Can't wait to buy super cheap GPUs

Attached: 1520117122117.png (244x243, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smartereum.com/3351/bitcoin-price-predictions-2018-bitcoin-will-reach-25000-in-2018-and-125000-by-2022-bitcoin-price-today-sat-nov-24/
youtube.com/watch?v=ACPhfH47j4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gpu prices aren't going to get any cheaper, mining has been unprofitable for half a year buddy

wow
I sure wonder what will happen when its unprofitable for too long, when they can no longer mine? Hmm

Cool, so you can play gaymz and shitpost like you doing now. Oh what a dream!

>-40% in a few days...
I wonder how many longs committed suicide by now.

Attached: oh lawd.png (1233x897, 66K)

Not in China, especially for the smaller coins with limited ASIC players.

not much, but keep hoping for a "good deal" like coiners keep hoping it'll "go up"

wait, wait, wait, be patient, hope good things come to you
after all, "good things come to those who wait"
continue living your idle life

is this bad? looks like a big bubble but i don't know if it really bursted or ti will stabilize again, is there any major adoption?

Attached: 2018-11-24-23:08:17_813x637_scrot.png (813x637, 36K)

The difference is those people are bearing a tremendous financial risk, while the most risk people who are waiting out to get GPUs are bearing is having lower FPS in gta for a couple months/years.

there are 6 posters itt, friendo.
I'm just here to remind you that you're a retard for not knowing what unprofitable businesses always do when closing shop.

>I'm just here to remind you
no, you're not in a position of knowledge in the first place
what happened in 2013 during the previous collapse was people started liquidating used 280x at about 40% cheaper than the msrp (not what they were bought at with inflated prices, but the msrp)
which is what we've already seen now
so no, don't bother hoping it goes lower

>tfw hold crypto and find the crash hilarious

Attached: 0036.png (577x166, 9K)

I watched BTC hit 100 USD on the old Clark Moody. I pulled all of my funds from Mt Gox over to Bitfinex before it shat the bed, because the writing on the wall was apparent. I now get regular updates in Japanese and English for the "refund process". I've been a mod in #bitcoin-pricetalk. I laughed at DPR. I laughed at Karpeles. I laughed at theymos. I was there and watched the 2012 halvening. I even mined on my shit computer during 2011.

I'm not "in the scene" at all anymore.
I'm also not OP, so you're confusing me with someone who wants cheat GPU's and/or coins.

>I sure wonder what will happen when its unprofitable for too long, when they can no longer mine?
some former miner will pull a 51% attach and bitcoin will reach 0

That right there is most definitely what you would call a bubble. A bubble doesn't mean the industry is nonviable, it just means that money was being put into it explicitly because of some mania that caused people thought the money would grow forever. See the housing bubble and the dot com bubble.

have fun when it stops trading

your post doesn't say anything relevant to a conversation, why are you replying to me?
i don't care who you are

Attached: 1543097928423.png (1959x637, 63K)

that's because the post I replied to contained an ad-hom "you're not in a position of knowledge in the first place". hence the reply. should be apparent.

>I don't care who you are
then you wouldn't have brought me up

satanic trips

heavenly dubs

we were talking about gpu prices

so you basically just have to wait 10 years for the next bull run? neat

Why the fuck do people think bitcoin is mined with gpus?

Doesn't Satoshi Nakamoto own like the first million bitcoins? He's gotta be wondering if there's some way for him to cash out half of them before the ride ends.

you're welcome

Attached: vitalik.buterin.jpg (341x341, 50K)

Why the fuck don't normies understand that asic resistant cryptos exist?

woah

AND YOU COULD HACK IT ALL
MY PORTFOLIO OF DUST
IT'LL ONLY LET YOU DOWN
IT'LL ONLY MAKE YOOOOUU...

Attached: 1534295795190.jpg (633x758, 110K)

JUST

Attached: 1522388204759.png (208x250, 22K)

please be kind to Jow Forums and don't laugh at them,
thanks

You paying with bitcoins?

>wanted to get a nice cheap(er) 1080ti
>prices spike

Attached: 1527043430938.jpg (294x282, 36K)

I feel like offing myself.
But I already cashed our 50x of my 10k investment.
But it still hurts.

initial: $500
ATH: $350k
current: $30k

holy fuck is there anyone on this board more JUST than me?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 20.09.35.png (378x376, 213K)

Justed with 60x roi.

$1k -> $1.1 mill -> $16k
here... fuck bitcoin and fuck altcoins desu

AHAHAHAHA

I had to check the charts after I saw this and HOLY SHIT

What percentage of mining is done on GPU rigs I was under the impression any serious mining was done on the asc (whatever acronym) rigs.

I don't imagine they'll drop for long scientific workloads use GPUs not to lol, so its not exactly one dimensional.

GPUs are already pretty much normal

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: obliterar.gif (500x381, 377K)

dont worry they'll be back next wave

>the top end gpu costs twice as much this gen than previous
>the enthusiast gpus cost 100 bucks more at msrp

Attached: 1542878814041.png (900x729, 129K)

With jews you lose
just wait for navi to force nvidia to drop prices

nice bought 100k

How dumb are you

Don't buy used cards from miners, dumbass. They'll die on you within a week.

Lol, I am pretty sad but at least I already sold most of it over time.

