Search youtube for a guide w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 211f573aed086f2fd864be83cba5534a901f2b30_hq.gif (540x304, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/jLF48d/amd-ryzen-5-2600-34ghz-6-core-processor-yd2600bbafbox
blurbusters.com/
youtu.be/D_Yt4vSZKVk
bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3386-nvidias-secret-gpu-tu106-400-vs-400a-2070-xc-ultra-review
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the ideal RAM speed for the new 9th gen CPU's and a Z390 mobo?

I believe it's 2666Mhz

Is there any benefit to purchasing 3000Mhz or 3200Mhz? Or do I need to enable XMP to use those speeds?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

you'll be stuck at 2666 without enabling xmp

Attached: Intel-Core-i9-9900K-i7-9700K-i5-9600K-Specifications-2.jpg (2000x1125, 230K)

2666? What do you need 2400 for. 2133 is already generous.

Currently have an i5 4690k and thinking about upgrading. Should I upgrade to the current gen Ryzen or just wait for Ryzen 2?

Attached: 3khrnri.jpg (610x357, 79K)

K, so there's no point in buying anything above 2666?

From what I can tell the prices are pretty similar for 2x8 or 2x16. And I just don't really have a budget limit so why not 2666?

You could at least price out good but cheap RAM ahead of time.

Imo, you don't need to upgrade.

I have the 3570k and it still handles everything find without OC.

Spend the money on upgrading everything else.

Ryzen 2 I would say, but if not, then a Ryzen 5 2600 offers a good deal.
pcpartpicker.com/product/jLF48d/amd-ryzen-5-2600-34ghz-6-core-processor-yd2600bbafbox

Attached: selfiecat.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

i'm a monitor brainlet so need some help with this
would the ViewSonic XG2402 be a good 144hz monitor for my rx 580?

Won't ryzen 2 use ddr5?

I NEED A MONITOR

Guys please help. I need a 1440p monitor 144hz with g-sync. The ones with TN panels are very affordable. The ones with IPS are pile of money burning expensive. And I’ve used VA with 144hz but I want one without the blur. So please convince me to not buy a shitty TN with it’s annoying viewing angle.

Not if AMD commits to it being supported on current boards, and there's no reason to think they've rescinded on that.

blurbusters.com/

FUCKING RAM PRICES
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: EESUFAM.png (921x647, 1.44M)

I have the s2417dg. The best choice I have ever made.

And for non gaymen shit? I want a 27" WQHD IPS monitor

AMD already fixed that issue.

why not just enable xmp?

Even budget builds go for 3000MHz ram nowadays. Read the op.

What issue? Stop posting in multiple threads.

>goy-sync 144Hz monitor
Buy an actual GPU and turn on Fast sync

But without enabling XMP in the bios the RAM is capped at 2666. Yet i don't see why anyone wouldn't just do that.

>try to update my dad's gpu drivers
>bluescreen every time
reminder not to fall for amd gpus

will people ever stop with this shit
they went down like 20% over the last 2 months already

Fuck man I’m in the same boat. Seems the acer predator on Amazon is the way to go at $550. But it does have that man child gamer look which hurts a bit extra with the price.
This is the first I’ve heard of this. Does it work as well? Can you turn it on and have it work 24/7? Buying for my dad so if it’s idiot proof I will consider it.

Non gaymen, I'd recommend Dell. I have my gaming monitor and then a second monitor from Dell for casual shit.

If I'm not seeing any performance increase, or minimal performance increase but the price is going up, why not just get the most ideal RAM?

I will get the Dell U2719D or the Fujitsu P27-8 TS Pro, I guess. But yeah, I won't buy gamer monitors, as the QA and support will be trash, no matter how good the panel actually is.

Yep, 2666MHz is intel spec (jewdec). Anything higher is XMP (sort of a "premade" overclock), some motherboard vendors even enable it by default. Watch the video of the screenshot you have posted for some clarity.
youtu.be/D_Yt4vSZKVk

>eu
>still 0 decent gpu sales
Dead

two year old ram is more expensive now than the day it came out
and, as you know, the day a new piece of tech comes out it is very overpriced
so you're paying way more than "very overpriced" right now for ram

Realistically when can we expect navi? Will AMD actually offer a full refreshed series instead of 2 new cards?

AMD fixed this issue.

half an hour ago? because if not they didn't fix shit

This
My 380 is suddenly getting blue screens on ubuntu now. Never again.

I'm on an i5 2500k and I'm upgrading to current gen Ryzen. You can wait for Zen 2 but it'll take a while and you'll have to pay the full price. You could also wait for Zen 2 and then buy the older Ryzen when they're priced lower and all the memory compatibility has been sorted out.

500 bucks for a 2070 on EVGAs own store

>viewing angle
Why are people turning their monitor 45 degress away from their face when they're on the pc? Also you need TN to prevent blur completely and modern TN panels are decent enough in terms of colour reproduction.

