Google is tracking you. Even when you're in Airplane Mode

youtube.com/watch?v=S0G6mUyIgyg

3 minute video

Attached: d.png (795x427, 470K)

What did they use? Just a proxy and self-signed SSL cert?

Google are a bunch of no good pieces of shit, fuck off jewgle you greedy kike fucks.

embrace the botnet. i have

Hurr I don't know what airplane mode actually does

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (541x800, 58K)

Airpalne mode isn't the same as disabling GPS.

OP has never used Android.

Attached: images.jpg (297x170, 5K)

>he doesn't know the GPS toggle is a placebo
epic

I wonder if these also had a google account associated with them? without a google account, would it still upload for the shadow profile they have on you?

Note that G has record on their end of what app you open at what time on your phone. They literally track everything you're doing.

>t. blackberry user

So how do we disable this? I assume it's impossible on a rootless phone but I guess with root it could be done using iptables? It would be a pain in the ass to disable it every time I wanna use gmail or the play store though, and it would upload all the info then anyways.
Maybe we can just disable the spyware services?

Maybe using the open source version of google play services?

>phone in airplane mode
>time on phone is 9:11

thinking.png

Attached: hummm.jpg (194x200, 11K)

>Remove NIC from your phone
>Hidden backup NIC is there just for that purpose
Where does it end?

Easy solution.
Best thing to do is custom ROM with no gapps, but seeing as that's really difficult for most people the next best thing is a custom ROM with micro g

Make a small faraday cage for your phone such that when you press a switch is connected to it and lets current pass. This way only transmits when you want it

Nah, that's gonna have shitty drivers if there's one available at all for any give device. Plus poojeet spyware.

I'm almost certain there's some botnet baked into plain AOSP as well - just like Chromium still reports some things to Google.

>I'm almost certain
That's not proof of anything.

Make your own home proxy and connect your phone through it, block any google or suspicious connection

The video clearly wasn't detailed enough.

It's not meant to be. I'm just saying anything from Google should be treated with caution because they are known to stuff botnet everywhere.

kek

Is this about Android (aosp) or google play services? If you have play services installed then no fucking shit it's tracking literally everything literally always. It's google's fucking dedicated keylogger/spyware and that's not a secret in any way. But if this is baked into android and happens even without gapps then that's a different matter altogether

Can't do that on a mobile connection which defeats the point of a smartphone

underrated quality post

>3 minute video
Is actually a 3 minutes 50 second video

Fuck Google, but GPS is passive, this isn't really a surprise. If you are paranoid enough that you don't want your location to be tracked, don't bring your smartphone with you.

>he doesn't watch videos at 1.5x2.0x speed thus reducing time

Open your ports, numbnuts.

What the fuck are you talking about? The moment you enable mobile networking it'll phone home the data directly through the internet no matter what proxy settings you have, if phones even have proxy settings nowadays.

No, it likely just saves your offline data in a cache and then sends it when you reconnect.

WOW!

Telemetry data is generally encrypted.

Yeah I'm not sure that matters, mate

So it won't honor your settings on mobile, but it will on wifi. For some reason.

It matters because it's what the post you replied to was talking about, retard. A self signed certificate is useful in certain cases for being able to analyze the encrypted data.

do you wanna fucking kiss or not faggot

It doesn't have to honor anything if you do it through your own wifi. By physically connecting the wifi access point to the internet through the proxy you are effectively blocking any direct access to the internet whatsoever.

Go back to plebbit, newfag.

it's cute that you think it matters when using an android phone

>I'm a retarded plebbitor but it's ok because I'm also an iToddler
That's not how it works.

i use an android also, retard

I've been in airplane mode for 8 months so far but use wifi. Service is a meme, every fucking store has WiFi

For the MITM? Probably.
This is what you can do with all of the sensors in a phone and a little bit of machine learning.
Just dump all that accelerometer, gyroscopic, barometric data, and dump it into a machine learning algorithm. That's all you need to tell if someone is walking or driving or getting out of the car.
If you leave airplane mode off you might even be able to get your exact location using SSID names, router mac addresses, and signal strength.

I am called a weirdo when I say I don't want a mobile phone.

Color me surprised that a company whose only profitable division exists to sell user data to advertisers would do everything in its power to harvest user data.

Google still tracks you

>not downgrading to dumb flipflop phone

“Smartphones” are literally the perfect spying device.

this is why I only buy Chinese phones, I don't care if Xi has my data but Google better not