So is there a replacement yet?

This is damn near the most perfect dedicated MP3 player for what I need.

I've been searching for ages for a replacement. I stumbled on some thread here like, half a year ago that there was some asian thing coming out that was a good replacement, but I haven't heard anything since.

Is there hope folks?

(I don't want a 100 dollar heavy audiophile thing)

Attached: sdafasdfadsf.jpg (768x511, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instructables.com/id/Convert-your-4th-Gen-iPod-to-use-Flash-Memory/
banggood.com/Mahdi-M320-Bluetooth-Built-In-Speaker-1_8-Inch-MP3-Music-Player-Support-Recording-E-book-TF-FM-p-1241379.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B073R7ZHVC/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b1NbFQh_c_x_w?
youtu.be/beGjncfEPt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i use 20 y.o iriver

Attached: pic3.jpg (500x248, 23K)

iphone doesn't have this problem

bump

>a good replacement

Benjie T6 + rockbox

Anyone had any luck repairing these?
The screen finally stopped working on mine and the headphone jack is loose.

Shanling m0

Wow I thought I was the only one who still used these. I bought a bunch of them years ago cause they were becoming harder to find and I'm glad I did, they're expensive as fuck now.

$40 ipod 1st - 4th gen on ebay.
Replace battery, replace harddrive with compact flash card and install Rockbox.
instructables.com/id/Convert-your-4th-Gen-iPod-to-use-Flash-Memory/

Fuck, yeah that was the thing I saw people link last time.

Has anyone actually used it?

I have that already, it's what I use for music. But an iPod is a bit too heavy/has no clip for using at the gym and such.

Though with all those replacement parts it gets up to almost 100

yes
me

Obviously it has no clip, but how light is it? Any specific place I should buy it from? And does it have a mic?

Depending on the flash card capacity that you choose, it can drive the price up towards $100. But you could keep the project under $65 if you wanted.
But the ipod idea doesn't fit your needs, so it doesn't matter anyway.

yeah, its called your smartphone you sperg

There are and have been superior DAPs for years now.

This is the same shit as the ZUNE or iPhone 4s where people pretend like it has never been surpassed for some stupid reason.

A bit heavier than the clip+, the body is metallic, screen is plastic and the back is made of glass.
No idea i got mine from Aliexpress with a 256gb microSD card.
No it doesn't have a mic.

I have looked, and I've not managed to find a 30-40 dollar MP3 player with physical buttons, long battery life, lots of storage, a radio, a mic, and light and clips to you.

So...

ever jog with a smartphone in your pants? The Sansa Clip lasts forever with a charge and you barely feel it.

>Jow Forums
>jogging
there's your first error

it is called a "mobile phone". get one, spastic

also known as a cell phone to the fatties

Is there a reason to get the T6 over the K9?

>ever jog with a smartphone in your pants?
Yes, it sits perfectly in tights strap. Jogging with wired headphones is nightmare though.

supports rockbox, 256gb microsd cards, doesn't have a speaker and has bluetooth with the stock firmware

I got one of these off Newegg for $20 refurbished back in the day. Last time I checked they were selling for a lot more on ebay. Mine is a bit beat up now and I'm worried about the viability of the battery long term but it's a cool thing to have in my collection even though I haven't been using it much. I mostly end up listening to streaming internet radio on my phone when I'm out. My music collection gets a lot more play on my PC when I'm at home.

Attached: 101105_000741.jpg (1200x1600, 229K)

Alright, Rockbox is enough to sell me. I don't really need bluetooth, or a speaker. But yeah seems solid

God bless the people who pay out the ass for Sansas in current year. I found an unopened Sansa from 2006 in my storage area and sold it for $90. I also found a refurbished Sansa I picked up in the late 2000s that I was able to sell for more than I paid for it.

I just ordered another replacement battery for my 30gb Zune this Black Friday weekend. I'm never gonna give it up.

you can also remove the backplate pretty easily if you want to replace the battery or something

Attached: ss.jpg (436x471, 47K)

my screen went out right after i replaced the back cover (broken clip). it was devastating. I'm going to poke around and see if I can get it functioning. The player still works perfectly fine.

