openbsd has no software, so there's no possibility to get any bugs

Attached: yehaw.gif (900x281, 103K)

implying you have a choice

Attached: 4634.png (300x255, 31K)

I don't have to, the facts speak for themselves
>Project is up since mid-90s
>only 2 remote holes in 20+ years
Also
>Has enough software so that all openBSD devs, many of which completely acclaimed use only openBSD core to work on, so the "not enough software to have holes in it" argument doesn't stand
Unless ofcourse you mean it has a smaller attack surface, but any sane OS worth it's salt should have an attack surface as small as possible
Also has many security mitigations including kernel locks, unveil, doas, you name it

I am glad OpenBSD confuses you brainlets.

The lips on that fish, so gross. Will never touch this software...it's obviously marked towards only black people, like Tyler Perry films. So it doesn't apply to whites or Asians.
Nice to see black people made thier own OS though.

Attached: 1508714389514.png (2481x2139, 378K)

it's not, sorry

>openBSD is sufficient for people who develop openBSD for a living, so it couldn't possible lack software for other uses
Big brain arguments as usual from niggerfish babbies.

>>only 2 remote holes in 20+ years
>based on rigged criteria
kek, reminder that Plan 9 and 9front only had a single remote hole ever
unix requires root privileges for every network-facing service, plan9 requires none
openbsd kernel is huge and mostly unaudited, inherited from 4.2BSD. every time some independent security resercher takes the rout to audit some part, he finds a very critical vulnerability. the whole plan9 has less loc than that and is fully designed from scratch
the biggest security hole for desktop is web browser anyway

>openbsd
Not FreeBSD so it belongs in the trash.

OpenBSD doesn't even have a MAC/MLS solution.

But noone is saying that user
What I'm saying is, it's an OS that suits at least people that develop OSes and other low-level applications, and definitely works if you want to use it for:
>mail
>browsing
>anything involving a terminal
>media usage ie movies, music, reading etc
I'm not saying you can do whatever you'd do on linux on it, and that's obvious really considering it's got a definitely different target group in mind
Don't like it? Don't use it.
But I just answered to the OP whether or not it was secure, and it is
>huge
>mostly unaudited
By plan 9 standards perhaps, by any other OS standards though it's definitely top 1% of most audited and contained kernels out there
>the biggest security hole for desktop is web browser
That's where unveil and the like kick in, yes. But it doesn't mean that you ignore everything else and try to patch that up (nor is the security of the web browser up to the OS ofcourse)

>will never touch software because of the lip size of a fucking mascot

Attached: images(2).jpg (739x415, 10K)

>requires root privileges for every network-facing service
While I agree that's a security risk and the way plan9 does it is superior, usually services bind to the interface then drop privileges.

there's a reason no one is talking about *BSDs besides here on Jow Forums, it is because they are all retarded. Like seriously WHY would you even consider move to an OS that is not meant for everyday usage?

A penguin really?
I'm never touching this software... it's obviously marketed towards homosexuals.
Didn't you know penguins are the most gay out of the animal kingdom?
I guess homosexuals need an OS too, but I thought they had macos.

Attached: 220px-Tux.png (220x261, 39K)

never been on lobste.rs? they loooove openbsd

MAC is actually bad
It's complicated and can brick your system.
If UNIX permissions aren't enough, you're system is a piece of shit.
The only issue with OpenBSD is the lack of TRIM.

can't say I have, although it looks like a reddit knockoff

>software even having a mascot
Very professional.

at least the original guy's post made a little sense, but this one makes none. where is the connection between penguins and homosexuals.
you couldve said that youll never use tunnelbear vpn because bears are big hairy gay men, that would make sense

more of a hackernews knockoff

Unix DAC allows individual users to change their permissions. MAC does not allow users to modify the security policies.

what's your problem with puffy?
Are you a nigger or something?

Attached: OpenBaSeD.png (1280x1290, 1.07M)

Not OP but penguins commonly engage in homosexual behavior

The security of the OS is probably very good. I don't think any OS can protect you from going onto a web browser and clicking stupid things on the internet.

>only 2 remote holes in 20+ years
About as low as its install base!

wait what the fuck link please
devil >>> pufferfish, this is why freebsd is better

This is the point, you dumb... If you don't feel the necessity to use or, just do not do that. Back to your useless 1000+ distros made just for the lulz

Attached: 1540770249235.png (500x762, 486K)

Take your African American fish and fuck off back to Worldstar or wherever the fuck you came from.