>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

Case
>always consider Thermaltake Versa H15 for mATX builds

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev #

Attached: 510dlOUd+gL.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ryzen-Gaming-Motherboard-B450M-CSM/dp/B07FKV5HWJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543187032&sr=8-2&keywords=MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001600
pcpartpicker.com/list/nCYBhM?fbclid=IwAR1cT93-gYQkXMzMgpBxmTbJFiAWq7Ji9c84RrNZ7PHLP3-wBtePMimZElI
pcpartpicker.com/product/Jjhj4D/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_bk)
pcpartpicker.com/product/Zs3RsY/acer-monitor-etvg5hpa01).
feedback.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=trustedps&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2545226.m2531.l4585
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repostan.

Do you have a link to the Mbest monitor? Google is just trying to correct Mbest to best and giving me a bunch of shitty "best monitor" articles.

amazon.com/Ryzen-Gaming-Motherboard-B450M-CSM/dp/B07FKV5HWJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543187032&sr=8-2&keywords=MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard

Is this motherboard compatible with the Ryzen 3 2200g

I saw another user linking that earlier.
It actually seems very good if you don't mind curved.
1080p 144hz monitor options are very limited, really. Mostly TN garbage. So seems you did about as well as you could for that resolution. Most of the good monitors are 1440p.

Just google and make sure it doesn't correct it to "best". There is literally only one model that is exported. 1440p 144hz.

is a 1070ti under $390 a good deal?

Fucking hell, choosing pc parts shouldn’t be this stressful, prices are supposed to go down over time, not up!
The RAM I was eyeing went up 25% overnight.
When’s the next sale, Christmas? I feel like I’ve missed my chance to get a reasonably priced cpu and gpu

For a decent model it's not bad. Cheaper ones have been going for around or under $350.

>PC component pricing is volatile over black Friday weekend
STOP THE PRESS
But seriously, if you see a component from your desired build go on sale, snap it up!

No. You can get Vega for that which supports Freesync. Or less if you include the games.
Nvidia cards haven't been good value since these recent sales started.
I have seen 1070Ti for as cheap as $300 the last few days, too; almost comparable to the Vega prices.

>The RAM I was eyeing went up 25% overnight.
Next time don't ignore the advice to buy things when you see a good deal, instead of waiting for it to go up in price or out of stock. You deserve this.

Do I have to migrate a bunch of shit to my secondary HDD before I do this since I'm trying to go from 1tb HDD to 500gb SSD?? I just want the SSD for the OS and a few small programs.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1592x584, 97K)

Are these temps too high? I honestly expected a little lower with the thermaltake floe 360 AIO cooler. I'm glad i bought this locally for $100 NIB, no way its worth msrp The temps seem to be jumping around a lot at idle, jumping from 34-50 all the time according to hwmonitor. Any advice? Radiator is mounted in the front right in a thermaltake view 71 case

The gpu is a reference vega 64. it is loud as fuck. Pic related shows an hour of testing in the witcher 3

I have a little buyer's remorse as i expected cooler temps with my cpu, but it runs games pretty well.

Attached: temps updates.png (519x804, 43K)

First you clone your shit, second you check that it works, then you can ask question about what could go where.

Why can't you fuckers create new threads on the regular?

Why do I have to wait 2 hours to continue shitposting here?

Also, what anime girl should I theme my build around? (case, rgb, peripherals, wallpaper, etc.)

Attached: 1514773572596.jpg (500x375, 31K)

>The temps seem to be jumping around a lot at idle, jumping from 34-50 all the time according to hwmonitor
Thats not idling. There's something running for it to load up like that...

It peaks at 94W? That is high but that sounds like it's incorrectly read.
142 Amps seems EXTREMELY wrong as well. That's double what it should be, unless I'm missing something and wrong. Even with PBO enabled, that seems way too high.
>The gpu is a reference vega 64. it is loud as fuck. Pic related shows an hour of testing in the witcher 3
Yep. You'll want to undervolt it and/or do something with the cooler.

>thermaltake view 71
Sure you can view but can it breathe?
Add some fans if you are with the stock ones

Redpill me on the fractal design r6, is it a good case?

This is a clean install on a legit copy of windows 10. Nothing is currently open, except the webbrowser, but even when it is closed and HWmonitor is open, it is still jumping.

How do I adjust that power usage?

