I can't take it, I need my fucking videogames, I am reinstalling windows

Nothing else makes me happy

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x577, 50K)

Why is this a thread

why is this not sage

Pssh pathetic manchild beta babby onions-filled cuckolds are the exact reason that this board is dying and that companies will continue to not give a shit about Linux. If you reaaally need your games so much use a console or some shit. Don't support devs that don't dev for Linux, but what do you care, you never really wanted to use Linux in the first place, did you? Otherwise you wouldn't let something as worthless and cancerous as "muh vidya gaymes xdDD" have stronger power over your OS choice than the principles of FOSS which in the real world are far more important and are being held back from reaching the mainstream by gamer addict fuckheads like you. It's like meth. You'll do anything for your fix. Other drugs like consoles or the limited amount of games available for Linux (which are the ones you SHOULD be supporting, by the way) aren't good enough. You need your nu-male toddler cancer. Muh Fortnite! Muh CoD! Muh LoL! Grow the fuck up and learn to get your priorities straight. Do something meaningful with your life instead of sitting around playing this mind-numbing cancer. Get outside and help make Linux the mainstream so it gets that dev support. It's beneficial to everyone long-term so you may as well be a useful idiot rather than a useless one. By the way, get the fuck off this board. This board is for technology enthusiasts and if the most important part of your tech use is dumb gamer bullshit, fuck off back to . We don't want you here. No one wants you here. At least /v/ will accept you because they're all fucking retards as well. If you'd like to come back here in a year to talk about REAL technology instead of shitting up the board with dumb consumerist gamer AIDS then feel free, but really unless you're using Linux full time and trying to cut out as many proprietary non-free programs from your life as you possibly can, then you have no right to call yourself a Jow Forumsentooman and should remove yourself from the premises immediately. Long live Stallman.

pleb

it's over, I don't understand anything this semester. differential equations, data structures. might as well quit

>quitting at babbie's first roadblock

some people aren't made for this, fren

It's not like I'm stupid I just have zero (9) willpower to study this shit. i just wanna work in a crappy undersized cubicle for the rest of my life and listen to low fi hip hop

nice blog post, thanks for the info

Dumb frogposter.

Sounds depressing. If you are chronically depressed, see a doctor mate.

Holy autism

Name 50 reasons why you haven't killed yourself get.

why tho

I dunno man doctors are expensive
No stress. I'm literally exhausted of having 4 300 page books slammed on my desk every semester.
It's literally depressing, 80% of things I read I will forget in a year. Might as well not read the hings at all, or just skim over.
I'll never truly be a good mathematician or computer scientist, just some "fake it till you make it" bozo

Go to a therapist or something then and tell him all this, not Jow Forums. And why Jow Forums of all boards?

Because Jow Forums and /v/ are the only websites I visit, the only social contact I have. Even at university, I'm at either far end, hogging the smartphone charger browsing Jow Forums.
I grew up with you guys, with Jow Forums. Ever since I left my hometown and family for college, I had a piece of me torn away. Every day I try to grow it back by doing the same things that made me happy back then, videogames, warm food, friends, and good grades. I aced high school, I had endless energy.

based

>Nothing else makes me happy
sad

Hey bucko, is your room clean? It would help you a lot to deal with this crisis.
I am a medical student and had a lame cubicle job before this and I too feel like a fake it til you make it mediocre student of whom doctors will never approve.
It's important to accept that you're more or less stuck in your chosen path, forgive yourself for procrastination, accept that you're a square peg and that it's gonna always be a struggle to adhere.
The world is not geared towards our happiness. I agree with you that often there's no pleasure in anything except videogames. But I recommend trying your hand at another hobby as well - one which gives more lasting products, such as get a piano keyboard and pedal and see what you can compose. You can go back to your recordings later and gain more insight into your emotional states and appreciation for your creativity. Can't do that with videogames usually because they aren't as much a record of your own creation.
There's also evidence of exercise as an antidepressant if all else fails.

At least there's something that still makes you happy. I have 160 games in the backlog, haven't launched a single one in over 3 months despite knowing for a fact that I like(liked?) some of them that I already started but abandoned.

Attached: images.jpg (220x229, 3K)

Well what else can make a man happy? Videogames are one of the easiest, safest, and cheapest ways to inject happiness into your system.
>room clean
It's clean but cluttered.
>another hobby
I tried computer engineering and embedded programming. Actual naked microcontrollers and soldering, not arduino crap. It was taking too much of my actual bachelor program because I could and did spend hours every day reading books, watching videos, and talking on forums about it. All for nought since there are no R&D labs in my country, so I'd be jobless if I switched.
>exercise
Can't do more than 3 pushups or run 200 metres without feeling numbness at the back of my head. Call me low-test but it takes 4 days to grow stubble.

go outside fgt

cringe and bluepilled

Don't waste your money on psychologists man, they're useless. And psychiatrists will fuck you up with drugs.

