OneeChan

I have brought OneeChan back to life and it also supports 4channel.
github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan
OneeChan used to be pretty much dead and was hard to install if you didn't have it before the original maintainer deleted his GitHub. With the new separate site now for sfw boards (4channel), it no longer worked (it still worked on Jow Forums though), so I took it upon myself to bring it back to life and also fix it so it can run on the new 4channel site. Things have largely been kept the same but I have fixed and added a few things.

In the last day I have made a few general bug fixes and enabled auto updating in script managers like Tampermonkey, and have also uploaded a new user theme and some new mascots. I will continue to maintain OneeChan and add to it. Version 5.7.6 was just released tonight.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.04.47 AM.png (2880x1800, 2.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/alicesoft/images/f/f4/Kanami-_-Rance01-Full-.png
i.imgtc.com/kmxZ6jl.png
github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/commit/fecfa600e213273a139e0e0ec07c5115a916784a
i.imgur.com/SjUiwAl.png
github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/pull/2
github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off kevin

Attached: 1534742974247.png (800x973, 173K)

Thread view

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.05.10 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.21M)

Version update

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.52.02 AM.png (1190x298, 70K)

New theme

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.54.34 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.05M)

>mfw I found my new husbando

Attached: 1543170975038.png (460x460, 813K)

Some of the new mascots

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 12.54.58 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.85M)

>fatass macfaggot steals someone's code, changes ctrl+f replaces Jow Forums with 4channel and puts his own name on it
>L-L-LOOK AT ME GUISE TOTALLY NOT ATTENTIONWHORING
>ponyfag as well
Literally kill yourself.

Did you even look at the updated script?

>ponyfag

literally where

Fuck off, at least he's fixing shit.

Still having issues with Yatsuba-B

Attached: Screenshot_20181125_221942.png (450x250, 11K)

>>ponyfag
>
>literally where

hur dur I'm an idiot and I can't read the readme

I added a pony mascot because someone in the previous thread requested it
See pic, I put it near the bottom because I don't like it. Also not sure why the Aqua one is at the bottom, it's at the top till I select it.

Why are the Futaba and Burichan themes not included as stock options?

Is it possible to increase the size of a mascot without making the image blurry? I tried setting the height in px, but even if I set it to the original resolution of the image it comes out blurry. It seems like it downscales the image and then upscales it again.

However mascots do not load on NSFW boards

Of course I forgot to post the pic

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.21.48 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.74M)

test

Btw I emailed GitHub Support and they changed my forked version of OneeChan into a standalone version since I am maintaining it now and the old version is unmaintained, and I didn't want to migrate over and make a new repo. It was pretty awesome of them, it was dealt with in about 3 hours or less.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.32.15 AM.png (1128x754, 144K)

Wow, are github actually based?

Loads fine for me on NSFW boards
It's either you didn't follow the guide to fix that in the readme by adding @@||Jow Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'
@@|blob:$image,media,domain=Jow Forums.org
@@||boards.Jow Forums.org^$csp
@@||4channel.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'
@@|blob:$image,media,domain=4channel.org
@@||boards.4channel.org^$csp to your uBlock Origin filters, or it has something to do with your browser/script manager/ad blocker. It would be great if you could copy and paste that error into text for me too. Create an issue on my GitHub if you haven't already (looks like someone using Opera has run into this similar issue). Also not sure what that issue would be
They weren't in the original OneeChan I forked if they are not in there. I can work on adding them in. Do you have an exported version of those themes I can use as a base to add to the script?
I'm not sure, I'd assume that the dpi is off for the mascots. If it's not user error I'll have to take a look at it, but so far I haven't personally run into any issues in that regard. Feel free to post an issue on the GitHub.
:thinking:
Yes actually, I was extremely happy when I got a response from them and saw they went through with it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.33.20 AM.png (2880x1800, 2.36M)

Scratch that. I restored my settings from an old export and the don't hide the mascot in the catalog setting didn't get taken properly.
Works fine after going in and unchecking it.

