/spg/ - Smartphone General

KMF Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 新聞照片4.jpg (3600x2400, 937K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m2-leak-video/
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/help/fix-hauxing-display-problem-custom-roms-t3869122
fi.google.com/about/plan/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerleader_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=PGiL7m52Go4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Asus Zenfone Max Pro - yes or no? On paper it sounds good, but is it actually crap?

LGV30 or Pixel 3? Or a better alternative that works on Sprint?

posted in the last thread but it hit bump limit so ima post this here too

my galaxy s5 crapped out on me last night fellas. Wondering what my next phone should be. i was looking at either the S7 or the 2017 A7. Im in the US and the carrier that ive been using is straight talk. I love a phone that has a good battery life and as far as i know the A7 has a really good battery life but i am seeing some cheap deals right now on the S7 for sub-200$ whereas the A7 i cant seem to find for any less than 250-300$. any advice? im open to phones other than these two so long as they are an upgrade from the S5 i have.

Who are these cute girls and what are they shilling?

Just get a S8 or S9, they're cheaper now.

The successor model is already on the way:
xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m2-leak-video/

Pixel 3

pixel 2 is like 100 aud less than the 3... hardly seems like a good deal

Or the S9+

>11/11 + 13 days
>chinks have yet to ship my mi 8

Attached: 654.jpg (353x332, 13K)

>notch
Eh. Snapdragon 660 sounds nice though, depending on price.

Consider something that supports both Sprint and T-Mobile bands well in anticipation of the possible buyout,

Though they haven't merged yet, I noticed my Simple Mobile T Mobile phone has roamed onto Sprint's Band 26. Full coverage, not just 911.

LG V30 vs LG G7 ThinQ? US/Verizon. Needs headphone jack, wireless charging

Why are chinks so good at making phones?

new color option for Note 9

What's your budget exactly? Some phones I'd consider:
Nokia 6.1 $179
Nokia 7.1 $349
Moto X4 3GB/32GB $229 (4/64 Android One version is $299)
Moto Z2 Play $299
Moto Z2 Force AT&T $229 (on eBay, locked to AT&T but should work with Straight Talk out of the box)

If you don't mind jumping through a few loops, Google Fi has some really good deals on phones, they're are unlocked so you can cancel the service and use the phone on whatever carrier you want: >hardly seems like a good deal
no, it doesn't, nvm then. How much is the XZ2C? Sizewise it's similar to the XZ1C, camera is a big improvement.

>tfw FGO finally killed my LG G4
Well, at least it survived a long time. Gotta get something new asap though, and I haven't kept up with the market at all. I'm looking for an android phone with a eadphone jack, SD card slot, no notch, good battery life and performance. Don't care for photos, stylus, or shit like fingerprint scanners, but if the phone is good, I can just ignore that stuff. What are my options here? Price doesn't matter up to 800 bucks.

Also, to save all my data because I'm a moron and didn't backup shit, should I do the hairdryer trick now or wait until I've got a new phone?

LG G7

>hairdryer trick
what was that, just blow it with a hairdryer to heat it up? the two tricks to fix bootloop I remember reading about was putting the phone in the freezer, or taking it apart and putting the mainboard in the oven.

>headphone jack, SD card slot, no notch, good battery life and performance.
S9+/Note9 or LG V30/V35

Yeah, apparently you just blow on the mainboard for a few minutes and hope that everything reconnects. I just don't want to fuck it up because all my shit is on there.

Only reasons I'm getting the 6T over the poco is because it has an aesthetic notch and better os

Who is your cellular provider?

Attached: incel were listening 4.png (570x306, 136K)

Mi A2 Lite 4/64GB snapdragon 625 for 170€
or
Motorola x4 3/32GB snapdragon 630 for 170€ (not android one here in EU)

Mi A2 Lite

A1 in Europe.

Thanks user. Looks like I'll be going for the S9+ if nothing changes.

Any issues with getting a refurb G7? I'm thrifty

The cheapest Mi A2 costs 199 €. Maybe consider that.

how much is it refurbished? It's $349 new through Google Fi, the phone's unlocked so just activate it on Fi and cancel right away.

>us
>verizon (in particular, would like coverage over remote parts of western us)

would like
>lineageos without gapps (bear in mind I don't know shit, so a simple installation is ideal)
>under $200

would be nice (1 or more, I don't expect all of these in the same phone)
>removable battery
>headphone jack
>under $150
>nice camera

been looking at used lg v20s and essential phones, but it looks like the lineageos/no gapps stuff might be a bit tricky; suggestions?

Attached: 1542977073551.jpg (522x522, 110K)

I am very much baited by the CPU it has, but I have an irrational paranoia towards xiaomi because a bunch of idiots from my country buy from chinese sites to save money and then get fucked because they have no experience, I'm even skeptical towards the lite model but considered it because it's cheaper and has a headphone jack.

Honestly I don't care much about the headphone jack because I listen to music at home and as long as it has a dongle I can accept it, but do all models come with one?

