Search youtube for a guide w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: chrome_2018-11-15_20-34-27.jpg (2929x1631, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/LG-32GK650F-B-Monitor-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B07FLGR2PN
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nHj4mq
pcpartpicker.com/product/BcTrxr/dell-monitor-s2716dg
pcpartpicker.com/product/MTkwrH/acer-predator-xb1-270-2560x1440-165hz-monitor-umhx1aaa01
scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z370-overclocked-bundle-intel-core-i5-8600k-coffee-lake-asus-prime-z370-p-16gb-ddr4-be-quiet!-da
scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z370-overclocked-bundle-intel-core-i7-8700k-coffee-lake-asus-rog-strix-z370e-16gb-ddr4-be-quiet!
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8JKHLJ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/J2J7gw
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3378-intel-9900k-cpu-review-solder-vs-paste-delid-gaming-benchmarks-vs-2700x/page-3
evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-5173-KR
youtu.be/w9i_ULemBhI?t=91
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jCBDXP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Got suggestion for the monitor?
Vega + amazon.com/LG-32GK650F-B-Monitor-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B07FLGR2PN
Or if you really want the 1070Ti, then pay $200 more for the Gsync version of the same monitor. Or just get a 1440p@60 monitor.

how come mom lets you have 4 noctuas?

are the coolers that ship with Ryzen cpu's any good?

I'd rather keep the 1070ti and would prefer a 1440p monitor

is there hope for cyber monday or will christmas offer good sales too?

>pajeets are so cheap they can't be assed to get a 20 buck EVO 212

Decent for stock coolers but a better aftermarket cooler is recommended, especially if aiming for a silent rig.

So pay $600+ for a Gsync 1440p 144hz monitor that's not a TN or get 1440p@60, then. What's hard to get?

They are fine for stock. Or slightly above stock, depending on ambient temps and case airflow.

Because I have to cool this Skylake-X refresh.

Repost from last thread. As someone who it too much a brainlet to overclock something correctly is this an acceptable bundle to go with my 1070ti ?

Processor Intel Core i7 8700K "Coffee Lake" Six Core with HT overclocked to 4.8GHz

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro H100x

Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4

Warranty 2 Year Warranty - Return to Base (Parts & Labour)

£799

Your baseline should be 1080p and 120/144hz monitor for gaming.
Do NOT go lower than this.

>Intel Core i7 8700K
what the FUCK for?

best 1080p card for 60 fps?

It's either that or the I5 9600k @ 5ghz

Repost
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nHj4mq
I've got £400 left.
How is the gpu? I've never heard of that brand before.
Is the psu enough?
Any alternatives to the case I picked? I would prefer better cooling.
Does the cpu come pre-gungked, or do I need to buy some extra gunk, what gunk would you recommend?
Should I wait for moday sales, or will it be as dissapointing as friday?
Any other thoughts?

state your reasoning, not your alternatives
what are you going to with a 400 dollar CPU?

you could save a buck with a z370 mobo otherwise looks good.

Mostly just playing games @ 1440p.

Why? What are you even doing that you need to spend that much?

Is there a powerlevel for 2080 cards?

It's 15% off in my cunt, piggybacking off the Black Friday deals meme.

The only thing not available are EVGA cards but the rest are there so I thought I'd ask.

MSI
period

>

The actual cost of the bundle is only a like £50 more than the components. Electronics are expensive in the UK.

There's nothing wrong with your build

The 9600k is a downgrade imo, just stick with the 8700k

You don't need a Z390 board either, use the shekels you save for a better video card

>So pay $600+ for a Gsync 1440p 144hz monitor that's not a TN or get 1440p@60, then. What's hard to get?
Don't listen to the shit above.
Get a 144hz, 1080p or 1440p monitor.
TN panel if you value reduced motion blur and responsiveness with the downsides of reduced viewing angles and worse colors and generally cheaper price.
ISP panel if you value colors and viewing angles and are okay with either paying more, having more ghosting/motion blur and generally more input lag.
There is in between pannels like VA as well.

