What went wrong? Why is it so dead?

What went wrong? Why is it so dead?

Attached: 1539489387469.png (1200x725, 74K)

People still buy drugs on it

It's dead because some people said it was backdoored by the CIA when it's probs not as they have no incentive to backdoor it as they use it. There are still some good sites there

(((they))) took down a lot of the sites that were worth it, now you can't trust the ones that are still up as they might be honeypots.

Slow, unappealing to even many privacy minded folk. Constantly used in conjunction with illegal activity. Also people believe that because it's made by the government, it probably has a secret back door. Also, you're more likely to be fingerprinted with this browser (by my theory) because it's used by very few people.

I use it to buy speed, works just fine

If it really had a backdoor we would know already.
Thousands would be sent to jail years ago as people claimed years ago that it was a honeypot.

FUD

it's not very secure. anyone who's hosting the exit node can see exactly what you're doing.

yes but he doesn't know your identity, unless you go full idiot

they are upgrading it so wont have to exit

your identity can still be deduced from whatever operations you're performing.
for example if you order cocaine to 420 Baker Lane then he's probably gonna figure that's where you live.
wym?

thats all its good for. the nsa owns all the nodes so youre better off sticking with rsa hash

>if you order cocaine to 420 Baker Lane then he's probably gonna figure that's where you live.

that's why nowadays every darknet market has a built in tool for PGP encryption.
so only your merchant can read the message.
again, you have to go full idiot with this level of development in darknet markets.

damn, they even have escrow

what if i order cocaine on false adress ?
check mate :^)

Zeronet is the future

>NSA owns all the nodes
Proofs?

>your identity can still be deduced from whatever operations you're performing.
Maybe.

I'm not familiar with Tor's inner workings, but there are ways to compartmentalize data such that multiple nodes are required to assimilate information. I don't see why Tor couldn't implement something like that.

For example, information could be gleaned about the size of a request. If the request is 165kb, that could indicate what the request may be. Obviously you aren't downloading a video file.

Information like this can be obfuscated if Tor were to make each request appear to be the same size. There's the user's request, and then buffer data, so each request is the same size

idk im just freestyling right now

Drops need to have a truly secure address and should only be used once unless you enjoy being caught by cameras

That's more likely to get you caught than ordering to your real address.

>I'm not familiar with Tor's inner workings, but there are ways to compartmentalize data such that multiple nodes are required to assimilate information. I don't see why Tor couldn't implement something like that.
Shit your mouth if you aren't informed, idiot

why do you need proof? the FBI literally has nothing to lose from hosting nodes to track down drug dealers.

it's really quite mediocre, and has nothing to do with tor

Can I get a quick rundown why I should trust something openly funded by the US government?

>why do you need proof? the FBI literally has nothing to lose from hosting nodes to track down drug dealers.
you have to use unencrypted clearnet sites for exit nodes to be able to sniff your traffic.

Most of its users got arrested.

>Constantly used in conjunction with illegal activity. Also people believe that because it's made by the government, it probably has a secret back door.
Made by government for illegal activity?

yes but the exit node always has the unencrypted version of your data.

wut, who sells cocaine over clearnet?

If you didn't read the docs, where it clearly warns you that you should ensure that your choice of encryption protocols suits your usage model, you shouldn't be using it.

I am still in two minds whether triforce is a honeypot. They have been up too long and change domains whenever they get blocked.

>using Tor without using TLS
nobody does this, and if they do, they deserve to be spied on.

>imagine having the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

>yes but the exit node always has the unencrypted version of your data.
no it doesn't you moron