The Cypherpunk Manifesto activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/cyb/ ftp: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html
Various guides to get started github.com/mayfrost/guides/

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw

Thread Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

I know that there's already an /nsg/ post up, this is mainly just for cyberpunk.

Attached: cyb.gif (1280x800, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsAqbvRDP1E&list=PLDRWME7vpHrr2yMDxDjB0Vg-ayw4FsmVe
youtube.com/watch?v=HgD0JDmr960
youtu.be/BHqZa8X7XZs
grugq.github.io/resources/
youtube.com/watch?v=yS1ibDImAYU
youtube.com/watch?v=flLfG6Uxywc
youtube.com/watch?v=B_65PioV_Ow
vms.drweb.com/virus/?i=17645163
sindome.org/
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/11/25/0137258/can-the-police-remotely-drive-your-stolen-car-into-custody
youtube.com/watch?v=PsAqbvRDP1E&list=PLDRWME7vpHrr2yMDxDjB0Vg-ayw4FsmVe&index=1
github.com/secgroundzero/warberry
linkedin.com/pulse/huge-game-bluff-stephane-garelli/
theregister.co.uk/2018/11/27/linux_riscv_deal/
nytimes.com/2018/11/25/business/china-artificial-intelligence-labeling.html?pagewanted=all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd also like to take this opportunity to plug a schway SSH messageboard.

[email protected]

Did the cyb-sec threads die

>You'll live to see Neo-Tokyo happen in your lifetime

Attached: 1507679412582.png (723x566, 490K)

cyberpunk isnt technology

>Officials plan to obtain residents' consent so that only self-driving vehicles will cruise the city's streets.
>The experiment is in line with the government's goal of realizing a "4th industrial revolution" using the power of artificial intelligence and other advanced technologies.
huh

just have watched "Upgrade", definitely can recommend as /cyb/ movie

well that's just like, your opinion man

LIVE!

and anime is?

I haven't posted any anime, dude. There's no "anim/erp/unk: the spastic manifesto" thread in the catalog either.

Just ignore hackerman, he usually goes away

get a life

I wish people played that cyberpunk mud.

I just watched Lunduke showing how to connect to his BBS where he has door games. MUDs always remind me of Sindome youtube.com/watch?v=PsAqbvRDP1E&list=PLDRWME7vpHrr2yMDxDjB0Vg-ayw4FsmVe

>yfw interactive fiction never died
>yfw interactive fiction and cyberpunk goes hand in hand
youtube.com/watch?v=HgD0JDmr960

Which one? Sindome or Cybersphere?

I'm using encfs to encrypt shit on linux and unencrypt when i need it.

when it mounts, does that mean it's being copied to my ssd, and it can be retrieved later?
also, how do i add files safely? they have to reside on memory before they can be encrypted, which (does not(?)) remove trace of the files.

>cyb/erpunk:
Yes! This made my day, user.

>[email protected]
It is featured in the FAQ.

Not really, just getting more infrequent. Once they get going they usually go beyond 310 posts.

Are /cyb/ excited for new Stellaris DLC?
youtu.be/BHqZa8X7XZs

Will fail just like their "next gen computing" back then

Add opsec resources
grugq.github.io/resources/

Rather based.

The solution to a fertility crisis isn't importing shitskins but making automatons.

Is this reliable?

If you had to protect or hide something important in your computer, you would trust the encryption of Mac's Filevault or you would prefer a Linux operating system with Full Disk Encryption.

Attached: 1543081398990.png (1024x831, 183K)

Seems it was marketed as a plain revenge movie and that only reviewers and commentators noticed the /cyb/ qualities. Weird. I had not heard of this movie before.

If you have a lot of interesting files you could consider uploading them to the FTP site.

Which ones do you recommend?
I was reminiscing on LambdaMOO recently. It was rather deserted.

NSFW discussion on banesuit tech from Eudeamon:

Well, TRON, the OS, was quite successful and had the US deeply concerned.

Now that was some serious voice acting.

>LIVE!
Right on, user. Night is here and we have to hang on and avoid falling off page 10. Slow day today.

Thread is slow cause op didn't put /sec/ in the op and no one really cares for /cyb/. There's only so much "cyberpunk" stuff we can talk about but sec is much more interesting and keeps threads alive.

>encryption is considered a munition
>to sell encrypted devices in the USA you must inform the government how you are performing said encryption by law

Yeah macs are totes safe, brah

youtube.com/watch?v=yS1ibDImAYU
>yfw Planetes was right and space junk is a serious hazard
If Elon Musk succeeds is going to save space travel from itself.