Gsync/freesync are optional in high reresh monitors. They are a nice feature but usually cost a lot more.
So once you got your base line monitor, then consider what it would cost you to get a freesync/gsync monitor and compare the price difference.
For most people the answer is: "It's not worth the money over a 144hz monitor"
But it's up to you how much money you sink into a monitor.
I'm just here to tell you that your baseline should be 1080p and 144hz for a good gaming experience. And for people on a budget I highly suggest that.

Which is better between the two?
pcpartpicker.com/product/BcTrxr/dell-monitor-s2716dg
pcpartpicker.com/product/MTkwrH/acer-predator-xb1-270-2560x1440-165hz-monitor-umhx1aaa01

Why MSI? Do you own a RTX one?

Thanks

The 9600k is ~ £200 cheaper than the 8700k build but as they're bundle sold by the store the selection is limited to the bundles.

These are the bundles i'm considering :

scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z370-overclocked-bundle-intel-core-i5-8600k-coffee-lake-asus-prime-z370-p-16gb-ddr4-be-quiet!-da

scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z370-overclocked-bundle-intel-core-i7-8700k-coffee-lake-asus-rog-strix-z370e-16gb-ddr4-be-quiet!

>Just let it microstutter
>Microstutters give the authentic Nvidia experience
lol. Nvidia and Intel shills follow the same "stutters don't matter" script.

You've not said what you need the CPU for.
Just buy an iPad.

which ipad gives me the full Battlefield V and Tom Raider experience at 1440p? thanks in advance

frozr coolers shit all over everything else
2080 comes with THREE
don't really know why in the everloving fuck are you buying a 2k-series this early but that would be my two cents anyway

>500$ vs 550$
Which features are you paying for that you must have?
Because a 1080p 144hz monitor can be acquired for like 200$.

Gaming @ 1440p 60+ fps /w g-sync.

Honestly don't have knowledge regarding monitors. All I want is 60fps 1080 maybe 1440 gaming. I'm ignorant about the finer details monitors have.

You don't need an overpriced 9600k nor 8700k for those.
You'll be GPU bottlenecked with a 2600X at 1440p as it is.
Idk just buy the most expensive thing, frankly. You deserve to have your money wasted for being so dumb.

>TN panels
>$500 TN panels
yikes

Wtf you're going to pay all that money for 60 fps ???
Maybe do some more reading before you throw money away.

>Because a 1080p 144hz monitor can be acquired for like 200$
not in shitholes where added value tax tosses $0.2 on top of every $1 of price

Attached: 1506154113874.jpg (399x382, 66K)

Ok, so i made a couple changes to de.pcpartpicker.com/list/8JKHLJ

Looking good? Good enough to order?

Attached: tenor.gif?itemid=3572000.gif (356x200, 833K)

>the stutters
>intel hardware stutters
>nvidia cards stutter
>anything not freesync stutters
How does it feel living a meme my friend?

You should worry if your hardware delivers stutters which can be ANY low end GPU/GPU.
And as far as monitors go, just have a high refresh monitor that will handle things well enough.

But thanks user, you just proved that people shilling "sync" options are AMD shills.

Why should I not buy the better product? Not like I can throw the GPU away and replace it in two years and not be CPU bottlenecked by my Ryzen then. A lot less hassle.

60 + fps , it's a 144hz but i'm aware I won't be getting the full 144fps on a single 1070ti

You should.
People here just love to go full jew mode.
Getting a 1060 for 1080p that struggles to hit 60fps in current game is plain retarded yet I keep seeing it recommended.

Then as I said, look at 1080p 144hz monitor, around 200$ mark. No fucking point in overpaying twice to three times that for features you hardly understand and think you need because of shills.

You really don't have any options for 1080p and 120/144hz monitors at a 200$ or near that price point?

That's a lot of cope in one post

lol.
So an 8700k will NEVER bottleneck a GPU just like the 2600k never did? Oh, wait, the 2600k does bottleneck many GPUs even at 1440p.
Straight up lying and pretending you can predict the future. I bet you shilled people on Bulldozer, too.