Thanks again man

Attached: d2e4e8dd9ef263e216afa8e306966bb1.jpg (319x321, 23K)

Crap my bad, I should have asked that first before assuming the other stuff. Still learning. I'm glad you were able to fix your issue :)
And no problem king

Attached: fortnite dance.gif (931x682, 404K)

You do have some mascots fucking up (the new ones you added) and they don't scale properly. Double check your css

Attached: Screenshot_20181125_224847.png (1920x1050, 443K)

>Do you have an exported version of those themes I can use as a base to add to the script?
Unfortunately no. I've never gotten around to fiddling with custom themes. I mostly like it for the mascots, but having the old 2chan themes (as opposed to the newer Yotsuba themes) would be nice.

That's because they are super high resolution. Go to the OneeChan settings cogs in the header > mascots > select mascot > edit > downscale only > apply > save
That should fix it. Not too sure how to do that natively in the script css atm.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 1.50.55 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.41M)

LOL
is it really this easy to steal an entire github project?

Thanks you man, feels good to know oneechan will get update d again.

See pic for example of blurry mascot. Original image is vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/alicesoft/images/f/f4/Kanami-_-Rance01-Full-.png

Attached: BlurryNinja.png (1908x939, 552K)

If it's unmaintained and you maintain it yourself and are 50+ commits ahead of the original, yes.
No problem king

It's critical that you don't upload the super high resolution to imgur. This increases bandwidth usage substantially and the client is going to rescale it anyway.

You should be able to set width and height values in the image entries there and it'll scale it properly. But don't rely on client side scaling. It's wasteful

>50+ commits
97% of those commits are spelling error fixes LOL
this is hilarious and i can't wait to see how the saga continues. some user WILL get absolutely buttblasted about this

That picture is only 200x420, of course it's blurry. Also do this

That looks a little blurry in the source for me as well. I'll get you a nicer looking version
Until I am more familiar with the script I will continue doing the current method for now. When I figure it out I will apply it to all the mascots I add/have added. I apologize for it not being done as well as it could be at the moment.

300px is a sane default width for bascots as that's the same size as your sidebar. The mascots uploaded to imgur shouldn't be greater then 400px in width.

Pretty sure only like 2 commits were spelling fixes because I fucked up the link for the auto updating.

The other mascots that were there before also have some examples set.

>That picture is only 200x420
Really? Is there some kind of caching bullshit happening here?

Attached: BlurryNinja.png (1213x1041, 705K)

Try using this link - i.imgtc.com/kmxZ6jl.png

I don't want to start messing with them quite yet, just want to have a version that has a few bugs fixed and has new themes and mascots added to it. Like I said I'll be taking a more serious look at some of this stuff soon. If you want, you can submit a new pull request fixing it.

Thanks, that works. I guess the server was downscaling because of the referrer.

No problem, glad it works. I'm not too sure what was causing it to be blurry but at least now it's fixed.

Test (not official tripcode)

blurry mascot would be kinda cool

Haha, so you added a bunch of shit because just adding a 4channel match was "just a bandaid" and then you had to remove the extra shit and just add the 4channel match to fix it?
This is some pretty dumb "updated" version

There were other things in the script itself that needed to be updated, not just the header. The first release was just using 4chanx stuff and then I cleaned it up. But there was more to change than just updating the header.

github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/commit/fecfa600e213273a139e0e0ec07c5115a916784a
LOL

Attached: comedy gold.png (966x812, 339K)

i doubt he was being that literal

Attached: a.png (289x618, 66K)

Suzume best kunoichi

I still can't find what you are talking about, about 40 of your commits are just changing "nebukazar" to "KevinParnell" and changing the version number.
I mean, I would understand if you only wanted to steal the project but are you at least going to add something new? Adding mascots is pointless when there is already a menu to add your own mascot.