It's common for AIOs to have their temps jump around suddenly. It's the way water transfer works. The temps will stabilize a lot faster than air coolers though. According to AMD, Vega is a card designed to run hot so as long as you aren't peaking at 99C it should be fine.

>Why can't you fuckers create new threads on the regular?
Based Versa H15 user literally dropped this thread as last one hit bump limit.
>Also, what anime girl should I theme my build around
I got you homey

Attached: YyhjHj9.jpg (5000x2222, 449K)

I have 3 140mm fans and 3 120mm fans, plus the 3 120mm fans on the radiator

>Are these temps too high? I honestly expected a little lower with the thermaltake floe 360 AIO cooler.
>HE GOD MEMED INTO RYZEN
AAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1374257780288.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Are your radiator fans set to exhaust air or pull in air? Push or pull config?

>designed to run hot

not even replying lol

Attached: 1517195908454.jpg (690x720, 77K)

>No. You can get Vega for that which supports Freesync. Or less if you include the games.
>Nvidia cards haven't been good value since these recent sales started.

Every vega 56 I have seen is like $450+ compared to a 1070ti which I can find for $380. Considering both are similar in 1440p with the 1070ti beating in some cases, how is the Vega a better deal?

because you can heat your room with it?

>Ryzen 2600 is now 185 on amazon

Attached: 1386273851277.png (215x215, 10K)

>but even when it is closed and HWmonitor is open, it is still jumping
If it's jumping, then it's loading up. It could be you've botched the thermal paste application, but given you've run Witcher for an hour, I doubt that's the case. I'd be guessing Hwinfo is getting a false reading, there's still something happening in the back ground, or there's a hardware level fault possibly with the Motherboard.
As the other guy said, undervolt your Vega.

Attached: spookybezos.png (400x300, 90K)

It'll make no difference with user's fan count.
>It's common for AIOs to have their temps jump around suddenly. It's the way water transfer works. The temps will stabilize a lot faster than air coolers though
What? It's literally the exact opposite of that.

>How do I adjust that power usage?
Make sure BIOS is updated for starters.
I'm really not sure. I'm not sure I've seen amperage that high. I'm inclined to think it's just reporting wrong. Those temps and power draw readings are very abnormal.

Too large. There are smaller NAS options.

Because there's been AIB cards for $400 which include $100 of games.
And you save a ton on the monitor, with better options.
Hell even if Vega really cost $100 more, saving $200 on monitor and being able to get a better monitor both easily offsets that.

all modern GPUs are designed to run hot. Thats why they are mostly rated for peak temps of 105C before throttling kicks in.

Yes, don't listen to vega tards

I think I never had a curved monitor in front of me either, man I'm scared.

Show me a picture that best represents Nvidia

Why shouldn't I?

Attached: 1419886577685.png (1064x698, 337K)

DONT MEME ME BRO

its pushing air through the radiator, i've attached a pic, excuse the cables, im about to install a new 750 psu that came in yesterday.

even the temp in bios is jumping from 30's-50's since i need to put in the new psu, i'm going to clean and replace thermal paste.

I'll be back and hopefully there is an improvement.

Attached: rgbmeme.jpg (624x468, 28K)

>I have a little buyer's remorse as i expected cooler temps with my cpu, but it runs games pretty well.
It's a typical story from amd buyers. Pic related a stock 2600 with 212 evo, five 140mm case fans and premium thermal paste

Attached: compare.jpg (3196x970, 702K)

What should I do with thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001600 their are no AM4 brackets so I was thinking about using it as a door stop.

return it or sell it to someone else?

The one with the multiple GPU boxes for SLI for a 10 year old to play Minecraft.

Why didn't you get a liquid cooler for the Vega? It could use it a lot more than the CPU.

>even the temp in bios is jumping from 30's-50's
That is incredibly strange. My 1600X rarely gets over 43C on air cooling.
Are you sure the pump in your AIO is even working?
What does Ryzen Master report?

Attached: rx480 hybrid.jpg (432x768, 115K)

good 144hz 1080p monitor for gayming? budget is between $200 - $300

6 year old desktop set up
>pcpartpicker.com/list/nCYBhM?fbclid=IwAR1cT93-gYQkXMzMgpBxmTbJFiAWq7Ji9c84RrNZ7PHLP3-wBtePMimZElI

Basically any shooter has graphical tearing and polygonal issues. The goal here is to upgrade GPU, but I understand that implies other outdated parts must be upgraded. My initial upgrades were Ryzen 5 2600 and radeon rx 2600

If not painfully obvious, filthy casual techie. Any insights into what MUST be changed/upgraded and how to cost effectively go about doing so?