2600X isn't going to bottleneck a 1070Ti at 1440p. Not even close.
You can always upgrade it later if you think it's going to bottleneck a GPU upgrade when the time comes and there are actual benchmarks at that time for the new games/cpus/gpus.
You can get B-die if you're really concerned. Still a lot cheaper than a 8700k.

put your trip back on.

What sort of GPU would give equivalent performance to the 2400g's built in vega? I'm on a budget but want a hex core.

ah I see the classic Schrödinger's GPU. It's gonna be bottlenecked and at the same time it isn't. You know the 8700k is faster than the 2600x you keep recommending?
Any more advice from you, friendly neighbourhood time traveler shill?

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/J2J7gw

But the 8700k is the faster CPU in all benchmarks I saw? I can even stream with it and still play at good framerates so I think the decision is firm. Not interested in a CPU that might struggle in a year or two already.

$200 is price bracket for regular 60hz unless you're willing to set your house on fire with some chinkshit
120hz is $500 territory

I've never tripped, you retarded newfag.

What? Lmfao. Learn to read.
You're the one claiming you can predict the future, not me. Nice projection.

You need a monitor or you can't actually use the PC.
If this is 1440p, you'd get the same performance with a 2600X and save hundreds of euro.

Have you considered actually reading the benchmarks?
They're done with a 1080Ti or 2080Ti. Neither of which is a GPU you're using.
It doesn't magically make a 1070Ti run faster when the 1070Ti is already at 100% output. How do you not understand something that basic...?

Putting a 8700k + 1070Ti/2070 in a 1440p build is the same level of stupid as putting an 8700k + GTX 1060 in a 1080p. You have some trolls here trying to trick you into wasting money because they think it's funny, but that's the fact of the matter. 8700k/9700k only makes sense when you're doing a like $2500+ build with a 1080Ti at 1080p or 2080Ti at 1440p. Otherwise you could save hundreds of dollars for the same exact performance, or spend that money elsewhere in the build for an actual performance upgrade.

>You know the 8700k is faster than the 2600x you keep recommending?
He doesn't. He thinks 2600x can beat the 8700k if you just give it magic RAM. Pic related.

Attached: In case of AMD shill 5.jpg (1842x1486, 593K)

>I can even stream with it and still play at good framerates
2700X is better than the 9900k for streaming, you know? It shits on the 8700k.

Where do I check which GPU models are usually the best based on temperatures / noise?

I used to have an ASUS 280X DirectCU II TOP that not only was running hotter and hotter even with a non-TOP bios undervolted, it was also noisy as shit. I'd trade a bit of performance for a bit of silence.

>I've never tripped, you retarded newfag.
Please everybody can OBVIOUSLY tell it's you. The AMD shill that stays on this thread 20/7. Just put your trip back on so people can filter you.

Why don't you post proof that the 8700k with regular RAM isn't slower than the 2600X with B-die?
A lot of benchmarks show the 2600X as being faster than the 2700X in games, and the 2700X with B-die being faster than the 8700k without. So why wouldn't the 2600X with B-die also be faster than the 8700k without?

Post proof of me every tripfagging, newfag.

Attached: fast vs medium RAM.png (641x2895, 902K)

You can't be serious. You obviously putting more requirements than just 1080p and 120/144hz.

>120hz is $500 territory
By that logic I could claim 60hz is 700$ territory

I mean the encoding is done by the cpu so I don't really mind if my GPU is topped out because that would be the case even when I'm not streaming. So I assumed I could basically stream without noticeably dropping performance when I decide to start a stream.
Will consider this though and might swap the 1070 for a 1080ti but deals seem to be drying out on these.

can you sauce me up on that? I thought about the 2700x but at that point I can just go with the i7 and not worry about mobos and ram that much. Not like streaming is gonna be a main focus, it's just going to be a hobby like once a week.

