Any OLED owners here?

Any OLED owners here?

Was interested in one after being blown away by the image quality in person but I'm concerned about their longevity. Are the "ruined after 6 months" memes real?

Attached: Desktop_01.jpg (940x620, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've boughtlg oled6b a year ago. I don't have any issues playing vidya and watching vids off of youtube. I probably clock in an average of 6-10 hours a week on it. The only incident I ran into was that I fell asleep watching some gdq shit and was playing for 2 hours. The overlay burn into my screen where I freaked out cause it was wouldn't go away. Lg has this reset pixel function or something that fixed the issue and the TV is like it was when I bought it. I don't think I could even go back to a led TV anymore but it sure ain't perfect.

Got a 2017 LG OLED, I abuse it with static huds with video games and even light UI use since I use my PC with it via hdmi. No issues with burn in for me.

It's less about burn in and more Jow Forums's claims of panel degradation over time with the image becoming more dull over time either through usage or components literally decaying.

Nothing like that, still so bright when a HDR movie goes all white it hurts my eyes.

Got a dash cam which burned in quickly.

rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

6 months is a meme, but no 2 panels are alike. Some will start showing issues in 1 year, some will go for 6 years with a single imperfection.
My father bought a Samsung oled TV last year, and it already has some magenta stains on it.

Anyone with a 2018 LG OLED willing to share how well their set handles motion in 24p content?

Depends on what you use em for.
Static elements from games will kill them quickly if you play vidya for 10 hours every day.
If you watch movies you should be perfectly fine.

What is even the point of OLED? Can't use it for games because of burn in, can't use it for movies because of judder.

I got one 2 years ago. Works fine and no issues with the screen.

Sony KD-55AF8 or the LG OLED55C8?

AF8

I don't know what you mean by motion but it reverse the 3:2 pulldown when playing 24hz content using a 60hz input.

What they said about static content is very true. My phone has the home button bar completely burned in. Would probably be terrible for a desktop as any taskbar, icons, or widgets would do the same.

I remember my old plasma also had this issue because I played MGS2 on it all the time and the Life bar and other ui got burned in.

for what purpose? if you watch actual tv programing or play games then forget it, you will get burn it, if its only gonna be for movies then go for it

OLED 13R3 laptop here. It's glorious.

Use OLED like I do on pic related and you'll have no issues. You don't need taskbar when you browse, and you browse like 80% of the time.
Plugin is "Dark Background and Light Text". I also hid scrollbars through userChrome.css.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-23 12-18-26.png (3840x2160, 296K)

I was going to but Sony's A9F OLED until I looked into "burn-in". I'm now convinced OLED is too sensitive for use. I will buy a 4K HDR Sony LED instead and save a lot of money as a result.