Search youtube for a guide w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: Toto.jpg (490x360, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/QkTCvn
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ydr6jy
coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-lite-5/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820012086
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Cridly/saved/dpPGGX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for amd is shit

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png (500x1490, 96K)

>itt; pic related

Attached: 1530498171074.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

fpbp

Would you buy a used gpu for $50 if it's possibly damaged? I have an r9 280x that I'll be swapping out and every now and then it'll shit the bed and cause the display drivers to crash, and needing a reboot to get it working again. It only really happens after being above 70°C for extended periods of time. I want to sell it off, but I'm not really sure if I should even bother

>we learn you can gain 10% more performance in conjunction with a GTX 1080ti if you spend $250 more on an 8700k/Z370 over a 2600X/B450...
>on 1080p
STOP THE PRESS

Added some more stuff, do you have any recommendations for 75hz monitors? This one is a IPS but just general recommendation would be nice. pcpartpicker.com/list/QkTCvn

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ydr6jy

I'll pick out cases, screens and storage later

It'll just get worse. Please don't do a dodgy to someone else, just bin it once you replace it.

Or you can just get B-die for $45-$70 extra.

Yeah, considering I bought it used in the first place, I guess I should just retire it. It's served me well enough

Looks good, but don't bother with a mini unless it's required to fit in an enclosure. The minis just make too many compromises to the power delivery, not a problem for lower power 1060s and the like, but on something like a 1070ti it'll have just that little bit harder time maintaining boost clocks.
>I'll pick out cases...
Get a Versa H15, and be part of the /pcbg/ meme

what are the best low, mid, and high end options for an AM4 socket cpu cooler, and which gives the most bang for the buck?

So the gayman kang is back to normal price or is some special sale stuff? Intlel remembered how to produce cpus or what

Attached: kang.png (1188x794, 485K)

It's not worth getting unless you're using a 1080Ti/2080ti at 1080p, or 2080Ti at 1440p.
And even still, 9700k would be better there.

It's a sale. If an 8700k is what you want, I'd strongly advise to buy at that price, because their production problems haven't been solved overnight.

An extra $80 for what? i7-8700k should be at 100.7% if my drunken math is right

>do you have any recommendations for 75hz monitors?
Quite honestly no, I don't. Read loads of reviews and search for deals;keep your eyes peeled. Pcpartpicker isn't too good for monitors, many options missing.

Any ideas why my motherboard is now more than twice as expense as what I paid for it? Is it simply because it's no longer in production?

Oh i was hoping that prices would go back to normal, meh

I ment 100.7%ish on this chart

recommend a good cheap 1080p 144hz VA monitor pls

8700k won't magically make your games run .7% faster or whatever you're trying to say when you're GPU bottlenecked. That's not how it works.

MSI Optix or whatever it's called. some user found a nice one for $180 the other day.

Yeah i know that, i was trying to say that an 8700k overclocked at 5GHz is the best top end value cpu for gaming at $340.

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x1050, 46K)

probably, some seller being opportunistic or hoping to sucker someone in

well if you plan on throwing it away
you could give it to someone/me

my 9600k with free cod4 key came in the mail today. mail man dumped it in the snow. fucking niggers

Attached: 20181124_203142.jpg (2048x1152, 835K)

The Fag24c?

>for gaming at $340 with $800+ of GPU under some situations
Yes, if that's what you were trying to say.
If you're trying to say someone should get an 8700k with a 2080 at 1440p, you're retarded.

ok

he was pre-cooling it for your rig

>tfw dat 8700K value for burgers
>tfw it's $460 in ur cunt

bump

I got a 2700x on a killer discount and now I need to find something to cool it before the discounts go away

Attached: ChickenGame.jpg (577x700, 63K)

Best cheap one is the Freezer 13. Generally around $30-$35.
Best high end value is probably the Ninja 5 with Arctic fans on it, or Le Grande Macho RT.

What did he mean by that?
>inb4 stutters out of the ass

Attached: relative-performance-games-2560-1440.png (500x1490, 93K)

Or er Freezer 33. Not 13. I mean sometimes 13 it depends.

You're the one stuttering.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-11-21_16-04-19.png (1169x500, 158K)

Looking for monitor recommendations with the following specs.

32"
VA Panel
VRR support
Lowish input lag.

Any ideas?

>5GHz is the best top end value cpu for gaming at $340
Absolutely. High Coffeelake CPUs are currently objectively the best gaming CPUs. This is an irrefutable fact. But we've also got to put into context the situations in which they show an advantage. These anons are pretty spot on.

16GB of ram is standard now?
damn

>what did he mean by that
The fact your very graph shows the dimishing returns at higher resolution.

