Emacs = bloat

>Among other things, Emacs contains:
>- An original dialect of Lisp
>- A HTML renderer
>- An ANSI-conforming terminal emulator
>- Two parser generators
>- An implementation of Unix man for when Unix's man is unavailable, called "woman" for "without man"
>- A Plan 9-like shell, including a few basic unix utilities and a portable implementation of piping
>- A sort of document markup language for note keeping and time management, which has been used to write books
>- An input mode that converts TeX symbol identifiers to the corresponding Unicode as you type, with real-time preview and suggestions
>- Multiple(!) IRC clients
>- A somewhat clever text adventure game
>- A psychotherapist
>- Tetris
>At least one person reading this is going to think I'm making some of these up, or exaggerating them by not mentioning that they're third-party extensions or that they let external processes do the heavy lifting. I'm not.

Attached: 1538850692476.jpg (942x1278, 717K)

>emacs = bloat
What a stunning revelation. What's next OP, are you gonna tell us that windows spies on you? That Google Chrome is a botnet?

>contains:
>>- An original dialect of Lisp

Emacs IS a dialect of lisp. Emacs Lisp. All of those other things you wrote are programs written in elisp, tightly integrated into a package designed for programmers. Emacs is an extensible platform, not a single bloated application.

ass

ass

Is that Lauren Southern’s sister?

It's a victim of Photoshop.

I wish it were a victim of something else

Believe me, it will be.

On OpenBSD here. I use Mg instead. Lighter.

Emacs is basically an OS. Not a text editor. The fact it's in a lisp dialect offsets some of the bloat. The core is still in C and Emacs without any packages is still rather lightweight.

BBC

Attached: sniff_check.gif (350x193, 989K)

the photo has been photoshopped, noob

Emacs is an abomination of an editor and I can't believe people actually use it

I like it
What would you suggest I use for lisps or tcl?

That's not photoshopped, stop projecting, fucking libtards. That is Jess Southern, her brother (female) is indeed Lauren Southern, aka hot conservative leaf who is legally a man.

Her thighs. Wrapped. Around. My faaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Apha Betún

I'd like to give her some tummy bloat from my seed.

looked her up... jesus that face is terrible
she def needs surgery t here, too

It's not terrible, it's just a shape that works better with a little fat. Look at Lauren, she has a less fit body, but her face is better because of it. Jess is fit and has a perfect body, but her face doesn't have enough fat.
They're both delicious and would fuck until my dick went numb/10.

op here
lauren is an ugly whore, however the girl in my pic is a literal angel

>angel
You misspelled "a whore"

Whether you like it or not, this is the average female body and a beautiful face. This actually feels better on your penis than a fit girl.

Attached: LS.jpg (480x640, 77K)

ugly and too old (looking or de facto, or both)
install gentoo

>t. virgin

She's so cute

a whore that looks like an angel* obviously, I didn't think I had to state that explicitly

She's under 30 iirc.
>t. never touched a woman before

Here's another picture, see how different she looks here? It all depends on the picture. I could take a picture of myself where I look like a Jow Forumsfag, but I haven't been in a gym for 2 years.

Attached: LS.jpg (634x745, 162K)

>She's under 30 iirc.
lmao if she looks over 16 she's too old
also lauren is literally ugly, what are you smoking?

>emacs-21.4a.tar.gz
>17-Feb-2005 21:48
>19M
>Extracted: 80MB
>emacs-26.1.tar.xz
>28-May-2018 20:35
>42M
>Extracted: 235MB

>nano-3.2 .tar.xz
>1.5MB
>Extracted: 11.3 MB

she looks like she fucks black guys

Get necked, Shlomo.

>Being hebesexual/pedo
She is not ugly you faggot, she is optimal breeding material. Also, you gotta be realistic, women with bodies like Jess end up on some rich dude's dick. While beautiful, yet average women like Lauren are better wives and don't chase trust fund kids. Also, if you've ever had sex you'll know hitting bone just isn't pleasant, there has to be some cushioning.