Watch out, the budget 2070 have gimped chips like the EVGA Black Edition

>Ryzen 2
Misnomer: It's called Zen 2 :), and the cpus will probably be called Ryzen 3xxx etc

Very bad deal for a gimped card

reddit is shilling this as a good deal
bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
Anyone have it?

2000 series sure is fucked from the getgo

source?

Guys please help me. For the last 2 years i have encountered these issues with my rx 470 and no amount of using DDU and reinstalling my os and drivers has fixed them. For one i have NEVER been able to open radeon settings, it just doesnt open. My windows cursor is corrupted and is just a black square. and i get crashes during driver installs and occasionally i experience microstutters. Wtf do i do to fix these ? im getting pretty annoyed with them now

You don't need to turn your head that far. Most TN panels will have colorshifting if you move out of the sweet spot which is directly in front of the panel, and eye level. Shit with widescreens there is no sweet spot since the panels are too large, and parts of the screen will always look like shit no matter how your head is positioned.

>mfw I bought the 24 inch version for 410€
Fucking americans have it so well with prices. Btw yeah it's a nice monitor and once calibrated it looks very cool. The only risk is getting an older version which might have extreme color banding issues

2600/x all sold out.

Should I just add in about $120~130 to get a 9600k

I'm not familiar with g-sync. Does it have a full usable refresh rate range of 1-144Hz?

Im gonna buy an i7 8700k and theirs nothing you can do about it

ok i think ill gamble on getting the newst version and return it if i dont get it or i cant get it to look good

Are you even sure that it's an AMD issue?
It's most likely something else.

if you want to dude it's your money

It's like 2-3 years old now. Don't buy it.

k

*they'res

Get a different GPU.

>open box $280
woah, you could buy that to resell

>It's like 2-3 years old now. Don't buy it.
What a retard. Find me a monitor that released in 2018 and is not overpriced

overpriced? You mean priced currently? Of course older tech is cheaper.

Overpriced as it doesn't cost $1000. There has been no new 1440p 144hz gsync for a while

It’s a fine deal but I wouldn’t call it an amazing deal. I seem to remember seeing bunch of prices like this the past few days. It’s a TN monitor so that’s why it’s not really too much of a great deal.

144hz is unnoticeable same with 1440p. just fucking buy 4k

Hi grandma

$1000??

What monitors are you looking at?

HDR ones. Help me find which new ones you mean that dont cost so much.

Linus tech tips did a video where they showed the opposite B^)

he was under the placebo affect

Ok, it's been 20 minutes since i've asked for a source on those failing EVGA 2070s and there has been nothing but silence so i assume that was bullshit.

I think you misunderstood them, there are two tier of binning for the 2070 which weren't publicly announecd by Nvidia. One of them simply clocks worse than the other.
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3386-nvidias-secret-gpu-tu106-400-vs-400a-2070-xc-ultra-review

Is this good? I really have no idea what I'm doing. I just turned on xboost and tweaked numbers for a bit.

Attached: boosto.png (702x541, 326K)

>expensive Z390 motherboard
>2666 RAM
You are absolutely retarded.

May as well get the 2600 just for how cheap it is. If you planned to get high end, just get a high end board that you can use for Zen2(Ryzen 3)

If that's stable, yeah seems really good. I have a feeling it won't actually boost that high in demanding games, though.

I don't think those Anons were talking about the fake 2070s failing.
It's the fact that they perform far worse than advertised. Even the best fake 2070, the EVGA black, still gets 20% lower 0.1% minimums than a decent real 2070 model like the XC Ultra. That's incredibly fucking bad to have that much of a difference between two models of the "same" card (because they aren't the same). And if you try to OC the difference, sometimes performance just gets WORSE.
Check Gamers Nexus analysis on it.

The fake 2070s aren't worth buying under any circumstance.

Which of these 1060s should I get? Zotac is also selling a mini for $220 and PNY an XLR8 model for $240.

Attached: Screenshot_20181125-122157.png (1080x1920, 501K)

>I have a feeling it won't actually boost that high in demanding games, though.
If it doesn't it will just crash the game/computer right? Like since I'm not messing with going beyond the standard voltage limits and I have a high fan curve it won't like cause physical card damage right?

Not the middle one for sure and at that price the others aren't a good buy either.

you missed the deal
there was a 6gb 1060 for sale on newegg for $170 a couple days ago

Did the RX580 sales end or something? They were crazy cheap for like 2 weeks straight.

I don't know why you didn't buy earlier, like during black friday and leading up to it, if you missed the sales. May as well just not buy now if you can avoid it.

Possibly. But it's more that they don't have fixed clock rates so at times it'll just not boost as much.