>A lot of benchmarks show the 2600X as being faster than the 2700X in games,
>4+4 core is slower than 3+3 core
>core complex latency between chiplets doesn't count
You know you are talking about ryzen, not intel cpus right?

ever*

Anyway keep up the good work. Can't have AMD on top like this outside of India and china.
I see you guys doing a good job of tricking people into bad builds this morning.
Funny, always here in force when the Indian work day starts up every time whereas the evening in American time is fine.

>source
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3378-intel-9900k-cpu-review-solder-vs-paste-delid-gaming-benchmarks-vs-2700x/page-3
2700X wins in viewer-side results, which is what matters.
And the 9900k is well above the 8700k. You can look up 8700k results and they're even worse.

Attached: the pajeet's choice.png (1024x619, 425K)

>CCX boogeyman
>33% more cache per core doesn't count
Okay, dumb tech illiterate shill.

Attached: smuglolihackress.png (1440x900, 1.62M)

>eat shit
>millions of flies can't be wrong
>the economist

>actually using muh herd knows best as an argument

is consistent 144fps at 1080p not realistic? I keep seeing people suggesting 60 fps builds

Attached: 1540873246502.jpg (181x278, 8K)

>CCX latency doesn't matter
Good job, just like the script told you to post.

Attached: infinity fabric and thats a good thing because servers.jpg (731x499, 90K)

Regardless if it's a 60fps build or 120fps build.
Your monitor should still be high refresh rate.

As for how realistic it is, it depends on the game, and how many settings you are willing to have not maxed.
Also how much you are willing to spend on your hardware.

I'm doing a 2600x and I want to go mATX becaue of space. Is there a single b450 mATX motherboard with decent audio? All I'm seeing are Realtek ALC8XX options, and this is noticeably inferior to Realtek ALC1220 which some ATX boards have. Should I just get a sound card with the mATX build? Does anyone have any recommendations?

When I look at these pictures the 9900k is at the top in every single one except power consumption? Is this an elaborate troll?
I don't think I want to spend the extra money on the 8 core version so I'll stick to the 8700k, it has I need without overspending. If I ever make streaming a priority I probably wouldn't look at normal desktop CPUs.
The 8700k is a better overclocker too so I think I made the right decision. Ordering now, thank you for your advice and criticism though.

I own a benQ 144hz tn panel monitor , they look complete shit.

only go for these if your absolutely hardcore into your Esports multiplayers.

144hz monitors that also look good are gonna cost you.

the colours are completely washed out.

>synthetics
HAahahahaa you are so desperate and slimy.
If CCX latency mattered so much, the 2700X wouldn't beat the 8700k in some games, you tech illiterate and lying shill. It should be drastically behind if 3x the latency in some instances affected it so much.
It was proven long ago that some poor performance of the 1000 series in games was generally not due to the CCX latency, but lack of microcode optimizations. Literally a boogey man you're creating to try to scam people.

Some games are locked at 60, 100, or 120fps. And lots more games simply won't run that high.
Not always worth justifying the cost of freesync/gsync for 1080p.

B450M Mortar has good audio.

The 2700X wins on 10Mbps fast. 9900k does win on 12Mbps Medium, but still has 12.5% of frames off paced.
10mbps Fast is a good quality level, and the 2700X does that better. 9900k does Medium better, but still not that great so you'd probably be running Fast on it still anyway.
Somehow you missed the most important part of that test which I told you to look at, which is viewer-side FPS. Idk, user.

Attached: bclk2.png (500x616, 80K)

You need to change the colour settings. People have provided settings you can download online and the colours will be much better. Out of the box it's shit, but with a little adjustment it is great.

>literal AMD shill
>calling others slimy shills
It this what they call projecting?

>B450M Mortar has good audio.
Realtek ALC892 Codec is not very good.

>Thermalright - Le Grand Macho
Huh, and i thought the NH-D15 was too weak for an 8700k.

Attached: 1e5vlg.jpg (591x336, 25K)

>8700k@5ghz has same performance as a 1600
Yep, that's a totally legit benchmark

You can always tell when the AMD waltzes in and the thread goes to shit.

GPU bottleneck I'd assume so yeah worthless but still interesting with the 2700x. I'd like to see the source on that for further inspection.