Attached: 19-113-496-V01.jpg (1280x960, 53K)

>DONT MEME ME BRO
I'm afraid you aren't memed, you are shilled.

>Muh Freesync
Literally an AMD smokescreen so people don't realize their GPUs aren't powerful enough to properly drive their monitors or to provide a consistent framerate.

Why is literally no one commenting that this nigger is running 2700x on fucking 4.6ghz?

Already told you last thread: GPU change will net you the biggest gains, and try to OC your CPU but you won't stream with it anyway. Otherwise you can also change everything if you can afford it.

Well said! Cheers!

>The one with the multiple GPU boxes for SLI for a 10 year old to play Minecraft
>implying they weren't formidable mining cards
But seriously
>Are you sure the pump in your AIO is even working?
This has actually got me thinking...
What's the pump speed curve look like in your bios? There could be a chance the fan header your pump's plugged into might have a "silent" setting until the CPU reaches ~50°C.

because it's a bug, it's not actually running that fast.

When i said stream i meant watching youtube/twitch...not actively streaming myself.

Reason I asked again is because I didn't know if my other parts allow me to simply change only the GPU

don't listen to this incel, 2700x can easily run 4.6GHz, it's a little fact shills here try to hide from the general public

But comparable priced Radeon cards get at least the same frame rates as Nvidia counterparts?

kys

That MSI one linked at the end of the last thread, probably. Still down to $215 which I think is considerably cheaper than normal.

Why do you keep repeating this attempt at gas lighting every thread?

The entire point of Freesync/Gsync is that you still get a smooth experience WITHOUT having to be locked at the refresh rate.

>CPU suggestions
>no motherboard suggestions
Goddamit, there's a shitload of mobos out there and nobody to point at the right direction. I just need a decent mobo for a Ryzen 5 2600X build (I plan no OC): I haven't chosen a form factor yet, so suggest me a motherboard for each form factor.

second

online store sent me 32gb of ram instead of 16gb of ram

what the hell do i do with 32gb of ram now that i have it?

Attached: 1519466975457.jpg (191x264, 5K)

>2600x
>no OC
!?!?!?!?!?

mATX pro4 was $55 the other day.

Motherboards are impossible to cover in the OP.
Could maybe in the paste, but it's still a crapshoot.

Ram cache.

Source? As far as i know that nigger is running 2700x at 4.6ghz so no wonder he gets high temps.

>powerful enough to properly drive their monitors
With Nvidia's hybrid ray tracing even their 2070 will run a 1080p display sub 60 frames. You'll need g-sync to not experience stuttering

>The entire point of Freesync/Gsync is that you still get a smooth experience WITHOUT having to be locked at the refresh rate.
It's exactly what I said.
To hide the fact that your GPU isn't powerful enough to properly drive your monitor at its native refresh rate.

Also RAM, because that "how much RAM" serves no purpose in the OP.
I don't know how to OC, have no will to learn, and no time to do it anyway.

>Why do you keep repeating this attempt at gas lighting every thread
Just stop fucking replying to them.

just peeked the last thread, the curved one? always thought curved monitors were memes?

Hey, first time builder here. I'm starting off with ATX, mostly because I lucked into some free, decent parts.

My first case is a Phanteks Eclipse (pcpartpicker.com/product/Jjhj4D/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_bk) and I'm looking for a solid starter MB and CPU. I'm hoping for something less than 200 USD for each, but I'm piece-mealing this thing over time, so if it's a bit over but worth it, I'm game to hear it. Monitor is an ACER G235H (pcpartpicker.com/product/Zs3RsY/acer-monitor-etvg5hpa01).

General usage is going to be gaming and regular net browsing. Already set up with an HDD and an SSD, and some DDR3 RAM.

