/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 3 Lite Edition (on the left)

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: DssWwbmXQAAlDtF (1).jpg (1321x1345, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1666&ty=aff&link_id=fc&link_ref=deals&aff_id=337
three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-6-Pro-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-636-Octa-Core-6-26-Notch/32922704542.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.5c913c008Wb2IE
mobiles.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s9-black?tariffcode=GCIYMNOV18&giftcode=NA&filter_brand_linkable[0]=samsung
androidexplained.com/galaxy-note-9-increase-resolution/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lg g7 or oneplus6?

Mi Zealer Store sent mail, wants to open my note 6 pro before shipping

""4. All phones have been unsealed the box to do "Quality Control" and flash the multi-language ROM! ""

It's Global version not Chinese
Quality control is one thing but flashin roms?

Note 9 or one plus 6t or maybe some other phone I had not considered no iPhones please I like to emulate and use decent controllers

6T obviously

I'm in the UK, any reason I shouldn't buy this?

store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1666&ty=aff&link_id=fc&link_ref=deals&aff_id=337

I don't have a good phone at the minute (lost it), going to just buy this plan and throw it in some cheap shitter. Never used Three before, are they shit?

Attached: 1500616920818.png (625x494, 568K)

I love my Pocophone F1.

Attached: 1540573504795.jpg (667x548, 39K)

Is the LG V30 the only phone with an unlockable bootloader, decent specs, US bands, SD card slot, wireless charging, and headphone jack?

5G is being tested in multiple cities. Airgig and WiGig are on their way, Before you know if you're going to have a 60GHz WiGig router, in addition to 5G where you're practically living in an airport scanner.

Hm, now isn't it convenient that wifi was put in the unlicensed spectrum which just happened to include a frequency near the maximum dielectric loss point of water? It's no coincidence wifi and your microwavve oven operate at the same frequency. Now, here comes 60GHz WiGig. And what's that?! It just so happens to operate near the maximum absorbtion frequency of diatomic oxygen! What does that mean? Lack of breatheable oxygen and inability for it to proper transport and bind to hemoglobin. Gee, thanks guys. Looking forward to it.

If it's the global version it doesn't need flashing a ROM. Double check you purchased "Global version", not "Global ROM" which is a different thing. I'm could just be they're copy pasting the same text for all Xiaomi phones.

Your link doesn't work

Can't get a direct link due to the annoying way the site is set up:

three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

It's the first one on this page, the unlimited data one.

i want to nakadashi satania

aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-6-Pro-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-636-Octa-Core-6-26-Notch/32922704542.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.5c913c008Wb2IE

it looks like global, or i'm missing something?

post your android flip phonez

Attached: IMG_1780.jpg (2268x3024, 837K)

god flip phones are so cool

Yup, that's the right one. It says this in the item description:
>7. We will unseal the box to do "Quality Control" and flash the multi-language ROM for the Chinese version.

So they're saying they'll flash the ROM if it's the Chinese version, which yours isn't.

That's probably the best deal you can find for unlimited everything. Of course if you don't actually need unlimited data you can probably find a cheaper deal.

Does it have the touch issues I keep hearing everywhere about? I don't know what to believe. I might consider copping one

Everyone praises the software in the 6T but how does the Poco measure up to it? I need to know

guess it's ok then..

Got me worried since i got AFTER placing the order but maybe it's just a generic mail.

Is there a phone with a kill switch option that would erase store content/brick it?

Great when you install a custom ROM. It has the same Snapdragon 845.

It is worse just check some vids on it but for half the price do you really care.

Are you talking about those weird touchscreen glitches some anons are shilling? I haven't had any noticeable ones that are seriously inhibiting my ability to use it.

Software is fine, MIUI is really well optimized on the poco. The only thing that might be a red-flag would be the lack of jewflix but I would imagine that this is a non-issue to people here.

Well its MIUI so it has the extra shit Xiaomi adds. Poco is like a 3 day wait to unlock bootloader so if you hate it just swap in a custom ROM.

Stock or bust lad, I'm not bothering with pajeet roms

Nah I'll just get the 6T. I don't know all this debloating shit haha

Like fast typing on the keyboard especially towards the edges. Also some poojets have some issues with gaming in pubg or some shit but I don't really care. Slow touch response pretty much due to using cheap chink panels/digitizers I think. Tianma i think they are called.
U should install some hardware checking app and see who made your display panel on your phone

Test post

Attached: 1539186806881.png (900x1200, 2.01M)

Sup /spg/, planning to buy an android phone to use as an iPod replacement, given it died recently.
Does any phone fit this bill?
>Good to great IPS display; no oled given I want to keep it for a long time
>Great battery life
>Good CPU/GPU combo; will play a couple of games on it, and I would prefer it to be “Future Proof”
>At least 4GB ram

Yeah, but that "stock" was compromised on the 5T. Don't bother, just trust OPPO. Not sure why I'm indulging you and replying to a filtered post.

