Why are you still an sRGBlet?

Why are you still an sRGBlet?

Attached: CIE1931xy_gamut_comparison.png (565x600, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0bxSD-Xx-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even high end monitors can't reach the coverage of Adobe RGB, which in itself is an abomination of a color space.

I have 99% DCI-P3 on my computer and n% Rec.2020 on my TV.

Attached: 1534780462316.jpg (5120x2880, 3.76M)

sRGB falls inside the gamut of most monitors, there's no point in using a wider colorspace if you can't display it

Waiting for Rec2020
Come magical quantum dots or microleds

I don't make prints.

>I don't want popping colors on an OLED monitor because hurr it's not accurate
What a fag, lol

Everyone exports their content to rgb so unless you are editing, its a meme

To sRGB*

iPhone camera shoots in DCI-P3 since 7 Plus. Get with the times, gramps.

>not using ROMM
>not having imaginary colors in his monitors color space
Top pleb

There's no standardized abstraction layer between your monitor's color space and what is composited. Which makes it all a mess. Really, computers should be compositing in some form ACES at 16 bits per pixel at least, and then have the monitor downscale to whatever it can display best.

you guys do realize CRT and DLP projectors color space is so much wider the LCD range would look like a single pixel on such graphs.

>unintentionally swears in russian

DLP maybe, but light projection will ALWAYS look washed out due to shit contrast.
CRTs are sRGB. There were some AdobeRGB CRTs, but that's it.
When people meme about how "CRTs have better colors", they're confused. They mean CRTs can theoretically display infinite shades of red, green, and blue. That doesn't mean it can show more intense shades. If that weren't bad enough, CRTs are very dim, so any ambient lighting washes out the colors even more.
Thanks to these issues, neither DLP or CRT could ever do HDR.

Attached: 1520504348444.png (464x452, 187K)

Sorry to BTFO your boomer delusions.

Attached: Color Gamut Comparsion-01654459-6817-4018-a4ce-a5a05799e799.jpg (690x332, 83K)

I said exported to sRGB. Not captured as sRGB. L2r

What? HEIC supports P3. Apple products, late-get Galaxy phones, Microsoft Surface support P3 color space.

You dumb fucking applefag i am not explaining to you what exporting from adobe means

>Still youtube use srgb

>not exporting your video in a meme gamut half the devices wont support correctly.

Attached: image020.jpg (583x676, 67K)

not a single one of them is CRT you dumb cunt who just wasted 500$ on a monitor.

CRT is a dead fucking technology, you retarded boomer fag. There isn't a single CRT manufactured since 2015.

Attached: vr.jpg (1320x880, 186K)

jewtube is pleb cancer that doesn't matter, fuck off

Yeah, because all CRTs got dumped in a landfill.

They did.

Attached: hot_crt_action.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>not exploring other colors paces like HSV

They are mathematically equivalent.

>Quantum dot display
>One disadvantage is that blue quantum dots require highly precise timing control during the reaction, because blue quantum dots are just slightly above the minimum size.
What is so special about blue, it’s always seems to be the hardest color to obtain.

The year is 2018 and we're still far away from perfect-black, perfect-angle, true high dynamic range, full BT.2020, at least 12-bit capable displays.

Fuck this shit.

Because 99% of the digital imagery is sRGB

Threadly reminder we still got a long way to go

Attached: PhEnhQLED-OLED-PhEmQLED-ElEmQLED-mLEDQLED.jpg (634x1856, 716K)

These sample images a HIGHLY exaggerated.

?

Short wave long = high energy
High energy is hard control and lifespan is short

>Perfect black
FALD *VA panels or OLED

>perfect-angle
OLED

>true high dynamic range
FALD *VA or OLED

>full BT.2020
We won't see that for a long time

>at least 12-bit capable
8-bit is fine. 10-bit is ideal. 12-bit is more information for very little gain. Even 10-bit isn't really necessary for displaying, though it would make life MUCH easier.

Attached: 1519354809999.jpg (278x292, 15K)

This is a good image

That's not even close to what he said, can you read?

Hey, someone finally posted a CIE1931 diagram with correct hues along the scale for cyan and green.
Good on you, OP.

What is going on here? National pastime?

Youtube can't even deliver the bitrate they promise

VA is great right up till something on the screen moves then it all goes to shit

If motion clarity is important just make sure the TV has backlight strobing. Even TCL has backlight strobing with FALD.

No

methinks they are taliban and they prohibited many forms of entertainment. I'm not sure, surely some Jow Forums know better .

mine does 95% dci-p3 (aka apple p3)
better than 99% sRGB

also
youtube.com/watch?v=n0bxSD-Xx-Q

Attached: 2d-argb-applep3.jpg (900x1020, 76K)