3.8 GPA in CS, 2.1 GPA in math

CS/math double major here. I fell for the meme. I decided to take on both CS and math. I have a 3.8 GPA in CS but only a 2.1 GPA in math. My GPA is ruined for job searches and for grad school.

Attached: crying.jpg (700x700, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUH5QGRsnQY
archive.jsonline.com/news/crime/112005999.html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How?

Didn't you post this thread like yesterday? You still a retard

I have never had any interviewer ask me what my GPA was.
youtube.com/watch?v=uUH5QGRsnQY

Any retard can get a 4.0 in CS. It's why employers treat them like dirt.

Attached: CS degree jobs.png (823x378, 56K)

While what you say isn't false, I feel like your post, the original post in your image and the reply in your image have nothing to do with each other.

Any retard can get 4.0 in CS because CS is taught as a shitty vocational field and what few bastions of academicness to it that still exists have all retreated to the graduate levels.

The original poster in the Youtube video you're presenting me for some reason is spouting a bunch of conflicted bullshit with entirely aesthetic justifications that have nothing to do with anything that you would expect of youtube post.

The reply is somewhat interesting, but it's far more telling of the modern discipline of linguistics which has become formalized to the degree of virtually mimicking second-order logic than it is about how... I don't know what he's implying... that "anyone who learns anything knows how to code because it's all pretty much the same shit"?

CS is easier than math. you need to be the king of brainlets to do poorly in CS

close to the same situation here 4.0 in CS and math is so embarrassing i wont even mention it. i didnt realize i was too stupid for math till half way through junior year and by then i was in too deep and all the classes got even harder and everything got even worse. just fuck up my life.

Attached: 1523866926592.png (709x765, 328K)

if you are a competent programmer then it doesnt matter, people who are good get jobs without university degree, what matters is your knowledge and skills and also your portfolio. So what have made/designed during all this time that you will use to impress your future employer?

however if you are a brainlett, who needs his employer to give him something to do (code monkeying) then you are screwed

I can't believe I'm going to get a fucking C in Calc1.
It's all downhill from here.

study more boi

You just need a firm handshake and eye contact to get a job. The HR department doesn't even look for degrees or qualifications when responding back to applicants.

spot on
most of my interviews for internships were all behavior questions
people seem surprised i got into ibm and cisco but they didnt even ask me to do fizzbuzz (learned nothing at ibm anyway)
HR shouldnt have anything to do with hiring besides background checks, they bring on lots of shit candidates

I'm a junior developer that reviews resume for a tech company. We trash any GPA over a 3.0. They almost always fail the coding test when if we clear the resume screening, anyway.

The reality is that competent people don't get a shit GPA and if you've a shit GPA, you can go to the hundreds of shops that just require mindlessly churning out CRUD apps. For the jobs that require you to actually have skills? Well, they'll look past your GPA once you have 10+ years of experience.

>Screencapping youtube comments for support
Holy shit please don't ever do that again, not even worth reading your post.

3.6gpa in EE
4.0gpa in math

>lying on the internet

What's wrong with yt comments?

Attached: CS major builds a computer for verge.png (936x477, 78K)

just a regular day on internet

>CS major builds a computer.png
>Reposting youtube comments

Attached: 1542775220943.png (500x801, 163K)

>nearly electrocuted himself
What a fucking exaggeration

He's mad is not a user discussion. Type the same shit on a thread with different ips and then he will treat you better

>implying youtube isn't just video Jow Forums

Attached: hood honor roll.png (816x178, 31K)

In the case of the linguist, he picks up programming easily because he has training and likely a very strong internal ability to look at a language and, without having deep knowledge of the actual meaning of the text he is looking at, make sense of some of the general rules and structure of the language in which it is written. This is very relevant to programming, because the logic and rules are basically all there is to understanding a programming language. You can pick up the rest of it, meaning wise, as you practice.

What he says next about anyone learning it is that programming involves a lot of mental things that are found in a bunch of other hobbies/disciplines/jobs/etc and once a person finds the angle they need to look through the lens to make sense of programming and hook it into their currently existing framework of knowledge, they can start applying their skills and abilities.