The LG has a better display, better camera, and better sound.
OnePlus 6 has more RAM, better software, and better developer community

Why would you buy the Note 6 instead of the 5? For the same price you get 6GB of ram, and 128gb of storage.

What do you mean? Was the 5T bloated with spyware from Beijing? God damn it everyone was shilling about the excellent support OP phones have, years down the line.

>that kangaroo in the last thread who has a 2 year contract for a phone
If you can't buy a phone outright, you shouldn't have it.
Get a job, you poor motherfuckers.

Cop or not?

mobiles.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s9-black?tariffcode=GCIYMNOV18&giftcode=NA&filter_brand_linkable[0]=samsung

Attached: IMG_3941.jpg (493x844, 56K)

Perhaps I'll buy the XZ1? How big is the difference between it and the 6T? I've always loved Sony phones

>got the oneplus 6T to replace my s8
>regret it

The screen is worse and there's no waterproofing.

What the fuck? How is it worse? Lad I need to know.

I played a HDR video side to side, the colors on the 6T are slightly worse than the S8, less vivid.
There's no notification LED either. At least it's easy to root and run magisk but android 9 kinda sucks compared to android 8. Speakers are loud are nice, the phone is heavy and solid feeling compared to my s8 and much much faster due to the stronger processor. I also notice the battery drains absolutely nothing in standby, I left it on my desk with a charger for a day or so and barely any percent of battery is drained.

Pictures also look worse on the 6T than the S8 but I guess Gcam will improve it massively eventually.

You do realize you can adjust this, right? Both are modern AMOLED panels, what exactly are you complaining about?

Did you try playing around with the display settings on the Oneplus? The Galaxy phones are set to be over-saturated out of the box so that's probably why the colours look more vivid.

>no waterproofing
I don't get why that is such a big concern, yes the official ip rating is missing but it's still very resistant.

Attached: 6t-water-test.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

I'll play around with it, I just got the phone so im just whining here.

oneplus 6 has a amoled screen. I switched from the nexus 6p (1440p screen) to oneplus 6t (1080p screen) i don't see the difference. but my battery life is freakin amazing. i can easily get 1.5-2 days of use the way i am using it

S8 has higher resolution, therefore higher PPI and sharper image.
And yes, the colours and brightness are nicer, but to be fair Samsung makes the best screens on the market, unmatched by any other brand. That doesn't mean 6T has a shit screen, it's still amazing for a $500+ phone

man I miss flipz
>shit rings
>filp it open with a flick of the wrist
>this is the kang you may speak
>nibba sayin some dumb shit
>flip that shit shut
>optional move: slam that motherfucker shut with authority
>take a pull from my blunt
>bitch still on my dick because instagram hadn't been invented yet
once had a spinner phone that was kinda neat too

Attached: __flandre_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_yoruny__2dd6863818ee15b7b33beb2ce3e7234c.jpg (1000x1200, 80K)

>no notification LED
DROPPED
I'm getting the XZ1

you won't notice how useless notification led is until you stop using it
Plus you see notifications on ambient screen

fucking radical

Attached: based.jpg (522x458, 87K)

I like the familiarity man

>much much faster due to the stronger processor
>the battery drains absolutely nothing in standby
Then it's better. End of story.

XZ1
>waterproof, jack, sd support, no notch, my favorite interface, good hardware and a solid camera, notification led, basically my favorite design going strong since the Z1
6T
>better battery life, newer specs
>chinked
lol I'm getting the XZ1

He said the screen is worse you utter cretin, not the phone as a whole.

>чeтвepг
>пятницa

>SD835
>Adreno 540
>4Gb RAM
>LCD
>2700mAh battery
>gigantic chins
enjoy

If he regrets the change, like he said here , then the phone as a whole is worse (for him).

My current phone has a worse screen than the last samshit I had, but I don't regret it at all. Faster processor, better battery, newer android version, nearly stock android by default, etc.

Is it ever worth it to repair a phone rather than buy a new one?

>S8 has higher resolution, therefore higher PPI and sharper image.
No, no and no. Samsung ships their phones with 1080p.

depends on the phone and damage

Attached: 5e2[1].jpg (554x439, 35K)

What kind of a response are you expecting without listing any specifics?

>>>/2ch/

Galaxy s8 with a cracked screen degraded battery and unusable charging port that doesn't hold any cable in

I like the chin design, it's comfy and reminds me of the old Z1. The specs are good enough, it's no slouch by any means. LCD beats OLED anyway, it won't burn in after a few weeks.

>degraded battery
>on a device that came out last year
how the fug user?

every Galaxy S series phone since S6 has 1440p display

Attached: 1496866429437.jpg (250x201, 25K)

Get a new one, believe me
It's been 6 months and my fucking phone is still getting repaired

I just noticed I cant change screen resolution in my Oneplus 6T.

Why?

Li-ion batteries lose their capacity by 40% in one year.

