/hpg/-headphone general

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1507919243140.jpg (1000x1412, 956K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLG5CSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
nyaa.si/view/569051
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax being audiophool meme confirmed

A new meme was born in previous threads:

Stax incel - An audiophool who got memed into buying expensive electrostatic headphones which actually sound worse than a cheap mid-fi dynamics. Being a victim of buyers Stockholm syndrome Stax incel tries to defend his choice as hard as he can, but he always fails because you can't argue with facts. Stax incel is a part of "Most Valuable Goy" meme.

Attached: 1543190155506[1].jpg (658x768, 61K)

(You)
My bad I meant superlux HD562

Good enough? or too cheap?

so should i get a jds atom or not? is it worth the $100?

Come home white man, beyer deserves you.

Attached: 1537728228462.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

what did we even say that made this user so upset

>/hpg/-head
you forgot to fix the subject

Attached: 1513609400145.png (320x320, 68K)

Anyone have the Superlux HD681B?

Opinions?

do you need an amp?

idk do i?

are you using headphones with a high impedance/ low sensitivity or high current draw?

Good thread.

Also what are the best headphones in the $300 price range?

yo how are the m50x bluetooth

HD600 unless you need sub bass

>Budget
$250, ideally less but I want quality
>Location
Merca
>Source
PC but phone would be nice too
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed, fucking hate how loud my AC is
>Comfort level
Irrelevant
>Sound signature
I listen to mostly classical, but very much enjoy all types of music and will use it for gaming
>Past headphones
cheap headphones I got with my laptop

any good cyber Monday deals? Searching preferably for overears with as much comfy stuff as possible, my current akg-273pros hurt my head after an hour or so.

Under 150€

I have the HD 600 now and they suck.

Then you are deaf

The headbands don't look comfy. I honestly like sennheisers velour comfy. My older pair feel like nothing on my head. Maybe HD 569, HD 598 open or closed. Or even one of those gaymur headsets from sennheiser.

What do I listen to user? Do tell me the exact same song I should to bring out the color out of them.

I do not own them anymore, but they most certainly do not suck. They're just not appropriate for drum and bass.

need wireless headset for PC and PS4 gaymen, my regular BT headphones wont work for both.

should i spend ~$65 bucks on the corsair HS70s or splurge and spend $100 on the Arctis 7?

Attached: 6224401_rd.jpg (2038x999, 233K)

I'm listening to weeb music. I haven't listened to any drum/bass. But they sound identical to my previous pair.

Drum and bass is a kind of EDM. What did you have before?

HD 595. They definitely feel different in my fps games. Not sure if I like it.

Sennheisers generally sound fairly similar to one another. How long have you had them?

>Sennheisers generally sound fairly similar to one another

Did I just meme myself into paying for an HD 600? I got them today and so far was just listening to music I usually listen to and going back and forth to see any differences. I did notice a small crisper difference in a hiphop/rap song. But... everything else sounds similar. The clamp is real though.

No, you did not meme yourself. I meant Sennheiser makes a lot of warm-neutral headphones.

Eventually that "crispness" will be something you can't live without.

>when someone complains HD58X has too much sub bass

Attached: 1534725431627[2].jpg (453x604, 50K)

No but that isn't a big difference from what I had before. Which costed like half of what HD 600s usually go for. I can't really notice that "crispness" in the 99.99% of songs I listened to.

Just give them maybe a week and if you don't like them return it.

Anything else I should consider in that price range?

Hiya. I'd like to ask for some suggestions. I'd like some earbuds that can last awhile. I'm not anywhere near audiophile level, so I'd just like something durable that sounds like not shit.
>Budget
Flexible. Would prefer not to spend more than $30.
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop, laptop, phone, handheld game consoles.
>Type of headphone
No idea what IEM or full-sized means.
>Open or closed
No idea what this means either.
>Comfort level
Whatever's fine as long as it stays in my ears and doesn't hurt.
>Sound signature
What
>Past headphones
Nothing I can specifically remember, but I've had two pairs of these. They're pretty good but break easily. amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLG5CSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'd really like this type of earpiece, that other round shit is uncomfortable and gets dirty far too easily.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in

Oh wow well since csg isn't up. I can't recommend anything in that price range that is decent apart from regular old earbuds you get with your phone really.

