Search youtube for a guide w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1542796956943.jpg (530x298, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/3wRjgw
tomsguide.com/us/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-benchmarks,review-5779.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First PENIS

>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
Finally.

Should i get a protection plan for everything?

Kinda reposting from old thread. Looking at a 60Hz build;
Will vsync result in bad input lag? Worse than consoles? If I don't turn it on will I have to deal with bad tearing?
Is a 1070 Ti excessve and silly for a 60Hz build?

I have 4 gigs of RAM and can run Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA and the web browser at the same time
just
fine

What's the best version of the RX 580? If it can handle 1080p60 it could be good value since I'm keen on RE2 and DMCV

Try running any game, nobody cares about your useless shit that can be run even with 0gb ram.

No wtf no.

re2 as in resident evil 2? Isnt that game like 20yo? I doubt you gonna need fucking rx 580. As for dmc5 it's capcom so it should be running fine on everything.

i like autism lights

that's the base clock and it turbo's up to 5...

It feels better to have stable 144. I will consider a 1440p monitor though. Or maybe ultrawide 1080, or even 240hz

Attached: 46513441_2260233007545981_4431129763716792320_n.jpg (684x912, 66K)

So when you reinstall windows on a ssd you just unplug your HDD and reformat your HDD after install correct?

but what's the best kind of rx 580?
And yes, resi evil 2 remake

I don't see what purpose that would serve.

you throw your hdd in the trash because it's almost 2019 and using something as slow and unreliable as hdd is retarded.

what case

windows 7 and below randomly throw the boot loader on the largest contiguous drive, regardless of what is selected in the installation UI

the only time I'd recommend a protection plan is if you're buying a laptop for your clumsy mother who has already dropped 3 laptops within a year of buying each, like mine. You personally do not need one for your deaktop.

Or go to bios and change drive boot order

Built my PC 7 years ago and only updated the ram since then, is it worth upgrading certain parts still or just building a whole new rig, if nothing's going to be compatible anymore?

Attached: Untitled.png (895x490, 42K)

Nabbed a 2600x from the Amazaon sale but really can't decide on a motherboard for it, any suggestions?

So the case for my new build arrived today. It was also the first part to arrive, surprisingly. I got the Thermaltake Core V21, an mATX/ITX case and, holy shit, I underestimated how big it would be. Plus side, plenty of room for water-cooling, if I plan to do it in the future. Also, plenty of fan mounting points. Downside, I have to find a place to put this.

Corsair Spec Omega RGB

Used 1TB Ultrastars for ~$25, datacenter sale (constant temps, no start/stops). Worth it? Keep in mind there's 20% VAT here, so new shit is priced accordingly.

I didn't know that. weird

HDDs are good for backups as writing oprations don't wear them as much as they do SSDs

bump, this could determine if I buy today

Yes, vsync is literally unplayable. I'm not even joking even playing some turn based rpgs you will notice the delay every single time you move the mouse and it will feel akward.

Got one of those refurb 360 E consoles for free from GameStop. Going for a power build in the case.
>best CPU under 95 watts
>smallest/most powerful 8 pin GPU available, 1440p144 capable highly desired
>best pico PSU
Halp.

Am I a dumbass for seeing but not getting that reference Vega64 deal on Wednesday for 340$? I just really hate noisy fans

ehh, if it'snot broken, don't fix it, I built my PC in 2011 too and the only component I've bought since was the SSD (really does make a world of difference)

Hey /pcbg/, I'm looking to upgrade my PC and I need some guiding.

First off, the most important thing I want is 144Hz. I wish I would have known more about this before building my PC but I definitely want to upgrade to 144Hz. With my current specs, can I upgrade enough for 144Hz or should I start all over? My CPU and GPU are both bad for 144Hz.

In the meantime, would it be stupid to get a 1440p? With Black Friday, you can get that G-Sync Dell one for $390 (CAD) which is a good deal.

Forgot to attach image

Attached: speccy.png (755x543, 39K)

are you okay, user? You've already posted that.

dual rank DDR4 on ryzen? need to upgrade to 32GB, I've heard both having all 4 dimms but also dual rank will get significantly slower speeds, which is better overall?

I hate phoneposting. When I unlocked my screen again it had the quick reply window up with a captcha timeout warning so I assumed it didn't go through.

