pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last Thread

Attached: iris_keyboard_59593.jpg (1226x816, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Majestouch-Bluetooth-Keyboard-FFBT67M-EB/dp/B00F3V81VG
thingiverse.com/thing:2959294
amazon.com/gp/product/B07JDVG4RQ
gboards.ca/product/gergo
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: keyboard plus.jpg (2200x1467, 1.27M)

Need some switches for an office setup. 62g Zilents or 67g Zilents?

Between those, 67g. Plan on lubing them at all?

Yeah but it would be my first time lubing switches. As someone coming from Gateron Reds and MX Browns, how big would the transition be in terms of typing fatigue? I'm only planning to use them for programming. Also, I only have Finish Line Extreme Flouro. Should I get something better?

Cool manpurse faggot

I've read about that being used to lube stabilizers, but not the switches themselves. From what I've seen tribosys is the hot new lube meme.

Alright guess I'll have to go do some more research.

stupid japanese keyboard i hate it

Attached: fc980c.jpg (2074x1382, 201K)

whats a good switch that activates only when the key is fully depressed? kinda like how a rubber dome does.

i thought about getting one but im just going to glue a number pad to the side of a tada68 instead

yeah, probably a better idea. or get the cherry version. topre version is not great

A rubber dome board. Seriously why the hell would you want a switch that only registered at bottom out?

Thoughts on the Majestouch MINILA Air 67 Key Tactile Action Bluetooth Keyboard FFBT67M/EB?

amazon.com/Majestouch-Bluetooth-Keyboard-FFBT67M-EB/dp/B00F3V81VG

Attached: 61wVQQB0F0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1157x490, 67K)

because it makes sense?

i dislike the layout

I couldn't handle that delete placement desu

how important is lubing your switches

No, it doesn't. Keep using a standard dogshit rubberdome then.

light lubrication is essential to the proper operation of all mechanical keyboards

Are Outemu switches any good?

>i dislike the layout
What do you dislike about it? So many keys are bullshit keys you never use. I like how it's compact and wireless Bluetooth AA batteries that last a couple months.

don't they come lubed up already though

whoa she licking the keyboard...

Alright lads, need some input:

Ergodox EZ:
>pretty much plug'n'play
>2 year warranty
>>rather expensive

DIY Dactyl:
>gotta find somebody willing to 3d print the case
>gotta order all the parts/component separately
>no warranty
>much cheaper overall

Which should I go with?

Agreed. Just stick with tried and true all American design of buckling springs.

I find the dactyl-manuform more comfortable to type on than an ergodox. I've been using the latter for a few years before switching to the former, so take that as you will.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 838K)

bottoming out is bad for your fingers and you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

Not him but split spacebar and backspace being the 1 key at the top right instead of replacing the backslash. If you're going to have split backspace, at least make it replace the backslash.

Only reddit switches come factory lubed.

I've got small hands, I've heard those bottom thumb buttons can be a struggle to reach. Is this true? Or simply a meme?

surely there are mechanicals that do this?

How much did you pay to have the case printed?

I don't find them hard to reach, but I don't have small hands. There is a dactyl with a modified thumb cluster though.

thingiverse.com/thing:2959294

About $70 for both halves. I'm considering getting a printer myself though, not sure if I want to fuck around with trying to add a dedicated arrow cluster to one of the halves.

bretty much what i'm doing now
pok3r w/ browns and a seperate numpad for shortcut keybinds and num use, it's mechanical too lmao with a braided cable, pure unfiltered autism

anyone used silent reds? how are they?

amazon.com/gp/product/B07JDVG4RQ

you can't stop me

no, but I can call you a faggot

Make sure to post a pic on Jow Forumsmechanicalkeyboards! The world needs to know how hard you style on the rest of your 4th grade class with your badass rainbow keycaps and leet fortnite skills

hey how do razer switches compare to mx cherries?

very cool user, i hope you like them

Same shit but slightly worse.

what's the difference between DSA vs Cherry profile?

im getting a tada68 with gateron silent reds on monday, or maybe tonight or tomorrow it is a weird chinese shipping. anyway, i'll let you know then. only other mech ive had is acer alps or whatever

just use google nigga

She's a typing girl.

Attached: key profiles.jpg (1600x3600, 516K)

tfw you've been holding onto GMK Plum for months without using it because it's ugly af

so, wheres the animations for non cherry switches? like alps and stuff

Sell it on plebbit or something. I'm sure you could get a decent amount of dosh for it.

Your opinion about HyperX Alloy Elite, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_0090.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

looking for suggestions for a switch for my numpad

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Not worth it imo because of the price cut. I actually bought Carbon on MD but they oversold and they sent me Plum instead a few years ago. I'm stupid for keeping it. Maybe I'll find a nice case to put Plum into but for now it's sitting on my Poker 2 that I don't use.

Need more thoughts on this keyboard

lmao no-one wants plum, it was massively overbought during the group buy because of jessica's misleading renders and when the real thing came out it was ugly as hell and everyone hated it

jessica literally cannot design a keyset to save her life, both plum and necro have been disasters

Holy shit if Plum had the muted colors on the render with the alphas not being yellow af, it would be perfect.