How do I make the formatted code on its own line instead of being inline? Pic related.

Attached: 2018-11-26_013704.png (2560x1440, 745K)

New update is out that should fix this issue Thanks QuillOmega0

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.39.31 AM.png (1130x260, 72K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.42.31 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.07M)

Okay that made me kek
We all start somewhere
I'm pretty sure it's not that many. And I didn't steal it, I'm maintaining it. I updated the links to fit the repository as his GitHub has been deleted.
I'm not sure, it shows up that way for me as well.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.45.01 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.32M)

OP ITT

Attached: ed2.png (680x1483, 180K)

He is still credited, I'm just maintaining it since the person who archived it is doing just that, archiving it and refusing to update it, and Nebukazar deleted his GitHub.

Maintaining/updating it

something is fucking my auto captcha have to use the no script one but is slower i got this on console
i.imgur.com/SjUiwAl.png

This may be a 4chanx issue

What's the point of having the sidebar? It literally only shows the mascot which you can have overlapping posts, are there any other functionalities/items that can be added to it?

It's just for aesthetic purposes. I like how it creates a larger right margin for posts so it doesn't fill my entire screen.

I can make some themes after my final exam this semester. Would be nice to have a lot of themes

I can do that as well. I will have more time to work on this when my finals are over and when I have time off work.

Is there a way to cycle through the selected mascots i.e. by clicking on them?

Yeah, just click on the mascot you want and then click save. If it doesn't update, make sure other mascots aren't selected.

I meant like if you have multiple mascots selected and you're browsing a thread, if there was a way to cycle through those you've selected without refreshing the page/settings.

I don't believe that is a current feature.

Alright good night kings, I'm going to bed. I'll be back in a few hours. I also have class a little later as well but other than that I should be good.

You asked me for if i mind sharing mascot. So I did. Than I asked if you would want to add the user with anonfilly. Maybe more western in style, but one of only few of my pony mascots from appchan.
You didn't like it but add it. I can respect that. But the name is just bitter. Man, I was thinking about dumping my 300+MB weeb mascot folder since I need to swap them to oneechan anyway. But I just lost interest in it.

Attached: sadmusicplaying.jpg (680x383, 62K)

You can just add them locally yourself you know, dont need to force the ponyshit on everyone.

Jesus how autistic are you

Can someone explain to me how to resize mascots? I can flip them, offset, but for some reason changing px size doesn't work.

redpill me on that fork and why should i use it instead of the old one with @match fix (if there's issues that i'm not aware off please mention them)

Attached: 2018-11-26 11_31_36-Clipboard.png (2560x970, 289K)

How the fuck do you browse Jow Forums with Safari? Webm doesn't work on that shitheap of a browser so 50% of the site is effectively nonfunctional.

i found the issue its ublock origin is fucking with captcha but only in sfw boards captcha works well and in other websites dont know why the fuck this happends

click downscale within the same menu it will auto resize it

I installed OneeChan the other day and when I posted something it started spamming the same post periodically. Why?

>He
>his

sure, but if I want to change mascot from 500px to 400px and than "nah I want it 420" you can't do that with auto downscale.
Also why would there be option to set px if that wasn't possible.

Yes, she had a sex change, mate.

thanks a lot

Hey OP, I'm using slightly bigger fonts than average and I have to edit onee-chan after every update manually to fix that. I don't expect it to look flawlessly on my special snowflake setup, but could you please at least move the links a bit to the left? (anchored to the buttons on the left or something). Thanks.

