Why do majority of you people suggest buying an old thinkpad when ever someone wants a NEW laptop...

Why do majority of you people suggest buying an old thinkpad when ever someone wants a NEW laptop. Nobody wants your archaic autistic computers.

Attached: A77C4F78-0551-49E8-B9F6-0CA1F21CE3D2.jpg (640x480, 36K)

because majority of people here are poor NEETs that can't afford better

Attached: 1543132464093.png (680x680, 12K)

Nice filename, iNPC.

Attached: 1541380982858.jpg (552x615, 30K)

Cause businesses churn out decent condition ones for cheap as balls and Jow Forums doesn't care about asthetics. They are also durable.

i bought a new thinkpad ten years ago and even now there isn't anything suitable as an upgrade
for fucks sake

Aluminum is weak, cold, and not pleasing to the touch. You just want aluminum, cuck OP.

Whilst I don't agree with the people on /tpg/ about getting a t430 or older, because of those threads I got a t450 and it's been awesome
I guess people have different tastes or some gay shit like that

Jow Forums needs soft warm computer parts to emulate the touch of a woman

because you can't afford a new computer worth a damn, you poorfag.

>thinkpads have plastic lid
>3DPDs have plastic tits
hm

Laptops are deprecated.

Attached: 2018-iPad-Pro-Review-Featured.jpg (1600x900, 99K)

The logic is that those old laptops are both cheap and durable which is true. Personally, I'm not interested on anything that isn't even full HD.

It's the same argument with buying a new car vs. a honda or toyota from the late 90s. People just want to be blissfully ignorant to the fact that they can save 90% of what they're about to pay on something that will do the same. exact. job.

Attached: IMG_9572.jpg (784x523, 154K)

Not even that's comparable, because relatively newer ThinkPads use some of the EXACT same processors that Macs use. You can turn an X220 into a hackintosh with minimal effort.

>>thinkpads have plastic lid
orly

Attached: polish3.jpg (1600x1063, 496K)

Because they're better.

yes, the exterior is plastic and the t400/t410 don't remember was the last one with the alloy cover like in your pic

You do better for the price. You don't have to be full autistic and buy a Thinkpad t420, instead get something like t450 onwards. A friend of mine got a t460p with 1080p for 400$ dollars and he's happy with it

Because consumerism is cancer

*blocks your path*

Attached: 61YmYER3h5L._SX425_PIbundle-123,TopRight,0,0_AA425SH20_.jpg (425x425, 22K)

>not changing the file name makes you an NPC
i prefer to use that time to do actually important things

>Can pay $x to get a midrange current gen
>Or can pay the same amount to get a top of the line PC from a couple generations back, giving superior bang to buck

>implying you can even change it on ios
LMAO

Attached: 1516514309422.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

Like what, shitposting on Jow Forums? Eat broken glass until you die, moron.

Attached: chigurh.jpg (635x357, 35K)

are you guys talking about buying purely based for a processor?

>Actually changing filenames of images that you download from the Internet

Attached: emoji.png (631x464, 136K)

Glad to see you're ass blasted over file names, retard. Go cry in the corner where I can't see you.

Attached: lol butthurt.png (485x324, 208K)

>t420
it's clearly t61

I got a 10 year old x200 recently and it runs perfectly fine. Its nearly on par with my most modern laptop

Attached: image.jpg (320x240, 169K)

fpbp

I wanted to fall for the meme because I do like the keyboards but it's really hard to find a genuinely good Thinkpad that has a great screen for photos (IE not 60% sRGB coverage garbage like most of the lineup still today), processing power, battery life, and maybe a little gaming potential.

Went with a XPS 15 2 in 1 - which got me all of that for like $900 refurbished straight from Dell.

Typing on a 10 year old laptop. The only thing better about newer laptops is a superior resolution, and as a weaboo this isn't worth it for me.

>fall for the meme
>trackpoint really hurts fingers
>prefer touchpad
>try making figure eights with the trackpad
>now touchpad
there is a reason no one uses trackpoints

Okay, get a slightly less old Elitebook if you want something all nickel-plated and stylish

nah you're just a fucking idiot

No, why do you think that?

Hmm

Pussy

Newfags will give you actual reasons to use an old thinkpad. The truth is its the same reason every "wut distro?" thread is met with
>install gentoo
You can figure out why exactly that is on your own.

>Newfags will give you actual reasons to use an old thinkpad.
Poorfaggotry. It's always poorfaggotry.

The hw is old and not very good, therefore an ideal candidate for linux. And Jow Forums loves linux, there you have it.

Linux is just a kernel.

I like to lay in bed when I'm on my computer, and this wouldn't let me do that.

>t. pedo jew

Based and weebpilled(if anime(age) < 2009)

Resellers, groupthink npcs, and a handful of them are actually making what they consider a good recommendation.
Always recommending a thinkpad is bad advice though.

>Always recommending a thinkpad is bad advice though
A Core 2 Duo Thinkpad running the GNU operating system can do everything a user will need just fine.

I'm sitting on a godawful Restoration Hardware couch in a $5 million house and only have a T440s, an X200, an X240, and two W540. Wife has a Yoga, which I hate but it's what she wanted.Thankfully the customer service at Restoration Hardware agreed to replace both couches in the living room that sink too much in a couple.weeks. On the other hand, my Thinkpads require zero services because they are nearly perfect machines. This crappy couch cost more than all of them combined. Anyways, OP is a jellyfag.

Attached: cat6120040.jpg (696x342, 39K)

Because there's not a single new computer on the market you can buy that isn't built like fucking shit.

wonder if he's still on Jow Forums, haven't been there in a while

I think they're pretty

based, I treasure my x220. Wonderful machine.

ThinkPads ARE aesthetic, and in the era of everything looking like a fucking MacBook I'd say it's a breath of fresh air to see one in the wild.

Yeah, who likes long-lasting, maintainable and upgradable hardware without having to worry about planned obsolescence anyway?

When did Jow Forums become full of people advocating for depreciating and soldered together slabs of shit over ThinkPads?

Because they aren't overpriced pieces of garbage with horrible keyboards unlike nu-laptops.