Where do the extra KBs come from?

Where do the extra KBs come from?
Why do they add lines of code to do literally the same shit?

Attached: bloat.png (1085x511, 36K)

botnet

metadata?

Left is Windows 98 SE; center is last Windows 7 update; right is last Windows 10 update.

>created date
w-what? h-how is that possible?

some wizard here once referenced "software bloat" complaints from UNIX conference in the 70s

closing exploits and supporting more text encoding

It shows the last time it was copied through explorer.

What? They made actual changes to notepad so i'm confused why you are asking why the filesize increased.

yes, extra lines of code to spy and record you better

I don't know a lot about windows gui applications but I would assume that some of the added bulk could be due to the fact that interfacing with the windows 10/7 display server is more involved than with the 98 display server

Each block on the hard drive is 4 KB, so if you have a text file that has 500 bytes of text, it will still take up 4 KB of space on the hard drive, because you have to do it in 4 KB increments.

Except he is speaking about an exe not a txt.

you are both retarded
or im falling for really dumb bait

Fucking dumb faggot stutterposter

they're mitigating exploits minimalist fags can't even comprehend

telemetry and ads

Probably the size of the translucent icon grew to accommodate higher resolution displays. Windows 98 didn't need to do that.

Bloatpad.

Does it still go into Chinese if you write "Bush hid the facts", save it and then open it?

Left is from a shortcut, center is on a different file system, and the right is in the default location on the default file system.

learn assembly

They switched from floats to decimal calculation at some point, that probably contributed.