Be nokia

>be nokia
>can't improve mobile phones in a meaningful way
>lets add 6 cameras to differentiate ourselves
>LG
>"hold my beer"
This isn't even my final form

Attached: 1538628139009.jpg (694x642, 50K)

for what purpose?

Attached: images.jpg (269x188, 7K)

So THOTS can take pictures of themselves

Finally we can take photos the way spider people see the world.

crisp 8k resolution for my Premium Snapchat ofc sweaty

Super-resolution.
Anyone working in image processing saw this coming since years ago.

what beer? who is holding it? can LG even hold a beer? how big a beer? why beer? is LG an alcoholic?

Well hello there!

Why you need anything other than a basic camera on your phone? If you are into photograpy just buy a proper camera

The price of increasing lenses quality is exponencial, while adding more sensors and software processing is linear.
Also, this in last instance this thecnology offers the theorical advantages of pinpoint cameras without the problems.

second camera with wide angle was great idea.

Proper cameras will be a matrix of pinholes in less than 20 years.
These are just the prototypes

>hold my beer
Seems they went from beer to something quite a bit stronger.

>"hold my energy drink"
ftfy

ikr, now if he had said, ''hold my penis'' it'd be different

The MOAR CORES thing has now spread to cameras? What the fuck??

Don't know jack shit about cameras, someone explain to me how would this work
Also, wouldn't having all to power 16 cameras (or maybe they're just lenses) very power consuming?

it will be shit

Attached: .jpg (1030x687, 81K)

You pick a lot of low resolution images with a known distance in between sensors and combine them using algorithm magic. The term is "super-resolution". Ideally you would like to have many tiny pinholes, the small lenses just make it practical.

There are plenty of advantages: cheap sensors and cameras, constant performance/cost increase (MOAR SENSORS) huge resolution if you need it fast HDR, post-take change of focus...
The only disadvantage is the enormous amoun of processing needed to combine the pictures, but phones are already there.

Attached: Trypophobia.jpg (600x600, 43K)

Instead they can just put a half decent fucking camera inside, not a miniature sony/leica shit.

>better cameras are bad
Jow Forums confirmed for uggos surrounded by other uggos

>meanwhile Google is on a different stratosphere altogether with a single camera lens

Shame the phone kind of sucks though.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 637K)

>leica
wait, zoomers think leica is shit now?
I used to dream of having a leica camera, never did.

Why does it suck?

Still waiting for purely computational lensless cameras in smartphones.

modern leica is shit, their phone cameras only exist for the brand name recognition and for idiots like you to go "i can't afford an actual leica but this phone has the leica logo on it!!! only $600! omg i want it!!"

Fuck K*rea

no shit you can outdo a single shot camera by framestacking a jillion captures of a perfectly static scene

Reminder that the thinness race is halting or outright reversing all progress in smartphone technology.

it's just too expensive for gamergate zoomers who think women and minorities are why they can't get a job

>only exist for the brand name recognition
ok dumbass, now list all of the companies that exist and are successful without brand name recognition. Extra cookies if they're 80+ years old.

back to r*ddit

It's hard to say but the difference could be made by Google's better software.
Like with Huawei P20 Pro where RAWs are much superior to automatically converted jpg.

>modern leica
in telescopes, weapon scopes, microscopes... they're in it if has lens or mirror. And probably even more into ind. mil complex after they went under blackstone's umbrella.

>It's hard to say but the difference could be made by Google's better software
That's the only thing that's been improving smartphone camera quality for the last few years, cameras themselves have either platoed or even degraded. Posts of Google camera to other phones show similar improvements in quality.

*Ports

>use smartphone's camera
>the picture in the viewfinder is crispy and clear
>take a photo
>it's blurry
>decrease shutter speed
>less blurry, but noisier and darker
Why. I'm seriously contemplating just taking screenshots of the viewfinder at this point.

based and goldpilled

So its going to be like the Light camera.
Only one or maybe two cameras will be "on" whichever has the focal length you want.
Interesting I guess.

this is a trypophobia test

>2018
>still no camera phone to rival the Lumia 1020
>companies be like, "Hey I know. Lets dazzle consumers with over a dozen shitty cameras in a phone. Those retards will buy anything."
>consumers do eat this trash up
There are even Jow Forumstards falling for this shit. All it takes is one nice large sensor in a phone to destroy these gimmick cameras. Consumers were/are absolutely retarded to fall for the bullshit and lies spewing from all facets of the digital camera industry.

>inb4 inb4 retards post conjecture, rumors, lies and some dipshit reviewer's blog where they tested a 1020 camera at lowest possible resolution settings in the worst lighting conditions that could be arrange demonstrates the 1020 camera is shit.
No. You're just retarded. Please move along.

>just carry a full frame camera with a huge lens everywhere
Cringe

Based IRS.

Wait don't we do this for CPUs already?
What is the problem?
Ok yes they could have gone for two, three or four screens but cameras are cheaper.

>Wait don't we do this for CPUs already?
yea, because programs do more than one thing at a time, and people run more than one program at a time
people don't generally take more than one photo at a time (unless it's stereoscopic, which needs exactly two, or i guess if you wanted to do fancy shit like a normal photo and thermal photo at the same time so they can be overlayed or some such)