>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

Case
>always consider Thermaltake Versa H15 for mATX builds

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev #

Attached: images (3).jpg (407x754, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4SXNQ5/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b1PRa8h_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=NT7XQ6S9Z0G3H62RQSCK&pf_rd_r=NT7XQ6S9Z0G3H62RQSCK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=035ed3f3-2324-50b1-8482-3da8d729b47d&pf_rd_p=035ed3f3-2324-50b1-8482-3da8d729b47d&pf_rd_i=1292115011
pcpartpicker.com/list/tbqbZR
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/m3bwFt
memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_MM00001280
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16883230370
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Rx97gw
store.zotac.com/zotac-geforcer-gtx-1060-mini-zt-p10600a-10l-1723
pcpartpicker.com/list/zMc4mq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck niggers and fuck jannies.

Attached: 285.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Am I going to be losing performance if I purchase a 9700k/9600k with no hyper-threading?

I hate that the two best options are a 1 year old 8700k and an over price, over powered 9900k.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Odd thread to ask this in, but any good demoscene downloads to benchmark my modern PC hardware? Not really looking for scores or actual benchmark programs, I just want to admire real time 3D demos.

Attached: Djoms3UYAInVlj.jpg (850x850, 59K)

Based

FUCKING RAM PRICES
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: EESUFAM.png (921x647, 1.44M)

>Am I going to be losing performance if I purchase a 9700k/9600k with no hyper-threading
Gaming? Not really. Although there's plenty of evidence out there that 6 thread CPUs experience worse 0.1% lows these days on more CPU demanding games. I'd still choose an 8700k or 9700k over any of the other Coffeelake offerings, but I'd only choose them if I was pairing it with a 2080ti, or maybe a 1080ti/2080. Otherwise a much better value Ryzen won't have any negligible difference with a 2070/1080/Vega or lower GPU.

I just bought a 1070ti to replace my dying 980ti and now crypto prices are plummeting, should I have just waited a few months? Got like $100 from a black friday sale anyway but it would have been nice to have a 1080 even if I don't really need one.

How to buy chinkshit Dhyana zen CPUs?

Any good deals on monitors? currently have 1080p 60hz monitor and a gtx1080 for literally no reason.
found this shit but idk

amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4SXNQ5/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b1PRa8h_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=NT7XQ6S9Z0G3H62RQSCK&pf_rd_r=NT7XQ6S9Z0G3H62RQSCK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=035ed3f3-2324-50b1-8482-3da8d729b47d&pf_rd_p=035ed3f3-2324-50b1-8482-3da8d729b47d&pf_rd_i=1292115011

we going to see GPU deals tomorrow? cyber monday or nah?

GPU prices have already normalised. You would've gained nothing by waiting, except having 1070ti run out of stock.

We definitely will, and that's totally a question that can be answered objectively and accurately.

Anyone? Should be cheaper, no?

Gaming is probably my main use with other side performances like audio work in Ableton.

I initially wanted to get the 9900k but for the current price of $740 and the subpar gains, it seems like the 9700k is the better option. 8700k if I was on a budget.

blurbusters has an updated list of gaming monitors with good deals.

You wouldn't gain much if anything at all waiting longer. I think the prices are going to stay where they're at for awhile.
I'd look locally, you can probably snag a 1080ti for $500-800.

>and now crypto prices are plummeting
the correct thing to do is sell everything you own and buy bitcoin
right now

buy a 2x x5650 and get 32GB DDR3 ECC for $50

Looking to upgrade the build I've had for about a year and a half as seen here.

pcpartpicker.com/list/tbqbZR

I mainly play video games and occasionally stream for friends, but at the bare minimum I'd like to get a new 144hz monitor (using a gtx 1070) and with this whole g-sync and freesync stuff I was hoping someone could recommend something good. As long I can click the circles to the beat with the least amount of delay I'll be happy.

Does anybody here have any experience with removing a graphic’s card’s stock cooler? I’m trying to install a Kraken G12 on my 1080 Ti but it appears the fan is plugged into the header with two small backwards clip things and I’m afraid that if I pull any harder I’m going to rip the entire header off. Pic related.