>get 3rd clip zip replacement
>install rockbox
>put music on card
>everything werks (tm)
>except it sounds tinny
>go to eq
>no eq presets whatsoever
>lolwut
>look online, no one has the default eqs anywhere
>some dude has a zip with like 200 eq presets, all are shit
>find my broken clip zip
>plug it in, copy the eq folder to the new one
>has my old presets along with default
everything went better than expected

do you know where to get the battery? I'm getting a T6 next month, that info would be useful in any near future

Is there a problem with the current models? At what price point is it not worth the time to fix?

Attached: clip.png (900x566, 41K)

banggood.com/Mahdi-M320-Bluetooth-Built-In-Speaker-1_8-Inch-MP3-Music-Player-Support-Recording-E-book-TF-FM-p-1241379.html

amazon.com/gp/product/B073R7ZHVC/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b1NbFQh_c_x_w?

Are these Mahdi or Ruizu things any good? I can't justify double that+ for the Bejie one.

>running with an iphone
No, OP. There's nothing in the world that's even almost as perfect as the Clip +

>using a strap
you can jog with wired headphones fine, you put them under your shirt so the earpieces come out the neck, I figured this out day 1.

They weigh more

Are you having a fucking laugh

Do these things give orgasms while you listen to music or what

Attached: uwot.jpg (1819x665, 280K)

*crack* now THAT was an mp3 player *sip* they just don't make'em like that anymore
sexy af

They were cheap back then. Prices inflated because sandisk doesn't produce this model anymore. That's a shame, really. Clip Zip was the last model that supported rockbox.

the LG V30

What's the absolute cheapest (new, not refurb) Rockbox solution these days?

Nice bootloops faggot.

this. plus, I bought some bt ones that didn’t come with a strap and had shitty ear pieces, and they just fell out of my head constantly

Attached: BCAE38BF-ECF6-41C0-B87C-C270BE7BC772.gif (480x270, 81K)

I lost my clip+

Attached: 1513626123131.png (228x279, 89K)

Quoted for interest

TAKE ME BACK

I owned this iRiver in the good old days. The day the hard drive in it died was very sad. RIP

Attached: iriver_h320_4.jpg (400x400, 19K)

What them so special? Never used mine again since I got a phone with storage

I bought at pair at Target for 10$ ea. on clearance.

That chink player which had rockbox recently ported to it

Attached: special attention.png (600x900, 742K)

Do you have any leads at all to work off? 'Chink player' doesn't narrow down the field much.

check the 4th reply to ops

Same iRiver H140

Rockbox don't work on them.

Replacement for a fucking mp3 player? Is this 2007? Use your fucking phone you moron.

Attached: cortez_0.gif (497x265, 1.51M)

Attached: loli.jpg (600x600, 296K)

The Sansa Clip is absolute garbage and you can't convince me otherwise.

AS this anons told you, the Benjie T6 is now the closest you will get to the Sansa experience. As for now, Benjie T6 uses hardware that is likely to the FiiO X1 iirc. It also will dual boot with Rockbox, so in case of failure or in case you want to use bluetooth you only have to reboot it, while having almost the full Rockbox experience on it. Check their forum under New Ports.

Bump

Have my Sansa clip sport, only support 32gb tho and I want to use a 256gb SD card in it.

Can't have Bluetooth like Benjie t6 has

Bullshit. Shanling m0 or hidzis ap80 are much closer to clipp. In fact, those are clipp except better. With the exception of touch screen control I guess.

Well you're a nigger

>lots of storage
Alright let's not bullshit around here, the Clip is garbage without microSD storage.

>touchscreen garbage and useless chinkshit software
>better than a rockboxed clip+
lmao

No one actually buys them for that price.

I will list why it's shit if you want me too.

- Poor audio quality
- Shit build quality
- Shit battery life

I've had two of these, one of them no longer held charge and the others battery exploded/expanded.

It's cheap and nasty. Save your money and buy something better.

It is actually. It doesn't use a reflective screen which is simply superior for a PMP. Can't even use AAAs to power it, good luck replacing the battery. The only good thing about it is that you can install Rockbox on it.

Same.

>- Shit battery life
Well, the other user is right, you're a nigger.

Attached: PB260019.jpg (3072x2304, 1.58M)

rip

Any ETA for official port?

those small li-ion batteries from eBay probably work, same as replacing a clip+ battery
but it's already out and it's an official port

Is a port for the AGPTEK which works on the BenjieT6. Thus, is an unnofficial port for the T6. Replying to the original user, none in sight, following dev posts.

Nothing I've found yet. When they discontinued I bought another one that I still have in the box in case I lose or my current one breaks.