G7

Under $200 that would be the Moto G6 if I'm not mistaken it's $199 or less right now

my budget is

Holy shit, thanks for the info. It was $400 refurb on Amazon.

No, not all models come with a headphone jack. The normal A2 doesn't and it also doesn't have expandable storage.
Buy it from Amazon. It's what I do with my tech stuff.

Get that shiny new phone user it's time you enjoyed something all for yourself

God dammit, now you gotta ruin it. I'm still using my trusty Droid Turbo but it's starting to get annoying with its quirks.

I'd still get the A2 Lite over the regular A2, for the headphone jack, expandable storage and a bigger battery.

Battery life is decent, so is the camera with GCam installed. Though the best option for battery life would be the Moto Z2 Play or Z2 Force, spend the rest of your budget on a battery MotoMod to bring the total battery capacity up to 5000-6500mah.

The 6.1 is dwcent with battery life sincw it's 3,000mah and I dont know why the 7.1 costs nearly twice as much for the notched screen and somewhat better camera sensor but the same battery capacity.

Moto X4, $150 + $20 through Google Fi, or a used Google Pixel XL, should be able to find one $150-200. Both have official LineageOS builds.

Browsing on the Z2 Play with amoled would be nicer, and it has a single speaker just like the Nokias however it's front facing so the sound is more crisp and direct if the speaker matters. With Moto you can enable capacitive navigation gestures with the fingerprint sensor which is useful because it'll remove the navbar buttons for a more full screen viewing experience. That's one thing I hate about Android is swiping the notofocay shade to change brightness while watching a video and then the navbar will always popup by default and timeout once you want to go back to watching

>Search for phone with removable battery that came out this year and arent complete shit
>3 results for phones above 150$

Attached: 1515633071026.jpg (492x449, 25K)

Fuck removable batteries.

Why not get the Redmi Note 5?

why not get that LG G5

don't buy a used phone from 2 years ago. that's 2 years of battery wear. at least buy a refurbished one

Ive been complaining about not being able to flash a custom rom on my rn5
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/help/fix-hauxing-display-problem-custom-roms-t3869122

Found an XDA thread about pajeets saying the same shit, Its apparently some display issue

It works better without MIUI and I don't want to fiddle with it because if I brick it due to lack of experience I'll have a bunch of annoyances.

Serious question: Should I switch from Verizon to Fi? I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan, but the $130 a month is becoming a harder pill to swallow. Even when not using wifi ANYWHERE, I only managed to use 15 GB of data last cycle.

Attached: index.jpg (150x155, 3K)

not every used Pixel will have been actually used for 2 years though, since they still sell them new.

Why is Verizon so expensive, I'm using their mvno Xfinity and even that's $50/mo for unlimited and free wifi hotspot access points

Fi should work out cheaper, they have "bill protection" which means data will never cost more than $60 a month:
fi.google.com/about/plan/

Grandfathered unlimited data, which is the true, OG unlimited data plan. I could go 200-300 GB of unthrottled data if I wanted to, I just don't know how I would in my regular, day to day living.
Still $80+taxes, because I use between 5 -7 GB even when using Wi-Fi

Continuing from the last thread, I just bought the $413.33 USD for a 128gb/8gb OnePlus 6. $0 postage. Last one right before the stock ran out.

Hope it was a decent purchase.

Mint Mobile is $25/mo for the 10GB data plan

>It works better without MIUI and I don't want to fiddle with it because if I brick it due to lack of experience I'll have a bunch of annoyances.
Flashing custom ROMs is brain dead easy though.

You'll love it bro. Free postage? Can't beat that

What's the largest camera sensor that could be fit into a phone without making the phone look extra bulky like a Lumia 1020? Weren't dual camera setups created to get around this issue?

Arent you kinda locked in with mint and doesn't that deal expire after a year?

Their wording on their site is a bit confusing

What do you regard as "shit"?

Pixel 3XL or iPhone XS? Just want qt photos

The trial offer is 3 months at $25/mo = $75. After that the cost depends on how many months of service you pay for in advance:
3 months, $114 = $38/mo
6 months, $180 = $30/mo
12 months, $300 = $25/mo

So yeah, you're locked in in the sense that to get the cheapest possible price after the trial offer, you need to pay for 1 years service in advance.

just got a v35 from black friday boys. is there a guide specific to this phone for debotnetting?

MY 10 A2LITES FROM 11/11 JUST SHIPPED BETTER MAKE IT BY XMAS I HAVE STOCKINGS TO CHINK

>DEAR THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER DEAR

A piece of shit and another piece of shit don't make something good.
Certain things can be improved, but don't expect much.

i think i have a better idea of what im doing than i did before now. thanks, fellas

Pixel 3 produces punchier, more contrast heavy photos that occasionally look overprocessed while the XS produces more natural looking photos that can be easily edited afterwards but if you don't they might look really boring to you.
Personally I'd take the XL for eye-candy photos right off the bat and better low-light performance but it's entirely up to you and your wallet, either that or just buy a decent handheld camera that'll easily BTFO any smartphone like a GX85.

