/G502G/ - G502 General

lets talk about this great mouse, with everything from adjustable weights to free scroll wheel

Attached: G502 .jpg (1280x960, 50K)

g403 and g400 are better
/thread

you mean G400S.

also, 518 LEGEND coming soon. fuck all other mice

Heavy as fuck for its purpose, pain in the ass to clean, scroll wheel is rotting, so narrow it gives me cramps.

Go wireless or mx master race.

You know the MX master is just a rebranded g502

got this mouse, pretty satisfied with it. only as a replacement for the ultimate of claw grip mice, the g9. god i fucking miss that mouse.

>rebranded

Attached: thatword.jpg (284x177, 7K)

>adjustable weights
this has always been my favorite meme. I still have the little box that came with my long gone G500 with all those little weights, cute dumb gimmick

>same internals, same features, just the outer shell is different.
It's rebranded m8

If you had to rank the corsair harpoon,g pro Logitech or g600 logitech how would you rank them trying to decide on a mouse

>Logitech scams gamers into buying these meme mice
>when esports cunts use simple looking mice like the G Pro, G403 and the other wireless one that doesn't look tacky and gaymurrr

Kek

Fucking this. After disappointed by meme logitech mouses, G403 restore all the faith.

Attached: littlecollection.jpg (1920x948, 486K)

the 403 just looks like what a mouse should look like. like if there was a "standard issue" mouse that would be it

lets talk about the great pointy angular mouse feet that catch on every cloth mousepad

the thumb rubber part is literally starting to fucking disappear after 3 years of normal use.

Attached: 1541971029270.jpg (705x1000, 114K)

>Braided cable

how hard are you gripping that mf

plantronics was never relevant

Attached: 1528737055837.jpg (496x478, 40K)

is there another mouse that on top of the left, right and middle click has the same amount of other buttons as the g502? (must have middle clickers left and right tilt)

I have a g502 and I it's perfect for extra commands I want but man this thing is ugly to look at on my desk

>hurr durr what is spraypaint

you should pay even more for that mouse, I would raise prices 2X if I'd be logitech. market it as the next new level shit, embrace some stupid shit like suddenly metal clickers or soemthing.
amnazing, pay. buy another one. buy it again, it's really good.

>That image
Bitches love Switches.

HAMWA NOCH PEPS

I could never return to a mouse which doesn't have a free scroll wheel. It's extremely comfortable when browsing the web.

I also like the thumb rester. I always had problems with my thumb dragging over the mousepad and wondered why they just didn't add a little platform for that.

Especially when using Linux, like advised by the sticky from RMS and Terry.

Attached: 1528662113805.jpg (640x623, 70K)

razer is literal spyware so I can't use my deathadder any longer, does the g502 run custom settings without drivers?
I'm too used to using m4 for middleclick and middleclick for function buttons

how else could I bang your sis, huh

You can't customize anything without the drivers for it, you can't use hardware without some sort of driver.
If you want to customize how buttons behave with a logitech mouse you have to use their SetPoint program.

you can save settings to the mouse and THEN use it with generic drivers, but to change the settings yeah you need the proprietary drivers

I hated my g502 until I replaced the feet with hotline gaming feet.

Just recently swapped over to the G Pro Wireless. Blows the g502 away, makes it feel like a retarded meme piece of crap. How the fuck is this still praised as the GOAT gamer mouse? It's incredibly light. Makes me wonder if I should change my keyboard switches all over to a light switch instead of the box navies I'm using.

Ive had this for about 4 years now and it is vastly superior so kindly FUCK OFF

Attached: B00CJD4HD2_G500s_CTG[1].jpg (300x330, 11K)

I hate it. The buttons jam and the sniper button is completely ueless for me. Weights are a meme..

Switched to G Pro wireless from the wired G pro and this mouse is amazing the only thing that sucks is the price tag but im not poor.

Is it a good pet/toy/shill (those three are interchangeable)?

What does the G502 primarily shill? Intel? Amd? Nvidia? Amd? Come on man, you have all the info accessible. Share it, mr logitech employee.

These type of mice are the future you filthy low button peasants.

I don't even play MMO shit, but having this many buttons and mapping them all to Windows, browsing and software tasks is such a massive fucking improvement over any other mouse or using slow keyboard shortcuts.

I'll never go back.

Attached: yee.jpg (1385x1169, 52K)

Logitech is the brand you retard.
MX Master is the upgrade for MX Revolution.

What exactly do you map to your buttons? I have forward/back and a button to throw windows to the other monitor, and one to open a new chrome window. What else do you find useful?

Wrong.

