/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Prior

Attached: 2.png (965x704, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/semiconductor/about-us/manufacturing-centers/
theverge.com/2018/7/31/17633792/sony-mobile-xperia-smartphone-sales-earnings-report
m.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-SM-N960F-DS-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-4-6GB-Exynos-9810
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-SM-N960F-DS-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-4-6GB-Exynos-9810-/192666811119
youtube.com/watch?v=jrU9lFGOmNY
anandtech.com/show/13582/samsung-galaxy-note9-performance-review-snapdragon-vs-exynos/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My Redmi Note 5 started to get permanent interferences sounds(you know, when you're about to get a call ).

How do I fix this?

Happy Cyber Monday.
What are you buying?

>How do I fix this?
Uhh, don't keep your device 2 inches from your speakers?

any good deals? finna replace my finna galaxy s6 finna

It's not that close and I've never had this issue 3 days ago?
Am I being tapped? It's quite plausible that someone might take interest in me.

Watch out for any large white vans outside your home.

Who actually uses NFC?

Should i get poconene or p20 pro which is 50€ more. Can either of these 2 phones be used without case without looking like shit after 2 years.

Where is the interference sound coming from? My headphones pick up interference off my phone when it's on 4G and the connection is active (I'm downloading or streaming something or browsing the web etc). If the phone is idle the interference stops. On 3G the interference is quieter and on WiFi there's no interference sounds at all.

Pocomeme*

cia niggers are spying on your house

>used nihongo prices

I use it for my train pass.

Attached: DsmvkGFVsAA11jz.jpg (848x1199, 392K)

lots a people. I used it when I lost my bank card and waited a week to get a new one. It's great, but tbfh it's still easier to pay with my card now(it also has nfc)

Pocomeme wins in performance (SD845 is way faster than Kirin 970), plus it has a headphone jack and a MicroSD slot. Bootloader is unlockable for rooting and custom ROMs. The back cover is plastic which should make it more durable than phones with glass backs.

P20 Pro has better cameras, an OLED display and IP67 water resistance.

Should I buy the pocomeme? The notch turns me off

Most (if not all) android devices have option to hide it

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Is this a joke? How can the pocomeme take such decent pictures?

Attached: xiaomi-pocophone-ufficiale-21.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>How do I fix this?
Can't be fixed if it's working properly.
It just means you're being listened.

Daylight, skin smoothing, blurred background portrait mode. Possibly the easiest photo for modern phones to take after some normal flower macro in perfect lighting conditions.

Doesn't make her any younger, that's for sure.

The super rounded asymmetric corners also turn me off
basically it's CHINKSHIT EWW
I can't buy Samshit because of Exynos and basically there's no fucking phones worth buying JUST

sounds like you're just looking hard for a reason to hate things

You sound autistic.

No man, I avoid chinkshit and basically that leaves Sony, Samsung and Nokia. I shappose I'll wait for Sony's XZ4 since Samshit will release the S10 with Exynos as always

How is the honor play?
I need to decide between that and the pocophone. The poco had more ram and the snapdragon 845, but the honor play has NFC which is nice

For me it comes down to performance and display. Is display on p20 pro so much better that it justifies lower performance and bigger price?

Is there anything better than the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 yet?
Under 200 USD I mean.

Pocophone, easily

>Sony, Samsung and Nokia
Jesus Christ...
>Nokia
See pic related.
>Samsung
samsung.com/semiconductor/about-us/manufacturing-centers/
>Sony
Irrelevant.
theverge.com/2018/7/31/17633792/sony-mobile-xperia-smartphone-sales-earnings-report

Attached: nokia-7-plus-android-one.jpg (805x456, 127K)

>Under 200 USD

Well the P20 Pro display is definitely better, with higher maximum brightness, deeper blacks, higher contrast and colour accuracy. But you'd really need to see them in person to make a judgement if it's better enough to justify the sacrifices in other areas.

t. chink
do I look like I fucking care? I'll buy my XZ4 in March, and the S9+/Note 9 is 100% legit if you can get the SD version. Fuck chinky notched trash

Look at what post I'm replying to, retard

Where did you say that? The Honor Play isn't under 200 either.
>do I look like I fucking care?
Seems to me like you do. You're the one going on about how horrible it is to have your phone manufactured in a certain country. Not sure who asked for that second part, but whatever.

I'm so happy with this phone but I heard rumors it might also be prone to bootlooping, like the old LG phones. Is that true?

My old V20 died on me, I wouldn't call it a bootloop because it simply wouldn't start at all, but I also suspect it had something to do with me going in my bathroom and filling it with steam while trying to apply a screen protection film so I wouldn't get dust bubbles.

Attached: LGV30.jpg (940x940, 44K)

>but I also suspect it had something to do with me going in my bathroom and filling it with steam while trying to apply a screen protection film so I wouldn't get dust bubbles.
In no way should steam and humidity render a smartphone inoperable. Your device bootlooped and most likely lost charge in the process.