Any idea why my ram is only showing up as 799MHz in speccy when it's 1600MHz? Is speccy just not recognizing it properly? It seems to have the right frequency in task manager

Thank you for proving my pont, the only cpu better than an oced 8700k costs 66% more.

Is 1 stick of 16gb 3000mhz ddr4 ram better or worse than 2 8gb sticks?

you multiply it by 2 and then bam 1600mhz

>dual channel RAM
>option 1: buy two sticks now to make use of it, will have to throw them both out if I ever decide to upgrade
>option 2: buy one stick with double the size now to reserve myself an empty slot if I ever decide to upgrade
Wat do?

worse.
You want two sticks to take advantage of dual-channel.

Worse every single time, no exception. Always dual-channel whenever possible.

Because Speccy a shit.

Do you need to use your PC now or not? Choose wisely.

Thanks

Attached: 1377818736869.gif (235x180, 1.94M)

Why the fuck does everything, even mainboards, have a million rainbow LEDs on it nowadays? What kinda zoomer bullshit is this? Can you at least turn them off?

Attached: 1536526989297.gif (652x562, 626K)

so whats the difference between led ips and tn and all that shit with monitors? which ones the best?

You should be, even if it can be buried far into the BIOS' ass.

Why do you give a shit if you're putting it in a windowless black box?

best 75hz monitor for gaymin?

Because Taiwan

Attached: kitay-knr-tayvan-taybey-4626.jpg (2048x1365, 1.49M)

i need to make the final call for gaming 1080p, hoping to get 72-75 Hz.I know next to nothing about monitors...is IPS panel the best choice? are curved ok or just a big meme? how important is color accuracy and how do i find it out? amazon specs are not even complete or correct it seems so i don't know how to even choose.

Attached: 2018-11-25_03-00-04.png (1055x473, 126K)

sounds like everyone is preaching about it. extra space helps Windows keep a bigger cache and, having lived with 4 GB for years, i know that it's a giant pain to hit the ceiling, i would prefer to future proof and go up to 16.Unless ofc it's not a pc meant to handle new games or heavy requirement software.

IPS for breathtaking strolls is Skyrim, TN for sweeping scrubs in CS;GO. I personally prefer the colours IPS offers.
[spoilers] I don't play Skyrim [/spoilers]

The Acer Nitro is clearly the best there.
New model/panel, 4ms without blur reduction and 1ms with it.

AHVA/VA with blur reduction can be fine for CSGO now days.

Back in the early noughties I had a massive ducted fan cooler shaped like a jet engine with a manual knob, anything like this still exist? Noise be damned, if you cranked it up slowly it even sounded like a jet engine spooling up. So great.

If you want a jet engine sound, you can just pick up a RX480 blower version, that'll do the trick. Maybe someone in your neighbourhood still has a GTX 480 for double the 480 goodness.

>16GB of ram is standard now?
That's because everybody on Jow Forums uses Windows 10 and is LARPing as a Linux user

wow, who would buy a 9000 series?

LOL

8700k delid master race

>The Acer Nitro is clearly the best there.
New model/panel, 4ms without blur reduction and 1ms with it.

thanks user, i see the VG0 with almost identical specs is at similar price. what id the difference between the 2 monitors? does Vg0 have slightly better color accuracy? if yes i might buy that instead.

Agreed. It's the only Coffeelake chip worth considering, along with the locked 8700 if it's good value.

>Locked Intel

Attached: Raja Seal of Approuval.webm (444x250, 1.41M)

290X, Fermi, and Kepler blowers are a fuckload louder than the RX480 one.

Just look at the specs and reviews between the two.
I know there's a ton of models using the same panel and just slightly varying features.
Acer Nitro are good models in general, though. That's their top "gaming" line which typically doesn't sacrifice color, backlight, etc.

9700k is the best Intel CPU.
8700k's HT scales terribly, is architecturally flawed and security nightmare, and you can rarely tell if people doing the testing have the microcode updates installed or not and if their results are even accurate as a result.

Often I'd agree, but the 8700 still boosts to 4.6ghz. It gets to be dimishing returns much more over the 8700's stock boost speed.

Fuck windows 10, just spent the entire night reinstalling os/drivers/programs and transferring files because of M$ flawed technical directions.

Just a tip, don't leave any auxilliary drives plugged in to your system when installing W10.

Attached: 1478297736555.jpg (542x675, 44K)

Is Versa h15 a good case? I was planning on buying Corsair r100.

SU800 @$91 or 860 Evo @ $116.

Is the 860 worth it at $25 more?

Also I haven't been here since September, what's this 4channel shit?

It's cheap, externally compact (even against other mATX cases), great ventilation and supports two 240mm radiators. It feels a little cookie cutter, but the price more than reflects this.

