Fuck these adapters...

Fuck these adapters, my cable for the little extra monitor i want to add to my desk is not fitting my ports because there are some extra pins on the right side of the cable of pic related

Attached: 20181124_135118.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

This is the port on my pc

Attached: 20181124_135102.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

Get a different adapter... the proper one.

Attached: 20181124_135254.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

Congrats on your low IQ

Your gpu doesn't have a ramdac, or analog output, so stop trying to use the wrong adapter.

These ports of one of my older machines have these extra pins

Attached: 20181124_135351.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

Read the fucking manual.

What you're holding in your hand is a DVI-I cable and your graphics card only supports DVI-D.

That's because you want to use a VGA monitor in the year 2018.
Graphics cards don't output analog signals anymore, and thus don't include DVI-I ports, only DVI-D. Get a DisplayPort to VGA adapter.

>How do things work
>t. OP (a.k.a. The Fag)

Where do i get an proper adapter? I have a Asus Prime Z370-A mainboard and a 1070 ti exteme from zotac

git smart.

Attached: Download.png (160x315, 4K)

>Get a DisplayPort to VGA adapter.
Make sure it's an "active" adapter that can handle the resolution, and frame rate that you need. Also these adapters add lag, and manufacturers either don't put enough info, and some lie about the capabilities.

Thanks thats the info i needed

Attached: 1540336157969.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

>Where do i get an proper adapter?
Online. Any actuive adapter will work, but you'll have to do your own research to find the ones that are capable of higher resolutions, and framerates without adding too much lag.

>Make sure it's an "active" adapter that can handle the resolution
There's no such thing as a "passive" DP to VGA adapter, you're thinking of DP to DVI or HDMI.
Which monitor are you trying to use? Because unless it's a high-end CRT, any cheap adapter will do.

>There's no such thing as a "passive" DP to VGA adapter, you're thinking of DP to DVI or HDMI.
The fact that the passive adapters exist, and don't work is why I posted that one should make sure that the adapter is "active".

Believe me, there are passive adapters.
China sells millions of them to people who don't know any better. And they're so cheap that when they plug it in and see a black screen, they will just throw it out.

Dude... Just cut off extra pins and you're done... It just works

But DP to VGA adapters aren't branded as "active" or "passive". Anyone with enough common sense should know that a fucking cable with no electronics shouldn- Oh. I just realized I'm in a thread about someone trying to plug a DVI-I adapter into a DVI-D connector.

OP, make sure the adapter you buy isn't just a piece of wire, it should have some sort of box with electronics in it.

Some monitors have built in dacs, so it might work depending on OP's monitor.

The left monitor is the "new" one

Attached: Screenshot_20181124-143302_Gallery.jpg (1425x1080, 1002K)

Oh wow.
Just buy a second hand monitor with DVI input.
That monitor is literally worth less than a DisplayPort to VGA adapter.
What resolution is it? 1024x768?

Idk its old stiff from my wife, also i just want it to watch teamspeak while im playing vidya

Sure. Just wanted to warn you, you'll be spending at least €15 on an adapter for a monitor that isn't worth €3

The problem is, as you can see, there isnt much space left on my desk

This.
I was hoping that OP was trying to get a crt working.

You're desk layout is a mess. You could easily fit 2 monitors on that if:
>you moved shit around
>find a better place for the printer
or
>get a monitor in, and set it to portrait mode

Im not even sure if that crap is functional, but where do i get a monitor that small with a 4:3 ratio, not in a hardware store I can tell you that much

>not in a hardware store I can tell you that much
You can get a monitor with an adjustable stand, and use it in portrait mode. It will take up the same floor space as that 4:3.

Second hand stores.
There are some nice 17" HPs which are 1280x1024 (5:4, not 4:3, sadly) and have both VGA and DVI-D input. As a plus, they also have a USB hub built it. I wish I could remember the model name.

In summer i sometimes open the window full so i can get some fresh air while on the PC hence is why the monitor is placed on the far right. But I guess you are right since that wont be possible with a second screen i might aswell move stuff around. Thing is i need my printer quite often and the cable isnt long enough to have it further away from the machine.

Attached: 1541265011162.png (112x112, 10K)

It's not against the rules to get a longer cable, or move the shit under your desk.
Shit even keeping your printer sideways at the edge of the desk will give you more monitor space.
Are you just fucking with this board, or are you legit not able to figure this shit out on your own?

Im not stupid, here is the thing placing my printer/scanner under the the desk is beyond anything. I also have kids so i dont want to place my stuff too much on the edge because these little devils pull on everything they get thier hands on. Moving the printer sideways wont help as much because the thing is almost as long as wide also then it looks like shite and i have to squeeze myself between this plant.

I guess the only real solution is the get a really long usb cable. Like 10 meter or something so i can place it elsewhere in the room

> placing my printer/scanner under the the desk is beyond anything
Rotate your goddamn printer, and extend the paper tray asshole to where the printer ejects paper towards your fake fucking plant.

That doesn't support such adapters. If oyur out looks like that, your card doesn't output analogue signal at all (pascal, Polaris +). YOu wil have to buy an active dongle which is expensive shit or do somethng else.

Okay meathead, next up. Put a goddamn mat under the weights. You want to scratch up your shitty wood floors? Lettme guess you don't care because you're renting.

You forgot DMS-59

The one living there and sing the PC this way must have a painful back now

>and the cable isnt long enough to have it further away from the machine
Have you considered, oh I don't know, investing in a longer cable?

That looks like shit. Put your PC tower and the subwoofer on the desk, you animal.

>extend the paper tray asshole
paper trays have assholes?

Based

Attached: thing.jpg (112x97, 12K)

No, you're the asshole.

well done Jow Forums tech support

how fucking retarded do you have to be to not know the different types of dvi cables

I don't get why you'd want to get the coil whines and fans noises any closer to your ears

hoky fuck youre retarded