can at least tell you that Windows runs much more stable than Linux in general.
But that is wrong.
>A shit ton of chipsets on mainboards, wifi cards and chipsets, GPU's from both nVidia and AMD/ATI, Intel and so on
Such as?
>Liar
No, I'm not lying.
>Hey what did i mention since ages here? Are you braindead?
You can claim as much as you want, doesn't make you right.
>Teris hahahahaha.
Is that not a game, kid?
>See, personal preference.
No, fact.
>Tried out all of them. and none of them supports for example DXF files throughout and entirely compatible to other industry leading programs
So just admit you're stuck in a proprietary monopoly with severe bab duck syndrome.
>And it works on Windows too. Where was your point?
That it works with GNU, which was what you were asking about.
>Seriously, you try to tell me that Linux supports Thunderbold without stability problems?
That isn't a question.

>what do you mean by this?
That bootcamp provides all drivers needed to run an apple computer when installing Windows on it.
And it runs super stable.
I use macOS for CAD and Audio stuff while i use Windows for other stuff.

>you don't have to on, say, ubuntu.
And i said, i have no problem needing to do it. So where is the problem?

>only if you use unstable branches of software which you shouldn't do on production systems.
Using Linux on a production system should be considered a criminal offense.

>not the case nowadays. it might not work with bleeding edge devices right when they come out because people have to write drivers for them.
See, if a company builds a top notch System to render the shit out of files faster than the previous one, they have no time to wait like one year or more to get stable drivers.
From a professional users point of view, this is not acceptable.

>not sure about this but i know that nvidia provides proprietary blobs for their cards since most of deep learning stuff runs on nvidia cards.
Last i checked with a friend who runs some debian distro, he had a shit ton of trouble to get his card running. He changed to a lower end card instead because the provided drivers would not work even though they were dedicated to this card he had a first.

>dunno, everything works fine on my end
Then you maybe use software that you are in need of and that actually works, i for example had problems and i could also not get my companies internal chat client up and running. I ended up using my Laptop besides, just to stay in touch with my other team member developers. And i also wasted one day on a DXF file, that was only readable by my own computer running Linux.

>what kind of content? i've never had issues.
mostly .mkv files containing different video codecs and resolutions and ac-3 sound files. Sometimes even the subtitles just showed weird signs and sometimes refised to work entirely.
I had to install plug ins from the repository.

>what's asio? is it think-async.com/ ?
ASIO is basically a communications protocol that lets your computer communicate with different audio devices like mixers, enhancers equalizers and even some microphoes lag free and timed. So that no jitter or even echoes can occur.
Well it goes a lot deeper than that, but it is basically explained just that.
Most of the hardware people in the music industry use, use just that protocol, amon gothers also, but ASIO is the most wide spread one.

T-thanks
Post more

>How is that cherrypicking.
You know well what i mean, you can't be that retarded don't you?

>Like Android?
We talk desktop OS don't we?
Also, there are differnet Android distros available, which do you mean by saying Android?

>We are specifically referring to GNU/Linux. Not just the kernel.
Do that if you want, i say Linux. and mean the same.

>Android Linux is the most popular consumer OS in the world and Linux powers over 40% of all web servers.
Don't intentionally mix up shit to your favor. We talk about desktop environment X86 compatible computers, not handlehd devices nor servers.
Make a point instead of pushing the strawman violently.

>Because Linux developers work on Linux, not other software.
And it does still not adress the problem of CAD being a pain in the ass under Linux.

>Is that why Linux dominates all areas of computing?
Once again, we talk desktop Computers, not handlehd devices, not Servers and no other fancy non consumer products.
On desktop computers, linux is nothing more than a non measurable minority.

