What the f*ck is with this coaxial sh*t?

I've come across some yellow RCA video cables.

> Nothing unusual except they're a bit thicker than than others.
> Notice the writing on the PVC says RG-59/U Coaxial Cable
> It's clearly labeled "video" on the yellow plug
> Begin to wonder if this can carry sound like f-type coaxial
> Upon research I find it impossible to get answer to "where is negative connection"
> have to use multimeter to verify that outer cap is ground
> Notice that PVC writing on F-Type cable also says RG-59/U Coaxial Cable despite it being very different from RCA cable with the same labeling.

Why do they give the exact same name to two very different cables with two different purposes?

Attached: CAS515.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Coaxial-Adapter-Female-RCA-Male/dp/B000AAL4PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you fucking stupid? RG-59 is the type of cable, not the type of plug or the purpose. I could terminate CAT6 with RCA connectors and it would still be CAT6. Same as I could send S/PDIF over RG-59 if I fucking wanted to.
> Upon research I find it impossible to get answer to "where is negative connection"
Because you're the only person on Earth retarded enough to look at a coax connector and think: "Yeah, it'd be a good idea to use the center conductor as ground and the shield as the signal carrier"

Just for the record, you are useless.

Attached: trivia.png (524x357, 217K)

Hi, I found a coaxial cable with RCA written on the plug. It's screwed up.

not that user, you're a retard

amazon.com/Coaxial-Adapter-Female-RCA-Male/dp/B000AAL4PA

apparently people would use it as a heavy duty cable.
the coaxial cable shielding works great for long runs (as far as i can tell)

Your complaint is very valid indeed. Anyone who doesn't see the problems with this labeling inconsistency is most definitely mentally deficient.

OP is correct. You are a sad case of stupid.

FPBP

Don't fricking swear I'll report you

HAR! HAR! HAR!
Your rambling is awesome comic material.

You are not alone. I work in the cable industry and everyone is constantly complaining about this stupid labeling. RCA is not the same as F-Type just as 59/U is not the same as 6U, yet the manufacturers use these terms interchangeably.

Yeah, me too. I was with Nortel for years and we all had this issue, but none of us had the courage to speak out about it like OP.

Verizon checking in. For us it's a matter of screw caps vs sliders. We always call them by their correct name of course, that being coaxial.
We're not a bunch of psychos!

It's frustrating, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. The cable making business is grossly backward and inefficient.
Never give up the fine fight OP. You truly are a hero to us all.

I have a cable like this for my Atari 2600. the atari outputs on channel 3 of the analog cable band and uses a thinner coax cable that terminates with an rca connector. i have a barrel connector and a cable like this to connect it to a CRT TV with an analog tuner through the standard coax connector.

y'know I understood like 50% of the words in this but I believe you anyways

>I understood like 50% of the words in this
It's because 50% of what he was is invented bull crap.

100% with Op on this one.

>believe
lol believe

>I could terminate CAT6 with RCA connectors and it would still be CAT6
Actually you can't. Cat6 is a cable assembly. That is how Radio Guide cables work though. Also OP is fucking stupid.

A solitary RCA connection can carry both video and stereo audio. Yes or no?

OP those cables have literally 2 connectors on each end.

If you have any trouble understanding how they work god fucking help you, because you are a certified true retard.

>you are a certified true retard.
Says the one who actually pays to use Jow Forums.

I bet you had to breathe to post that, I saved my breath for more important shit.

XD

Yes, of course. How do you think analog cable TV works? It's the same shit.

Then why are RCA cables always divide into composite or component. They never carry all the signals over one cable. Only F-type coaxial does that.

Bandwidth, and to a lesser extent avoiding interference from analog filters. The connector type doesn't matter on these cables.

Then why are F-Types never divided?

Because F-type connectors were considered shit back in the 1920s and they're only used in residential cable installation. You could build an appliance that sends component video over F connectors if you really wanted.

>only used in residential cable installation
Not so. VCRs, antennas and video games up to 4th generation used F-type.

>answers accurately and completely
no, user, you are useless. even when the answers are handed to you you can't seem to grasp the idea

Nice try. We all know you're the same guy, just pretending to be someone else trying to pathetically defend yourself. So sad and outrageous.
Am I right everyone?

Hell yeah!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. You are very smart, and sound sexy too.

this argument is as pointless as your accusation, i can't prove i'm someone else, and you can't prove it isn't

You are soooo right.
Your writing style gives you away.

Sing it brother!

Attached: 1514452317409.jpg (288x175, 9K)