More than 4 years have passed since its release and we still don't have a better air-cooler on the market

More than 4 years have passed since its release and we still don't have a better air-cooler on the market.
Is this peak cooling performance (on air) with current science ?

Attached: nh-d15-top-large.jpg (2000x1723, 248K)

problem is that consumergrade chips tend to become more efficient and lowering the tdp.

why should they use money to develop a new peak performance cooler when there is nothing to cool with.

afterall delidding and using kryonaut has still the most impact

perfection

>problem is that consumergrade chips tend to become more efficient and lowering the tdp.
Someone should tell that to Intel.

8c Inturds can't be cooled with the NH-15.

Attached: amd unboxed.png (1261x709, 484K)

It's fine. Just delid, delap and apply a chiller

Don't mind me...

Attached: LE i saved 20€.png (1000x850, 225K)

I looked for le grand macho everywhere, non USA resident. The only seller I found at the time was an ebay german one who never replied if he'd ship to my country. Had to settle for the nh-d15, not begrudgingly, but it was my second choice.

besides, even I were residing in the us, it was still kinda hard. Outside ebay, the usual big retailers also didn't have them. Don't know what's the availability right now, but it's still probably quite harder to get than the noctuas.

The shit you Intel fans put up with...

I bought it from alternate, had to wait like 3 weeks but it was worth it.
I'm actually surprised at 39dBA reading.

In AVX workloads at 5GHz. It'd be fine for gay men even at 5GHz, and that's the only reason to own a mainstream Incel CPU.

>he doesn't invalidate his warranty to stop his cpu starting a housefire
Are you poor or something?

Don't mind me

Attached: 1526388811766.jpg (700x1316, 451K)

thous tests are retarded and done wrong a hyper 212 evo doesn't cool 15% worse than a NH-d15/c14
its way more diference than that.

still better than aio water cooling

Do you slam your CPU in that?

I was asking the other day do these crazy small sever coolers with loud as fuck delta fans cool better than nh-d15 I don't know where to buy them but they look more high tech like with fins closed off on edges and finer fins and the fans obviously like 50db but that's not much louder than these big as fuck coolers.

they put these coolers on like 28core xenons and shit they obviously hotter than 9900k trash I have a feeling these big 'quite" coolers are a "gamer meme" and don't make sense any more because you have to run the fans as loud as a delta at 100% on them to work.

Attached: 1542806768382.jpg (2027x1524, 562K)

Yeah they test with an open bench.

Attached: this kills the aio.jpg (765x761, 111K)

Probably these fans can levitate the Mobo if it's not screwed on the ground.

Order it from alternate if you really want it, they will eventually ship it.

Attached: eu.png (290x281, 14K)

no the open bench wouldn't fuck it up you idiot. their test is just shit and wrong.

frosty tech has hyper 212 having like 23delta above base line and dh-15 only 13delta above base line and that's on a theoretical controlled 200 or 300tdp load or some thing.

on less hot cpus the dif is even bigger. a nh-d15 cools like at 60deg max load while the hyper is like 80deg how the fuck is that 14% difference

>they put these coolers on like 28core xenons and shit they obviously hotter than 9900k trash
I'm pretty sure those Xeons only have double the TDP of 9900k, and they actually stick to it. An overclocked 9900k probably needs a better cooler.

another thing with server chassis is the airflow is super optimized, front to back (or back to front sometimes) so a lot of servers have NO fans on the cpu heatsink, using loud as fuck delta 100 dB screamers pushing/pulling air thru the entire chassis (heatsink included)
Pic related the heatsink on my xeons

Attached: snk-p0043p[1].jpg (600x450, 35K)

I wish they did AM4 version

Attached: orochi.jpg (1024x786, 330K)

I think its supposed to be an average between all tests.
Open bench is an entirely different environment compared to any sort of enclosure you fucking sperg faggot lmao

Amazon seems to have it, I mean. Even one PC component store in Finland has it. It has probably become easier to find.

no delta fan is 100db idiot the loudest are like 50db on max speed even the server ones that are hard to buy the reason the room is noisy is air-condition and there is 2000 of these 50db fans in a open room not that the particular fan is noisy.

if you only use one in your PC that's only 6db louder than using a noctua fan on D-15

im fairly sure these coolers are better and smaller its just cheaper to sell stupid gamers massive 800gram coolers with cheap shit low rpm "silent optimized" fans that still run at 43db than a small cooler with a fan with a expensive motor in it that can run at 4000rpm at 50db.

the reason we have these big coolers are they are cheaper not that they are more silent or better. selling aluminium sheets is cheaper than some expensive delta fan motor.

d-15 isn't 4years old idiot its based on the d-14 that came out in like a decade and a half ago or more.

This is probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard.
If it fails under ACTUAL WORK then its a piece of trash. Even being that hot at stock is ridiculous.

>the loudest are like 50db
Congrats youve never worked in a NOC

If you're doing ACTUAL WORK then you wouldn't be doing it on a 9900K, dumbass. Don't even pretend you're not a piece of gaymer trash if this CPU interests you.

read the fucking item spec sheet you stupid fuck the thickest fastest loudest fans delta make are 50db the reason the room is so noisy is there is 10,000 of metal frames vibrating and 4000 50db fans.

learn how sound works you stupid caged worker it multiples off its self

>cracks your cpu

>the loudest are like 50db on max speed
ok

Attached: FireShot Capture 1 - GFM0812DUB7S Delta Electronics I Fans,_ - https___www.digikey.com_product-det.p (3441x3687, 1006K)

Congrats youve never worked in a NOC

>durr durr durr only the cpus I SAY are for work!

I have a Noctua NH-D14 on a 3570k and I'm planning on keeping it when I'll finally upgrade next year possibly.

h-he's big

Attached: 1518901097913.jpg (372x268, 6K)