That's how I went about learning to program. My degree is a BS in psychology, now I work in cybersec for the government. Once I began seeing programming as creating an entity and defining behaviors and reactions, it allowed me to link it all in. I learned CLisp first, now I work in some ML bullshit. It's way more fun than psych lab work.

>honor roll student

Bullshit, she was a cheerleader. Jow Forums was wrong again,
archive.jsonline.com/news/crime/112005999.html/

>"internship matter more"
>literally 2 months learning to make basic CRUD with Django and Node
>company report is just "punctual and friendly"

Attached: 1515924399657.png (155x189, 70K)

Back in my day, your anus would be annihilated for posting images that did not conform to the 13 character default file name from Jow Forums downloads. Hell, even if you used .png instead of .jpg you would get harassed sometimes. Let alone uploading fucking youtube screencaps.

Attached: 1542735220821.png (500x402, 74K)

The reason for this is if you name your image files, you've given up your anonymity. Fuck, back in the day if you didn't manually scrub the exif data from your screencaps / any photos you downloaded outside of Jow Forums, motherfuckers would use this one weird trick to find your social media accounts and dox you. Boards were brutal back then

>Back in my day, your anus would be annihilated for posting images that did not conform to the 13 character default file name from Jow Forums downloads

Fuck off back to >>>/reddit/

I don't understand your response newfag, I've been here since reddit was conceived. But back in my day, it was back to 9gag. I miss those days

my gpa never came up in my job interviews (graduated summa cum laude). what did come up was tutoring, teaching assistant, side projects, internship

and nobody will ever look at your college stuff after you get your first job

Honestly, 9gag was pretty based compared to reddit desu. It still preserved early internet board culture and didn't have upvotes, karma, gold etc. I fucking hate reddit. Hopefully one day it will perish

>9gag
>early internet board culture
What the fuck am I reading? Shut the fuck up, retarded "me gusta"-posting zoomer embryo.

Sounds about right. What were you expecting in math? An easy 3.0?

Not OP but I'm more frustrated with my own incompetence. It's quite the slap in the face to realize you're not nearly as intelligence as you may have thought.

Is the original still up? All the tech channels were frothing at the mouth to shit on this guy, so I can't seem to find it.

>13 character default file name from Jow Forums downloads.
...you mean a UNIX timestamp?
fucking hell

No.

>tfw 4.0 GPA on both maths and CS
>tfw 2.0 GPA on literally everything else outside sciences
I just hate doing work outside class hours aaaaaaaaa

Attached: Despair.png (318x470, 52K)

Attached: Screenshot_20181124-212425~01.png (1080x511, 64K)

Fuck off.

>GPA
>Job searches

Attached: black mage stupid.jpg (177x219, 19K)

Its the result of this. Its reddit for the environment of mostly kids. Reddit can sometimes have good posts, people posting with no care for karma. But in youtube, you have fucks like Justin Y for example. Its all about memes, the world is burning, everybody is an expert, and the voters of the appearance of comments are on average 12-15 years of age.

Some jobs will ask for your transcipts but most don't

Or Pajeet lol

Double major in Math/CS too, graduated 2017, got hit by a car and broke my arm (lol) and got sidetracked from looking for a job. How the FUCK do I enter the field as a brainlet with no personal projects. I just want a job

Some jobs can fuck right off then.

i dont have any time for those things. Doing a double major means im doing twice the work in the same amount of time.

>he thinks his gpa will get him a better job

Attached: 1t0amw.jpg (600x399, 58K)

Good companies don't even read your resume if your GPA sucks.

Since when do you put your gpa on your resume. Thats fucking stupid. I never did that and got jobs just fine.

Not putting it on there just signals that you have a shitty one and you are trying to hide it

Should've dropped one of those majors in favour of personal projects.

I'm working on a second bachelors in CS and am currently getting my ass handed to me in calc.

Not even at calc II yet and already feel like a retard.

Attached: difosjsdlkfjl3423432.png (600x389, 243K)

It's ok user, I failed calc 1 and had to retake it, shit is hard

you could be dumb or its just be a looong time since you did math and if you did do it, you didnt go very far

it just takes a while to get into the jist of thing

if you really bad at math/low iq calc i and calc ii can be crammed and you do it by rote