What can I do with a GT 710. Just need something cheap for a home workstation but is a wee bit of gaming possible?

There's a number of things wrong, but a big one is just Dirt 4 being optimized far better for AMD than Intel. It's one of those rare cases.

>It's one of those rare cases.
>cherry picking, not with AMD it isn't!

Looks like there aren't any B450 with ALC1220 and no Z470 micro ATX. There are 3 options with ITX however, and you will actually save space with this form factor.

Attached: audio.png (834x334, 21K)

Do you people thrash your computers every 2 years?

Keep buying shit tier CPUs and 1060.

Quick question: would it be a stupid idea to make a 9900k based CUDA rendering and machine learning workstation?
I already have a Titan V that I pulled out of my 2950x build and I don't really need ECC ram on the new machine.
Don't want to pay the Xeon tax although quad channel memory throughput might be nice to have but I know very little about current intel offerings. Need a combination of high single core performance with decent multicore so another Threadripper is not really an option.

How much do you sacrifice though, in terms of features, with ITX? I can do either mATX or ITX in the case I want to build in, but I know that I will have less features on the board (fan headers, etc.) with ITX.

For a 500GB SSD , would the WDBlue or Samsung 860 Evo be better?

Why do you respond?
You know you've lost and are only trying to trick people when you resort to such specific, unrepresentative synthetic tests.

May as well claim a victory because the Intel IHS is laser engraved faster than Ryzen's. It's so totally meaningless but
>muh completely meaningless numbers are better
lmfao

You need to delid either way.

I forget the source, sadly. It wasn't the only game the 2700X won. Mirror's Edge was a more notable one.

Evo is faster. But there are generally significantly cheaper, but still good, options.

Lamo me win you lost

basically nothing you said even was read
>green text here
LAMO

this is pretty much the format and content of the AMD shill post when his back is pressed against the wall and he has nothing, so he must use shitposting to claw his way out.

OP from here.

Ended up going for an EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 ( evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-5173-KR ), did I do well user?

I'm only slightly worried that my current power supplies have 410 W (180 + 230) and many sites say the card runs at 500 W. I have a 1080p@60fps monitor, did I fuck up? Thanks again

Attached: 1468104855388.jpg (294x273, 14K)

>You need to delid either way.
youtu.be/w9i_ULemBhI?t=91

I'ma poast a different source this time

Attached: LE2.png (1142x944, 173K)

>and many sites say the card runs at 500 W

Absolute bullshit.

>I have a 1080p@60fps monitor, did I fuck up? Thanks again

No. People here will tell you to get a 1060 which will be obsolete in a couple of years or less but from what I've been reading this is 'Talking out your ass' general.

Is up to you. Fan headers for example is pretty irrelevant since you can use splitters or fan hubs, you can daisy chan up to 5 fans on the same header.
If space really is a concern ITX is what you want imo; with micro-ATX you can only save a few centimeters of height and that's it.

Attached: 219455.9e18eb1d2f93ff2821005c6f97522f13.1600.jpg (900x1200, 110K)

Attached: Kisspng-anime-manga-thumb-signal-know-your-meme-animation-give-a-thumbs-up-5adf4cca954c94.6761948715 (900x540, 75K)

Do you think you'll do sli/crossfire? do you want expansion slots for gigabit card or soundcard etc.

fan headers are nice when you have a reason to control the separately(like a specific fan for specific system components.. Otherwise you are right, one can use a hub.

jesus man don't lie like that

please don't run 5 fans off a single controller, at least get a fan hub with real power directly from the PSU.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jCBDXP is what I was looking at roughly. Not happy with the motherboard price but a Xeon build would be even more expensive, with the potential for ECC ram though.
Potentially getting 2 x 32gb ram instead but atm 32 gb overall is enough.

In terms of heat distribution, are copper heatsinks the most cost effective?

What the fuck does B-Die even mean?

What's worth getting used and what should always be bought new?

Thank you for the input, anons.

B-Die RAM, is a type of premium RAM that's more expensive and better performing that other types.