Thoughts on React Native? Seems pretty fucking cool

Thoughts on React Native? Seems pretty fucking cool

Attached: 94941242.png (776x415, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

expo.io/)
joshmorony.com/ionic-framework-is-fast-but-your-code-might-not-be/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slow and "bloated". There are better options.

Xamarin is better.

Such as

Above you.

>recatNative.asObservable().addDisposableTo(disposeBag)

Every couple of years I think modern JavaScript can't possibly get any uglier, then some hot new library comes and proves me wrong.

Flutter is way better, and it's just starting,

Xamarin is a big unusable pile of shit.

nu-JS is much more "elegant" than the old one.

Cordova

>dart

PWA is the future, prove me wrong

Attached: 346633636.png (1200x628, 83K)

obsolete

Web devs keep re-inventing the wheel time and time again, but fail to make any meaningful improvements, so I doubt PWAs will take off.

Hey cool someone already posted exactly what I was going to say

Dart is garbage in terms of API design but somehow it has an amazing implementation
Hot-reloading in debug mode, plus compilation to native code in release mode, is a killer combo
Flutter is a huge step in the right direction

There's nothing wrong with Dart

There are lots of things wrong with Dart and the sooner you admit it the sooner some of it can get fixed

this gotta be bait
Cordova is worst posible way to create mobile apps

It's stupid. If you want to share code between apps, but use native UIs, use Xamarin (not forms). Since it allows you to actually call native APIs without needing shitty plugins and it has a reasonable, statically typed language it's a much better choice.

If you really want to share UI code, use Flutter. Using material design on both platforms will at least ensure that it behaves the same on both platforms. And if you really need iOS platform widgets, you can always use the new Cupertino Widgets.

flutter worked like shit on my Moto G2 last time I tested, so it probably works fine one limited and newer devices Google tests

There will always be things that are impossible to do on web applications.
Things that require permissions that websites can never be granted, like geofencing / significant location changes in the background or unlimited storage, or sharing local data with other applications...
Also performance is going to stay a deal breaker for the next decades. The primitives that are currently being developed to make the web competitive - a native virtual-scroller, houdini, shadow DOM, web assembly and others - are all still very, very early.

PWAs are tight if you can write good code that loads your data fast & doesn't hang on page transitions. One big problem is browser differences, so there are a lot of features you just can't use if you wan 99.9% browser compatibility.

PWAs are ready to go. So fucking easy to build. But customers want an app, so thats what people build. They want an app, not a website.

>js
>native
cmonbrug

in a professional setting it's the best for simple apps on both platforms. it's just as fast as native code for a lot of applications. you can write js and React, which is easy and everyone knows it. if you're on a team you can't expect everyone to know the ins and outs of native code, especially if you rely on some outsourcing. in my experience it's easy to write best practices for, so you can expect a (bad) pajeet team to be able to follow simple guidelines. With expo (expo.io/) you can even test and publish ios apps without having a mac computer.

if you're on your own or you want to write something efficient and tiny, just write the native code.

it's made to make the code and implementation easier and faster but it's not good for everything. People think it's js running on a phone, but that's not quite how it works and they're just buttmad. Read the docs.

what? ReactNative has nothing to do with ReactiveX

>They want an app, not a website
Whats the difference in those times

The HTML/CSS is converted to native code apparently.

There's no HTML or CSS in React Native.
It's the JS that is compiled to native code - it has to be, otherwise apple wouldn't allow the code on their app store due to their "no dynamic code generation" bullshit law that also makes it impossible to port other browser engines.
The same goes for Dart or C# code. It's compiled to native code and all code generation features of the languages get disabled.

It's a disaster waiting to happen. Slow, bloated and pointless. It was designed solely so JavaScript developers could make even worse Android apps. There's a lot of 'why we dropped react native' articles out there.

DO. NOT. USE.

It runs like shit.

t. somebody who actually writes apps that clients use

swift and java

>It runs like shit.
>t. somebody who actually writes apps that clients use
joshmorony.com/ionic-framework-is-fast-but-your-code-might-not-be/
Not React, but still