Pixels have by far best cameras, and they aren't overpriced garbage, so the choice is easy here
I'd go for non-XL version though, it's not as gigantic, has better battery life and same camera

You mean Pixel 3 vs iPhone XR vs new/other iPhone X

So is there a single reason to get the 8GB oneplus 6t?

>Though they haven't merged yet, I noticed my Simple Mobile T Mobile phone has roamed onto Sprint's Band 26.
that's because they've had a roaming agreement for years, it has nothing to do with the proposed merger

So I bought the 256gb oneplus 6t(to be used alongside my note 8 until my lease runs out). How much am I going to regret it?

Also tmobile vs metropcs? Metro comes with free amazon prime and free google one for $60 and tmo comes with free nothing for $70.

metro, the only difference is prioritization and you won't even notice it

My 6T is using between 3,5Gb and 4,1Gb memory on average.
8Gb is definitely an overkill, unless you're planing to keep your phone for 5+ years. By that time battery/screen will go to shit anyway though

Holy shit. Zoom in and they all start to look ugly

removable batteries are becoming impossible to implement at this point. the battery case and the connector take a LOT of space in the phone. most people prefer thin and light phones to easily replaceable batteries. get a phone that is held together by screws, and not hot glue, and you're good to go. Replacing the battery should take no more than 10 minutes, even if it's soldered. Or, if you're a hyperautist like one of the anons in the previous threads, who wants his phone to run a week with backup batteries, just get a fucking power bank case. I understand the hate for the lack of 3.5mm jacks, locked bootloaders and big fucking phablets, but not this. They actually have a good reason for it.

They're ugly even if you don't zoom in.

That amazon prime video service is dope

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerleader_effect
>youtube.com/watch?v=PGiL7m52Go4

Super AMOLED or IPS? Which is better?

Depends on the phone.

please recommend me a phone
I want
>amoled screen
>at least 1080p
>at least 5"
>came out in 2018
>android 8 or 9
>CPU better than snapdragon 625
>no exynos CPU, since no lineage support, ever
>no giant chin, only if there are buttons below the screen
>under €250

Attached: 1428921838319.jpg (600x888, 281K)

AMOLEDs are nicer looking, more vibrant colours, true blacks and better viewing angles, but susceptible to colour and brightness degradation over time(several years), also risk of burn-in (if you leave static image on screen for a prolonged time with high brightness)

Doesn't exist

I want this exact phone but with amoled screen and better cpu for the same price (€150)
why can't phone manufacturers just release the perfect budget phone?

Attached: xiaomi-redmi-note-4-pro-4gb-ram-dual-sim-64gb-global-grey-01.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

>for the same price
If you want quality then pay for it.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro has a better CPU and screen but no amoled. If that's too expensive get a job.

Lost my phone recently, what's the best Android phone under £100? I'm not against getting a pre-owned one.

I'm considering getting either a Samsung J7 Pro, or a Motorola G6.
I'm mostly going to use it to browse Jow Forums, use whatsapp, play my gacha games, and take pictures of my anime figures.

Oppo K1
>1080p AMOLED
>SD660
>4/6 Gb RAM
>64Gb storage
>3600 mAh battery
>$250
will launch in a month or so

Attached: Oppo-K1-600x450[1].jpg (600x450, 22K)

Moto Z2 Play or Z3 Play come the closest

It's actually available already as far as I know

Mi8 SE

>no micro SD card slot
But they kept the headphone jack... Why? Are these specs confirmed? Besides, locked bootloaders and garbage OEM firmware.

most people don't give a shit about SD card slot, however removal of headphone jack did generate moderate amount of outrage

Meh, this won't make it outside of China. Let them deal with it.

Alright niggers.
I have to stay with Apple, and I need a new phone, but I don't want to spend $1,000 fucking bucks on the new latest and greatest.
Which model iPhone would still be respectable, and last a couple years, without breaking my bank?
I'm looking at a 7 128 GB for around $500 atm.
Wanted /spg/'s thoughts though before I pull the trigger on anything.

YOULL NOTICE PRIORITIZATION WHEN YOU MOST NEED IT

STADIUM, TRAFFIC JAM, ANY CONGESTED PLACE WITH FAGGOTS FACETIMING

HOW STINGY THEY GET WITH THE DEPRIORITZATION IS UP TO THE CARRIER, A LOT OF THEM FUCK WITH QOS WAY TOO EARLY WHEN THE CELL STILL HAS PLENTY OF CAPACITY BECAUSE FUCK THEIR MVNOS

>I have to stay with Apple
Why, is it part of your hormone treatment or something?

>Why, is it part of your hormone treatment or something?
I'm already locked into apple ecosystem. E-mail, saved passwords in Safari, family photo sharing, etc. etc.
I don't feel like going through the hassle of changing all that shit just so Jow Forums can tell me "I did gud" by getting some chinkshit that will only save me a few shekels when I can still get a decent iPhone for a decent price.

That's not an ecocystem, that's a walled garden and you're a sucker. And no, no one is making fun of you. it's just that Apple users are generally immune to good advice. Now you're basically asking people to mock you.