/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __nishikino_maki_and_yazawa_nico_love_live_school_idol_project_and_etc_drawn_by_14_vision5032__b2467 (935x652, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-DT-150-250-GREY-Monitoring-Headphone-Environments/dp/B000LDPP1K
amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-Headphone-professional-recording-monitoring/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542997256&sr=1-1&keywords=dt770&th=1
amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-Headphone-frequencies-differentiated-monitoring/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542997256&sr=1-2&keywords=dt770
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/
head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews
coolermaster.com/peripheral/audio/mh751/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax being audiophool meme confirmed

>average stax shill

Attached: 1542993432308[1].jpg (640x1138, 132K)

Guess I'll repost this since otherwise it will be stax shitposts:

I'm using Audio Tech M50X and they're good, but I've heard they're not so good from a soundstage perspective. I'm looking for something that is really good in that regard. My budget is $500 and I'm not concerned about other people hearing my music because I listen at a relatively low volume.

SEETHING

Attached: images (1).jpg (179x282, 7K)

Triggered Stax incels incoming

havent seen anyone this angry in awhile

Is opting for the custom one pro a sound choice coming from an old ath m50?

>paying $33 for a paper so you can feel reconfirmed in your brand hate

I want them to sit on my face!

what is that

you'd be angry too if you were an incel who couldn't afford headphones

guys pls help
retard here. Currently have an old pair of ATH-M50s that I love, but I want a second pair of headphones that are similar in comfort and quality. Should I buy the ATH-M50x? Or get something better?

>Budget
$200 - $250 CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Audioengine 24bit DAC
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Equal or superior comfort to my ATH-M50s
>Sound signature
neutral, or whatever the M50 has
>Past headphones
ATH-M50

Attached: 1534473137872.jpg (660x715, 50K)

Stax incels can't believe they got memed so hard, that's why they are so angry

Why not HD 569? They're much more similar sound-wise to M50 than custom one pro (I think so at least)

it's not even me which makes it funnier

Attached: 2d2753613e2ef4897c2bd51be0f8ad30.jpg (1712x1281, 1.75M)

keep trying bud

Attached: 1445385171078.jpg (179x170, 10K)

Looking at ATH-A990z on Massdrop
Is $150 for these any good? I'm interested in closed sound and bassy stuff. I saw HD6XX for $200 on there, but they're open and I'm kind of iffy about that

how many heads do you have

two but i don't use either

Where were you when nostax incels had a meltdown?

Attached: 1515092054383.png (861x758, 26K)

is this whole shit show just you replying to yourself and spamming frogs?
sure looks like it

Beyerdynamic DT250 is as close as it gets to neutral in that price range.

hpg never failing to be /comfy/

Attached: 1526385764385.jpg (719x474, 63K)

what are some headphones I should get for music production? I currently use the crossfade wireless 2 and I think the balance might be off but I just can't tell, so I'm looking for something of similar quality and not any more expensive.

Pointiest nose I've ever seen.

The nostaxers samefag constantly but I wouldn't resort to that.

Attached: cg9.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

See for neutral or DT770 for V-shapped.

Dx3 Pro vs Mayflower ARC?

I want mic input and feel like it would be annoying to put them in seperately.

Although the bluetooth+LCD screen do seem nice.

Idol trash here. Remember shizue edition.
What's your setup like, user?
Excellent OP.

Attached: 1511875004383.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

Anything a bit cheaper?
amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-DT-150-250-GREY-Monitoring-Headphone-Environments/dp/B000LDPP1K
Id prefer if the headphones were $250 or under after taxes.

A new meme was born in this thread:

Stax incel - An audiophool who got memed into buying expensive electrostatic headphones which actually sound worse than a cheap mid-fi dynamics. Being a victim of buyers Stockholm syndrome Stax incel tries to defend his choice as hard as he can, but he always fails because you can't argue with facts. Stax incel is a part of "Most Valuable Goy" meme.

Attached: 15211924430950.jpg (658x768, 61K)

Looking back through the last two threads it looks like it's false flagging, especially this It's not even the original argument that made stax fags go nuclear for like 4 days now as it makes no mention of DSP.

Attached: IMG_20181014_195436-01.jpg (1920x1440, 1.26M)

Also good OP
toes now.

Just watch the anime.
Slime-user was right, it's pretty good.

Attached: 1520953679938.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>false flagging
That would be funny if it were true.

Attached: Screenshot_20181123-101234~2.png (626x721, 78K)

>about to bite on some headphones
>non-removable cable
Oh my fucking god, why is it so hard to look for headphones

I'm not saying it's you false flagging. I'm saying it's someone spamming a half assed strawman.

