Why is being a programmer outside of the US so shit?

Why is being a programmer outside of the US so shit?

Attached: Developer_Salaries_World.png (1049x880, 241K)

>tfw living in Israel
Doesn't feel that bad tbqh

If you account for pajeet it rises by 20k in every country

What the fuck are you even saying? Am I having a stroke?

being australian and working remote for a US company is pretty good desu

higher salary plus exchange rate boosting it ~40%

>Why is being a programmer outside of the US so shit?
Cost of life is different in different country.
I can live the same lifestyle than burgers for 30k/yr.

feels bad being canadian man

Absolute salary says nothing. You should compare purchasing power. I bet most first world countries will be similar.

us tech and programming jobs are hyper inflated by places like silicon valley, while this also raises salaries for the rest of the usa it also skews the numbers quite drastically, for example cost of living in those us cities with high tech wages is insane
$100k in sf is not the same as $50k in columbus ohio but you could probably easily earn more than $50k working in a programming job in ohio than you could in sf, likewise even a place like san jose has more expensive rent than london never mind somewhere like sf, and this is despite london being somewhat competitive with sf/ny programming jobs

Most programmers are living on San Francisco bay, and living is expensive as fuck there. These numbers mean shit.

Cost of living. That salary is worthless to a basedboy living in San Fran.
However, for someone living in Midwest US, a 90k salary is like 180k in california.

Take the midwestpill.
these guys know whats up. Take advantage of over-inflated tech salaries by choosing to live in a comfy low population density area.
if you can take advantage of US dollar exchange rates, even better. But living in burgerstan there's no point to doing that.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Kara_no_Kyoukai_3_-_Remaining_Sense_of_Pain_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[7B4ABFAB].mkv_snap (1920x1080, 776K)

i think he means pajeets drive the average pay down, so non-pajeets make more than the average on average

Because supply and demand is up to the free market in the US

here in the Netherlands its pure subsidies
the government ensured that a shitload of student studied this career path because of shortages in this field

After a few years there were a shitload of students on the market looking for this job who were fucked because of high competition among workers

the pay is not really bad it is actually a good wage being a software developer in the Netherlands But the pay is Never going to be as good as it was before goverment decided to Fuck the market up the ass which in turn just made everyone earn less en made companies earn more

that's even more above the average salary in Israel, for example

Being a programmer in Ukraine was pretty good. You earn like a corrupt politician and pay same negligible taxes (5% of income or so), but without actually killing children or turning their future and sweat of their fathers into yachts and bread loaves of solid gold.

Attached: golden_loaf.jpg (550x412, 28K)

Silicon Valley is currently experiencing a startup investment bubble. don't worry, soon everything will be monopolized and wages will start declining.

Why are all the charts I find average? I thought we were just slightly smarter than this and would look at the median. But not so smart that we make a good evaluation of the situation for software developers of all these countries with varying situations.

>people parroting "it's expensive in the valley!" that don't know shit
I work in SV and get paid almost twice my graduating class in Texas
After accounting for increased cost of living and taxes, I still pocket 50%~ more than they do

>gets 90K
>still starving

>gets 39K
>lives like a king

why is burgerland so shit?

Are you retarded?

Are you extra retarded? Startups pay like shit compared to their local, established competition. They get you on "culture" and a promise of worthless stocks

life is expensive AF in silicon valley

Nope. I pocket $80k a year with a 180k salary in California.

>Startups pay like shit compared to their local, established competition
*soon-to-be monopolies
you clearly know nothing about economics
monopolies == no competition in the job market == declining wages
the only reason the wages aren't shit now is because investors have funded way more than what is financially credible.

Attached: 58e686e677bb70872c8b604f-750-504.png (750x504, 110K)

I'ma programmer in Switzerland. My life is fine.

> Being average software dev.

Germany has free education and healthcare so it evens out.

Outside of some countries being a person outside of the US is generally shit OP.

Being an anything outside of the US is shit, that's why they all want to invade.

my country is not even on the list

Because US is the only relevant country

>I bet most first world countries will be similar.

they aren't. France and Canada have a huge problem with retaining any skilled programs thats very apparent on the ground level. this isn't the case of some jerking stats around.

>user uses logic on OP
>Logic is ineffective

It's not. The us simply has a much wider range of earnings than europe despite similar average earnings, hence all the "high skill" jobs pay more.