Attached: LS.jpg (900x600, 96K)

butte

Attached: 1541522140904.jpg (640x845, 108K)

She burns coal while preteding to be traditionalist, she talks and talks about conservative values while not applying every single thing she says just to make money and followers.

emacs is a lisp environment.
we need a suckless emacs though.

>>- An implementation of Unix man for when Unix's man is unavailable, called "woman" for "without man"
Is Stallman our guy? making references on how usseleswoman are 20 years ago.

>no mention to orgmode
stop pretending that you use orgmode

You're making up some exaggerated third party extensions.

lauren is a hag
her sister a qt

>traverse a long word wrapped line
>emacs slows to a crawl
This is absolutely pathetic.

it's those high heels, I don't understand why would anyone want to wear that

Give me a better editor for haskell, coq, C, C++.
Nothing beats intero, nothing beats ProofGeneral, integrating static analysis tools into flycheck and company is a fucking breeze, try getting readable type info for C++ templates in autocomplete in your hipster webshit editor.

>hitting bone just isn't pleasant
A man of intellect, I see. Just bear in mind that seriously conversing on these boards gets hindered by the wide age gap of the visitors. You, I assume, are a man that is actively procreating, having a wife and kids, or having a steady girlfriend with future prospects. On the other end of the interwebz might lie a kid batting it to pron of some semi-alive skeletal actress or any other kind of sub-genre that people are fapping to these days. You don't reason the same, your realities are practically different.

With his level of autism, he cannot not be.

>suckless emacs
Funny way to say kakoune

>kakoune
when will vim shills finally accept emacs is superior
yi is at least easy to customize even for a troglodyte

if emacs is so great, why doesn't it have modal editing?

>The Haskell-Scriptable Editor
>Haskell

No thanks

Also kakoune has very little to do with vim

I don't care about that user. I just prefer looking at woman whom are in the category of women I have a chance with sexually.
I think you are right, user. Most of the site is underage nowadays and with every passing year the age of thinking you know shit is dropping.

I don't know if you were actually trying to sound intelligent or just trolling but nonetheless the outcome is the same.
>Cringe

$ du -h $(which cat)
36K /bin/cat

Sadly, I'm sitting at a box with GNU coreutils cat, so still bloat

lauren is average? hooly shit you kids have standards out of this world. lauren is good looking and most women do not meet her looks. average means not attractive not ugly.

I meant average body as in healthy/normal. I'm Dutch btw so sorry for some confusing word selection. What I was trying to say is that she's beautiful and has a normal body, not fat, but not athletic either.

lauren is average? hooly shit you kids have standards out of this world. lauren is good looking and most women do not meet her looks. average means not attractive not ugly.

oops double posted

ok i see what youre saying and you're right

>essentialy declarative configuration
>no thanks
yeah, i'm sure the c++ or vimscript mess is much better
>oh i want to integrate scan-build to my editor
>let me just write this 2kloc mess, spending about a week debugging it instead of being done with it in a cup of coffee
made by a vim nerd, for vim nerds
just like every other dead editor out there

Me at the right.

nano is fantastic.

That chick is so small my dick would literally break her and she wouldn't want to fuck me anymore.

Attached: cope.jpg (1200x1649, 331K)

Emacs doesn't contain those things, it comes packaged with those things.

>Among other things, Ubuntu contains (is packaged with):
>- a web browser
>- a terminal emulator
>- a package manager
>- a desktop environment
>- a video player
>- a music player
>- a file manager
>- a menu bar
>- a window manager
>- a retarded OP

White supremacists are like cartoon villains.

she made mistakes in her youth
she is alright now

Two of the biggest white supremacists in north America are Richard Spencer and Matthew Heimbach who both committed violent acts on their so-called comrades (including women!). They're all degenerates.

