Who else is still running windows 7 in 2018?

who else is still running windows 7 in 2018?

Attached: Capture.png (900x651, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1809.frag
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#4faf7fc43a23
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Win7 reporting in
speccy show CPU temps 20 degree above real values and GPU has 11GB of VRAM...

Attached: cpu temp wtf.png (1407x837, 148K)

I used to use Windows 7 until AMD drivers got worse on it.

ya speccy does that even in 10 the 1070 doesnt even have a 4 gig configuration

here are my real temps.
fucking winter is freezing my CPU

Attached: real temps.png (535x591, 48K)

Windows 10 ltsc is a thing now lads, it's time to let go. You can get rid of 90% of the botnet by installing, windows 7 is now compromised anyway. If privacy is that important to you then you're gonna have to learn how to hack loonix to be somewhat usable.

loonix is already usable for me when i install it i forget im not running windows till i try to play one game the witcher 3 since i own the GOG version i cant even try to run it with proton and steam yet

I have windows 10 LTSB too
I have no idea what windows 10 ltsc is though.

Attached: windows 10.png (1513x287, 27K)

For all my PCs, it's GOT to be Windows 10.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 433K)

>I have no idea what windows 10 ltsc is though.
basically 2019 ltsb
micropajeet decided to rename ltsb to ltsc because india

Anybody running 16 bit os

Faggot microsoft realized people are using their stripped down OS for other things than a cash register so they're calling it long term support channel, 1809 was released like 2 weeks ago. They don't want consumers using it though as it hampers profitable user data mining.

why would you run a 16 bit OS?

no but i run 32bit win10 ltsc to play 16bit games like nfs3 and road rash

I am, but out of laziness (no direct need for upgrade), and not because of tinfoil-head privatism.

>They don't want consumers using it though as it hampers profitable user data mining.
Well, fuck microshit, downloading it right now.

Attached: fuck microshit.png (1247x275, 54K)

>not using KFCOS

Attached: Screenshot (68).png (1920x1080, 754K)

don't upgrade what ain't broken, I say

Just make sure the md5 things matches up with the micropajeet one to avoid downloading another botnet. Also it's not 100% free of botnet even after you set telemetry to basic and tell microsoft to fuck off with all the other privacy settings and group policy/service edits. Still a massive relief from consumer wankers 10 botnet tho.

yes, kinda sad that I'm getting an 8th gen i7 laptop so I'm going to have to go Win10 on it.

Attached: speccy4.png (1209x528, 188K)

I was a holdout until a few days ago when my main HD "died" temporarily. Scared me enough to move my OS install to a new SSD, and I couldn't justify installing 7 afresh for the small remaining support period. Especially dealing with drivers.

Windows 10 is a fucking paradox of an OS.
On one hand it's actually wonderful. Smooth multiple desktop support, wsl and powershell make CLI actually work decently without cygwin garbage. Snappy desktop experience with smooth but not overkill animations. Feels very quick and light and you feel like you're getting full use out of (good) hardware. Drivers for minor stuff mostly autodetect which is great.

On the other hand the botnet and advertising has its roots buried deep resulting in horrible usability for lots of common tasks, like fucking SEARCHING your computer. Bing and Cortana will never fucking go away and candy crush and minecraft are always waiting to get back in your face. And there's no way to disable any of this shit. It's also a fucking mess due to all the legacy and new pajeetware trying to coexist in one big miasma.

Win10 is the only OS that I would review 10/10 and 0/10 simultaneously.

I'm still running XP.

group policy, retard

Who needs support? Not an excuse.

I run it on an offline machine.

does DOS count?

That's not the best windows OS...why don't you INSTALL the best windows ever anons? Guess you must like telemetry...

Attached: windows_xp_tan_by_lorddiablo006 (1).jpg (640x480, 201K)

Yes

I have to use it at work

Running 7 Professional and 7 Ultimate on a VM because I did my reinstall in the wrong order and was too lazy to redo it.
Had to take the effort recently to remove a bunch of stuff from the registry and task scheduler because they apparently tried to sneak telemetry in with windows updates.

Put this computer together in 2009, upgraded the video card a year or two ago. I figure I'll put together a new computer in 1-3 years. At that time I'll either install the new thing or reluctantly install w10 and spend the time learning what I have to remove and disable.

This has been a problem since 2011. I have the original gtx Titan with 6GB vram and only 4GB is detected

Sup retards

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

No but I like having a modern fully functioning browser and playing second life and xp can do neither

>Guess you must like telemetry
Oh that telemetry that's easy to block if you know the updates and even then should not do anything unless MS wants to risk new lawsuits over changed license agreement which the user did not consent to.

Attached: 1276621273736.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1809.frag

Attached: 79.png (300x100, 32K)

i came here to post this
windows 7 serves my needs perfectly, i have no reason to change anything

Speccy shows my 2700X to be like 70-80 degrees hotter than hwinfo. Weird shit.

I'm running win7 until MS unfucks the most recent update for LTSC. Been planning to switch over for a while.

can you easily upgrade from the 2016 ltsb to the ltsc without losing data or is it a clean install?

Patch

How did you get Windows 7 to install on your system? I have a Threadripper and it won't install for shit despite having tried the Windows 7 USB patchers from all the motherboard vendors I can think of (Ass rock, Meme SI, Ass us, Gigaybyte, etc.).

Attached: Speccy64_2018-11-26_07-29-05.png (860x627, 78K)

Currently using Win7 Ultimate. Trying to phase out to Mint or Manjaro.

>windows 7 is now compromised
Stop lying

Jesus I didn't expect this thread to be about this long

How do I activate LTSB without buying a license pay monthly thing

Yeah. By update descriptions they should not do anything unless the user turns on CEIP. And user agreement to extra collections was never asked.

PROVE IT'S COLLECTING SOMETHING IT SHOULD NOT. I DARE YOU.

>You can get rid of 90% of the botnet by installing
Sure thing. By installing placebo software I'd assume.
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#4faf7fc43a23
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328

>what is router and wireshark
Retarded nigger kys.

>what is router and wireshark
Tools used in one of these tests on the supposedly telemetry free enterprise releases. And unsurprisingly, they confirmed it's impossible to disable anything.
>Retarded nigger kys.
Forgot to filter "kys" somehow, thanks.

I still use Windows 7. I don't care about all the telemetry shit, Google and Mozilla already know everything about me, giving all my data to Microsoft too doesn't worry me, but Windows 10 is incredibly shitty.
Installed it in a VM, the first thing I did was to try and remove all the ads that were everywhere. Before I could finish, it started installing an update that I couldn't stop, and I couldn't do anything until it ended, and after I rebooted, all the crap was back. I don't have a computer to play with Windows, I have a computer to use it, and right now Windows 10 is a worse choice than Windows 10 for me.

i used to use windows 7
until i needed IVSHMEM support

Still on win 7, partly because of my laziness, partly because the C: drive is so fucking clogged I don't think I could even update it.
also, is there something different regarding the botnet on win 10 edu version?

I am.
>You can get rid of 90% of the botnet
1. Shouldn't have to fight your os in the first place
2. What about that other 10 percent huh?

Windows 7 is the last known good Windows.

By pirating a pre-activated version.

ltsc is shit, 2x more processes because eveything windows related runs in its own process.

get ltsb2016 and you still get 8 years of updates

This.

>incel inside

Which cooler are you using?