Arch Fags

> Be me
> New to GNU
> Only ever used Ubuntu
> Irritated by all the bloat, but everyone says arch and gentoo are technical scary and technical so I persevere.
>Want a tiling WM, GUIs are confusing and slow
>Install i3, getting rid of gnome is a pain in the ass but after like 10 hours I get it working
>Finally, after a year of using Ubuntu running i3 blocks with all sorts of problems I get a new x200 and decide I'm ready for arch
> Prepare to spend like 20 hours installing and configuring
> Flash arch.iso onto a drive
> Plug it in
> Turn on x200
> Arch loads in like 2 seconds
> HDD needs partitioning
> fdisk that shit, easy
> One command to install? well i guess configuring is the hard part
> Set LANG
> whatnow.jpg
> Everything seems to be working, what did I forget? Spend an hour reading arch wiki
> Looks like I really am done
> pacman i3, installs in like 5 seconds
> Works great, no troubleshooting necessary
> Day two and still no problems

YOU ARCH FAGGOTS I USED THAT BLOATED BULLSHIT FOR A FUCKING YEAR BECAUSE YOU ASSHOLES TOLD ME ARCH WAS HARD WTF IS THIS SHIT IT IS LITERALLY EASIER THAN WINDOWS

pic not relatd

Attached: windows98.jpg (615x461, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20181122.iso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arch is pretty great. This whole "PACMAN FUCKED UP MY XORG.CONF AGAIN" is such a meme.

fuck what everyone on Jow Forums says arch is probably the best distro out there
it lets you dip into the internals of linux but isn't a complete fucking nightmarish mess to install like gentoo, but doesn't tell you what to do like other distros.
not to mention i don't think i've ever had a problem with pacman breaking anything, while it's 10x faster than dpkg or zypper.

also the systemd being bad thing is a complete meme, it's way more convenient to have major parts of my system managed with one utility rather than having to learn 100 different ones.

Attached: [email protected] (150x140, 7K)

The only problem I have with Arch users is that they are just like vegans. They just have to tell everyone.

I agree about systemd.
>systemctl enable EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy.service

Get a better distro, ca.cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20181122.iso

Attached: 2018-11-23-213741_2048x1536_scrot.png (2048x1536, 1.14M)

also wifi-menu is literally the only network utility that has never let me down. it might just be me having an intel card, but wicd, networkmanager, and everything else just seem to not work at all.

Window managers are graphical environments, you insufferable queer. Your greentext blogpost is so gay that it has led me to believe that the best part of you dribbled out of your mom and ended up as a little brown stain on the mattress.

Arch is virgin shit and your package count means fuckall. Kill yourself.

Attached: 1517066816955.png (600x600, 106K)

maybe he meant Desktop Environments you insufferable retard
like it only takes a slight modicum of critical thought to see that the two can be confused

Man, you really are a bottom of the barrel brainlet. You wanna try that again but in English this time?

(You)

Attached: [email protected] (150x140, 7K)

>i3
use awesome

use ratpoison

Use an abacus.

use your penis

use

i unironically consider arch to be the easiest distro, at least for those familiar with linux
Jow Forums almost put me off trying it, but since getting into it, i've stopped even thinking about distro-hopping

arch users don't call arch hard, they also don't call it lightweight
most of the information about arch you see here is not from arch users

>Go into Arch thread
>Complain about Arch users
Yeah this the same sort of bullshit vegans deal with in food situations, too

hmm I'm already vegan, maybe I should go balls deep and install Arch. People will hate me even more than they already do.

>getting rid of gnome
for what purpose?

>YOU ASSHOLES TOLD ME ARCH WAS HARD
no we didn't, those that did are debian butt hurts

it's a pre 2012 thing i think

u

also protip, i3 and xfeces (cos pretty wm decoration unlike ugly openbox) are the only worth using, everything else is a waste of time

bloated garbage, use dwm

to reach that point you have to show up at people's houses and ask if they want to jog.