Thanks.

Hello my fellow Stax™ brothers, just here with a daily reminder that Stax™ has the best sounding headphones and you should only buy Stax™ made headphones. Keep on Staxing™ bros and don't let those Sennheiser incels keep you down.

Attached: Stax™.jpg (1024x768, 211K)

Zishan Z1 and Walnut v2s are both on sale around the same price. Which one should I get?

Recommend me some headphones please /hpg/

Budget: around £50, but I'd consider up to £100
Source: my desktop & this Benjie t6 mp3 player I'm going to pick up
Type: closed, over ear headphones (not the ones that rest on top of the ear, but the ones that go around)
Comfort level: fairly comfy
Sound signature & previous: no idea, I've not owned a pair of these for years and even then they were just some shitey Phillips ones

Is there a go-to neutral model in this kind of range?

takstar pro 82, they're like £63 right now i think.

How do you feel about Shure KSE1200 / KSE1500?

Hd700 on amazon 369.99 tempting but I won't get it. I'm sure someone here will want though

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Good OP.

Attached: 1532774151794.png (1870x1049, 2.52M)

Shure215 is 90$. I got the IE80S for free when my IE80 broke and I sent them in for warranty. Is the 215 the IE80 equivalent? Or is it the higher tiers like 315/535. I tried klipsch before but senns blew them away. Curious about shure though.

HD579, k702.

i'm pissed and done with razr, I have SEVEN reciepts from continuing to have to keep getting manufacturing guarantees for their stupid fucking man-o-war headbands being made by chinese sex slaves. But I loved the sound and mic quality.

I need a headset that can meet the following criteria:

Noise cancellation, 8/10+ mic quality, 9-10/10 sound quality, comfortable as shit and wireless is a huge plus. I don't care about budget as long as its not meme tier, consider it 200-300 preferred though.

I should also say I primarily use it for video games and music, I don't care about going somewhat psat 300 to get what I want but i'm not an audiophile so some of what you might consider important differences might be lost on a normie like me. You guys do know best though.

pic related, its my face every time someone recommends a razer headset

Attached: 1479136627968.jpg (770x702, 65K)

noise cancellation is a meme

Nigga what part of closed, under £100 was so hard to understand?

>tfw you will never be a footstool for a cute anime girl while listening to music on your top tier hd600 headphones

Attached: 1542586768126.jpg (1080x1920, 186K)

look who's here

Attached: PSX_20181126_105116.jpg (1124x1500, 748K)

Bose Quiet Comfort 35.

Get new pads so you can enjoy some niggerbass

Another one fell for the meme

Attached: 1537053968499.png (916x910, 47K)

Enjoy!

Be gone, shill.

>top tier hd600
>top tier
yikes
congrats user

Attached: E11A7B08-2EB9-402E-8A07-940FE8D2BBFD.jpg (334x334, 44K)

Yes, top tier. No other headphone can even compete.

*reddit spacing intensifies*

You call it reddit spacing, I call it consideration. It makes it easier for people to read.

I call it sagging your pants like a nigger and then thinking you look badass when really just look like a nigger

Are you enjoying your first week on 4channel, friend?

oh man I'm really intimidated being called a newfag by someone who reddit spaces

You started it. :|

yes and if you don't want me to comment on your stupid ass then maybe you should stop reddit spacing like a newfag

reddit didn't invent double spacing you absolute tool

no but reddit ruins everything good so shut the fuck up faggot

It's not even double spacing.