Same happens on pc now, it's because of hiro fucking up with 4channel.

This time the reply window didn't close after making that post. 4channel a shit, thanks Hiroshimoot.

unlucky, I elbowed my last laptop in bed. Reading on the product warranty for manufacturers warranty, problem solved.

>I have a PSU of 850W
>PCpartpicker says my PC uses 310W

am i killing my PSU by using less than half of its capacity?
also do speakers or monitors increase Wattage use?

also also is there any way to measure computers total Watt usage? or do I need a voltmeter/multimeter hooked up between PC and outlet to measure that?

also, the age old question, positive pressure inside the PC, or negative pressure? whats your airflow layout? front to back bottom to top, or all in except for out back?

Attached: 220-P2-0850-X1_LG_1[1].png (600x600, 127K)

Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

Yes your psu will literally die if you never stress it. This is why I never leave my pc idling. Even if I'm just browsing internet I make sure my gpu is at 100% usage to be certain my psu won't die.

>am i killing my PSU by using less than half of its capacity?

No.

>also do speakers or monitors increase Wattage use?

You have plenty to spare, but most speakers plug into an actual outlet.

>I just really hate noisy fans
I feel you, my next PC will be a fanless miniPC, I don't even care about gaming anymore

looking @ ryzen 7
unsure about 2700, should I get the X or not ?

>am i killing my PSU by using less than half of its capacity?
No, it's just technically not as efficient but it cannot harm the PSU.
>also do speakers or monitors increase Wattage use?
Do they depend on the power supply for power? If not, no.
>also also is there any way to measure computers total Watt usage? or do I need a voltmeter/multimeter hooked up between PC and outlet to measure that?
Kill-A-Watt is best for this.
>pressure
Excessive negative pressure just makes your PC a dust magnet. Balanced intake and exhaust is best. Cool intake in the front, rear exhuast.

At this point in time should I get a 1080ti or a 2080?

2700 or 2700X ?

>getting 3 yo gpu or brand new thats just as bad
Why the fuck would anyone buy something so old?

They perform close enough and any deals on 1080ti's have dried up as stock has dwindled. At this point if you're spending that much just get a 2080.

lol, people care about the pressure inside the box? I lost the side panel 7 years ago, my PC still works even though I accidentally a slice of tomato inside the case once

Is the F4-3200C16D-32GTZR B-die? It's not on the list, but the F4-3200C16D-32GTZA is, and it seems to be just a variant

Are you me? all those dumbasses talking about muh temps and muh 20 fans. I'm here with matx case that has no side panels and nothing goes above 60C.

Not everyone is a barbarian like you.

I'm not too tech savy but I thought the 2080 was gimped because of the RTX gimmick. Isn't 1080ti technically still the superior card?

Why doesn't newegg ship the red dragon 56 to Australia? We have basically no good amd options here

They basically trade blows but it has more memory, albeit slightly slower, than the 8 GB the 2080 has.

what does anyone use to look at fanspeeds and internal V's and rpm's on fans?
ive been using a crappy download app called speedfan, but i have a feeling something better has to be out there

I do setup similar to right in pic (with an added input on the bottom), but i have lots of animal hair in my house, so tempted to try the positive pressure meme

>No, it's just technically not as efficient but it cannot harm the PSU.
ok thought so, if i double the wattage in the future there will not be a perminent dent in the efficiency though
>Do they depend on the power supply for power? If not, no.
speakers do, but they are tiny, so probably negligible
>Kill-A-Watt is best for this.
ah, ill have to look it up
>Excessive negative pressure just makes your PC a dust magnet. Balanced intake and exhaust is best. Cool intake in the front, rear exhuast.
ok "neutral" pressure is best then? glad i set it up how I did then

I have not cleaned my tower in 2 years, dust doesnt look too bad, but there is dust in it, so while i have it off and open, might play around with the setup

or use my fluid mechanics to chart out a few different airflow setups to find an ideal one (hooray matrix's and F.E.A. + MATLAB)

just because it works does not mean it couldnt work better

Attached: 44527-ss_airflow[1].png (601x399, 106K)

I missed out on $10 bucks for i7. Shouldn't have seconded guessed it

Where do I get the latest deals/pricedrops?

