Do people in America actually say "Cyber Monday" in casual conversation?

Do people in America actually say "Cyber Monday" in casual conversation?

Attached: Screenshot_20181126_015454.png (680x433, 341K)

No

no they shoot each other

literally what?

Not American, and we say it. It's the unofficial name for the Monday after Black Friday where you have deals online. I don't see anything wrong with the name.

Do people in America really say 'cigarettes' for gay people?

The word "cyber" fell out of favor like 15 years ago, but somehow "Cyber Monday" has held on.

no they shoot each other

It stopped being a buzzword. It didn't stop describing things.

They shoot each other in casual conversation.

Nope that shit was made up by Amazon.

Nerds and normie techies, kinda
doesn't seem like cybermonday offers anything that black friday didn't. if you keeps deals hidden/unadvertised nobody knows about them, and if you are gonna advertise might as well get a whole weekend out of it (most people get paidon a friday and splurge during the weekend)
that being said if there are some sick microcenter deals today lemme know

Will there be an eBay coupon today? Anyone with inside info?

I dont know, I waited patiently for the 2700x to see discounts. it just dropped today to 269 when the 2700 is 249

It may be a meme. but if you use tools like camelcamelcamel, you can at least see if you are getting an actual deal.

While your savings aren't always incredible. Every item I bought was at its all time low. so im happy

Heres my build with the prices including tax that i paid. total if i buy that case will be about $1531.11

I think its a fair price for doing video work with davinci resolve and playing some games and editing photos

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 3.10.14 AM.png (2322x1272, 374K)

>The word "cyber" fell out of favor like 15 years ago
>cyberspace
>cyberpunk

>cyberspace

Nobody uses that term anymore.

I do. Cyberspace and meatspace/IRL. Or are you a zoomer who calls it 'The Internet', which is a stupid non-descriptive label.

user pls... I got made fun of in middle school in 1996 for wearing a t shirt I won in a contest on Prodigy Online that said "Cyberspace Cadet".

My LAN
GET OFF

Attached: prodigy-online1.jpg (172x172, 11K)

They didn't laugh at you because of the word 'cyberspace' they made fun of you because you entered a nerdy contest and won a nerdy shirt that said 'CYBERSPACE CADET'. Which is still funny. They made fun of you because of your nerdy interests. Today people (adults) pay $30 for a quirky shirt that says some shit like "cyberspace cadet" on a cartoon background.

Cyber Monday was thing like 3 year ago now, it is just shitty black friday overstock day.

What the fuck is a black friday and a cyber monday? Why are Americans naming days after an Afghan mountain pass?

why did you buy the 1070ti at $400 when the 1070 is at $300 right now?

I wore a t-shirt in 1996 that said "Don't talk to me or I will kill -9 you."

Gee, wonder why I never had a gf...

Attached: 1471248209744.gif (633x758, 16K)

>kill -9
what did he mean by this

sigkill

it's not much of an in-joke when it means the same thing even when the viewer doesn't know what "kill -9" means and just ignores the '-9'

Yes, when talking about shopping. "I hope I can get a good deal on XYZ on the Cyber Monday sales." No, when talking about the day outside of that. "Thanksgiving weekend was fun, but back to work on Monday."

Well in one scenario I'm telling people I'll kill them if they talk to me, and in another I'm saying the same thing only pointing out I'm a nerd (which wasn't cool in the 90s).

Wasn't my old bad t-shirt. I used to go to cons and ended up with some really bad ones. I was a cringe worthy kid.

U sound.cute.
Asl bby?
Asl?
Wannaget my cyber on

>(which wasn't cool in the 90s).
when has being a nerd ever been cool?

and don't you dare say 'now'. normalfags who call themselves nerds for figuring out how to use basic features built into their smartphones are not nerds, and that's who they're referring to

now

a/s/l

Wanna cyber?

kill -9 yourself you fucking newfag

kek nah that's a comfy unixy joke, I like it

Better than some cuck star wars or the simpsons reference

It is now if you live in SF and are a hipster cuck or a woman

As far as girls are concerned I think he has a better chance with a simpsons tshirt than a "comfy unixy joke" shirt.

>that moment when you realize all the cybersex of your youth was probably with 40 year old pedos

Attached: nervs.jpg (540x510, 31K)

Cybersecurity is still 100% in use.

We say "incel monday".

Sure as hell couldn't go to school wearing a shirt like that ever since Columbine in 1999 and now with recent epidemic of them.

no pedo's here!

Are your parents home?