>want to buy a 2xxx series gpu
>they are garbage
skipping gens chad

Attached: laughingdrugdealers.png (888x483, 503K)

>using GPUs for buttcoin
>using GPUs for games
>not using GPUs for AI
never gonna make it

checked

why did you retards sell when it was down 50% from the ATH?
Greed is crazy...

if it makes you feel any better, it was all Monopoly money until you realized your earnings

Can they be recycled? Just pisses me off that this fucking went on and just screws our environment.

I stopped supporting AMD after they failed to stop it, and just rode the wave.

A company that doesn't look after it's main consumer should fail.

>havent used buttcoin because I want to wait on ryzen 3000 before spending
>my buttcoin falls off the cliff
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Statistically speaking, the mechanical components like the fans on a GPUs are way more likely to fail than the electrical components like the board itself.

You're going to be waiting a while or buying used. Good luck with that.

This kills the miner.

Attached: 1543114737230.jpg (601x552, 111K)

>having to pay for electricity
what country do you live in? a capitalistic shithole?

Sometimes bankroll management is way more important than predicting trends. Noone will always predict a trend, but if you cash out a part of your earnings and never invest more than you should, you can make profits in the long run. Btc was a big bubble, but it was pretty easy to make some money with it.

It doesn't matter which coin is being mined, everything rides the Bitcoin wave except those tied to other currencies (like USD).
It's not just Bitcoin falling, everything is falling.

Why didn't you cash out dude or at least buy a house

see

Is there any reason why that is so? It's weird that almost the whole cyrpto market alweays moves in th same direction.

>is there any major adoption?
No, and that's the trouble.
Hype and hope for adoption drove the prices up. A year of basically no good news has brought the prices tumbling back down.
Anyone still left holding these coins by the end of January is seriously going to regret it. Even now there are going to be a number of companies who built their businesses on crypto who will be folding in weeks and adding more bad news to the mix.

i hope they all kts

Bitcoin is the poster child of cryptocurrencies. The yardstick used to gauge the health of the market. It has the most market value, so, like if the New Zealand Dollar has a bad day, no one really cares but if the USD has a bad day, other countries get apprehensive. It's not technically the best cryptocurrency in terms of technology and implementation but it is the most well known.

says the nigga doing it wrong.

this is a good analogy

So you're 16x up. Why are you complaining?

>no adaption
Yes there is. Other than the original ability to trade things of value digitally, especially games, the next big thing will be crypto credit/debit cards. Crypto will replace ALL banks with automated global digital asset management. This recent downtrend is just the mania bubble popping. There is a floor, and Bitcoin/Ethereum will NEVER go back down to zero or pennies because value was put into coins and infrastructure.

Nope.
>Other than the original ability to trade things of value digitally, especially games
Took a big hit when Steam dropped crypto as a payment option. Companies that pick it up as a payment option tend to drop it fairly quickly because it's hard to get transferred into cash quickly and the volatility means you can lose worth on the product you deliver easily.
I can see crypto credit/debit cards becoming a thing, but literally because you can make a cut off them for fairly little effort and less risk than the user of the card.

Crypto won't die out completely, but the top coins are basically walking corpses at this point. Seeing mining is required in order to process transactions, once the worth is below the cost of mining you're literally losing money to keep the coin going. Now, different places have different costs of power, and some farms may have paid substantial amounts for solar/wind installations to subsidize the grid costs, but there's only so long Bitcoin, in particular, can last at sub-$4k. And the cost of mining coins is INCREASING.

The only way to really solve this is to stop this whole investment bullshit and diversify crypto more evenly, probably also abandon proof of work so that coins don't become too difficult to mine too quickly.

why would it stop trading? who do you think is buying all this low-price coin?

Exchanges, mostly. They can't really afford to not buy your coin, it'd be like a company refusing to do business.
They have some of the biggest liability here because they're the ones likely to end up holding the coins if it goes belly up.

The delusion of some people is pretty astounding though.
smartereum.com/3351/bitcoin-price-predictions-2018-bitcoin-will-reach-25000-in-2018-and-125000-by-2022-bitcoin-price-today-sat-nov-24/

youtube.com/watch?v=ACPhfH47j4A

you just woke up?
it's been cheap for months.

i bought my rx 570 for 25% what the miner paid. i paid $100. yes, he paid $400, came with receipt.

I'm not talking about Steam, I'm talking you can just pay developers directly, and games that are built using crypto as basically an in game currency.

Yep, AI isn't happening any time soon.

AI exists, it's just not real intelligence, the name is stupid but there are useful applications.

You do realize, the new one RX 570 8GB is $190 max? Fucking degenerates, ffs

Even deader.

My quads say otherwise, blasphemer.

Attached: TheEmperor_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

why do fucking morons seem to think bitcoin made GPUs expensive?
like why are people so fucking dumb?

Attached: DURRR.jpg (645x729, 41K)

I never invested in buttcoins because it made no sense.

Back in days when it was being used to buy drugs on silkroad there was an actual value to them.

Now? Theres 10 trillion kinds of coisn and they are used to trade what exactly?

Because it was only through the popularity and rise of Bitcoin worth that other coins were worth mining.

>Theres 10 trillion kinds of coisn and they are used to trade what exactly?
Your money to someone else.

So basically it was a game of grab bag/chicken on a global scale.

I bought a GTX 1080 for 480€ during the summer and I have not seen it cheaper since, nor have I seen the roughly equivalent RTX 2070 at that price.

I think today's prices are unaffected by crypto entirely.

GPU prices were only inflated by OEMs and not Bitcoin you mongoloids.
Nvidia and AMD saw HUGE profits when their GPUs went from 7% markup to 100%.

AI is a field of study that happens to have a poorly chosen name.