Attached: 22D2D435-271F-4462-864E-F4649A0E83FB.jpg (1718x1903, 510K)

>I just bought a 1070ti to replace my dying 980ti
What an extremely minor upgrade.
At least you'll give a cheap used 980Ti to someone else.

You can clearly see it has the two clips there holding it in, yes.
Just stick a needle in each side to pull the white part back out of the way of the hooks.

pussy

Hey kid, do you know how to get a chinked epyc CPU?

I posted in previous thread and was given some advice, I failed to follow most of it desu.

Case, SSD, HDD, PSU are already purchased and in use in the computer.

The RAM is RGB because it's the cheapest 16gb 3000MHz available.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/m3bwFt

>Westmere Xeons
Based and redpilled
I think you're on the path. If you feel as though the IPC advantage of a high end Coffeelake will advantage your setup, the overpriced multithreaded 9900K probably still isn't needed. I'd put the price difference between a 9900K and a 9700k toward high speed ram.

Retard

lol that's literally what I'm doing!

I wanted to get the Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16 but it fucking sold out!

Currently have a TX750
Fan is by far the loudest thing in my system
Should I
>replace the fan with something quiet
>replace the entire PSU with CX450M
Both options would be $20 but I'm worried the fan on the CX450M will also be too loud for my tastes. On the other hand having a modular PSU would be nice and I don't need a 750W PSU for my main computer anymore, and it would be nice to have a spare laying around.
Wat do?

put sound deadening in your case

Why pay an extra $100 for the i5-8600k over the R5 2600?

Why would the CX450M be much more silent than the TX750?

Why didn't you get it before it sold out?

why not get a high rated PSU with fan stop?

Sale said it ended in two days. I was still adding things to my cart, like the 9700k

is there any case that can replace the corsair 200r in terms of a simple, non-windowed case, expandability and ease to build in?

and price of course

Yes. Downsize from an ATX to an mATX and place into a Versa H15 windowless version.

i bought a 1920x, trying to build a TR budget workstation, what should i get?

drive bays etc don't look as nice, but damn it is cheap, still has space for a 5.25" drive. nice shout

fug, wish i had the money now for this memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_MM00001280
(it's CAD)

Yeah, for a small package it achieves a lot.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16883230370
Thinking of picking this up Jow Forums, tell me what you think?

>Why pay an extra $100 for the i5-8600k over the R5 2600?

Ok how's this?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Rx97gw

Refurbed Zotac Mini GTX 1060 is going for ~$140 if you factor in shipping costs. Is this I good deal? I've got a brand new one in my Amazon cart for ~$230

when exactly do cyber monday deals start?

What's a jannie?

Anyone here own an EVGA G3 PSU? I've heard the eco-mode is shit because it gets loud with the aggressive fan curve, but how is it if you have eco-mode off? Is it louder than other PSUs?

>1050ti
Yikes.
You can do a build with an RX570 for around the same cost.

>Ok how's this?
>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Rx97gw
Not a great board, but should work fine for what you're doing.

Considering you can get a NEW RX580 for around the same price, no.

Yeah idk I've heard some people say they're loud and others say they're silent.

are there any decent silver aluminum cases like pic related?

Attached: aluminium.jpg (469x500, 20K)

Where the hell are you finding brand new 580s for $140?

a 3gb 1060?

$200 and subtract $80 for the 2 game keys that you can sell for about $40 each if you don't want them.

Look at Jonsbo cases. They come in silver aluminum and similar styling.

>Look at Jonsbo cases
Based and redpilled

The 6gb 1060
store.zotac.com/zotac-geforcer-gtx-1060-mini-zt-p10600a-10l-1723

More work than I'm willing to put in selling them. The new 1060 comes with MHW and I actually want that game.

>Look at Jonsbo cases. They come in silver aluminum and similar styling.
cheers user

What cooler fits a 2700x well assuming I have a huge case?

my g3 is pretty quiet with eco mode off

Always happy to shill Jonsbo when I can.

The refurb comes with MHW? Seems like a good deal then if you want the game. But it doesn't say that on the store page so I don't think that's true.
Just that you say that selling keys is a hassle. Do you know how much hassle repeatedly sending back RMAs is because a refurbished card shouldn't have passed QA and they keep sending you more busted ones?

True Spirit 140.

Wonder why they're so eager to get rid of it. Rip off the stock cooler and liquid AIO that bitch and it's a steal.