>Slime-user was right, it's pretty good.
I don't mean her toes user. I mean your toes.

It's a shit argument alright but I'm sure he unironically believes it.

3DPD.

Stax incels on suicide watch

That link is actually for the DT150, i was talking about the DT250, buts i just checked and it's even more expensive. Maybe the DT770, it's V-shapped, but fairly balanced and more comfortable than the M50. An alternative is getting the Custom One Pro which has detachable cable and bass ports and later getting DT770 pads for it, which makes the sound very similar.

Shure SRH840

Attached: 81WsW5a42TL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1182, 112K)

I'm actually considering modding in a removable cable if I do end up buying DT880

The issue is that it's not the argument that started this at all. The original post I made was simply shilling the harman DSP settings because they sound so good. That is saying stock vs stock the AKG is better and linking a paywalled study which is just ridiculous.
and I'm getting all the blame for shitting up the threads when I haven't made more than 2 posts since the original a few nights ago.
Pure distilled fidelity.

Attached: 12ebb21eb9a602fac6fccd7195d2a689.jpg (1258x777, 582K)

Ok, whats the difference between the 80ohm and 250hm DT770s?
amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-Headphone-professional-recording-monitoring/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542997256&sr=1-1&keywords=dt770&th=1

amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-Headphone-frequencies-differentiated-monitoring/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542997256&sr=1-2&keywords=dt770

Hello hello, Germany reporting in.
amazon currently has the Audio-Technica ATH-AR3BTBK for its(till now around here) cheapest price of 70€. Yes, I know,
>wireless
are bad etc. I have been using the m50s on my PC for several years now and I still like them, but I'd like something wireless for everything that isn't my PC.

Are they fine in that price range compared to others or should I rather not and just grab some chinkshit from below 50€?

nostaxers incels are actually based anons who try to bring the prices at sane lavels shilling shit dynamics to normies that dont deserve stax and only want one becouse they see based people use them. change my mind.

Difficulty to drive. Many people claim the higher impedance beyermodels sound the best. It also seems that at the very least they definitely sound different because each version of each DT headphone seems to measure differently( diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/ )
It seems that the 600ohm DT880 and 990 and the 250ohm 770 are the best version but you'll need an amp for the 250ohm. You want something that can ideally do 25mw@250ohm or better.
Don't forget to get some single ply toilet paper to stuff into your new headphones.

Attached: IMG_20170923_143825_HDR.jpg (1280x960, 298K)

head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews

>t. triggered stax incel

You're obviously not the only person who's an incel, calling out nostaxer incels obviously made him go ballistic so there you go.

meant for

SHUT THE FUCK UP

YOU ARE ALL INCELS FOR GIVING THIS MUCH OF A SHIT ABOUT FUCKING HEADPHONES

This dumb the whole point was that these EQs are very good not that stax is very bad.

>spergs out about anons sperging out
do you not see the irony here?

I AM VERY MUCH AWARE

THANK YOU

All headphones were equalized to match one target, this study was about distortion, not about frequency response. Stax shitphones just sound bad, no matter what their frequency response is.

so you're not just a retard but a self aware retard

i'm not an incel, idol trash is my trap gf

Attached: 1500726792912.jpg (480x640, 155K)

CORRECT

If you haven't figured it out yet we cant see the fucking study

Attached: 1494455386993.jpg (1967x1533, 505K)

I've seen it before and he's misinterpreting it to fuel his retarded angry shitposts. Yikes.

Stax poorfags are very angry they lost all their money buying snake oil

are you okay retard?

Attached: qas33kqguo601.jpg (634x767, 52K)

>Budget
$100-$200
>Location
US
>Source

>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
dont care
>Sound signature
bassy-warm
>Past headphones

Any good deals

NO

Stax 009

Do you have access to it? Can you post it?
I've seen screenshots of preference ratings showing that people prefer harman target to diffuse field(I believe this was the whole point of the study) and that both were preferred to stock LCD2 or HD800.
I don't know if it's the same study but they simulated a headphone by EQing another to it's exact FR and it had the same preference rating.
Also don't know testing methodology just that they used "trained and untrained" listeners.

Attached: 1503253388500.jpg (3065x2183, 847K)

reminder that if hitler-kun won the war we wouldn't be discussing which headphones are incelphones

Attached: 1460306892482.jpg (464x404, 106K)

Anyone else have to lie to their wives about how much this shit costs?

My cats have no concept of money, and sometimes neither do I.

No I don't someone else posted it. The bit he's talking about is within the margin of error and that wasn't what the study was investigating in the first place. All in all very retarded, I've explained this to his autistic incel ass before but he doesn't care about the truth since his entire goal is to rationalize being a poorfag incel.