It's only a few months away from being two years old and I use it often trust me the battery absolutely drains faster than when I got it

Nice troll.

>trying to settle for a lower resolution

Attached: 1536232137807.jpg (892x720, 162K)

>lose their capacity by 40% in one year.
absolute fud a li-on battery should last 3000 cycles before even hitting 60% of original capacity

Anyone in the know of a android phone with an amoled screen, good battery and headphone jack? For somewhat midrange price. I once upon a time had a Op3t and I was really happy until some drunk normies threw me in the pool. I now have a samsung G950F. The screen is beyond repair with burnt pixels (200 eu for a new screen if I repair it myself). I am just looking for a phone that I can change its ROM, with a headphone jack, no fancy curves, better than 3000mAh and somewhat decent cameras for videocall etc. I was considering buying the op3t again but then its 300eu which is just silly considering I paid 440 for mine when it came out.

Any help please. My phone is becoming inoperable

OP6?
had a price drop few days ago.

Attached: Screenshot_230.jpg (1125x692, 91K)

Looks like someone got CHINKED

Hello I see we have the same phone. My charging port sometimes reads theres humidity and my screen has a black mark of death that interacts with my screen (as if there is a finger on the screen). Samsung S8 is too expensive to repair. Just depends if youre willing to put up with it like I am

>has G950F which apparently is S8
>The screen is beyond repair with burnt pixels
>a device from early 2017 has beyond repair burn in
are you people buying ex-displays models or leaving the brightness at 100% with screen sleep set to Never or some shit? this is completely unexplainable verging on outright shilling of IPS/TFT

opinions on Honor play? good value for the money?

no im the type of person who slipped in rain and fell with my phone in my hand. The screen is OEM just bashed to shit. Is it my fault; yes. Now I just have a phone that is just not worth the repair. Also I am very disappointed in its battery life.

>good value for the money
Yes, second best after Poco

Thank you, I will consider it. Any other phones? I wouldnt mind settling for a 835 snapdragon if the price goes with it. Also I myself am not a great fan of the notch...

I have a weird issue with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
I used the stopwatch in the clock app that comes with MIUI, and one digit of the milliseconds counter is now stuck flickering everywhere. Restarting, shut down/on didn't help, clearing app data and updates for clock app didn't help, changing MIUI theme didn't help, it's just stuck there flickering, like an overlay.
What do?

Attached: 1537472832567.png (500x522, 144K)

Reset phone?

>actually posting this

>What do?
Kill yourself, dumb attention whoring anime pedo fag.

>slipped in rain and fell with my phone in my hand
that sucks buddy
>I am very disappointed in its battery life.
this is a trend I've noticed since about 2016 onwards the midrange phones have insane battery life while the flagships have so many bells and whistles gimmicks attached to them battery life is no better than the flagships of 2013 est
moto z1 or z2 play might fit your bill the battery is actually smaller on the second gen though so beware

>every Galaxy S series phone since S6 has 1440p display
Sure, but it's not like that's anything more than a hit on the battery.
androidexplained.com/galaxy-note-9-increase-resolution/

Thank you. I will look into it. I do agree with you after 2016 its just been downhill for flagships. honestly I would buy the Op3t again I just cant find it for a reasonable price...

battery life wasn't an argument

Can't reset this phone because of a few apps that are tied to it.
I went into recovery mode to try to wipe cache first and the flickering is not present there. Unfortunately it doesn't have a wipe cache option, only full reset.

What are you two even blubbering on about when Samsung defaults their "super high quality" displays to 1080p? This is most likely a setting for exactly that.
Sure, but it's not like you can notice any difference, except the one in battery life.

Useless idiot
OLED displays are ALWAYS prone to experiencing burn in
seriously what the fuck is wrong with you?

Should I buy the pocomeme? I just want a performance phone. Don't care about anything else

>Hisilicon Kirin instead of Qualcomm Snapdragon
>permanently locked bootloader
Why buy this when you can get a Poco F1 for the same amount of money? Obviously featuring the superior Snapdragon 845.

I would greatly appreciate if you could read the other posts. Of course AMOLED experience burn ins. Of course if I slip and smash the screen I am not one to expect it to survive. Now OEM and other screens are too pricey for what the phone is worth. I wasnt to happy with the phone before the burn in. Thats why I am asking to find a replacement. Now what is wrong with you for not reading all the posts before bashing someone?

Just how much faster is the 845 compared to the 835?

>outright shilling of IPS/TFT
But what shilling when it's clearly not susceptible to these issues?

what new phone is the easiest to root right now?

sorry, i stopped reading news about smartphones since 2012. from what i read in xda, rooting phones is harder nowadays

Not sure what else to recommend, for $429 it's a champion of value-for-money right now. And you can hide the notch
If you want a cheaper option get Poco. It has plastic body and LCD screen, other than that it's fantastic value for ~300 moneys

Attached: 1522173825_screen_shot_2018-03-27_at_11.03.13_am[1].jpg (1506x746, 138K)