I’m in a strong new of a new password manager, what would you Jow Forumsoyim recommend ?

I’m in a strong new of a new password manager, what would you Jow Forumsoyim recommend ?

Attached: D44BDAF6-72C8-4127-8501-5A32E97D2A8D.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

*need

*task

if you're on linux:
>pass
if you're on windows:
>keepass/keepassx

Keepass + Sync in Dropbox

KeepassXC + Sync in SyncThing

LastPass

>Use password manager
>Store all your passwords on cloud storage

look up what syncthing is and how it works before making assumptions

The database file is encrypted. Every time you download it from Dropbox you have to enter your master password to do anything

I keepass on Linux and Android and keep my database in sync with SyncThing. KeePassDX on Android, good UI, has fingerprint support. kpcli on linux, I keep a scratchpad window with it open on my tiling wm.

Bitwarden is convenient as fuck, keepass is nice too but not having to worry about password databases is nice

>The database file is encrypted
>t. schlomo

Do you not trust KeePass encryption? It’s open source so I’m pretty sure we would know of any problems by now.

>be government
>sink millions of dollars and time of the top computer scientists into making broken crypto

>be smelly neet
>thinks he can find the backdoor

At least it’s better than LastPass or any other online managers

write you own. I wrote a program that just makes an encrypted text file and works on any machine with java, not hard at all.

Either pick Keepass based or BitWarden based. ( Unless you already have a NextCloud in which case there is a module called passman I think. ).

Once you decide which way to go then it's only implementation and features/option

>thinks government will spend billions of $$$ on little weebs like you

>writing a security relevant application in a language that can be disassembled into easily human readable code

LOL

>t. cia gorilla

masterpassword or keepassxc. I use the latter but masterpassword is worth trying desu.

Can you use syncthing to keep your browser data consistent?
For example, I want my Jow Forums X watched threads to be synced across my desktop and laptop.

don't kid yourself. unless you go full on autism with librebooted shit three letter agencies can already dox the shit out of you.
best you can do is be secure against scammers and advertisers.

are you implying that open source password managers can't be secure?

you could, but you'd need to be careful to only have one browser running at a time, otherwise things will get messy

I am a 1Password customer for 8 years now.
I highly recommend them and their service. Troy Hunt a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP for Security also recommends it. They have been around and have great documentation on how their software works.

I'm implying that software as a whole can never be secure and security-by-obscurity is something that works in your favour many times.

>not being able to remember 12char+ passwords
>not having secure but easy to remember passwords
fucking brainlets

re to my post above.

I read the comments on here and it's the typical hysteria and insulting over others opinion. Why does this always have to escalate so much?

Also I don't think is a good solution to OPs request. If OP meant to write a password manager on his/her own then there wouldn't have been a post asking for an already make solution.
I think there are great ones out there and you should go and read upon a couple that are the most common.

Check out which had security problems in the past (lastpass for example) and then compare feature sets and available clients on the platforms you use.

It's always important before making a statement like that one knows exactly what they are talking about. In this instance there are Password Managers that require an account with them but do have an option of creating a local "vault" or your passwords that is not being synchronized with their cloud offering. (1Password can do that for example, I don't know about others)

Also I think it's always a good indicator on how the company treats their customers. Do they have a support forum? If yes, do they reply to customers concerns or questions in a timely manner or even at all?
How do they communicate to them? How long have they been around? What does their portfolio look like? I think it's good to know what kind of people work for a company. This doesn't mean that you have to check for employees on social media and see who they are and what they write, but you get a good understanding if they just are there to rip people off or don't take their customers and their needs seriously. PR material can be super shiny and nice but it's not just that.

How is Dashlane, lads ?

Attached: IMG_7987_1_1024x1024.png (683x683, 890K)

hello

just don't use any services that require a password

Pass

>Troy Hunt a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP for Security also recommends it

The absolute state of four channel

Attached: 1533492640552.jpg (1439x2072, 840K)

>trusting anything online

Keepass. If you need the database online, host it yourself.

I'm pretty sure the "government" can just kick your door and arrest you and all your stuff and doesn't need to hack into your dropbox folder to steal your encrypted password database. That being said, make sure you keep the db file on a cloud storage, since it mirrors the file in at least 3 different locations and when you end up loosing it you are beyond fucked. Good luck guessing your 35 character long passwords.

why would you trust a password manager ? they steal all your passwords