It didn't. It just died. It was sitting next to my computer with 70-80% battery, I went to the kitchen to grab something and came back to find it dead. I wish the service it got sent to gave more details about what happened to it. I just got my money refunded and I used it to buy the V30.

REEEEEEE
hehe no biggie boy

It's coming from the speakers.
Mobile data is not active. Wifi is on. Phone is idle and there are interferences.

Has anyone has this error with Heimdall? I tried installing development versions of all the libusb packages and I tried reinstalling them and what not but I keep getting this error. None of the methods I found through Google worked either.

ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving bulk transfer. Retrying...

>Mobile data is not active. Wifi is on. Phone is idle and there are interferences.
When you're being listened to, doesn't matter if you "deactivate" data or not, it still goes through.

I hope Amazon has some year end sales in mind for phones, really need an extra $100-150 off for a sweet deal. I'm hebrew like that

desu XZ1's cam blows away the Pixshit 2

Attached: x.jpg (601x578, 120K)

No it doesn't. Post real world samples no one cares about 100% crop test images on 7800x5230 resolution photos.

Uh, so much better?

What is better, a Motorola G6 or a Samsung J7 Pro?
Both have really similar specs, but I'm more concerned whether 32GB in the Motorola is enough since Android nowadays eats up a lot of space.
Also, the camera. The Samsung seems to have a better camera, but I dunno.

What do you guys recommend?

Fuck, this is crazy tempting. I just bought the Poco F1 too...

m.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-SM-N960F-DS-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-4-6GB-Exynos-9810

Just bought a Mate 20 X

AMA ;)

>We looked everywhere. Looks like this page is missing.

cope

Like I've said before: from the newest Moto g series, only the G6+ is worth getting

Get the Samsung

I just want a smaller OP phone.

Sorry, I fucked up copy-pasting the link.

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-SM-N960F-DS-128GB-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-6-4-6GB-Exynos-9810-/192666811119

Thanks senpai, you're the best.

The guy is just meme-ing. Everyone knows that Sony phone software processing is pure garbage. It's a trend that persists since the Z1 days.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Looks good enough to me all things considered desu since the P2XL doesn't have a microsd slot and the price difference if you go up from 64gb to 128gb is abysmal, the XZ1 is dirt cheap these days

6 month old pixel 2 xl for $340 worth it? New ones go for $600 here.

user redpill me on this:

I m deciding on either

Huawei P20 Pro
cause 400-300£

or

Huawei Mate 20
500-600£
or

One Plus 6/6T
400-300£

I mostly care about battery, IP68, and comfy control buttons, I dont use my phone for games or a lot troughout a day, I just want snap pics fast and in low light(indoor parties etc) performance in app switching is key, like whatsapp and google maps and unoptimized websites that like to hog resources and crash anyway, forcing you to dowload some shitty app instead.{facebook, airbnb, ordering flight tickets anywhere really, various forums}

I sort of drop my phone sometimes, so not sure about the whole curved edge thing, not a fan really, dont care about notch, tho I like the 6T drop, picture quality is what Im after.

Also I heard p20 pro still has a better low light cam, due to monochrome sensor and low apreture.

Maybe something worth waiting for in 2019? I hate somesung, but really want dat 7nm, Kirin 980 wont be shit compared to Snapdragons 855.fucking finally after 5 years we Moore...

Overall looking for a good price/performance ratio and a daily driver that wont leave me hanging and wont regret buying in 3 months.

This is 4th phone I will have ever bought, so I'd like to keep it for some time.

Any experices anons?

Much Appreciated

Get the Mate 20 so we can be Huawei gaybros together :3

Just get the 6T

>highest resolution sensor
>poorest result

Only Sony can do this.

Degenerate.

The Samsung J-series is trash though, the correct answer to is neither

P20 Pro snaps better shots than the Mate 20.

imagine actually believing this

You just missed Black Friday

It's true though.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrU9lFGOmNY

No such thing in Asia

But you have Amazon?

Amazon here doesn't celebrate Black Friday, it's shite. I'm waiting for Christmas or New Year or something, there's bound to be a year end sale.

>use BlackPlayer Pro for like two years
>it's mostly perfect but there is that issue
>it deletes all favorites for no reason at all after adding any song
This has happened using MIUI and LineageOS. Does anyone have the same problem and fixed it?
I also have that bug or whatever and the phone will shutdown when it reaches 15% battery.

Attached: unnamed.png (180x180, 12K)

So this is the power of pajeet ROMs and chink UIs...

Some Samsung Smartphones have 1480x720 screens, and while that's underwhelming, the rest of the specs are nice.
Is a FullHD screen REALLY necessary?

I just bought an Oppo r17 Pro today because I'm sick and tired of dealing with the horrible battery life of my S8.