Their sensors are. The rest is plastic trash. Plastic. Plastic. Same shit that your hot pockets are being wrapped in.

Not him, but

Close tab
Open tab
Reopen last tab
Previous tab
Next tab

Great mouse. I had mine for about 4 years also, but it started producing an awful whine when not in motion. Now I'm using the 502.

>Close tab
>Open tab
>Reopen last tab
>Previous tab
>Next tab

Is this for jerking off? All of this is easily reachable with the left hand, with Ctrl shortcuts. To each his own I guess.

I have shortcuts for Volume up/down, Task Manager, CTRL+ALT+DELETE, ALT+TAB, Nvidia Shadowplay/Record/Stream.

For browsers i have close tab, new tab, tab switch, mute tab, URL bar select (so i can press a button and just type), bookmarks sidebar, as well as the obvious forward/back.

I also use Photoshop and Blender a lot, so all the buttons are taken up with shoftcuts for them. I switch between software profiles at the click of a button.

Unlike all over mouse over had over 20 years, this mouse doesn't wear down and there's no shitty paint or some kinda cover material that wears off over time. Fucking hated Logitech mice for that. Plain plastic is best and lasts.

Yes, it is for jerking off

I open a lot of pixiv tabs

What would you chose between g pro and corsiar harpoon

ooga booga

Why are mouse names so stupid?

I've had one since 2014, it's great and still works perfectly.

It sucks so clean because of all the grooves and indents and I don't like the texture of the scroll wheel.

Yes, once you done with your key mapping, you don't need the Logitech gaming software anymore.
But you need to save that with on-board memory.

My scroll wheel button broke and it's not too rare apparently

Logitech's braided cable is bad and I know that. Still G403 cable is better than G502.
G102 is the best here though.

>Heavy as fuck
True but i came from the g700 so i'm used to the weight
>pain in the ass to clean
Most annoying thing ever. Would not have gotten the mouse for that design if mine wasnt only 39 bucks.
>scroll wheel is rotting
True. And annoying to click since its a 4 way wheel.
>so narrow it gives me cramps
Only had that problem for a few days then I got used to the form.
So in overall the G502 isn't perfect.
The Buttons and the sensor are good.

Not daddy's mouse :^)

Attached: 1497658140372.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

How come only Logitech gets shill threads on Jow Forums when Finalmouse, Mionix, Steelseries (no don't have their past problems), and a bunch of others are objectively better and don't look like the mecha gerbil that a transformer shoves up his ass?

Because Logitech is objectively better than trash you list here.
Not with the G502 though.

Don't mind me, just passing through with a clearly superior product

Attached: 03_rival600_kv_dual_hero.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png (1200x800, 513K)

>518
You mean G5 legend?

Best mouse I've ever used. And I came from a G9x.

I'm very interested in rival 600, but then the bully hunter got me.

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*

Attached: huge_019.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

G502 is perfect. But sadly my left scroll click just stopped responding.

Attached: MX518 Legendary.jpg (640x640, 42K)

g502s is eh, g500s is where it's at. button placement doesn't feel awkward compared to whre your hand rests on the mouse, and infact feels betetr.

they all look the same
which one should I buy?
wired or wireless?

The one made by Apple

kike

Wired if you could manage the stiff as fuck cable. Wireless if your signal interference is minimal.

mine started double clicking after three years, best mouse ever

Attached: 1522014098036.gif (600x502, 37K)

Open your mouse and bend the spring inside the switches, it might help.
I'm just fixing my brand new mouse with too-fucking-light-click with that trick.

Their gayming mice and office mice use different branding tho. The MX master uses the exact same platform as the G502, with the only difference being the outer shell. They both use the same sensor, they both use the same buttons, they both use the same PCB, they both use the same internal documentation.

I have a g402 am I allowed to post here

Attached: 8291F944CB4E442C913C33CFFC894813.jpg (577x807, 105K)

>g502 is the same with mx master
No they don't. Buttons placements, sensor is all different.

It is tho. They use the same parts with the same internal layout. Even logitech themselves refer to the the g502 as part of the MX family because they are almost identical.

Find me a document that say it's the same then.

>his mouse still has wires

>his mouse has a planned obsolescence inside

This.
I don't give a shit about detachable buttons, but 12 extra buttons is the minimum for what I use.
It's even better since software other than browsers are slowly adapting the same keybinds for tab navigation.

>it's not exactly the same with another name slapped on
not a rebrand, look up the definition of the word you stupid cunt

Logitech's "gaming software" works with everything. I have Firefox and Excel as "games" so my keybindings change as I switch between the two.
Also it constantly phones home about who knows what so be sure to block it from connecting to the internet.