>The fake 2070s aren't worth buying under any circumstance.
I just watched the vid. But considering the tiny price difference between the XC and the FTW3 of 30 bucks the latter should be better choice afterall it comes with a 3 fan cooler.

>3 fan
Smaller diameter fans, user. Come on now. It actually looks stupid how tiny those fans are on the large heatsink, only covering half of it.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713 is still only $200. Last good model that's still in stock, it seems. Should hurry and get it before it's out of stock or the sale ends on it as well.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's a good UPS to buy?

I just want to enable RAPID Mode safely, and I'd only have my PC & Monitor plugged into it. Is there anything specific I should be looking for? Any brands to avoid?

Is it because it's EVGA or because it's the 3gb model?

I didn't know about the sale until it was over. Regretting it now but I'm hoping someone crops up for cyber Monday. I'm intent on getting the 1060 for an HTPC so I'm willing to over spend a little for the silence.

here's my poorfag build
ryzen 2200g
1 ram stick (8gb ddr4 2400 MT/s)
Asrock b450m pro4
500w psu i had for a couple of years now
and for the monitor i'll probably use an old samsung tv i had lying around
if I plan putting a gpu in the near future, would there be problems? 750ti or a 1050ti
looking for any advice on pc building also
>inb4 reee zoomer

Because it's the 3gb version, I'm sure the AMD guy already told you but the RX580 is now faster than the 1060 6gb so that's worth a look.

Jesus man just don’t build it. Save some money and it do it right and do it bigger. Or do build it for fun if that’s what you’re into. Prebuilt is a good option for low end stuff especially with cyber Monday.

Why are so many people making the mistake of using a single DIMM of RAM lately? You will massively gimp the performance, especially of the iGPU, and make stutters.
>if I plan putting a gpu in the near future, would there be problems? 750ti
The hell? The 2200iGPU is nearly as good as the 750Ti.
And good luck finding a cheap 1050TI. Used, maybe. The RX570 has been cheaper than the 1050Ti despite having around 45% higher performance.
>if I plan putting a gpu in the near future, would there be problems
The problem is that 4 threads will be the bottleneck in a lot of games even if you play on low settings.

Also yeah, Like the other user said... I'd save more money. A 2200G is really limiting because 4c/4t just isn't enough now days unless you're sure you play games that it's enough on.

>I didn't know about the sale until it was over.
There are still a handful on sale for much cheaper than the 1060 6Gb and including the games.

should i get a 650w or an 850w PSU for my builld?
partpicker says it will use just over 300w

is it that much of a fuck up? i just need a pc to work on and play new vegas.

Reminder high frequency ram is a meme unless you're running a 1080ti level GPU

Don't waste your money on it.

Attached: UXOuuOB.png (1415x782, 669K)

>3fps higher with a 1070
Seems worth it.
Why didnt' they test a 1080 or 1070ti, anyway? 1070 isn't much higher over the 1060.

How can I tell what's causing my coil whine between the PSU and GPU if I don't have a spare graphics card to swap out? It wont happen at full load, but during things like menu screens or games that just dont tax the GPU up to full load, somewhat of a medium-high load I guess. The PSU is from my old build, maybe 6 years old, the graphics card is about 3, everything else is brand new.

Attached: HX850-47.jpg (720x248, 30K)

also i plan on expanding my memory (16gb 2x8 DDR4-3200) by adding another set and possible adding a second video card (MSI RX580 8gb ARMOR OC) for 2-way crossfire in the future

How does one get into building computers, I'm dumb and have no idea how any of this works.

Is there a name for these sorts of gadgets to fill up empty 5.25" bays and does anyone make them that isn't some no-name Chinese company? Not sure what to search for.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1010x1010, 54K)

Gonna finally upgrade my 6 year old rig this black friday. Been packing an R9 270x for many years, will the RX 570 8GB be a tangible upgrade? Seems compatible with the rest of my build from what I can tell.

Comes with RE2 Remake and DMCV as well. Thoughts?
you learn to fucking read and start with the OP. PC Part Picker and Logical Increments are your friends.

Attached: 14-137-291-Z06.jpg (1280x960, 65K)

Yeah man your plan is pretty bad and you probably would be able to purchase a prebuilt that offers more for your money with that kind of goal

This shit is so mid-00s

Literally boomerware

You buy all the parts and put them on your motherboard. It’s the next level of lego building for grown men. And that’s exactly the skill level you need.

What cpu?

You mean you can't tell which the noise is coming from, or can't tell if it's the power delivery of the PSU making the GPU whine?
Ultimately it's the GPU's fault if it's coming from the GPU because the GPU doesn't have filled chokes. Buy a high end card with pricier chokes and you won't get coil whine.

>tfw you bought an 8700k off amazon 2 weeks ago for 300€ +60€ import fee
>tfw now it's at 460€