Imagine being Intel

Imagine being Intel.

Attached: Screenshot_20181116_221324.png (1387x1107, 83K)

DELID THIS NOW SIR PLS!

That's actually an insane performance loss, what the fuck.

You get what you pay for.

Only reason Intel is ahead in any metric is all the cut corners making their CPUs lighter.

Spectre 2 patches are painful

but intelbois pay more

>Imagine being dead.
Peaceful.

They pay to suffer

You pay for peace of mind knowing you're getting skullfucked by Intel and not anyone else.

Are there any MPI benchmarks? It uses TCP sockets as transport so should be impacted even more I think.

*yawn*
I'll be back later when you post a benchmark where any ryzen beats my 8700k in gaming.

retard

They are discussing disabling this security patch by default in the linux kernel because the overhead is so huge

>the linux kernel
This doesn't make any sense. Would you call Linus Torvalds "the Linus Torvalds human"?

Games are for children.

There is more then one kernel, so being explicit about which you are using is beneficial, yes.

More than one kernel for what? For GNU/Linux there is just Linux, hence the name.

They're discussing about ways to disable it for specific applications, and there's a better patch (less performance regression) on review process.

>While Linus Torvalds a few days ago criticized the current STIBP approach, he stopped short of calling for it to be reverted right away.

The patch is just crap, a new one is being reviewed, it seems that is what happens when Torvalds gets a break.

if people referred to linux as a kernel instead of operating system then you'd be right. at least here people don't.

muh gay men

But Linux is a kernel. Nothing more.

correct but people still refer to any linux distro as simply linux.

They are wrong to do that and should be dismissed.

Also affects them gaymening but i do not know when microsoft will update windows for this.