>When? Random doesn't exist, by the way.
09:32pm if that helps you.
Last year it was 7:25am hahaha

>You know well what i mean, you can't be that retarded don't you?
I know what cherrypicking is and I am not doing it, so I don't know what you mean.
>We talk desktop OS don't we?
Android can be used on the desktop.
>Also, there are differnet Android distros available, which do you mean by saying Android?
I mean the OS, a distro is not an OS.
>Do that if you want, i say Linux. and mean the same.
Then you are using words incorrectly.
>We talk about desktop environment X86 compatible computers
Android x86 exists and ARM GNU/Linux exists.
>And it does still not adress the problem of CAD being a pain in the ass under Linux.
It isn't, you just have baby duck syndrome.
>On desktop computers, linux is nothing more than a non measurable minority.
GNU/Linux numbers around 2, plus the 2% from ChromeOS, which is also Linux. Hardly immeasurable. Quite the opposite.
>09:32pm if that helps you.
It does, actually. It tells me you are lying.

Fuck man that takes me back. Miss my old XP Royale

>But that is wrong.
No!!

>Such as?
Search on the internet and you will find a ton of hel prequests about refused and halted installations, about crashed after start, about network connections lost under linux because drivers stopped working.
There is something called gooooooogle. there you can type in almost every shit you wanna search on and get immediate search rsults. Try it out.
www.google.com

>You can claim as much as you want, doesn't make you right.
I told and asked you about CAD software or ASIO compatible audio software, you have not one single time given me a usable answer or a solution to the problems.
Also, there is no software available for music or video production that is on a professional level supporting all the plugins that are available. Linux leaves you in the desert in terms of that.
Hence, Linux is unusable for people that produce music and film.

>Is that not a game, kid?
Wow, one single fucking game. What happens if you want to play another game?
Windows does support literally ALL games that came out for desktop PC's, Linux hardly supports ten if even less than so.

>No, fact.
Say it to my face asshole. I bet you wouldn't dare doing so. I find fatty bottlepissers like you being gay as hell. Also a fact.

>So just admit you're stuck in a proprietary monopoly with severe bab duck syndrome.
Am i stuck? No, i can change to another program that has much less options but is free and still create industry standard compatible .dxf files.
I sometimes get such files from smaller companies or private people who want me to machine stuff for them.
Autodesk even lets you use their program Fusion 360 totally free when you register it as scholar/educational purpose or for private use by cheking a box and registering.
A software that otherwise costs lthousands of Euros for commercial use.
I wouldn't call this "stuck".

>That it works with GNU, which was what you were asking about.
So what, even if it runs under linux, it also runs fine under Windows. There is no need to change.

>That isn't a question.
I question that Tunderbolt runs stable and lag free under Linux.

>Search on the internet
Great argument.
>I told and asked you about CAD software or ASIO compatible audio software, you have not one single time given me a usable answer or a solution to the problems.
Not your tech support.
>Also, there is no software available for music or video production that is on a professional level supporting all the plugins that are available. Linux leaves you in the desert in terms of that.
Define what you mean, rather than using vague marketing terms like professional.
>Hence, Linux is unusable for people that produce music and film.
Well, it is just a kernel.
>Wow, one single fucking game. What happens if you want to play another game?
You download it. How many games do you need?
>Windows does support literally ALL games that came out for desktop PC's, Linux hardly supports ten if even less than so.
Can you prove that?
>Say it to my face asshole. I bet you wouldn't dare doing so. I find fatty bottlepissers like you being gay as hell. Also a fact.
xD
>I wouldn't call this "stuck".
Then quit your bitching.
>So what, even if it runs under linux, it also runs fine under Windows. There is no need to change.
Then just don't complain that you have no freedom.
>I question that Tunderbolt runs stable and lag free under Linux.
Feel free, doesn't make it so.

>I know what cherrypicking is ...
So stop doing it.

> ... and I am not doing it, so I don't know what you mean.
And i thought you did know what cherrypicking is. You are cleary wrong then and lied to me. Which isn't good.

>Android can be used on the desktop.
Cherrypicking

>I mean the OS, a distro is not an OS.
Cherrypicking and strawman

>Then you are using words incorrectly.