>>- Tetris
Oh shit, that's pretty cool. If only it showed a ghost.

>68624331
>emacs is superior
Only because it spell checks with aspell and has org mode. vim has better commands.

>Southern orbiter

>>- An original dialect of Lisp
>>- A HTML renderer

This is cool though. I want to make my own environment with my own programmable programming language and browser too. It makes me feel like a god creating an entire universe out of nothing.

Still less bloat than atom.

>go to sleep
>wake up
>this thread still alive
feels good man

Can I use your without knowing haskell

To the extent that you can use vim without knowing vimscript.

Emacs is an environment. Vim is a set of commands. Emacs has its own (IMO better and more extensible) integration of vim commands, evil-mode. Vim is great to type in, but trying to extend it is like trying to fit a tractor engine into a bicycle.

Org-mode is great. It's mostly great because it's:

>simple
>convertible to every format you can think of. Do I want to convert my notes into an indexed PDF? A webpage with my own custom theming? A presentation?
>able to fully integrate into emacs, and be called from every other part of the program, so you can use it for notes, reminders, time tracking, project management, etc

Yeah, i like 'em loose too.

>Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping
You're implying this is bad why?

What, just a stripped-down emacs? Really, shouldn't be that hard to do since everything is separated. Lots of the bloat is obvious. Not sure how hard it would be to remove, say, mayan calendar support, but I'm also not sure if it would even be worth it. It doesn't affect performance, and who really cares about that little difference in disk space?

What year are you in

This. Emacs, unlike other programs, like an IDE or vim, is mostly composed of packages.

Uh. I think vimscript is a little easier to pick up than Haskell. I actually LIKE Haskell, but I'd never say it's easy to use without knowing some of it.

she is not ideal woman

but this one is

Attached: jenna.jpg (792x990, 474K)

Haskell can be as easy as you want. Nobody's forcing you to use the autismo modules every time you touch haskell.
A plugin for yi will be concise and readable by a child. A plugin for vim is a disgusting fragile abomination.
Configuration in either is declarative (mostly) so you don't really need to know any haskell or vimscript beyond the basic syntax, which can be inferred with minimal effort just from the default config anyway.

Not only emacs has all that, it still lacks a good text editor like vim.

/thread

Fucking based pede

>emacs: requires 330 MB
>visual studio: requires 5GB

lol no. She's DEFENDING her past of getting miles of nigger dicks.

emacs is THE gnu os

emacs+vim is a better vim than neovim or gvim or whatever.

>youth
>2017

emacs+evil I meant

>emacs = bloat
Just like almost every "GNU" program.
Especially the ones actually written by GNU team.
Just look at bash, the slowest shell.

emacs is suckless, see the passage in the art of unix programming. it’s a suitable abstraction over unix and is vertically very lean

>I just prefer looking at woman whom are in the category of women I have a chance with sexually.
Which is the actual source of your opinion which you've psychologically crafted to protect your ego, understandable but just like the "if I played the tumbler selfie angle game, I could pretend I'm not old and fat" comment its completely bullshit.

>I can't believe people actually use it
It is not belief that is the issue here, it is understanding. You don't understand why people use emacs because you don't understand emacs itself. I'd debate the different merits of emacs with you, but suffice to say that all of emacs (the whole lot of it) is accessible through the same language and interface that makes it up to you the user/developer through various easy to use mechanisms (one of which happens to be a REPL), you can add/shave parts to/from it and redefine its very behavior. You are allowed any and all things. Emacs is a lisp environment with advanced text editing capabilities. A lot of people can't fathom what that last part means nor appreciate it, you'd have to had redefined a lisp's cons/define/set at some point in your career to even have the faintest idea what the architecture of emacs even implies.
Pick up a lisp book, educate yourself some, come back when you're a bit less of a green horn. Right now, your ignorance is radiating.

Why are you triggered by my taste in women?
I don't care about her political career, or lack thereof. I just find her attractive.