Huawei's 3D scanner

Sup fa/g/s. In care you're like me and you've bought the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro and had no idea it has a 3D scanner function, here's a pro tip: It has a fucking 3D scanner function.
It doesn't use the camera, rather than the dot projection system used for face unlock.

It even kind of works. I mean it is very messy but I did it by hand so artifacts are expected.

Attached: IMG_20181124_141902.jpg (914x2264, 285K)

Attached: IMG-20181124-WA0031.jpg (725x824, 86K)

is it like a reverse 3d printer?

Yeah kinda, you scan it with this (3D scanners have been around for a while now) and then you can print it out

Attached: OBJ.png (1539x806, 174K)

>betatesting the chink 3d stealing tools
>for free

Npc getting updates from the botnet

I found a picture of you!

Scan your erect penis and post results.

3D PRINT A RETARDED MOTOR
>I'M MELTINGGG
THANKS CHINKWEI

THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF 3D SCANNERS IS THEIR ACCURACY MAKING THIS TRASH A USELESS MEME

ALSO HUAWEI IS GETTING BLACKLISTED ACROSS THE ANGLOSPHERE BECAUSE ITS LITERALLY UNIRONICALLY CHINK BOTNET

Accurate 3D scanners start at like 30k you retard.

SO THATS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR A 3D SCANNER WORTH A SINGLE SHIT

IF ITS NOT ACCURATE IN POINT ACQUISITION IT HAS NO PURPOSE AT ALL OTHER THAN BEING A RETARDED GIMMICK

lel merely mentioning Huawei something makes amerimutts butthurt
based Huechinkwei

Attached: ssa.png (652x703, 464K)

What possible use would a 3D scan be if it's less detailed than an MS paint drawing?

>caps-stuck butthurt amerilard
back to mcdonalds you go

Sex toys.

install gentoo

So anything with IR based face unlock has the same function then

>what is software

Something codemonkeys make?

This looks crude even by Kinect standards of 3D scanning. Photogrammetry is better than either anyway, and can be done with any decent camera.

This isn't for making totally accurate models. even an ugly distorted model can be used in an assembly for a rough size check, or you can use the model as, say, a background object in a game (nothing you want the player to interact with though).

Not anymore. You can get crazy quality with a dialed photogrammetry setup. Actually probably wind up spending about 30k in cameras and other gear.

now I can finally make low res assets for my g-mod game