Font Licensing

Is there any reason to care about font licenses?
I use pirated fonts for designing ads and video editing for a company, am i in trouble or is the font license law not enforced at all?

Attached: 47838383.png (1200x865, 354K)

Just use your shit and say nothing niggra.

font police is gonna ream yo ass.

Attached: 1062975139290.jpg (770x524, 107K)

A font foundry can probe their records and see if your company has ordered fonts from them. If not, they could sue your company for intelectual theft, which would backfire on you in the end. Don't be lazy and simply offload all costs unto the customer.

*pirates Helvetica*

Attached: istockphoto-184864889-1024x1024.jpg (1024x743, 197K)

hehe got'em

memes aside, i know the chance of font owners finding their font in my designs is very small, but still i don't want to get fired if my company gets sued for using fonts without a license a few years from now.

it's there if they want to get you.
why would you intentionally make yourself vulnerable to litigation?

where can I find some catalog of fonts with permissive license?

this

Google Fonts

*Pirates IBM Plex from IBM's github*

>pirated fonts
Hahahahah. Copyright laws are shit, stop caring about them and start sabotaging Jews.

>i don't want to get fired if my company gets sued for using fonts without a license a few years from now
How fucking retarded can you be? The question makes sense if you are a freelancer and need to keep costs down, but if you are an actual employee of a company you go and tell your boss he has to pay for the licenses
Or rather, you bring him the font you want and the closest free alternative. He'll probably make you use Hind rather than pay for Frutiger, but that's the company's problem. Don't make the mistake of thinking it's yours

i'm not actually employed, i'm in college and work for the company for practice (practical education, don't know what's it called in english).
i am basically the only designer there and i do some shitty ads and video clips for social media, every one works on marketing and whatnot and they couldn't care less about the aesthetics, fonts and stuff like that. i steal designs from free vector sites all the time and edit them to make banners from them, as they requested. still i don't want to get myself in trouble for using pirated fonts in the future, i've already used some helvetica, gotham, didone, myriad and other expensive fonts in their designs, not paid for of course.

Just use roboto lmao

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know at all, but has it occurred to you that maybe YOU are liable if the company gets sued?

you should only only fonts whose license allows free commercial use, or that you've paid for
if you feel you'd be much better off with a particular font, tell your boss, if he says no, so be it, it's not your responsibility to pay for, and especially not pirate, fonts.

i'm no lawyer, but if you use pirated fonts, without being explicitly told to by a superior, then it could be you who gets in trouble for it. it doesn't seem fair to me that a company gets slapped on the wrist if they aren't even aware of what a particular employee did

okay thanks, i'm deleting all my fonts right now and only installing from Google fonts, then cross my fingers the long arm of the law doesn't get me before my death bed.

I was about to say. Of all the petty money grabbing jewish tricks I've seen... copyright on a fucking text font has to be near the top of "most retarded". Why, outside of sheer greed for those extra few shekels, is this even a thing at all?

roboto is an ugly low-quality font
you're doing a disservice to yourself

Might as well just use comic sans