No I legitimately haven't spoken to a woman in 8 years.
Headphones aren't even that expensive compared to shit normies do like $5000 jackets and motorcycles and shit. Unless you buy that one system that costs more than a good used car or go full acoustic and buy $10k dac and amp.

Women spend as much on getting a 30th handbag or some shit.

>$5000 jackets
nobody does this, brainlet

The one guy with the ugly ass shoes might. You know the one.

This. Normies go out spending 200 bucks on a jacket or a pair of sneakers because of a limited color combination, and then consider you retarded for spending 500 bucks on a pair of headphones you're gonna cherish and enjoy for years, if not decades to come.

jesus learn how to wear the pants in the relationship. not even one day since 4channel has been up and we are already getting reddit tier posts

I just can't help but feel somewhat irresponsible. I could get a similar experience for less.

But I love it.

You will understand once you are married.

Attached: surpeme.png (944x466, 126K)

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus.

Not married, have a gf though, never had a problem with that.

No, I'm the objectively poorfag volcel(not a virgin sadly so fakecel). That is someone not exactly going out of their way to point out that they're not me.
What do you mean similar for less though? If you follow the general suggestions in this thread you would be what most headphone nerds consider a poorfag objectivist. Even going up to STAX or HD800 if you're running it off of a reasonably priced amp and non snake oil dac or the stock energizer then you're still getting nearly an ideal value proposition.
It's shit like cucktopia and $10k tube amps that is obscene.

To be clear, I can definitely afford it and there is no issue. I just feel bad spending money.

Well I never really had a big problem with my cheaper headphones. These are just better.

Help me headphone gurus
>50$ - 100$
>EUA (a friend will buy)
>Musics > PodCast > Gaming
>Full-Sized
>Preference for closed
>Flat
>Comfort is a must have
>I don't want to spend money on amp/dac
>G430 and Sony Pulse

like I said it's obvious you're not the only poorfag incel, all nostaxers are like that

This is a template for the Takstar Pro 82 or the coolermaster version of it. They are closed back and light, don't need or benefit from an amp, people sperg about the comfort, sound signature looks fine but I haven't heard them.
Look at reviews for confirmation. Coolermsater rebrand is coolermaster.com/peripheral/audio/mh751/ and has a mic. If you go this route dont buy the one with the surround sound thing its a gimmick.
Funny but I would be surprised if this were true. Also I'm poor because of my headphones, it's not that I'm poor so I don't have headphones.
why do these look so nice in matte black

Attached: matte.jpg (800x468, 50K)

>Budget:
around 200 for full-sized and around 100 for iems

>Location:
Italy but should have no prob as long as it is EU

>Source:
PC/phone

>Type of headphone
need to replace my full-sized ones but I mostly need a good pair of iems atm

>Open or closed
closed.

>Comfort level
Often wear them for 4+ hours so no big pain, at least a 6/10 i guess? Sound quality first tho

>Sound signature
dont want it to affect the original so I guess neutral

>Past headphones
jbl E50bt that felt a bit heavy and just the basic huawei for iems

Little repost cause the other got no answers

I'd get the 770 80 ohm instead, should be a clear upgrade over the m50. Every Sennheiser closed I've heard was awful.

actually I would prefer a headphone without microphone, but in fact it won't matter, if I don't intent to use it either way, having or not, I have a g430 to play at home, but might consider taking it home if it is better than my other one, I was looking for a HD PRO 280, but I don't know if it's wroth it, my friend will ship it to me for 25% for him, because My country sucks hard in taxes.

It's detachable on the cooler master version and the non-cooler master version doesn't have one. Look up reviews it's a really good first "real" headphone kind of like the ath m50 was in 2009.

M50 isn't neutral really, I'd check out the 770. Similar sound and much more comfortable.

Why not the Custom One pro modded with 770 pads?

5 CUTE fact about Maki:
-She is a girl!!
-She is a tomato!!
-I love her!!
-Maki!!

Attached: qLZeRk8.jpg (1080x810, 79K)

Maki is a fucking bitch.

>Budget:
less than 100

>Location:
USA

>Source:
PC

>Type of headphone
Ones good for gaming, good simulated surround sound and not sound like shit.
>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
I'll take what I can get at this price range

>Sound signature
I hate hard S sounds and high treble.

>Past headphones
laptop speakers and 9 dollar buds

>Other
Either comes with a mic or recommend me a good clip on

also beyers eq like gods have no problem changing any frequency by 10db and according to some other user you can simply handwash the pads and they revert back to new.
makianon why do you go from posting cute things to being so mean
btw you should sell your he500 to be measured so we can have EQ and then maybe you wont hate it so much

Attached: 1504230822774.jpg (3120x4160, 2.9M)