>To hide the fact that your GPU isn't powerful enough to properly drive your monitor at its native refresh rate.
oh no no NO

Attached: 3.png (1440x1000, 41K)

Friendly reminder that the Thermaltake Versa H15 is a lackluster case with dogshit room for cable management, there are much better options (Corsair 200R) for not that much more.

t. Thermaltake Versa H15 owner

Well yeah, goysync isn't any better. Worse even if you consider the premium paid on the monitor

>To hide the fact that your GPU isn't powerful enough to properly drive your monitor at its native refresh rate.
Wow if that's really what you meant, then you are actually deliberately retarded.
A 2080Ti can't run every single game at 144hz either even at 1080p, you fucking moron. Stop trying to gas light people.

>always thought curved monitors were memes?
It's personal preference. If you feel that way, then yeah it's probably not for you.
I think it's only a big deal if you're doing art.

This is why you read reviews.

Just get the next faster one or even the 2080ti if this is not powerful enough, does AMD not offer anything above that level? Must suck to not have a high end GPU portfolio.

>and some DDR3 RAM
Well you'll be up for new DDR4 memory then, as there's no platform made in the last 3 years that uses DDR3. Unless you build an old Haswell system.
Or you can go an R5 2600, Asrock B450 Pro4 and 3200CL16 memory for a bit under $400.

cables management is for ricers, the H15 is good for the price, 200R is slightly nicer but slighty more expensive

>a much larger full ATX case has more room than an mATX
STOP THE PRESS
Seriously though, the Versa H15 is fine to work in even if it's not as accommodating as a Define R6.

Even the 2080ti can't drive a 1080p display fast enough to not experience stuttering with DXR

Attached: 1.png (1440x1000, 42K)

Your other parts (outside of your CPU) are pretty shit, so in the long term you will have to. And obviously a new build won't cost you $400. Right now you can get by with a new GPU and CPU OC, but consider that milking hwat's worth out of your current system.

what are my options if I want to overclock the shit out of my 2700x without a noticeable amount of noise

>oh no no no
its 2018, this meme is old

AsRock B450(M) Pro 4 for a 2600X, Mortar/Tomahawk for a 2600.
It's just PBO m8, couldn't be easier. Even regular OC isn't some kind of mystical process honed for generations.

A bigger cooler with more thermal headroom that doesn't have to spin to hard.

water cooling

i'm considering it, just wondering if there were any negatives to it, i do a little bit of drawing but i guess i always have my current monitor for that

>got mine for $149 plus tax and tip

Attached: 1542747893112.png (225x225, 20K)

The only negative is really just the fact that straight lines won't appear completely straight. Like draw a line at the upper and lower part of a piece of paper and curve it slightly while holding it in front of you.
For CONSUMING content, that's perfectly fine. For creating content, it can be a slight problem.

What is "overclock the shit out of"?
Sub ambient is an option.
Most people are satisfied with like 102-104 BCLK.

Ah damnit. At least I got it cheap... that probably should have been a sign. It is nice to see that I'm clocking in around what I was expecting though, even with the added memory purchase.

thoughts on the corsair 500d? and it vs the nzxt h500 (and/or h700, though i think the h700 is too big, assuming the only difference between the two is size)?

Isn't the 500D about the same size as an H700? It looks nicely finished, but it ain't small.

8700k for only 270€ shipped here

Attached: CB3Klb9WMAAvDSH.jpg (472x461, 25K)

link me up on that pls, fampai

It doesn't let me clone my shit tho, says insufficient space, which is why I asked what I asked

I have 2 stick of RAM and I want to buy 2 more. Do I have to buy RAM from the same company?

well fug. i'm worried about temps and dust too. iirc one of the reviews i saw for the 500d said it had some openings for dust to get in. also, temperatures don't seem that good for it

my current case is the fractal define r4 (broke the front panel, need to replace it), wish i didn't have to buy something much bigger since i don't have much room for it

Isn't the ASRock B450(M) Pro 4 just their B350(M) Pro 4 but with support for Zen+ out of the box?

This guy feedback.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=trustedps&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2545226.m2531.l4585

If it doesn't resize the partition automatically, that means you have more shit on your HDD than your SSD can handle. You have to transfer that to another drive and try again when it's the right size.

B450 have new features over 350 boards, so no.

doesn't matter what you buy as long as it supports the voltage and speeds for your motherboard

Do you have a shit load of 3.5" HDDs to house? If not, why not something like a Meshify C, RL06 or 400C?
Looks to be similar. They're only a 3 phase VRM, but of reasonable capacity and a reasonable heatsink on said VRM.