>Android x86 exists and ARM GNU/Linux exists.

>It isn't, you just have baby duck syndrome.
Nonsense argument and false accusation.

>GNU/Linux numbers around 2, plus the 2% from ChromeOS, which is also Linux. Hardly immeasurable. Quite the opposite.
Oh that much hahahaha. So you seriously try to tell me that the "superior" OS Linux is used by just 4% max, while windows the inferior system is used by the rest (substract the mac users here)?

Your posts are entirely shitpost, nothing more. Not only that you try to mix up the conversation by using Android as an argument on Desktop environments, no you also lack any reasonable argument, why a professional user like me should use Inferior Linux in stead of a well functioning Windows.
I have no use of an OS that does not support CAD or ASIO compatible music software. No matter if you throw in Android and try to confuse the whole conversation only to not admit that you are dumbfuck stupid and entirely wrong.

>So stop doing it.
What do you think cherrypicking is?
>And i thought you did know what cherrypicking is. You are cleary wrong then and lied to me. Which isn't good.
I don't think you know.
>Cherrypicking
No it isn't. Are you retarded?
>Cherrypicking and strawman
Don't use words you don't understand. I think you read an infographic on fallacies and you're trying to shoehorn them into this. It isn't working.
>So you seriously try to tell me that the "superior" OS Linux is used by just 4% max, while windows the inferior system is used by the rest (substract the mac users here)?
I didn't realise popularity was a measure of quality.
>using Android as an argument on Desktop environments
No I don't. Do you know what a DE is?
>I have no use of an OS that does not support CAD or ASIO compatible music software
CAD software exists for GNU and there are better alternatives to ASIO.

>Great argument.
It actually is, there you can read about the issues from others in case you don't believe me.
You could basically get confirmed what i say. But it doesn't fit your narrative, so you go fully blindfolded instead.

>Not your tech support.
But it was you idiot who said Linux is superior, you could at least tell me why their support is shitty and why no usable software in terms of CAD exists.

>Define what you mean, rather than using vague marketing terms like professional.
I talk about professional production software and the pethora of plug ins that are available. Linux compatible programs can't make use of these plugins.
Not that hard to understand.

>Well, it is just a kernel.
Cherrypicking and strawman.
I hear you blokes saying Linux all the time when you talk about your OS's

>You download it. How many games do you need?
Strawman argument again.
It's not a question on how many i need, it is a question about if it runs the games I want to play. And it clearly does not. So even there, linux is not usable.
Again, you had no point.

>Can you prove that?
Then, name me some games from the recent years that are supported by Linux?

>xD
Seriously, kids like you make fun of it but can't realize that they are extremely outistic idiots.

>Then quit your bitching.
What has that to do with bitching?
I am totally satisfied with the situation i face under Windows?
YOU are bitching about a retarded Linux OS you claim to be superior but in reality lacks support for any kind of professional use.
I told you that and you start bitching with cherrypicking on words, using the strawman, but utterly fail in coming up with arguments on the points i made.

>Feel free, doesn't make it so.
Try to use a Sonnet dock with a second display connected to it. Runs fine under OS X, runs fine under Windows, runs NOT under Linux. FACT!!!

>And i said, i have no problem needing to do it. So where is the problem?
my point is it's a thing you can entirely forget about on a linux system because drivers are built into kernel. also, updating software is as easy as typing
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
in terminal.
>Using Linux on a production system should be considered a criminal offense.
not really. linux is the most widespread system on both consumer grade electronics (android) and on servers (since unix is not as popular anymore).
>they have no time to wait like one year or more to get stable drivers.
do companies really invest in new render farms that often? it doesn't take that long for linux to implement drivers. consumer grade stuff might not get drivers as fast but enterprise grade hardware does because linux is backed by tech giants.
>Last i checked with a friend who runs some debian distro, he had a shit ton of trouble to get his card running
yeah, that could be true. you must carry out a bit of research before you build a system that will run linux so it runs without any problems.
>Then you maybe use software that you are in need of and that actually works
people tend to hate linux because they expect it to work the same way windows or mac does but it doesn't. before you use it try it in a virtual machine and see if all the stuff you need works on it. esoteric stuff usually doesn't but it doesn't mean there isn't a kind soul out there who has ported it. you can be super productive if you manage to get everything working.
>mostly .mkv files containing different video codecs and resolutions and ac-3 sound files.
depends on the player, i guess. mpv works fine both on linux and windows. not sure about mac. the problem with subtitles is not a problem with linux but with encoding. i've had this problem with russian subtitles. you have to use utf-8 encoding to fix this issue.