Attached: 1531928910559.png (745x630, 94K)

I added it because you offered the mascot, but you never gave it a name and reverse image search didn't reveal much so I just did my own thing with it. I'm sorry you don't like the name, you're free to rename it or tell me what it is called and I'll rename it in the next update.
My fork is actively maintained and will be maintained. It has done a few bug fixes already and will be working on more in the future as well as eventual feature updates when I learn the code base and JS more. It has already had a new theme added to it as well as some new mascots. It also has auto updating implemented as well. Also justing doing @match doesn't quite do it because there were some things hardcoded in the script that I had to change as well. Also GitHub thought it was different enough and maintained enough from the original unmaintained repo that they detached the fork and made it a standalone repository.
If I care to view a webm I'll watch it in IINA
That's great, do you mind posting what you did and what the solution is so I can add it to the readme of the GitHub? I'm glad you were able to resolve it.
It shouldn't be doing that. Are you on 5.7.7?
Are you on the newest version? Can you post the mascot? It may or may not have something to do with this pull request I merged that fixes potential bandwidth issues in OneeChan for the mascots. Worst case scenario I can revert it and just have OneeChan use more bandwidth. github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/pull/2
You're welcome king
Are they system fonts? You can adjust font size directly in OneeChan and it will scale properly (see pic related)

Also I'm currently mining a tripcode and I'll let it run all day and when I get back home I'll pick the one I like the most and start using that. Thinking of doing some variation of OneeKevin or Kevin/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.08.55 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.13M)

If you can make an issue in the GitHub that would be great as well. github.com/KevinParnell/OneeChan/issues

Is there any way to implement an adjust to the mascot offset vertically automatically when the reCaptcha shit expands?

I don't believe so atm, but it might be something I could implement in the future, or if someone knows more about how to do something like that they could create a pull request. If you want, you can make a feature request on the GitHub issues page.

I'll brb for a bit, gotta get ready for class and then go to class, be back in a bit kings.

>Are they system fonts? You can adjust font size directly in OneeChan and it will scale properly (see pic related)
Sure I could, but it's set to this size for a reason - I like it that way. It's just the fact that a link overlaps one button in settings.
I wouldn't call it a real issue as it's just me, but I can open one if you want to. Hell, I can pull request it when I get back home.

It just doesn't work for me

Attached: megufailin.gif (890x607, 439K)

You're right. About 20 or so commits were you changing the version number. Like holy shit Kev-Kev, if you're going to do this, don't be a retard about it.

All you needed to do was add the 4channel includes to the existing OneeChan. You don't need this retards version. He'll whine about how he also changed some CSS code but he doesn't even know what it does. I just updated the headers and included the 4channel links. All you need to do to get existing OneeChan working. And you don't need Ponyfag trash.

Welp, after years of using onee-chan I noticed the custom css box under theme edition menu. This solves the issue for me.
div#main-section.options-section p.buttons-container span#oneechan-version {
padding-left: 5px !important;
}

Fucking awesome. Thanks bruh. Fuck all the faggots screeching at you. Installing this shit as soon as I'm home.

Stealing GitHub projects general?

Well it was abandoned.
We all had a copy but no one deemed it necessary to do shit as it worked fine.
Let the guy work on it. What harm could be done?

Fair enough, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to make the script work properly for you. Although judging from this post you were able to solve it and it's just done for a per user basis. I'm glad you were able to fix it. Looks like no issues or pull requests are needed.
I'll take a look at this, just got to class but nothing is really going on, thanks for reporting.
You're welcome king, I hope everything works for you :), and I don't really care about them, my fault for replying to them, although they don't bother me. I'll stop replying to them for the most part now.
It worked fine until 4channel, now I'm maintaining it. This is a fun project for me.

Figured it out. Add px after the number, and untick the downscale option.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 11.48.36 AM.png (2880x1800, 1.35M)

I also suggest messing with the horizontal and vertical offset

Thank you for doing this!
Your joyful effort has succeeded where my laziness has failed me.

Attached: jumpingpika.gif (500x370, 737K)

>no fat thighs
>no fishnets
yeah, no

Going to add some new mascots and update some old ones at some point later today/tomorrow

Attached: new mascots.png (2880x3408, 2.28M)