Attached: Planetes 1.jpg (1024x768, 103K)

save

>macshit
lmao

Attached: 1539236500590.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

Well, the movie "Upgrade" was interesting though. And more interesting then the endless battlestation, smartphone and earphone generals that seems to live endlessly.

Damn I cant believe the burgers went full retarded over that, were they really going to stop trade with japan over an os?

But there's already /nsg/ for sec so it would be redundant

At the time Japan looked invincible and was taking over the number crunching computer market. The US was deeply worried TRON would succeed in taking over a much larger market share covering everything from embedded to home computers, from servers to mainframes.

Music vibes for the night youtube.com/watch?v=flLfG6Uxywc

DO NOT WATCH! NSA MIND CONTROL VIDEO. FIGHT THE POWA!

What about some 90's classic "fight the powa" techno youtube.com/watch?v=B_65PioV_Ow

what is the most /cyb/ distro?

Not sure but it wold have to be something with very high security. And should run on an unusual architecture.

=== /sec/ News:
Btc mining is becoming quite a hassle, encouraging a lot of malware authors to redouble their efforts:
vms.drweb.com/virus/?i=17645163
>A multicomponent malware program capable of infecting Linux devices and intended to be used for Monero (XMR) mining. It is implemented as a shell script containing over 1,000 lines of code.

sindome.org/
come play Sindome, it has a neat web client and is the height of cyberpunk related computer entertainment

=== /cyb/ News:
>Can The Police Remotely Drive Your Stolen Car Into Custody? (thenextweb.com)
Sure
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/11/25/0137258/can-the-police-remotely-drive-your-stolen-car-into-custody
>The Dutch police tested Tesla, Audi, Mercedes, and Toyota vehicles, he reports, adding "We do this in collaboration with these car companies because this information is valuable to them, too.

And people still don't think we live in a Cyberpunk world??

Maybe I'm just a brainlet, but on the multiple times I tried playing Sindome I found it very difficult to get anywhere in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsAqbvRDP1E&list=PLDRWME7vpHrr2yMDxDjB0Vg-ayw4FsmVe&index=1

Here's an excellent tutorial series that helps a lot, its actually simpler than you think

why larp?

Attached: 1000.jpg (210x240, 5K)

because it feels good, hurts no one, is not a sin in any religion, and isn't degenerate

Attached: tumblr_mlbwyy385g1qll34mo1_500.gif (500x379, 496K)

See This is no longer about playing. It is about the world we live in, the result of the boiling frog principle in action.[spoiler][/spoiler]

Funny how japan wont budge on shit like muhracism and shitty islands but they bend over backwards over the one thing that could have prevented the lost decade

I wonder where they spent those bitcoins, sure as hell they don't use it in walmart

Looks comfy

Well, would that have been sufficient to prevent the lost decade? During this period a lot of economists and politicians were very happy to provide free advice to Japan. Now, that much of the West and in particular EU is plunging into the same stagflation problems, the cheery advices are getting far and few between.

In any case, the Japanese problems started when the real estate market imploded and was further accelerated by byzantine financial reporting rules that incentivized bad practice.

I just want The Last Night to release.

github.com/secgroundzero/warberry
What is this?

Yeah but you also have a ton of companies that couldn't compete anymore and japan itself kinda got left out of the IT boom, the MSX were barely known outside the country and only popular there, and besides softbank there weren't any tech startups worth talking about. Even the britfags got companies like ARM and PowerVR going.

Me again, forgot to mention that one of the reasons japan got big in the first place was by basically taking over the electronics industry, imagine if they had have that same luck in the IT industry

Well, there were two reasons for losing competitiveness. The first and most obvious one was that the Japanese export economy was no longer able to take advantage of a cheap Yen as the success had appreciated their currency.

The other reason was relating to the financial reporting I mentioned above. Basically, Japanese companies owned each other based on cross ownership groups. The value of those shares, strangely, was not set to a fraction of the value of the companies but the value of the company at the time of purchasing the shares. This is generally considered a bad idea. So a lot of money was bound into totally non-liquid papers.

=== /cyb/ News (or fraud?)
>>>sci/10167376
CRISPS supposedly used to make babies with specific genes.

>>>>sci/10167376
Had to find correct link also
Holy shit if true this it big, BIG

Sorry about the typo.
And yes, this could be huge. Chinese authorities have openly stated years ago that they intend to improve the Chinese gene pool and eliminating mental illnesses was then placed at the top of the list of priorities.