Anyways I'm going down the hell hole, wish me luck /mkg/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 11.34.14 PM.png (1786x424, 94K)

Attached: beatings.jpg (520x397, 28K)

Oh lel I forgot it was one of those sets where the final color looked nothing like the render. RIP in pieces.

9$ per switch? holy fuck

That's $9 for 10 switches. Not even meme pandas go for $9 per switch.

$1.20 per switch when it's not on sale. They sell it in packs of 10. Currently going for $0.90 per switch because of Black Friday.

>Currently going for $0.90 per switch because of Black Friday.
Nah it's been $9 for 10 for weeks now.

Ah okay didn't know that. Good to know.

that Si/g/ makes my dick hard.

Is it worth selling fully assembled DIY keyboards, kind of takes the options and DIY out of it.

IDK, I'm thinking about offering them on gboards.ca , but then I have to limit keycaps to some cheapass YMDK blanks in one colour scheme and either blue or clear gaterons. Like, would anyone even buy that kind of shit?

On another note the China hype train is real. Get me those PCBs daddy!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (947x432, 131K)

which ones did you buy?

It's the development run of the Gergo ( gboards.ca/product/gergo ), a board I designed after shitposting here enough. They're just dev boards to see if I fucked the design and start getting the firmware support for QMK going. So they're cheapass-green but the production one's will be black and white.

Look mah, no pro micros!

Fuck meant to reply to you. See

OwO

Attached: IMG_20181123_1421455.jpg (4056x2704, 2.99M)

yeah try some keytronic foam and foil if you want a mechanical that bottoms out

at least take a new picture

Even those don't require bottoming out.

I'm using Gateron Clears. At 35g you have to try not to bottom them out, the activation point is about a third down though but because it's so light you'll fly right past it anyway.

Soft landing pads are a must.

Current keyboards
>Anne pro w/ gateron reds
>tada68 w/ gateron blacks
Where should I go from here?
I'm thinking a 40% AMJ40 build with some kind of zeal switches.
I'm planning on buying a keyboard per year until I graduate grad school and escape americuckland with my hoard of technology.

Get something other than another row staggered layout.

What case is that?

I apperently have an 80IQ because I tried an ortholinear board and couldn't break 10wmp, my normal is 70-90.
It's also really hard/impossible for me to get used to anything other than QWERTY. Probably because I read and write based on word "image"/shape and not letter by letter.
Anyway, are there any 60% split spacebar PCBs? It would be great to have the quick layer switching of a 40% while still having a dedicated number/F row. Probably easier to get nice keycaps for it too.

Try columnar stagger boards then. It only took me about a week to get used to an ergodox when I first switched to one. Most of the holdup was from the zxcv keys since they're so far shifted over normally.

Nice one user, I jumped on a GK64 instead for the hotswap and USB C but the tada is awesome! Sure you'll enjoy it and let us know how the silent reds go. Is it mainly for gaming?

Please review them for us when you get them user

You don't understand user
I literally cannot use any other layout than staggered QWERTY because of how I read/write.
Moving to a new setup and actually spelling words out would make me literally relearn the written english language.

Changing from row stagger to columnar stagger doesn't mean you're switching from qwerty nigga.

>Is it mainly for gaming?
its for my computer at work. i needed something smaller as my desk is used for electronics repair. I mostly enter stuff into a program saying what repair was done, parts replaced, calibrations, etc. I do enter numbers a lot so considering getting a separate numpad too but ill see how this goes. went with silent reds to not annoy coworkers

just want to add, i view pdf service manuals alot, so, i needed page up/down keys as well as arrow keys. kinda wish i had a dedicated home key but had to compromise

the amount of money some one will spend to have their keyboard look like its out of a anime astounds me.

20$ TKL cherry red clone keyboard from Taobao is all you need.

no but it would make me spell out words which I can't quickly do
I type based on muscle memory, not memorization

Dude, that's why I built the Gergo and got an ErgoDox. I was fucking sick of my bigass keyboard taking up most of my usable space when futzing around, now my board just sits on either side and whatever I'm working on is in the middle. A little awkward to use but beats pulling up the board back onto the desk for 20s.

Also ortho numpads are pretty fucking sick. Just set up a mod on the off-hand to hold while you use it.

Here. I need to buy a longer USB C > standard USB cable. I've swapped a couple of keycaps.

TOFU

Attached: IMG_20181125_0913253~2.jpg (4056x2704, 1.98M)

dude im planning in moving my ' key too, no idea why the fuck its not there by default

is the aliexpress guy here? do you have recommendations for pcbs and shit? want to build my own 80/75% board

>pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
Use the buyers template user and get descriptive!

I think it's because apostrophes aren't really common in English. Since I use the US international layout and I mostly type long documents in languages that use lots of apostrophes and accents I absolutely need that key to be on my pinky finger all the time.

>pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
this is for pre-builts. learn to read, user!

God fucking damn it. Eitherway, what the hell do you want in a keyboard?

kbdfans, kprepublic, YDMK

Я дyмaю, нaм нaдo oбъeдинить /pr/, /hw/, /t/ и /mobi/ и cдeлaть coбcтвeнный Jow Forums

>Budget
70€
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Clears or equivalent. I don't need top quality either
>Layout
Anything would do for the moment
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
I don't care