See pic related. In the uk "some college" would be equivalent to "bachelors from average uni" and" masters" would be equivalent to "oxbridge stem"

Attached: ep_chart_001.png (1920x1080, 101K)

>USA
>Wages are extremely high
>Costs of living are extremely high
gee i wonder

San Franciso and Seattle pay a stupid amount of money even when you consider cost of living.

this
>so close yet so far away
Can't wait to immigrate to the states for a higher salary desu.

shit misread it lol, half way between bachelors and associates would be a normal masters

Cars and your shitposting machines are not cheaper in your countries. face it, on average the burgers live the best life aside from being shot up and being a 56%'d niggerhole.
t. mountain jew

What is a professional degree?

Chiropractic (D.C.)
Dentistry (D.D.S., D.M.D.)
Law (LL.B., J.D.)
Medicine (M.B., M.D.)
Optometry (O.D.)
Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
Podiatry (D.P.M.)
Theology (M.Div, S.T.B., B.D.)
Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M., V.M.D.)

>cars and gpus are all that matters
you live a sad life.

beer is tho

>face it, on average the burgers live the best life aside from being shot up and being a 56%'d niggerhole.
I rather pay more for my shitpostingmachine and car once if i can then live a cheaper live in a country that is not filled with gun touting niggers

>beer is tho
I kind of get free beer if I want it.
t. american in a free beer type of city.

You probably live in a city filled with mentally ill drivers that plow into pedestrians though.

>theology
What do they even do or learn?

I guess but to my knowledge there was no such occurrence in the past decade or so, so it's still better than a daily negro shootout.

>american beer
No, thanks.

They get degrees in Christian Education to teach children that Earth is flat.

>American Beer
>Thinks that Americans are limited to domestic alcohol. Are you unaware of American import/export. You should be, because it's probably keeping your shit hole country a float.
>I guess but to my knowledge there was no such occurrence in the past decade or so
You mean that it hasn't been reported as terrorism anymore since they already took over your country.

>not knowing how greentext works
Go back.

This year's statistics from my country here, these are monthly wages where 200,000 is a little over 700 USD.
Sample size for these statistics was around 100 thousand according to the site where I checked.
Considering the prices for things, even in the capital where of course things are more expensive, these are some really comfy wages even for junior positions.

Attached: hays_statisztikak.jpg (1014x3151, 216K)

>not knowing how greentext works
No longer having an argument.
Just die in your shit hole country already, faggot.

very american reply

Attached: windies10.png (277x299, 21K)

>he believes people don't talk about murderous mudslimes that crash into people
You must be awfully jaded if you believe people are like that, though i guess if you are surrounded by blacks it's no wonder.
But besides that, your sentence actually got it right, such occurrences are not reported on as terrorism, they are reported on as "Car drives into Christmas-market" but it is reported on nontheless.

don't generalize.

Beer cheaper than water
Only white people and low density because village
Can be as loud as I want
Can probably shoot myself and nobody would notice
Glorious EU

They're called Europoors for a reason.

>netherlands

why the fuck would you even. I was born there and learned to program there, the second i could jump ship on that shithole i did.

but to be fair, the entire market that the government ruined is the webdev market. hoards of shit tier MBO3/4 people who know only how to shit out a mediocre wordpress website.

For HBO / WO students doing INF / TI / CS / CE there is still plenty of opportunity as companies have realized MBO students are the shittiest fucking developers because of the colleges offering jack shit.

I did MBO and didn't learn anything. The only fucking reason i have a comfy job now is because i got taken in by a company and interned for 1.5 years. if i hadn't been trained by that company, i would literally be nothing right now. even though i hold a MBO "degree"

Attached: 1535646970359.jpg (500x750, 72K)

You know what an average is, right? These numbers mean nothing. If you earn 100k/a in SF you're still poor because rent sets you back by 3k a month for a shoebox. And that's not something you can choose, because your only option is to pay the amount or to commute for 2hrs to the office... one way. If you were to look at the median salaries then they probably wouldn't be all that different. Would still be higher in the US, but not to this extent.

I work remotely for a US company from the EU. thanks for ur dollars.

Attached: 37e4eda83b4ae9d74acacf43a94b163f.png (501x364, 413K)

I'm sure Achmed appreciates the tax you pay.

This is just false, I'm an intern developer and get paid what the 'average' is in New Zealand

Most of those places have free healthcare and college, so you don't have to worry about health insurance or maintaining a college fund for your kids.

Average is shit indicator, what's median?

I live in south america and surprisingly housing isn't that cheaper either. For most people it's either renting a small shitty house or having a life long mortgage for a small shitty house. Nobody has the kind of housing people in the US (at least those living outside SF or jewyork) can afford. Gas and technology is much more expensive than the US. The only actually cheaper things are food, common medications and services, but then again shitty ones.