Is it worth it buying the best power supply?

Or can I cheap out on it?

Attached: 1528456602527.png (694x527, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your PSU is very important parts you shouldn't cheap out. Your entire system might fail because of that.
My 7 case fans died because shitty PSU can't support stable current.

go for 85+% efficiency

You don't need THE BEST, just don't go for the cheapest.

This, titanium is fucking overkill.

And look up some brand/lines blacklists
>666
before Satan claims your hardware

Yes, it's worth it. A good fanless Seasonic with last a decade for sure, the $50 premium over other PSUs is nothing in the long run.

PSU and Case are the two components that will last you forever so you should always go for max quality.

spending 50 extra bucks to get that seasonic 12 year full warranty seems smart to me. either that or get a superflower psu if you can. note that evga supernova is rebranded superflower

Attached: 3S3pX1e.png (646x441, 30K)

Considering how dramatic cheap shit power supplies can go out, its not worth saving $50 if it blows up half your hardware when it dies in 6 months.

Give links or sshots of other tiers pls

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

The PSU is the last thing you should cheap out on
though you shouldnt get a $200 one if you dont need it, theres a tier list and Id say to get one in tier 1, 2, or 3
if you get a really cheap PSU (like one from a company youve never heard of) it can break and take all of your components with it

dont get fanless if you have like a gaming PC

>TFW got EVGA G2 for only $50

Attached: 1542582662218.png (450x405, 95K)

Wrong. Unless your gaming PC uses 700W or something.
Most don't even use over 400W and fanless PSUs handle that just fine.
As long as you have the bare minimum of case airflow (which you do, unless you did something really stupid) it's not an issue at all.

>mfw getting a new Corsair SF600 for $40 after almost buying a cheap SFX psu for $35 from newegg
I needed a small psu to build a mini pc for my mom as a Christmas gift but getting the SF600 at this price makes me want to keep it and do a whole new build for myself

Attached: 1538102610392.jpg (910x1024, 226K)

why fanless? it will make zero noise but fan designs also make barely audible noise and they are slightly cooler

seasonic with the fan might last longer, but even the fanless probably already lasts at least 5 years.. but still I dont see a reason to not take the fan too

>why fanless?
Because it means you will never have to worry about the fan failing or becoming noisy, ever. The peace of mind alone is worth it, even if you ignore noise.

Keep in mind most PSUs used in electronics are fanless.

the EVGA G3 are excellent too, better components and right now, very cheap

I have that power supply and after a year the fan pretty much shit the bed. RMA’d it of course because the warranty is good. But yeah, I would never purchase a cheap one.

g3 was on sale yesterday for $40

>Entire computer depends on electricity
>Surely I can cheap out on the power supply

Or you could just use logicalincrements.com and not have to use your brain