I'm always too fuckin slow, by the time I read it here the sale is already over...

I suck at black friday

why no the 'x', and am I better off getting the 2600 (with or without 'x') ?

Nah not really

Attached: rtx.png (1500x1010, 372K)

pcpartpicker is only an estimate and the only way you'd kill things is if you were drawing too many watts

i thought i was the only one still running a 2nd gen intel

8 AM in-store this morning

But I did find a $250 55" 4k TV on Walmart's site today.

should I upgrade for gaming

Attached: image.png (640x577, 71K)

it's still 3yo card you're paying more than full price for.

pcpartpicker.com/list/3wRjgw

Budget 3000-3500, want to play on a 1440p 144hz monitor, anything i should change? Should I get a better cpu cooler?

2080ti or bust for 1440p 144hz. Cooler could be better, mobo seems shaky, get a better one.

How's my choice of mobo, ram, psu etc?

Attached: Untitled.png (1078x652, 178K)

No.
>Should I get a better cpu cooler?
Yes, also a 2080 ti. You should also be delidding that CPU and replacing its shitty TIM for a respectable overclock. If not go 9900k with a Z390.

Is there a comparison of current 2080 cards?

I want to know which one is the best/fastest.

b-die is 3200mhz 14cl

>you should buy 144hz only if you get 144 fps minimum

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 14K)

good luck getting 144 fps minimum in current games with a single 2080ti (protip: not gonna happen at max settings in pretty much any game)

>max settings
meme

Very similar to my build, but a bit better. Should work fine.

>those ssd prices

Attached: 6CD.jpg (550x413, 31K)

think theres a sale on samsung ssds 1T for $127

cheaper ram

I'm trying to build a new PC with a higher priority towards gaming with an added interest for emulation. Are there any unique considerations that need to be made for that? I'm looking at a budget of around $2000 USD after everything, although I already have a decent keyboard. Ideally I'd like a mid to mini sized tower but full is fine. I'm having trouble looking at what monitors to build around

Full build recommendations are highly appreciated too

He's in ausfalia, lads. Relax.

K guys, any final suggestions before I pull the trigger on the remaining items?

>Looks good to me. 27" is nice and $150 for 1080, 1ms, 75Hz is fine. Are you using an AMD GPU?
yeah, pic related, RX 580

still not sure about
- cooler
- case
- ram
- ssd

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 7.00.08 PM.png (2358x1572, 482K)

>what is greentext

ssd memed
overpriced memory

>MUH MINIMUMS

>max settings
literally indistinguishable from high settings but takes 15-20% more processing power to run

8700k or 2700x?

ya i know, its still fucking insane

>rosewill

I have that cooler on a 4770. It's quiet but it's not going to be any better than the one that comes with that 2600X in the box. Save the money and use the stock cooler.

You buy whichever one is on sale for cheaper, if you can catch it

Hijacking your post to ask my own question. Doesn't the 2600x include a cooler? Is it generally advisable to disregard any that come included with the cpu?

only playing games, or use a lot of adobe premiere? 8700k
gonna stream or do a lot of rendering/workstation tasks? 2700x

it does come with a cooler, its not that great and wont allow you to do really any OC but its fine for stock cooling

The Ryzen stock coolers are fairly competent and can even handle very light overclocking.

You tell us

That's what i thought

Looks pretty tight, ditching the cpu cooler for a better case could be an option, try it, if it is noisy/hot buy it later imo

wtf is wrong with you and your dumb memes, stop shitting up this general

maybe but turning down settings in current games already is sad to me, also 20% more doesn't always mean 144 average, not even talking about minimums unlike the guys above that somehow are now peddling back.
tomsguide.com/us/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-benchmarks,review-5779.html
I mean if you have the budget for a 2080ti why not go for it?

Attached: tomb raider.jpg (1500x974, 112K)

>my number higher

Attached: ffff.jpg (360x360, 7K)

>It's quiet but it's not going to be any better than the one that comes with that 2600X in the box.
You are retarded. Even a $15 cooler is much better than the wraith spire

>wtf is wrong with you and your dumb memes, stop shitting up this general
do not reply to them. let them post their muhs, their npcs and so on. Don't give them the (you)s they crave