Yes it was trash

>It actually is, there you can read about the issues from others in case you don't believe me.
Yep, telling someone to look it up is the height of discussion.
>But it was you idiot who said Linux is superior, you could at least tell me why their support is shitty and why no usable software in terms of CAD exists.
That's just your baby duck syndrome.
>I talk about professional production software and the pethora of plug ins that are available. Linux compatible programs can't make use of these plugins.
So it just doesn't have what you're used to? I thought as much.
>I hear you blokes saying Linux all the time when you talk about your OS's
No, we say Linux when discussing Linux, which is a kernel.
>It's not a question on how many i need, it is a question about if it runs the games I want to play. And it clearly does not. So even there, linux is not usable.
Well that is just vague. I don't know what kind of toys you like.
>Then, name me some games from the recent years that are supported by Linux?
I don't know any games from recent years.
>I am totally satisfied with the situation i face under Windows?
I can't answer that, and it isn't a properly formatted question.
>Try to use a Sonnet dock with a second display connected to it. Runs fine under OS X, runs fine under Windows, runs NOT under Linux. FACT!!!
Show me.

>using fusion 360
grow up and use inventor or autocad

Attached: 1540340808940.jpg (314x353, 33K)

>yfw Jow Forums is both the place where everyone wants an i3wm desktop with 0 clutter and gaps and the place where everyone likes old ass garbage UI with tons of useless buttons and graphics

>walls of text about personal preference
Yoinks

i3wm desktop with 0 clutter and gaps for getting shit done
old ass garbage UI with tons of useless buttons and graphics (or whatever you prefer) for personal use

>What do you think cherrypicking is?
Cherrypicking is when people hang themselfes up on things that don't have to do with the main topic. such as in their view wrong used terms instead of discussing the issue.
You fucking idiot know well what i mean when i say Linux as an OS. And i won't start counting upp all the different distros each time i have to write Linux, just to get your bastarded ass to be satisfied.
And if i say Windows Kernel, it should be clear to anyone i mean NT.
As much clear as it is when i don't count Android amongst the typical desktop OS's.
What you are doing is intentionally attempting to mislead an entire discussion and to confuse it, because you otherwise would have no other points to make.
So retards like you decude to run on that instead of bringing arguments they don't have.
But you already knwe that.

>Don't use words you don't understand.
Cherrypicking again!!!!
Hey idiot, if i mean a desktop computer, what do you think i mean? I don't mean a server, nor do i mean an ARM based handheld device.

>I didn't realise popularity was a measure of quality.
I didn't say that, but if Linux was usable for most of the people, it would be more widespread.
Many people try out Linux distris and get back to Windows after just some days. there is a reason to it. They may vary from user to user.

>No I don't. Do you know what a DE is?
Here you are cherrypicking again!!!
As i said, i discuss typical desktop OS's not handeld OS's Also, there are no CAD and o ASIO software running on Android too.

>CAD software exists for GNU ...
Fucking idiot. Do you actually read my comments?
I already wrote about the INCOMPATIBILITY of these softwares created .dxf files that are unusable with the rest of the industries programs.
I can't send such files to business partners and other companies and require them to read the mess.

> ... and there are better alternatives to ASIO.
Here we are again!!!!
That are not supported in the industry.