On a wider scale, if you ensure that all children born are free from the 100s known genetic illnesses and, later, that none have an IQ less than 100 (today's scale) they will win the future. Health care and social expenses are huge posts on all western national budgets. Diabetes and haemophilia are huge national security risks since in a war time blockade perhaps 5 percent of the population will die. That alone can bring down a country.

I am still waiting for somatic alternatives, as in, genetic engineering in adults. China making CRISPR babies is kinda expected.

Seems the West is due a similar type of shock due to massive overvaluation of the technology sector:
linkedin.com/pulse/huge-game-bluff-stephane-garelli/
If true this would be ugly.

>genetic engineering in adults
Is that possble with CRISPR?

no
CRISPR is generational

what's the sauce of that gif?

It would be interesting to see CRISPR used in adults

whats some hard scifi/cyberpunk where mind uploading is a thing. it doesnt have to be the central theme of the story, just a part of the world that the characters live in.

something near future, not distant future. maybe something between 50-200 years from now.

>page 10

Attached: 7ddae6830a1ed6d86b697d3a38609aa0.png (420x420, 126K)

Got you covered

Attached: mass suicide.png (684x3336, 521K)

Altered Carbon, Upgrade, and (technically) Ready Player One

why is that JEW running?

There is some uploading in the Sprawl trilogy but you should read all in sequence to understand the settings.

>mind uploading
Hmm. That is missing from the FAQ. There really should be more about Cyberpunk tropes there. Time for an update.

What more is missing?

I reported this thread, and every poster in it for being underaged.
It's time for bed children.

Attached: 536810_1.jpg (630x630, 41K)

Check global rule 7. I have not reported you. I leave that to others. Goodbye.

Go to bed babby.

Yo /cyb/ anons, I need help finding this website, you could learn so fucking much on cryptography on that site, I lost it from my bookmarks for some weird reason.

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ you mean?

YAY!!! IT IS BACKKKKKK!

Hm, unsure but will bookmark

netrunner or kali

I'll take a backup. Please do too, just please remember to use throttling.

Can you recommend me some movies?

Plenty:
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview21.htm#mozTocId687486

Is ParrotOS the more updated counterpart of Kali Linux?

Attached: __sakura_futaba_persona_5_and_etc_drawn_by_vafar7__sample-c23ae4f9b3e3a18afd12fad4ed2d2ff4.jpg (850x514, 66K)

gay getOut

What did anonette mean by this?

Time for night night kiddos.

Attached: 536810_1.jpg (630x630, 41K)

these threads used to be so active wtf happened?

=== /sec/ News
At a time when a lot of chips are loaded with backdoors, RISC-V is a hope for many:
>Linux lobby org joins with RISC-V bods to promote open chip spec
theregister.co.uk/2018/11/27/linux_riscv_deal/
>The Linux Foundation, the non-profit funded by for-profit tech firms to promote the open source operating system, has begun working with the RISC-V Foundation, another non-profit backed by well-heeled companies, to encourage adoption of the open source RISC-V instruction set architecture (ISA).

How is this even a question?

Is one good move from the Linux Foundation in a long long time, I still can't believe they accepted Microsoft in the board.

> Roughly 300 miles to the north, in the Hebei city of Nangongshi, Hou Xiameng runs her data factory out of her in-laws’ former cement factory. Her first job out of college was labeling faces for Megvii, the Chinese facial recognition company with a $2 billion valuation that’s most famous for its technology platform called Face++. To this day, some facial recognition systems recognize her before they do her friends because, she says, “my face is in the original database.”
> But life in Beijing was too tough and expensive. She and her then-fiancé, Zhao Yacheng, decided to move back to their hometown and start a data factory. Ms. Hou’s parents would pay for computers and desks. They are renovating the warehouse next door to hire 80 more people.
> Like Mr. Yi, Ms. Hou doesn’t spend time thinking about the implications of her work. Are they contributing to a surveillance state and a dystopian future that machines will control human?
> “Cameras make me feel safe,” she said. “We’re in control of the machines for now.”
Cyberpunk is now.
nytimes.com/2018/11/25/business/china-artificial-intelligence-labeling.html?pagewanted=all

>I still can't believe they accepted Microsoft in the board.
Erm, perhaps the Linux Foundation hoped they could do the embrace extend and extinguish on Microsoft??

Thank you.