So it hasn't given you any problems? It doesn't get too loud at any points? I am looking to get it and I would run it with eco-mode off just like you.

Is the true spirit 140 significantly better than the wraith prism? I want to be like 35c under full load.

>cannot connect to this network
>second display not detected, update drivers online bro
>cannot connect to this network :^)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS 10 SO FUCKING MUCH GODDAMMIT FUCK

FUCK BILL GATES FUCKING CUNT MELINDA BURN IN HELL FUCK MICROSOFT FUCK FUCCK FYCK FUCK

>maybe my wireless card isn’t working
>try different receiver

>connect phone to laptop for wired hotspot
>works like a charm
>connect phone to pc for wired hotspot

FUCKING WHY
WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT CONNECT TO THE NETWORK YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT OS

FUCK

I meant the new card. With the game bundle, the difference is about $30 which is what I'm willing to pay for on a new card and 100% less stressful return policy.

I'm wondering that too. I'm guessing these might be ex-mining cards since a lot of people have been trying to get rid of them on Reddit.

what this user saidalso lian li or in win

Attached: inwin901.jpg (1000x667, 186K)

is it worth reading up about the difference between a/g/b/n/ac or whatever or are cheap and expensive wifi adapters functionally similar

just install gentoo already user

Just bought this tall, thin, mother fucker. It's pretty kino, except i wish the dividing plate for the bottom had bigger openings for my AIO to actually fit in there.

Attached: pic2.jpg (600x500, 158K)

>I want to be like 35c under full load
Christ there's some people with funny ideas. Not even custom loop watercooling is capable of this without chilling the radiator.

Don't get anything that doesn't support 802.11 ac. The other letters are ancient standards that don't matter or we're updated by ac.

pcpartpicker.com/list/zMc4mq
Current build mostly for gaming, was thinking of upgrading to an 8700K but not sure if this new gen is entirely worth it, thoughts?

This along with other TT cases have always intrigued me. I would've bought one of those budget EK-WB 360A kits instead of the AIO though, and just routed the tubes to the basement.

What should I be shooting for then with a semi high end closed loop water-cooler or a high end air cooler?

right, thanks user. looks like USBs are cheaper than pcie, should i just get a random ac USB and be done with it?

I only have 1 chassis fan connector on my motherboard, but I have 3 different sized PWM case fans I want to run. What are my options?

Attached: 1523294743082.jpg (737x737, 102K)

>Wonder why they're so eager to get rid of it
Do you not know what refurb means?

>I meant the new card. With the game bundle
Uhhh new it's like $220 for that card. Includes a $40 game. That's a much worse deal than a BETTER $200 card including $80 of games.
I don't know. You just seem dead set on paying more money for a worse GPU and will just rationalize it in any way possible. So go ahead and just buy it.

>thin
That's like over twice the thickness of the PCI slot. That's not thin. Fuck off.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zMc4mq
>Current build mostly for gaming, was thinking of upgrading to an 8700K but not sure if this new gen is entirely worth it, thoughts?
2600/X would be a more sensible upgrade

>Do you not know what refurb means?
I mean for that price. Surely they could swindle somebody for higher.

Only bother if you're going to go balls deep and overclock it as well. You'd need New motherboard and ram just to use a newer cpu and a better cooling system to overclock it.

Attached: 2b_looking_at_you.png (1080x1920, 2.01M)

Can you elaborate? I would like to have a nice PC, and I was told for it's price, the Ryzen was bitchen. But if you have a better, alternative, I would love to hear you out.

came to this

Attached: 48.jpg (1440x960, 220K)

USB is going to get you worse speeds than PCIe. If your internet isn't that fast to begin with, then you're fine. If it is though, you might be dissapointed at what you get coming off of a proper wifi chip like what's going on your laptop, tablet, or phone if you didn't get a cheap chink made device.

why not get gigabit ethernet and call it a day?

Depends on the radiator capacity and what sort of clockspeeds each of the eight cores are running, but sustained temps of around mid fifties to mid sixties under a synthetic stress load wouldn't be unusual after an hour with all cores at 4.2ish ghz with reasonable voltages. Gaming temps would probably be closer to mid 40s to mid 50s.