You have a cam?

now why don't you strip down to that sweet young boipussy and lets get to business

Does anyone else imagine an actual pussy rather than a bumhole when reading "boipussi" ??

At least we don't pass stupid liberal laws like the EU Copyright Directive.

I'm 26, and I've only heard old fucks on the news and old 90's movies refer to the internet as "cyberspace."

>Copyright laws in favor of big corporations
>Liberal
Wew

>news outlets and retarded small time artists/creaters
>not liberal
WEW

Yeah, this was pre-Columbine. And now for sure couldn't even fathom wearing something like that...anywhere... for a multitude of reasons.

I don't dress like an autist anymore though, so, not too worried about it. That was two decades ago.

>News outlets will benefit from that law
How retarded are you?
The only result is that Google will shut down Google news in Europe (which is already the case in Spain since years btw) and those news outlets will lose a big part of their audience.
The only ones shilling for that law are movie and music companies so they can monetize every single video on Youtube.

Yes, not joking, it sounds completely normal. We say Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but never "boxing day", as most people have never heard of it

>How retarded are you?
How retarded are you? They protecting media, you're not allowed to "use" their material unless you pay them. This kills google news, fucktard. Get an education, you 3rd world piece of shit.

The whole "copyright protects small creators" is just misdirection. We know who it really benefits, big companies. As usual.

>pre columbine
>two decades
It's probably closer to three decades, oldfart.

>This kills google news
Google news is the only reason their websites get traffic. Kill Google news, you kill the outlets with it as they are not as concentrated as in the US (as in owned by 3 companies).
>3rd world
The very definition of America within the Western world

>Kill Google news, you kill the outlets with it
Hence why I called it A STUPID, LIBERAL LAW.

>The very definition of America within the Western world
Ha! Nice try shitdick, but America has a greater GDP than the EU combined. Go visit greece and the eastern block, and tell me you're not living in a shit hole. Also, I've been to european countries, it's small and cramped. How the fuck do you mongoloids live in comfort over there?

Well I don't know what "dressing like an autist" is but I still wear t-shirts and honestly don't care about fashion or what people think anymore I got tired of it. I'm in my 30s. Dressing up is overrated anyway.

Back to Jow Forums.org Jow Forumstard

T-shirts are fine, I just avoid ones that talk about murder.

36 here, and i've always called it the internet, as does everyone else i know. cyberspace never caught on outside of movies and dramatic news anchors

33 year old boomer here. Same experience here.

You remember the debates about the difference between "hacking" and "cracking"? There was this whole shit about how "hacking" is when it is ethical and "cracking" is when it is unethical?

>this stupid pussy can't come up with an actual comeback
>b-back to Jow Forums

yes it was a heated debate in my high school electronics class in 1999. I honestly didn't know the difference until then.

Well yeah can't do that. Still other sorta nerdy ones can be fine.

I thought people just used "white hat/grey hat/black hat"

>"I won!"
You sure do when throwing fallacies

i don't

Not him, but hackers scared the shit out of lawmakers and judges alike. Look at how they treated Mitnick. Although I was too young for it, but do you remember the loph0t hearing? They look at those guys like they were tech gods.

They do, but in ancient times it was hacking/cracking

>Back to Jow Forums.org Jow Forumstard
>You sure do when throwing fallacies
How's smoking crack working out for you?

>loph0t
*l0pht

Well I'm 32 and I think I do remember hack/crack but also the hats. I also remember the MTV True Life about hackers, you can still find it on youtube and it even mentions freakin bin laden and this was 1999. Man the things we overlooked watching stuff like this.

Yeah black/gray/white came a little later as a result of that debate. Originally hacking was more of a term used for tinkering/learning/experimenting, and those original 80s geeks didn't like being piled in with people stealing credit cards.

>Look at how they treated Mitnick.
Yeah, I was too young for that also but I read the book. I used to read that 2600 Magazine also which always had the FREE KEVIN stuff in it. I tried to make a blue box once but never got it to work, I did get a red-light changer to work but never used it besides testing in empty intersections on foot because was too afraid to go to jail (and too young to have a car).

>Although I was too young for it, but do you remember the loph0t hearing? They look at those guys like they were tech gods.
Yeah, I watched that.

I sometimes talked to the guys from Attrition when I was younger too, they never grew out of being autists though.

>b-but dem libruls n shiet
Seething subhuman

stfu, you mongoloid eurotrash.

The president's youngest son is reportedly good with the cyber.

Yes, he seems to be autistic.

Only when talking about the deals they plan to get