Does Jow Forums use desktop icons?

does Jow Forums use desktop icons?

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-10-28-18h45m45s918.png (1280x720, 784K)

>not having a comfy launcher
shiggy diggy

Attached: 1532995668555.png (17x245, 4K)

no

I keep shortcuts to mounted drives and network shares on my desktop and use it as a quick access workspace for whatever I'm currently doing.

no

no. the start menu exists for a reason

no

what's a desktop icon?

no

No

desktop icons are secretly good and are soon going to come back into fashion this is an official warning

good icons:
pixel art
make your own icons
anime icons
cute icons

Attached: __alice_margatroid_touhou_drawn_by_miyo_ranthath__5bb0c0f09a21f8643d2ba7c3f289ea5f.png (1160x1402, 967K)

Yes. I have a handful of things on the desktop, though most of them will also exist on the taskbar or start menu.
I use whichever is most convenient for the time, which changes dependent on what things I have open, where I have things open, and where my mouse currently is.

good idea.
im thinking custom 8x8 pixel looking icons with the background on the same grid. the background could also be pixel art and could look like an overworld of sorts.

>mouse
pleb

no

nope

I use steam os what's a desktop

Attached: SteamOS.png (300x300, 180K)

Yes my desktop is filled with shit. When I get tired of it I make a new folder and shove my entire desktop into the folder

Desktop icons are unnecessary for me.

Who the fuck uses that when you can install steam in every single distro?

thanks circa 2002 me.
if I ever find my old backup drive, I used to be able to delve through my final decade of windows time by following the fractal of `Old Desktop` folders contained therein

I use my desktop as a scratch area

My wife Kagami is so cute

Attached: BGI 2018-11-21 00-42-22-12.jpg (3440x1440, 337K)

desktop what?

Ah I wish I kept backups, but I thought "its a bunch of useless shit I dont need that badly" now I regret it

CMD & taskbar.

no. programs that i use a lot get bound to a shortcut and the rest can stay in the menu

yes

sometimes
like, two of my machines have icons on their desktops
and several other machines don't have jack shit

No

I have a fuckton of scripts on my desktop that I can drag and drop files onto. Purely for convenience. I really need to clean it up though, it's getting out of hand.

Attached: python file count.png (271x23, 939)

No. Why would I have icons in a place that's always covered by windows? I don't have a wallpaper for the same reason, just a solid colour.

bloatniggers have icons
dwm doesnt have this problem

not really ever since I got Launchy
Also what did Kagamin mean by this

no
i3wm
dmenu ftw, I can navigate apps through typing in dmenu faster than my eye locating an icon on the screen

>install steam

Attached: 1541892174735.gif (675x227, 73K)

It is not your wife, and it is definitely not cute. Seek help.

16x16 or its completely fucking useless.

You dont need icons in command line, silly...