Here's the verdict so far for an $850 phone:

>crazy battery life - it's lost 9% in 3 hours while running a few intense apps in the background
>phone itself is beautifully designed and bezel is very nice
>size is a tad big
>vibration feels horrible and cheap
>screen resolution is okay but the actual ColorOS UI is frustrating and all the icons are massive, no option to resize them

I'm okay with the phone so far. Time will tell how much I get used to it.

As a side note, I've just found a huge problem with Textra in the most unfortunate way possible. Usually when moving to a new phone I just use SMS Backup & Restore or whatever but after many, many failed attempts of transferring my 80,000+ SMS and MMS, I have discovered that Textra actually has been using its own database this WHOLE time and doing a very shitty job of synchronizing the changes with the actual system messages db. I always have a bit of trouble transferring things properly when changing phones but this time it's an absolute nightmare.

And yes, I know, it's a chink phone etc. etc.
Just thought I'd risk it this time and buy something not as premium. All my previous phones have been flagships from Samsung and have usually been okay, minus the battery life.

Yes

Whats wrong with iphones again?

Okay boys, what phone do I get? Money no bar, no Huawei. Samsung's off the menu too thanks to Exynos and Bugsby, despite having the best cameras unfortunately.

OP6T
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S/3
Xiaomi Mi 8

Pixel 3 or iPhone XS

Too overpriced

which phone is best for running a non-android linux?

thoughts on LG V20? I could pick one up for 90. I hear that repasting it helps a ton and sounds easy. coming from a galaxy s3

No iShit phones, thanks.
>Zenfone 5Z
>cheap price
>solid build
>SD845/6GB ram
>sd card/jack support
>6.2" IPS screen
I'm in love already, how's the UI on it?

Is there any way to save money on the fucking cameras? I don't care about them at all, are there any models with shitty cameras but good screen and hardware?

Attached: 1401136236849.jpg (1000x676, 95K)

Am I retarded for having Xperia XZ1C and want to have XZ2C

Pocoshit
5Z
6T
Yes, the jump between SD835 and 845 isn't as big as 820>835 was, just keep it until the XZ4/XZ4C comes out

Nokia E63 and E71

anandtech.com/show/13582/samsung-galaxy-note9-performance-review-snapdragon-vs-exynos/4
>Like on the Galaxy S9, the Note9’s Exynos variant is just an overall inferior device. Battery life was one aspect that the Exynos S9s fared quite terribly in, and this time around Samsung did manage to somewhat improve the difference to the Snapdragon 845. Unfortunately it’s not enough as the Snapdragon variant still leads.

>While the battery disadvantage has somewhat decreased, Samsung has done nothing to improve the performance of the chipset. Here the Snapdragon 845’s software is still leagues ahead of what the Exynos is able to offer, with the latter still not being able to differentiate itself much from the Exynos 8895 in system performance. The benchmark differences are very much also representative of the real-world performance difference of both variants.

>In our recent quarterly smartphone guide, I’ve recommended the Snapdragon Note9 alongside the S9s as among the best Android devices you can buy this holiday. The Exynos Note9 in my opinion again doesn’t really make the cut as you’re paying flagship prices for a device that offers less battery life and performance not much better than last year’s phones
Yikes

Attached: 95159.png (650x600, 42K)

>Pocoshit
>5Z
>6T
elaborate? I've seen pocophone but is that a single model?

Why is snapchat such shit quality on Android? I've always been an android user, but the lack of quality specifically in snapchat has become more apparent since getting a p20 pro. Maybe it's because of the bigger display and the image being stretched more, but snapchat pics/videos look horrid.

I heard that snapchat for Android doesn't support directly using the camera, so it essentially has to take a screenshot of whatever the camera is currently displaying. Is this true?

Pocoshit is one phone, the Asus ZenFone 5Z is another, and the OnePlus 6T is yet another. All three are cheap enough and pack the latest specs and they don't have S9+/Pixel tier cameras.

My nigga patrician old school Nokia.
t. had N8 and N78

I think we have different opinions on what's considered cheap, user. Over 400 dollars is a bit over budget for me, considering my redmi 3 pro has lasted me like 3 years and it's still pretty good.

its ZenUI, pretty configurable but hit or miss as far as whether you'll like it or not, but its got some dev support so far on XDA and looks to be getting more considering Asus made an app yo unlock the bootloader and provided the device tree to make ROMs easier to develop for it

for more info on development search the phone on XDA forums

Pocophone is $280 from the chinks

any bb 10 user here? I am ordering used blackberry classic from ebay. what should I expect?

does android app works well? I heard it's pretty laggy

anyway, I just need a browser, dictionary and email capable device (if it can use whatsapp smoothly that'd be great) . I hope it works well on those.

Incidentally, any GCam mod working for XZ1c?