This is double spacing.

cringe and redditpilled

Attached: n7yL6US.jpg (6000x4000, 1.27M)

whats the consensus on the hd 58x, particularly vs the other hd 6__ family line?

good for slightly lower budget but if you have the money or live in europe get hd600

im a burger so they are much cheaper than the 600s, at least new. im also hesitant though because i hear the 600s and even 650s can sound kinda boring to some people, so i dont know if they would be as fun to listen to. maybe this is untrue as i havent heard any of them, just what i see others saying.

what listen to ye on ye foneheads

Attached: XGz8bzx.jpg (2196x1563, 293K)

you should get more sleep

Satania a cute. A cute!!
Working atm. I had to show up at work, attend them meetings, all that crap.
Closed (isolation) means it's going to suck no matter what. If you need to take that path, msr7 (which I'm wearing right now) isn't too bad.
Nice cans! Looking forward to first impressions!
Currently, Love Live OST.

Attached: 1520486783904.png (1018x1440, 2.85M)

>gf just bought new airpods for her shitty iShit

I'm dating a stupid thot.

in my experience people with airpods are filthy stinking rich
you should keep this one

i downloaded love live but i need to finish cowboy bebop. just transcoded it too ;-;
not gonna lie it's overhyped as fuuuuuuck

Maybe but brainless Apple thots annoy the shit out of me.

People who got the airpods at launch were generally kinda rich but they're pretty much for normies now

I actually used them over the weekend already.
I can't really compare them to anything but I'm surprised how good they sound with any source I tried. Also the bass isn't as flat as I expected.

Attached: PSX_20181126_110003.jpg (1124x1500, 808K)

Also the fit is just perfect for me.
I heard from many sources that the clamping force can be too strong when new but I guess I have a smaller head than most.

desu i work at like farmers markets, corporate headquarters and federal/state government, so you can usually tell the higher income by their 3 piece suit and apple airpods.

>Also the bass isn't as flat as I expected.
Please go into detail on this.
>any source I tried
Besides random headphone jacks on all sorts of devices, do you have an amp?

my hd600s i got heavily used but took a bit to stretch out to where they don't hurt my ears anymore. they fit fine now but it's been a few months.

>cowboy bebop
Is very hyped, yeah. It's good, but not as good as the hype.
The OST for it, I do definitely recommend getting. Preferably lossless. Makes for a good test set.

>but took a bit to stretch out to where they don't hurt my ears anymore.
Mine (new) hurt a lot the first few days of use. Months sounds like too much. Maybe the pads did adapt to old owner's skull, and yours is different on a fundamental level? :X

ye the soundtrack is beastly. either grab the cd or slsk it desu. or if u have a tracker ;3

idk what it was, i have a n odd and misshapen face probably.
it's cute tho and it gives nice kisses, but probably odd and misshapen.

what is best usb dac amp under $70?

Attached: 992381381483.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

nyaa.si/view/569051
There's unfortunately nothing decent at that price. Stop being a poorfag and either do JDSLabs Atom (amp only, $99) or Topping DX3 (~$175 on aliexpress).

Attached: 1521027396568.png (429x686, 79K)

My experience with steelseries products (mainly headphones) has been terrible. They seem to break down right after the warranty ends. I certainly would aim for the corsair headphones if i were you.

Sure there is, fiio e10k. Granted this is only an option if you only use it to power easy to drive, low impedance headphones.
Its better to save up and buy something else most of the time but if you dont have plans to invest too much into audio then its legit option.

is fiio e10k decent

Best bluetooth earphones for workouts? Not sure if I should go wireless or true wireless.

xiaomi airdots

I'm not poor.

apple airpods
also take me out to dinner ;3
thx idol-chan
yes, also the schiit fulla 2. but i'm tossing that for the dx3 pro. the fulla 2 is baaaaad.
the fulla 2 under 70 will be "ok" but you need to get it on b-stock. yes i know it's a pile of shit but still.

>airpods

why in the fuck would I ever buy an Apple product

you are not poor