>- Poor audio quality
No.
>- Shit build quality
It's light weight and small, I've had mine for like 5 years and still looks new.
>- Shit battery life
wat? I don't know about the standard software, but if you Rockbox it the battery life is extremely long. I just flew to Germany and back (~16 hours total flight time) and didn't charge it the entire trip, I had it on the entire time I was on the planes.

Last year or the year before there was an Rockbox update that made a HUGE increase in battery life.

It is better though. Has more power, better audio quality, modern components. Not to mention better build quality. I had clipp before you discovered this website on r/Jow Forums, it fell apart and compared to kodern daps was seriously mediocre.

>chinkshit software
Ok kid, nice way to spell "linux".

>they're expensive as fuck now.

why are they so expensive? i still have a working one

Attached: mhhh.png (516x440, 157K)

Because 30 year old boomers like me are the only ones who want a simple, light, mp3 player that you drag and drop music into so nobody makes something like this anymore, therefore the ones remaining are sold at a profit.

When the Clip+ first got discontinued there was a lot of time to buy them, that's why I have one extra and you see a few other anons have extras. On Jow Forums that was talked about a bunch.

Most people just stream music now. Or when they travel on airplanes they use the Listen Offline feature of Spotify on their phone.

Also the fact that these specific models support rockbox and the newer ones don't has a lot to do with it too.

Yeah, that for sure also.

I did too. My FiiO M3 isn't the same. Using my old Lumia 550 with Foobar temporarily.

ah so it's nothing that special. well i had a nice nostaliga experience just now listening to the files on it

youtu.be/beGjncfEPt8

Attached: 1511009975727.gif (500x367, 1.53M)

And also because clueless boomers like you are incapable of doing any market research and figuring out that there is entire market of chink daps that support rockbox that are just better.

>*Siiiiiiiip*
>Ahhh clipp+kpp, yep, still the best in 2018

I don't care either way because I already owned a sansa for more than 10 years and barely use it. I'd probably buy a chink one and not use that too once I get back to the US. I love owning things like this and messing with them but usually after about a week it goes in a box with all my other shit. As I stated earlier streaming internet radio is more important to me. Rather than some algorithmic bullshit spotify pushes on me I like real radio stations curated by humans. It greatly influences the music I download on my computer when I get home. Linear streaming? Downloading? Omg I'm such an old fart at almost 30 years old what outdated concepts.

What's the best player for large (>500GB) music collection?

Not really. It was just cheap and worked. You used to be able to get them for under 30 bucks on sale. And while other stuff has Rockbox, the Rockbox port for Clips is pretty mature.

Most likely you just didn't plug it properly or plugged it backwards

encode your flacs to high bitrate opus and you won't hear a difference you fucking autist

500GB of mp3 files, you nigger

Those play longer that you've got time to live, you don't need to carry humanities collected achievements in you pocket 24/7 faggot

Are you a retard?

no one can actually listen to more than 1000 songs.

Stop being data hoarders

>I need 256 GB of music or I can't run!!!
LOL

Attached: hate.png (278x260, 81K)

Who said anything about running, you nigger

many indeed did.

I listen to thousands of songs. I'd even go as far as to say I probably have about 1000 songs that I'd count as my all time favorites. I know lots more and I'm constantly hunting for new ones. In my own collection, on youtube, from random people on soulseek, compilations and albums I get off torrents, blogs... It's not just about hoarding even though I do hoard music. It's about love of discovering new music. I read that most people's music taste solidifies in their teenage years. For me that's when a lot of my interests started but I'm almost 30 and I've changed a lot since then even. Less interest in mainstream music. More love for the obscure.

But still I don't want to carry that much music with me. It would be a bit unruly to sift through. Usually I'll have a somewhat curated music selection on my phone and listen to internet radio or youtube if I want to hear something new.

SPOTIFY AND ANY SMARTPHONE

THEREE SHOUKD BE A CONTAINMENT BOARD CALLED /SA/
For all you left in the stone age

Spotify is fucking garbage as far as streaming services go though. They don't even offer lossless. Do you even have autism? You're an embarrassment to all of Jow Forums.

>strip down my portable library to 1000 songs
>want to listen to that one song
>oh that's right I deleted it for no reason

Might be smart to set up some kind of streaming server at home and access it via your phone. That way you don't need to pay insane amounts of money for storage and you still have access to everything.