I'm struggling to find current manufacturers of 4:3 crt monitors. When did these suddenly stop existig and why...

I'm struggling to find current manufacturers of 4:3 crt monitors. When did these suddenly stop existig and why? Also what's the shelf life on them?

Attached: Screenshot_20181123-150151_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 655K)

>When did these suddenly stop existig
Around 2011.
>and why?
Normatives for "hazardous materials" designed to drive products with long lifespans out of manufacturing.
>what's the shelf life on them?
Depends. My IBM 5153 from 1983 works like the day it was made, but I've had chink monitors from the late 90s just die on me.

>and why
Logistic nightmare with no demand.

Expensive to manufacture and expensive to ship and mostly erased as acceptable from the public's perception.

There are no CRT monitor manufacturers in any factory industry.
Best thing you can do is buy a broken one of E-bay or Craigslist and learn how to repair it yourself.
They're so rare now you could probably make a living just repairing and selling them.

>Also what's the shelf life on them?
That's pretty much a lottery. The flyback transformer is the most failure-prone component, it's like a little slot machine inside your monitor, and each time you turn it on is like pulling the lever - will the transformer give, or give out.

But they were everywhere before. What happened to the crt technicians who made a living fixing them.

People stopped buying them because they are obnoxious to move. That's literally it. Flat panels are light weight. Crts are heavy and awkward especially the bigger ones.

Ever carry a 40inch crt TV before? By yourself? Up two flights of stairs? If so then you love flat panels and will praise thier invention until the day you fucking die.

LCDs generate more profit.

You move them literally once. It's like saying people don't buy wardrobes anymore because you can just buy a lightweight canvas one.

actual decent ones stopped production in 2007 some cheap TVs where still made for afue years but even they stopped.

the last good ones you could get where like 2005 models I think that they kept making for 3-4years.

the best ones thou where released in like 1998-2002 I think when the trinitron patent expired and Mitsubishi started making ones just as good as the sonys. as Diamondtrons.

not really considering you can get a 120hz crt for 0-10$ compared to a 144hz LCD that's like 200$+

sure the crt will cost like 25$ more to run a year on power but both the LCD and CRT will die before the LCD catches up.

people never move their monitors dumb LCD people just like hating on CRT beacuse they dont want to admit taking up more space on your desk for supiror image qaulity and no need for gsync or freesync beacuse CRT track image perfectly and dont rip the image up in movment of frames

well the LCD wont die in 8 years but in 8 years time you will not be using same LCD so that argument doesn't make sense. you will be using some 500hz shit that you spent 1000$ on.

not to mention HDR costs like 10% gpu performance while CRT have inbuilt HDR that doesn't put any load on GPU and is superior

You're right. It's fucking retarded. For a laptop or a phone, LCDs are best, but if it's gonna be on my desk and not moving I want 100% monitor quality.

the same what fax machine technicians did, when they became obsolete: moved on.

They're very intricate machines that require very specialized equipment and there is very little market for them. They have a nice image, but they're heavy, bulky, and hard to scale up. The only real demand for them are retro gamers and even they have pretty good options in the real-time upscaler world if they aren't obsessive purists.

>emits 18khz tone

Move them just once...bitch kiss my ass. As if you stay in one fucking place your entire life. The rest of us change apartments and rent or buy houses.

I'm thrilled your Boomer ass hasn't moved in the past two decades but for the rest of us flat panels are a god send. Also they take up less space so bonus.

The weight meme comes from manufacturer and transportation costs. Consumers also demanded bigger screens above all else. Combine those and the reason it was phased out becomes obvious.

Meme my ass! You bastards have apparently never had to move these awkward ass behemoth monitor and TVs. It's not even the weight if in being honest it's the big ass awkward dimensions.

Don't get me wrong I loved all my big ass crt TV's and monitors, but yeah lightweight flat panels are a pure fucking gift from heaven. Fuck screen quality it's good enough...you jackoffs who pine for the days of heavy awkward inconvenience and space occupying shit can go circle jerk with the audiophiles and thier ridiculous nonsense. Everyone else is long since over trying to wrestle those fucking monsters up staircases.

Outside of a home build arcade machine the only people who should miss CRT TV's are chiropractors!

Rare? i worked at a recycling center and i got at least 5working each day.

I mean working CRTs.
obviously broken CRTs exist in abundance, but there are no factories that currently operate on CRTs or produce them.

No i got at least 5 of them in working condition a day. Even one flat crt that was fucking huge.

People throw them away because they need to consume. CONSUUME

bullshit, crts don't have anywhere close to the max brightness (or contrast ratio) needed for HDR

Goddamn I miss the comfy days of gaming in front of a crt in my mom's basement

Why? LCD good "good enough" for most people.
Shelf life is however long you personally maintain them. Everything can be fixed.

Just buy a used high end one. It’ll blow out the few current offerings from Pajeet and Chang companies by a country mile.

>hearing 18khz
underage detected

lol you stupid fuck yes they do and yes do literally all DLP projectors.

do you even know how a fucking CRT works. its brightness range is wider than even the best HDR tv you stupid fuck.

HDR isn't "new technology" its just a attempt to fix LCD flaws via a stupid method of putting a led light behind each 200x200 pixels in a grid which looks stupid as fuck in practice.

the people that say CRT are rare are dumb americans

the arcade cucks in America have been buying them all up for like 15years so they are hard to find. in rest of the world they are easy to find.

>afue years

Why would anyone even want a CRT nowadays? Huge, heavy, more power consuming, can be destroyed with a magnet. They also had some radiation but I belive it couldn't be too harmful. Well maybe for your eyes.

The only thing that CRT monitors might be better than flat ones is lower input lag. But I am not even sure about that anymore. Nobody would want to keep making them if you have flat monitors nowadays.

better color and low black levels for a good price

top keke

Why do flybacks work like that? Is there a voltage spike when you turn it on?

>a CRT can magically turn 8-bit shit into HDR
This is what the average CRTfag believes.