Windows

What happened to Windows?
What happened to this awesome built in tool, the help book?
Just look at the icons, pretty pixel art, not flat icons like todays software. How do we go back?

Attached: win95.png (640x485, 21K)

>How do we go back?
drop some fat nukes all over the middle east and south asia, and a couple more over SF and jew york just to be sure

You're a fucking hipster, OP.

I don't think anyone is even capable of making good-looking pixel art icons anymore.

Source: piss-poor modern "attempts".

Nice try, Tracer Tong, but it'd be all of 2 years before everything was back up again.

Yeah exactly, op is the kind of guy who has a beard and wears a flannel shirt because he thinks thinks used to be better in the past. Oh and he probably has a leather backpack too.

I wish Windows 10 still had the classic theme, why did they get rid of it?

not if the jews are gone

Im actually a Zoomer, but im into retro stuff
I has come to realize modern OS's are full of bloatware and spyware, but dont get me wrong.
I have used XP as my first pc and went through every iteration until 10. 10 was the worst.
Also what happened to this amazing tool? The help book contains everything i need to know built in, why did it get removed.

Attached: win95_help.png (641x481, 10K)

There will always be another Jews, Kaiser. I feel like a super condescending Superman speech to Lex Luthor about how relevant people "holding you back" actually is would be relevant but even that would probably be over your head.

>why did it get removed.
because you can look up everything on the internet

t. rabbi schlomo

>Im actually a Zoomer, but im into retro stuff
Sounds about right. Now fuck off, vaporware fag. We all got over our DOS "aesthetics" obsession and we're not particularly interested in your journey with respect to your own inherited nostalgia.

t. norman

We need simple OSes back that actually do what's popularly needed. Not bloatware garbage that tries to please everyone. OS should be target focused, an environment to do few specific things.

>Look up everything on the internet
Why? Why do i need to do search the web if i can just do it quicker in windows?
>
I'm not into vaporwave or DOS, i just wanna have my privacy and im tired of modern design solutions, i dont want flat 2D icons or built in spyware and locked systems, and horrible dumbed down settings to navigate (windows 10 settings)

They learnt to make UIs for a small amount of screen real-estate (both physically and also resolution), meaning that it all scaled up well. Things like the help book were included because it was expected to have the information to properly use and maintain the machine, like how every car comes with a massive manual to this day.

It's like the parable of the blacksmith who strengthened his hands with labor, and could now hold delicate objects.

Attached: 1538900518705.png (1024x768, 60K)

It's strange how little in the way of genuine consumer choice there is now. Pretty much every device does the same thing at the same level.

go and use plan 9 then

Why should he use an abandoned developer/mainframe OS when what he wants used to be present on average consumer-level hardware?

Windows before 7 is absolute shit by today's standard. I thought I was OK with windows and grew up using XP, I recently installed it on some craptop and couldn't get network to work. Tried troubleshooting, it doesn't even give you any hints why it doesn't work, even cmd tools are retarded as typing ipconfig or ipconfig /? just prints you "ipconfig is a network configuration tool", fucktons of menus everywhere that seemingly try to do the same shit. So yeah, good riddance.

>i just wanna have my privacy and im tired of modern design solutions

Then just go use Debian you brainlet cuck. And also don't forget to buy a Talos PC, because your privacy would still be cucked by Intel ME and other hardware backdoors.

they both run on x86, lol

at least plan 9 has utf8

>Drops nukes on all those places
>mfw it doesn't even work because Microsoft is in Washington

Cheapest and easiest option for you would be to use debian on a raspberry pi. No ME and no speculative execution etc. Secure and under your control.

ARM processors are too affected by spectre and meltdown, are you sure about it?

What about pine 64?

>by today's standard
In that it's slow and clunky but has pretty animations so you don't notice? There's nothing wrong with being bad by "today's standard" when "today's standard" involves text editors that take up more system resources than entire OSs used to.

Animations hog up resources and space
Just why

People say "resources are there to be used," which is true to an extent, but what happens in reality is that available resources are gobbled up in their entirety, meaning that you either have a slow and awful experience, or you need to upgrade to stay in place (which is a fucked up situation to be), meaning you now have system resources "spare".

Oh, but what's this? It's Pajeet and Sōyman here to make even more terrible software making it so you're back to having a terrible time!

Attached: time to go.jpg (1199x911, 109K)

My old ipad 2 runs like shit on ios 9
its horrible and Apple wont let it downgrade obviously, also many apps now require ios 10 or later, thanks apple

>that teal desktop
FEELS

Why not just use Xfeces with the Chicago95 theme from GitHub?

I did that with Debian Stable and it's beautifully retro; modern features with minimalist design, and it only uses around 300mb of Ram.

Use a Tux wallpaper and you're golden

Install gentoo.
>what happened to this amazing tool? The help book contains everything i need to know built in, why did it get removed.
Because user interfaces got more intuitive and nobody read the documentation anyway
Vista still had all the help built in. It was removed for win7 because it was bloated and unnecessary

Animations really take no resources at all compared to things like file indexing and searching, processing CSS, video decoding, video games, spell checking, processing network packets, etc.
There's just so much you can do with a certain number of instruction cycles

Because it looks and feels nothing like the original windows 95

That's pretty hipster

The book is amazing
it has everything i need to know, without needing to look on the web.

It's also often outdated shit. You have a permanent internet connection now, so there's literally no reason to store that crap (that not many people ever use anyway) on everyone's hard drive

In that case then go use windows 10, but i want my book.
It has been helpful to me before

Yes, it was the text files that were bloated...

The help system had lots of images and videos
Probably more than a GB

If you think genocide solves problems, you're part of the problem.

Now it's all bullcrap online where you can't find anything so you'll end up contacting a live chat agent and find out you know more than them

Windows(or dos) was never good

Attached: 1540324726850.jpg (385x1024, 76K)

Windows wasn't that great back in that era, but it's so much better than what it is now.

What do aesthetics matter if a computer is used (as it should be) as a tool? I don't care what colour a hammer is as long as it does the job. SImilarly I'd rather they spent time ironing out bugs than making pseudo-3D icons.

The help book was useful though.

People find it easier to navigate around interfaces with flat design. May I suggest you take a look at ? If you're into retro stuff you may like tPlan9.

Attached: 1527360662367.gif (550x431, 1.37M)

You literally just called him a Jew. You just don't know it.

there's nothing wrong with flat icons.

Attached: 1523166298967.jpg (984x750, 92K)

They unironically did this to themselves and caused a ripple effect that came back to them.

>windows vista comes along
>everybody loses their shit over muh see through effects in program windows
>vista came along when core2duo chips that were needed to process the shit was expensive for some time
>honeymoon period where people were in love with fancy new effects looking at laptop displays in bestbuy/circuit city ends when early vista into windows 7 early days was overheating bricks for computers
>enter macbook intel switch, apple stepping shit up with ipods/ipod touches, apple boom with iphone in late 2000s
>enter hipster macbook dev era
>microsoft plays GUI catchup now cause apple computer based devs decided to be ultra artsy hipsters about software visuals

Attached: 1540498126492.jpg (552x382, 15K)