First time Android user

Just got an Essential phone. Running Android 9. What are some apps or settings I need to set up? I'm coming from an iPhone SE.

I turned on night mode, installed my favorite apps, got a case, and a couple chargers. What am I missing?

Attached: 51ZWF-gxYAL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 21K)

F-droid + clover

LineageOS +

install blokada or adguard

>rapist phone

FX file manager
root + AdAway

You shouldn't use Essential products. Andy Rubin raped several women.

>What am I missing?
a headphone jack.

>Andy Rubin raped several women
based andy
nobody cares about 3dpds anyway

install magisk, negro

Samsung Internet is a surprisingly good browser. Can adjust font size per page, has a high contrast accessibility option that uses true black for AMOLED themed pages, ad-blocking extensions, and it's quite snappy in general. I don't even have a Samsung phone.

I know you go on reddit, don't even lie faggot, so use Joey. Also has AMOLED themes.

Get Youtube Vanced.

newpipe > ur botnet shit

>Youtube Vanced.
or Newpipe if you consider no comments a feature instead of a bug

Attached: 1429372018805.png (5000x2571, 124K)

Best feature ever

Don't listen to him. Use brave.

Rapist phone kek

best phone

By that logic you shouldn't use Android either

t. another Essential owner

nothing wrong with that

Correct, you shouldn't use Android by any logic.

Isn't Sync better than Joey?

As someone that also came from a iPhone SE to Android but a Xiaomi redmi S2 I'd say clover, fdroid, tusky for a pleroma client and conversations for a XMPP client

literally nothing from above is needed to enjoy your phone. If you are just coming from iPhone I'd say just get a nice simple launcher and tweak it for s bit. Like Nova or smth.

After a week or two if you start seeing stuff you'd love to change about your phone just Google it and there is almost always a way to do it ( be it an app,a launcher,root access ,ROM etc)

Just use it normally. Nothing is essential(pin intended)

also a small advice would be not to use too many widgets as they might seem useful at first they are just draining battery and mostly useless.

Why not both? One for the downloads, the other for a less autistic UI.