>Well what else can make a man happy?
running
working

And what, stare at the sky?

There's nothing outside.

At least you still got that. For me videogames are just some boring scripted audio recordings and polygons moving around in the screen.

run in a circle until you're tired, go for a swim, life heavy things, join some communal group that does physical activity.

But those two just make you exhausted. I guess working gets you cash so you can buy computer parts at 1.3x MSRP and have them underperform due to security patches and shit.
That's true, I just use them to imagine myself being a kid playing those games - as a time machine. I just play crappy AFK MMOs like runescape where I can both play and reminisce childhood.

Holy shit, let him enjoy his games. We won't get anywhere. See the direction Microsoft is heading with Linux? Yeah, they should keep that and he should be enjoying his pc.

(You)

Not your fault you're low test. I know for a fact that even Chad is low test these days.
See a psychiatrist who does therapy, to talk about this existential crisis and feeling of overwhelming chronic mediocrity. You're not alone. An enormous number of people have it as bad as you and learn to better cope.
Devote some time daily to decluttering and reorganizing your possessions. Immediate external state is married to immediate internal state.

>Long live Stallman.
Calm down, freetard

>run in a circle
Sounds like the opposite of fun.

I've been running in circles all my life...

Literally sounds like a nightmare.

Let me translate : Living a busy, fulfilling live that leads you to not count every single dollar you spend on once-a-week purchases.
These things should make you exhausted, as they're the only things you want to do.

based and tuxpilled

>Devote some time daily to decluttering and reorganizing your possessions. Immediate external state is married to immediate internal state.
Oh christ the stupid clean your room meme again. You know that's just a way for them to deflect blame from the jews, right? Correlation doesn't imply causation dude. In the 50s you could have all the shit around you wanted as somebody who was into electronics or whatever else and it wouldn't make you fucking depressed, just a messy teenager
>See a psychiatrist who does therapy
psychiatrists are scammers and dangerous in multiple ways

But they're not the things I want to do. They're hard and menial.

pussies

They don't make you happy, they take your mind off reality so you can delay being miserable for a few hours at a time.

>I am not a pussy because I run around and go to the gym once a week
woah dude that's some hardcore shit

>try linux
>like it
>decide to dual boot to get the best of both worlds
>too lazy to reboot everytime so I end up using only windows

>dealing with nuwindows when you can make windows your bitch in a VM
Did windows just update itself? Not if you rollback the image it didn't

Oh God this
Windows 7 updates when and if I decide

If you took calc 2 first, which you had to, diff eq is like 10x easier. And data structures? Really? That's shit you can learn off a fucking cheatsheet in an hour

I aced calc 2 and OOP. It's just the moment they said "You have 3 months to memorise these 20 equations and 20 structures/algos" I gave up. I literally cannot memorise for shit.

>Windows 7 updates when and if I decide
Wasn't there a court case from some lady who got her laptop "upgraded" from 7 to 10 without consent
might have been 8 or 8.1
you do you user so long as you are happy but I would suggest getting into VMs, try and make a windows XP virtual machine and play diablo 1 or black & white 1 it should teach you valuable skills you might need when they drop support for 7

>Did windows just update itself? Not if you rollback the image it didn't
Genius

Attached: 1525627353948.jpg (1200x800, 233K)

if you keep programming as a hobby you'll learn all that shit on your own but it'll be too late and you'll kick yourself in the balls for not pushing through it in college and getting a comfy coding job in a big corporation

I tried Oracle VM in ubuntu and the performance was mind blowingly bad. No I'm not going for that passthrough stuff.
>programming as a hobby
I don't find programming fun, it's just a bunch of colorful text to me period.

If modern vidya makes you happy, you are a disgusting subhuman who should off yourself.

>(((oracle)))
>(((ubuntu)))
>(((not going for that passthrough stuff)))
I bet you wear a menora around your neck, jew.

Windows 7 is basically impossible to install if you don't have a USB 2 port on your machine, or a dvd drive.

Can't you just sideload the drivers

No, that would require having a non-usb 3 port (how can you find the usb 3 driver on a usb 3 device without the usb 3 driver?)
There is also no network access at that point.

Why would you uninstall Windows if you like video games? That's silly
Do you expect anyone to read that shit