I just bought this. I plan on installing Mac OS on it

I just bought this. I plan on installing Mac OS on it.

Did I fuck up?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 4.50.18 PM.png (1826x728, 500K)

This is my main rig.

No, you did not.

Install Gentoo.

Very overpriced.

I plan on installing Mac OS on it and attaching it to the back of my monitor.

Seemed like a good size for it and so much more powerful than the Mac Mini.

It's a cool little device, but unless you have a real need for its form factor you can get a normal PC which will be faster or cheaper, if not both. You fucked up if you don't specifically need its performance in such a small package, you could've paid way less for a PC with a 4C/8T CPU, 16GB RAM and like ~GTX 1060 performance.

Why are you attaching it to the back of your monitor? You can just hide it under a desk if you're concerned about minimalism.

It's form factor is precisely why I opted for it. I am tight on space and need to clear up my desk

Why Mac OS?

Agreed with this. I ended up paying ~$2k for mine with 32GB of RAM and 1TB of NVME storage.

I bought it to free up a ton of desk space and I mounted it on my wall.

Attached: hades.png (1790x945, 2.43M)

My monitor is attached to a desk arm. But yes I could probably attach it under the desk as well

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 5.00.05 PM.png (1106x914, 446K)

what is the display that says 1835k?

It's called a LaMetric Time.

Did you really need to pay $2k for those specs just to mount them on a wall? Couldn't you put your PC on the floor or something? It doesn't have to sit on your desk.

botnet

Of course I didn't.

But I wanted to.

Mac OS is best (graphical) OS.

Sure, though that's never a decision I could actually understand. I mean you paid $2k for worse performance than you could've had just because it's mounted on a wall, that's essentially incomprehensible to me.

I knew the performance I /needed/, roughly a 7700K (I run it at 4.5GHz). I also don't game so the ~1060 Max-Q performance it comes with is also more than sufficient.

I spent the extra ~$800 for the "aesthetics", and to increase the usable space on my desk.

Been on OS X / Mac OS for the last 15 years. I'm just used it.

>I plan on installing Mac OS on it.
>Did I fuck up?
Yes, macOS won't work on that thing

>Did you really need to
The guy has three monitors, a 60% mech keyboard, an mmo mouse, a desk pad, one of those meme microphone things that I don't even know the name of but I can easily tell is completely overkill for talking with his playmates on discord.
No, he didn't need the mini pc nor any of this shit.

Something tells me he has checked with osx86 before the purchase. Maybe common sense?

It is a pretty good rig. It gets hot so don't overclock it.

I've checked the first link about hackintosh on this thing, and post from yesterday and older report that they still can't make graphics acceleration to work without glitches, whatever vega it uses is not natively supported on macos

>tfw new Mac Mini can't even run a single 4k display without jittery animations

they were so close

Attached: 1534279859056.jpg (448x478, 31K)

user I don't even play games.

and it's 4 monitors now, that photo was from July kek

I'm a full stack software developer; the extra monitors are invaluable.

>rig
this just hurts my ears

Why? Are you blind and using text to speech?

You're about a decade too late to stop that.

Nice trips m'lad.

Mac OS can install on non-proprietary hardware.

I'd pay the apple tax just to not have that scull on it

You can turn it off.

>fagOS
You fucked up.

Monitors, a mouse with extra buttons, a good microphone and things like that at the very least do something, even if it's not strictly necessary. They may improve functionality/quality in some way, even if minor. Spending more money to mount your system on the wall really doesn't. I'm sure it would've been cheaper to mount a sturdy shelf to the wall and put a regular PC there too.

It's a gaming laptop without a screen that costs even more

I'm not sure how much worse you could do.

>Too poor for larger room or desk.
>Way overspends on PC.
>Keep being poor retard.

Does this thing have decent Linux support?

Pretty standard hardware, I would be surprised if it didn't

enjoy your broken fan in a few months

>i wasted $800
never gonna make it

>thinks spending $800 for convenience and aesthetic is "wasting" money

Not everyone flips burgers for a living.

I'll replace it if it breaks

RE: DESK SPACE

What is wrong with putting the computer on the floor, under the desk?

It's cold on the floor.

Attached: 1498927347382.jpg (480x602, 66K)

autism

its also like 1700 dollars, but a mac mini is ridiculous to price wise, is there a need for the form factor? Mac OS seems like it would be a nightmare to get going then again I've never installed it on a non apple machine, why not just use ubuntu, its pretty similar ui wise or are you looking for apple services and shit.

Yeah, I might do that too. Honestly I'd be okay with Windows as well. Windows 10 is decent and these days I'm actually having to work with a ton of Microsoft technology stacks so it wouldn't be a bad idea.

>$1700
>8 GB 2400 MHz RAM

JUST

Attached: Just.png (1124x929, 166K)

>fucked up?

Only if you paid over $900 for it.

my late 2016 mbp can run a 4k monitor usb c -> dp fine

Aesthetics? Your entire setup looks like some dusty ass nigger shed all over your desk and mousepad and the LED trash shit that you have on display is embarrassing. Grow up.

Carpet is a thing. Same with vacuuming. Plus leg room. Being 6 foot 3 or more leg space is prime with a desk.

isnt a micro itx with a graphic card half the price and double the performance?

yeah so can a computer from 2008, but apparently, you missed the part that said "without jittery animations"

>stop liking what I don't like

literally kys

> 1TB hard drive / 1TB fusion drive
don't do that

How is this fucker for video editing? i'm assuming if i stick 32gb ram in it and twin 970 pros, one as a scratch disk.. it flies?

I've seen videos of the hades used for audio work and this fucking thing runs hundreds of audio tracks in shit like cubase/reaper with like a 100plug ins and doesnt break a sweat.

Thats pretty sick for a little system you can just throw behind a 27-40inch 4k screen on a desk.