You fuckos told me to install this linux shit

you fuckos told me to install this linux shit
well i have been using ubuntu for a few weeks
but now any time i try to install software apt shits itself and says i have unmet dependencies and that i have broken packages

everywhere i look tells me to repeat the same set of commands and i have dozens of times but its still fucking broken

fuck you Jow Forums

Attached: 1542501045661.jpg (119x125, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install Windows 10

Test

>ubuntu
use one of these:
>gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Honest question: why do non-LTS versions of Ubuntu Desktop even exist if Canonical can't be arsed to do basic fucking unit tests on their own packages? This is the fourth release in a row with major bugs in Software Centre/Snap Store.

fuck if i know
i thought the point of a package manager was to avoid these fucking errors
might as well just go back to windows and toss .exe and .dll files fucking everywhere at this point

to clarify how fucked up it is, i cant even install build-essential

you people are fucking useless
tell people to install some broken fucking shit and leave them hanging when it all breaks
i hope you all die of the most brutal and horrifying disease possible and that your families are forced to watch powerlessly

Just remove the offending packages, there isn't anything else to tell you beside do that and use apt-get -f

I'll install it, can you link to the source code so I can compile it myself?

Hello, dearest retarded nigger faggot. You've chosen the worst Linux distro to install, other than Arch. You should install Q4OS which is plain old Debian with a nicely configured TDE desktop out of the box. Stick to synaptic and stop installing software from outside of the default repos since you obviously don't know how apt works.

it doesnt tell me what the offending packages are
none of the logs tell me anything
i have run all the commands i have found to list held packages (which is one of the things it tells me in the error) but none of them output anything
i have done apr-get -f and all sorts of other variations none of it fucking does anything, just tells me "hey buddy looks like everythings fine have fun :^)"
and then i try to install shit and it doesnt fucking work
mother fucker you guys are the ones who told me to install this exact fucking version, ubuntu lts is good for noobs you fuckers said 18.04 is the best to go with
i have barely done shit with it, and no i havent installed anything from outside the package manager or added any repos or any of that shit

GOT A HEAD OF FIERY HAIR

>and no i havent installed anything from outside the package manager or added any repos or any of that shit
Don't lie to Jow Forums. Install Q4OS and keep your filthy little retard fingers off of shit you don't fully understand.

We told you to install Linux. You installed Ubuntu. That's your fault.

>fall for the linux meme
>have to install all my programs with redundant terminal commands

Then post what error message you're getting

my filthy little retard fingers havent touched shit
everything i have install has been by "sudo apt install thing" and if it didnt find it i had to find some other thing to use or sometimes it would list the correct name because it isn't named "thing" it was named "thing-2.69"
installed the exact fucking version you guys recommended for newfucks except gentoo because clearly i wouldnt have known what the fuck to do with that one

Have you tried sudo apt-get update and or sudo apt-get upgrade?

repeatedly, along with all sorts of other ones
one place gave me a whole set of apt-get commands to run through
nothing

i also deleted my sources.list and generated a new one with only ubuntu sources just in case i fucked that up somehow, same errors

post the error message you stupid nigger

please post your error message op, also maybe what you are trying to install needs certain dependencies

he won't because this is a troll/shill thread

>my filthy little retard fingers havent touched shit
Then the problem is Ubuntu. Install Q4OS.

op just left after we asked for the error message. based and fucking redpilled you shilling faggot

Attached: 1542338346874.jpg (453x604, 130K)

$ sudo apt-get install thing
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
thing : Depends: other-thing but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

i get this message for anything i try to install that has dependencies that i don't already have installed
i can try to go down through the dependencies it lists and try to install those, but most of them have several of their own dependencies and it just isnt feasible

things worked fine before, whenever something had dependencies it would just ask if i want to install them

What hardware? is it an issue with that possibly?

fuck off, i backed away from my desktop so i could relax a bit and avoid punching a hole through my monitor
i had to boot everything back up to get the exact error message for you

>posts picture of the biggest faggot on earth

can you paste/screenshot the error? usually this type of shit happens when you install a .deb file manually that doesnt jive the repository

your ubuntu installation is fucked, install lubuntu its alot more cleaner and theres a tad bit more care put into it. also it runs on like 240mb of ram, not gnome bullshit. i know you want an easy answer like oh just install this and edit this but no you've fucked it beyond repair so it would be easier to just re-install it. you're having a bad first experience so i don't blame you if you don't use linux ever again. sorry i doubted you op.

Attached: booby.png (458x495, 436K)

its pretty much exactly what i posted, it isn't any particular package i cant install
its literally anything that has dependencies that i don't already have installed
and if i try to install those, they end up doing the same thing with THEIR dependencies, and so on and so forth
i think i could go through and install every single dependency for every single thing individually, but like i said it isnt feasible

also synaptic cant fix whatever is broken and it also gives pretty much the same error

im pretty sure i didnt install anything like that, but what is the way to fix that if i did?
might as well try it at this point

have you installed any .deb files with dpkg -i?

Install Gentoo

the way to fix that issue would be to sudo apt purge whatever it was that you installed.

im pretty sure i didnt, only time i have run any dpkg command is when trying to fix this
thats a problem then because if i did install anything like that i have absolutely no idea what it was

If you didnt install any .debs and sudo apt install -f didnt fix your problem, your install is fucked. dont know how you managed to break it

just so im sure your install is fucked, can i see a screenshot of your error?

poast error messages

you are missing dependencies

check what they are and fix it

Apt is fucking dogshit. Every time I mention it I'm bombarded with "lol ur too stoopid to use leenox" and I've been using Linux for over 10 fucking years. There's absolutely no goddamn excuse for a package manager to be this fucking shitty. I'm sorry you have to deal with this shit OP. Go soul searching for a distro that doesn't use apt as its package manager.

how'd you fuck up that bad?

if you post the error you get I can try to help you

It's called Windows 7 u fag.

>he won't because this is a troll/shill thread
/thread