No, I agree that the RX 580 is a much better deal, but the 100 watt increase over the 1060 is a deal killer for me. I'm building an HTPC so noise is a big no-no.

>install drivers
>open wattman
>set power limit to a negative percent

You are going to be bottleneck with your GPU. Even if you upgrade GPU, you'll still be GPU bottlenecked at 1440p most likely. So there is no point in wasting all that money.
Top end gaming performance on the 8700k can be better, with a 1080Ti at 1080p or 2080Ti at 1440p. But when you're GPU bottlenecked, the better efficiency and SMT of the Ryzen 5 CPUs makes it a better choice and not simply just better value.
Plus you'd have a better platform for more future upgrade options, instead of it being like your intel 4000 series where the best thing you can upgrade to is maybe a 5775C if your motherboard BIOS supports it.

Yeah, they're pretty nice.
UMX3 I think is my favorite. Nice and compact.

Real world power consumption in gaming is very different from what the power consumption is in a burn test.
And didn't you say you were in America? The power cost can't be significant with how cheap electricity is in America. A little over a dollar per month if you spend as much as 35 hours per week gaming. So virtually nothing.

Power consumption is significant in CPUs where they are agnostic x86-64 components. With GPU there's a lot more to consider like features and software.

Ok thanks again, fortunately its impossible for me to be disappointed with the speeds since my internet is absolutely shocking
big houseshare, my room's miles away from the router

AIO are just easier to deal with, i tend to move shit around all the time and a custom loop would be a nightmare to deal with.
someone got triggered.

Attached: section1-img.png (600x796, 731K)

where can you buy these things? the 'where to buy' page on their site lists a dead link for north america

powerline ethernet? ac is shit at long/obstructed distances

IT'S CYBER MONDAY
WHERE THE DEALS AT

Newegg has like... two of them.
I found some importer site last year that had a wider selection just from lots of searching.

>AIO are just easier to deal with
It's also
>easier
to just have sex with other guys.

With the soft tube that kit comes with, it's anything but a drama to move around. They're anything difficult to work with.
Each to their own though.

Alright, am actually looking into this. Had no idea this existed so thanks for the spoonfeed

Hope the 1950x goes back down to $450 for cyber monday

There's only two real downsides
>the cost per performance is absolute shit
100ft of flat cat6e (gigabit) is $17 on amazon, powerline models range from $50-100
>its effectiveness varies based on the power layout and quality of where it's installed
shitty old houses or if you're on different a different circuit or if one device shares a circuit with a known hog (fridge, ac, etc).

Your mileage will vary.

It's not the cost that's the problem, it's how much noise that card is going to make when under load inside a cramped SFF case with almost 0 airflow besides what's covered by the card and CPU fan. Gaming doesn't matter but I'm into some of the meme h/w decoding and shaders used for video playback and I don't want to hear a low hum from the fans during a quiet scene in my living room.

jonsbo are localized in asia and europe, shipping usually kills any reasonable prices you find so be ready to throw a lot of money at it.

i have a 750g3 running a pentium g5400 and a gtx1080 (yes, 1080 - got it through flipping a computer)

its not terrible but it becomes loud when the fan kicks in. if you get a higher wattage unit though you should be fine - however my old AX760i running 4770k-gtx780 was quieter even though more power draw and more often fan usage...

a pentium with a 1080, my lord. the fucking bottleneck...

brah what the FUCK is that case?

>file name
InWin 901. They make some real nice cases, but the ones that take my fancy are their good value 303 and 305 enclosures. Nicely finished, interesting layout that still works really well and good value.
Yeah, yours is one of the rare occasions I believe the 1060 is a better fit than a 580.

Oh I missed that it was an SSF case.
An RX590 is actually good for that because you can get high end RX580 performance at around 140W. But yeah I wouldn't use an RX580 in that case. And RX590 is only worth it if you want all 3 games.

Why mini 1060, though? There are larger and better cooled cards which should fit, right? What case is this? Most SFF cases can still fit fairly large GPUs, often 265-310mm.
Maybe you said the case already and I missed it. idk.

>shaders used for video playback
Um they use dedicated decoders for that now days. What old ass card is in there now?
Non-gaming or light gaming on my RX580 generally used 15-35W.
Are you sure you wouldn't be better served with a 2200G HTPC box?