Crucial memex500
>what's this 4channel
Ads money, world power by 2020

There's a 16GB 3200 kit for $110 with 16-18-18-38 from a brand I've never heard of, "V-Color"

and a 3200 kit with 16-18-18-36 , Corsair LPX for $130

does 36 vs 38 matter? is saving the $20 worth it?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.39.50 PM.png (698x628, 292K)

>closed off front panel

Attached: 1482259516549.jpg (620x400, 32K)

What's a good brand 1060? I read the OP, but I'd like to know the most popular option.

/ourcooler/ the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power.

guys please I need to know
the sale ends tonight
:)

:)) :))))

Attached: box.jpg (701x576, 129K)

i went from HDMI cable to display port but my monitor tells me there is no display port signal.

i check to see if they were secured and they were
do i have a fault Display port cable or is there a way to tell the GPU to start with the DP instead of HDMI

Reminder that 3000mhz cl15 = 3200mhz cl16
Also Corsair is more reliable.

i bought this coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-lite-5/

i also added 3 120mm fans on the front, but i can't help but notice that the cross section of air-intake in the front is absolutely tiny, something like 12 cm^2 on the bottom front.Is it enough or did i get fucked and i am going to have to remove the front panel everytime i fire a vidya?
note that power supply got its own circuit on the bottom and seems to be fine.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820012086

Am I missing something here? Numbers-wise this seems compatible with the motherboard I was suggested yesterday, should I go for it or hope for better on Cyber Monday?

>Also Corsair is more reliable.
are you familiar with the v-color brand?

and I don't really care about that equivalence unless it's cheaper for 3000

does 3000/15 ALWAYS run at 3200/16 100%?

No wait 1TB MemeX500 is worse GB/$ than samsung, get the SU whatever that is

Yeah Le Grand Macho is a bit overpriced in us

Already gone over in the last thread.
>Also Corsair is more reliable.
This is a lie. They're the same dies.

Sapphire and Powercolor RX580 or RX590. youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8

pls respond

Attached: china_homework.jpg (700x317, 20K)

>This is a lie. They're the same dies.
p r o o f s ?

Would I be able to play older games at 1440p with a 570?

Gas lighting? What the fuck does that even mean? Being saddled with a Vega 64 if you truly want higher performance than what it offers is not a worthy trade when Freesync isn't limited to AMD exclusively. I agree that the Gsync tax is insane and I would never buy a Gsync monitor. Doesn't invalidate my previous point.

That doesn't answer my question about 1060s, friend.

So how does this look Jow Forums?
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Cridly/saved/dpPGGX
What awful choices did I make?
I get the impression this'll be a bit overkill for the monitor I have, but that monitor was bought recently to replace one that unexpectedly gave out, so I'll leave getting a better one for after christmas.
Also I have no clue what to look for in choosing a case, so I picked a cheap one with good reviews even though it looks ugly.

Yes.
Hell, the RX580 can do brand new games at 1440p 60fps+ as long as you turn settings down to console-quality.

Gas lighting means you're trying to manipulate someone into thinking their sense of reality is wrong.
You were telling people to spend $500 on 2070 and a secondary AMD GPU for Freesync passthrough to pretty much get the same performance that the $400 (including $120 street value of games, so $280) Vega64 gives.
So telling people to spend twice the money like that's actually logical and makes sense. You're trying to gas light people.

I haven't really seen anywhere where 1060s are good value.
Since you're probably in Brazil or Philipines or something since you're asking, how can we give advice not knowing the price of your various models to be able to say which is better for the price?
Ask a better question if you want a better answer.

>Already gone over in the last thread.
nobody answered the 36/38 question

Sure it matters. Both are actually rather high.
The first timing matters the most. But there's actually a ton more subtimings. You really can't fret over them too much and just buy the cheapest of similar specs and then try to dial in better timings with higher voltage yourself.

thx

is using amd gpu as a passthrough for using freesync on nvidia a real thing? what would be the cheapest, possibly used, piece of AMD shit able to do the trick with a 1060 running at 1080p/75 hz without degrading performance?

So I'm thinking about upgrading my build, going from a 6600k to a 8700k and a new mobo. I plan on using the salvageable parts, but what do I do with the old cpu and mobo? What do you guys usually do with your old parts when you guys upgrade?

Yes but last I checked it required using old drivers since newer ones fixed it/cause problems. You can get by with just a $70 RX 460

>Sure it matters. Both are actually rather high.
as in bad?
36 seems to be the most common that I see--every kit seems to have 36

Alternative to a MSI B450 tomahawk(no stock anywhere) for a 2600 ? gotta be same price or cheaper.

How much of a real-life performance difference is there between the two? I know that the read/write stats of the 860 are way better, but does it not matter much practically?

It's more the issue of the OP listing certain gpu brands as cheap. I want to know which one people here recommend instead as far as 1060 brands go, but I guess I'll just go browse review pages and the like.